Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Number83']Gotcha...I tried doing what you suggested, and I did not see a credit from the KH promo, so I dont think it was applied to me yet. Thanks![/QUOTE]They sent me an email this morning that the credit had been applied to my account, and when I ordered Brutal Legend, it was there.

It looked like this, titled "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit":

[quote name='Email from Amazon'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
Your recent order XXX-YYYYYYY-ZZZZZZZ entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Promotion details: [/SIZE][/FONT] Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 10/31/09. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.
The promotion code must be used by October 31, 2009. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[quote name='simp1ysimon']do these gift cards have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]My KH promo $10 had an expiration date of 10/31/09, so my guess is that it's about a month's time for it to expire. The email indicates when it expires, and as it's applied to your account and used on your next purchase, I'm sure it'll be used before it expires.

[quote name='shrike4242']Limit 1 per household per item.

If you did one order for two items that have the $10 post-purchase credit, then you'll get it. Two of the same item, no.[/QUOTE]

back in batman asylum i got $10 x 4
from 4 different order, 1 order 1 batman
get $10 x 4

can i use this way in assain and cod 2?
so 1 order will be asasin and cod 2 (get $ 10x 2)
next 2nd order will be asasin and cod 2 (get $10 x 2)

thanks

I already pre-ordered MW2 last week, will I still get the $10, or will I have to cancel and re-order?

Edit, nevermind, I didn't read on amazon, stupid me.
This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='vidan']back in batman asylum i got $10 x 4
get $10 x 4

can i use this way in assassin and cod 2?
so 1 order will be assassin and cod 2 (get $ 10x 2)
next 2nd order will be assassin and cod 2 (get $10 x 2)

thanks[/QUOTE]They're supposed to be limiting it to 1 per household, so if you get multiple orders through with multiple discounts, you're lucky.

If you're using more than one Amazon account to do that, then they have no way to determine they're under the same household, unless the check billing and shipping addresses.

If they don't limit it to one per account, then yes, you can get away with getting 2 $10 codes twice in the above scenario. If you use two accounts to do it, then yes, it should work without issue.

[quote name='vidan']back in batman asylum i got $10 x 4
get $10 x 4

can i use this way in assain and cod 2?
so 1 order will be asasin and cod 2 (get $ 10x 2)
next 2nd order will be asasin and cod 2 (get $10 x 2)

thanks[/QUOTE]

anyone care to repli?

Couple of questions.

Can you stack the codes together. Like if I get 10 from MW 2 and 5 from GTA. Can I apply 15 towards Left 4 Dead 2?

Can I apply the code to games that I already have pre ordered?

[quote name='wildcpac']Couple of questions.

Can you stack the codes together. Like if I get 10 from MW 2 and 5 from GTA. Can I apply 15 towards Left 4 Dead 2?

Can I apply the code to games that I already have pre ordered?[/QUOTE]

Yes they can stack. You can also use a ECA code along with these if you're a member.

You can't apply to games you've already ordered yourself. You can email customer service and see if they can do it for you. Not sure what they'll tell you.

nice deals. I think I might jump of Brutal Legend. I have a buddy who worked on the concept art. Double fine could use the support.

oh wow. quite a few of these games are on my to get list already, so this is pleasant news. Thanks for the info Cheapy.

Glad MW2 finally got the $10 preorder bonus back. I have a feeling Amazon will do the same thing on MW2 that they did with Batman though...

[quote name='wildcpac']Couple of questions.

Can I apply the code to games that I already have pre ordered?[/QUOTE]

Since your first question was answered, I'll share the experience I just had with applying my Kingdom Hearts promotional credit.

I e-mailed them about applying it to Uncharted 2. They basically did it, but rather than simply take $10 off the price, they lowered the price of the game from $57 to $47. I'm not going to contest it, but it did bring my ECA discount down by a dollar. So my only experience getting them to apply it thus far has been successful, and without hassle.

So I go to the UNncharted page and I see the bonus is for 5 bucks off a future video game purchase. Is this not advertised and they give you the 10 buck credit after you order?

Woops, nevermind. Just saw that it doesn't apply to U2. Kinda sucks as I don't want some map.

I usually don't preorder. But these prices combined with ECA discounts are too good to resist. I'm tempted to pickup Modern Warfare 2. Is there any reason to get either the 360 or PS3 version? I'm pretty casual about online gaming so I'm more concerned about graphics/framerate. Also any idea how long this promotion might last? It'd be nice to use the $10 I got from Brutal Legend on MW2.

I ordered MW2 for the 360 and Ps3 as I have friends who only have one system. Do you guys think Ill have any issues getting the $10 rebates? I dont see a one per customer listed anywhere.

[quote name='edson13']I ordered MW2 for the 360 and Ps3 as I have friends who only have one system. Do you guys think Ill have any issues getting the $10 rebates? I dont see a one per customer listed anywhere.[/QUOTE]

The fine print is 1 per household, but that's a good question if they consider the same game but on different platforms two separate promos.

[quote name='edson13']I ordered MW2 for the 360 and Ps3 as I have friends who only have one system. Do you guys think Ill have any issues getting the $10 rebates? I dont see a one per customer listed anywhere.[/QUOTE]I would make the assumption that 1 item = 1 ASIN number, so you should be able to get both $10 credits for ordering the same item on two different platforms.

Just to be safe, you might want to make two orders out of them, unless you have a reason they need to be combined, like a discount code or GC.

Yes:

MW2 360 ASIN = B00269QLI8
MW2 PS3 ASIN = B00269QLH4

It is probably a good idea to do 2 separate orders as shrike advised if you can just to be safe.

after already ordering Batman, ODST, MW2, and Assassin's Creed 2 because of these $10 promotions, i just need amazon to add the promo to Ultimate Alliance 2, Tekken 6, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, and Darksiders, i would be set for all my must have 360 games of the fall/winter.

Didn't realize NSMB has a $10 credit with it now. I'll pick up AC2 when it hits my Gold Box. That, NSMB, and KH358 will get me a nice $30 credit.

so is this $10 back thing only good when u buy another game in the future?? if so, I rarely buy any games, so this prolly wont be of any use to me. Is it possible to use that $10 giftcard and put it back in ur checking account or credit card?

[quote name='Warpath01']so is this $10 back thing only good when u buy another game in the future?? if so, I rarely buy any games, so this prolly wont be of any use to me. Is it possible to use that $10 giftcard and put it back in ur checking account or credit card?[/QUOTE]

no, it only applies towards future game purchases

[quote name='Hostile']Glad MW2 finally got the $10 preorder bonus back. I have a feeling Amazon will do the same thing on MW2 that they did with Batman though...[/QUOTE]

...what did they do with Batman?

[quote name='bigredvan14']...what did they do with Batman?[/QUOTE]

2-3 days after it came out they offered a $10 (may have been $5) video game credit for a future purchase. People were annoyed because it was only a few days after release and it was a better deal than the coupon they offered for the pre-order.

So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.

I find it far from useless, they get me most games a day after release with fsss. And even if they take like a week which probably the most I have ever had to wait, it is more than worth it. With these deals I am saving like $15 over retail (with ECA) and then on top of that they throw in $10 with almost every game I want. I love Amazon and CAG for these great deals.

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this.

Can these promotional credits be used to purchase game accessories or is this limited to games only? (i.e. a wireless keypad)

[quote name='Microshock']So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's tough because even regular shipping tends to kill a deal and I don't want to wait 2 weeks for a game like Uncharted 2 just to save $5. But on the flip side the $5 video game credit and not paying tax it evens out.

I do have family in the area that would let me use Prime but I don't want to hear shit every game that comes out (ANOTHER ONE?!?!)

[quote name='icedrake523']2-3 days after it came out they offered a $10 (may have been $5) video game credit for a future purchase. People were annoyed because it was only a few days after release and it was a better deal than the coupon they offered for the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

You can include Halo ODST, it went for $51 + $10 credit the next day after it's release so basically by waiting you got a $9 instant savings in the place of the extra $5 preorder credit. That promo just ended yesterday:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237573

And that's why I'm holding out on getting COD:MW2 because I will "almost" guarantee the day after release they'll have it for $50-$51 basically the $10 credit in instant saving or they'll have it for $54 + a $10 credit.

I don't think we'll be seeing Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon for $50 right after release (maybe black friday/after christmas), the $10 game credit itself is a strech but they only included it because they know people will shop there instead of GameStop/etc. This is Activision were talking about here, theyre probably charging vendors a premium and Kotick would have marked the game up to $70 is he had lost another brain cell.

My big fear (now that I have ~$60 in $10 game promotions on my account) is that Amazon will stop having sales, kill ECA and charge $10 over MSRP until the last of these promos expire.

Then I woke up .... so happy to know my prime ass is in for some game day releases at 10% off less $10 for the next 6 orders! So much coming out too :)

[quote name='SimaYi']I don't think we'll be seeing Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon for $50 right after release (maybe black friday/after christmas), the $10 game credit itself is a strech but they only included it because they know people will shop there instead of GameStop/etc. This is Activision were talking about here, theyre probably charging vendors a premium and Kotick would have marked the game up to $70 is he had lost another brain cell.[/QUOTE]

I can remember COD4 dropping to $40 within a month.

Anyone know if credit you get applies to pre-orders you've placed? I have New Super Mario, Mario Galaxy 2, and A Boy and His Blob pre-ordered and got the $10 credit from KH358 today.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I'm surprised Tekken or Ratchet and Clank aren't getting promotional credit. At least Tekken should have it. It's a pretty big release.[/QUOTE]

Ratchet could change. Game doesn't come out until November.

[quote name='Interfeci']I didn't get my credit. I'm sad.[/QUOTE]

Call a customer service rep and point it out to them.

Already preordered brutal legend, really hoping Borderlands gets a credit or at least some kind of bonus so I can use the brutal legend credit on it.

Hey, I have a couple of quick questions to those who may be able to help me out. I've got the ECA account and the free trial for Amazon Prime at the moment (until December I think). These are my questions:

1. Heavy Rain just showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks for today ($54.14). Now I'm new to this, so this lasts all day right? Does the ECA 10% stack with Gold Box Quick Picks? Also, if I pre-order and they add some kind of free promotion later on (like a $10 coupon in the e-mail) will I still get that or miss out on it because I pre-ordered it way in advance?

2. If I were to pre-order it today with my Amazon Prime trial, would I still get the free 2-day shipping when the game actually comes out? Like, does the free 2-day shipping apply to the specific time you ordered it, or if you're currently a member when the game actually ships? If it's the latter, I'm assuming that means I'll lose my free shipping because the game doesn't come out until next year, but my Amazon Prime trial ends in December.

Thanks!

[quote name='BMXJouster']Hey, I have a couple of quick questions to those who may be able to help me out. I've got the ECA account and the free trial for Amazon Prime at the moment (until December I think). These are my questions:

1. Heavy Rain just showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks for today ($54.14). Now I'm new to this, so this lasts all day right? Does the ECA 10% stack with Gold Box Quick Picks? Also, if I pre-order and they add some kind of free promotion later on (like a $10 coupon in the e-mail) will I still get that or miss out on it because I pre-ordered it way in advance?

2. If I were to pre-order it today with my Amazon Prime trial, would I still get the free 2-day shipping when the game actually comes out? Like, does the free 2-day shipping apply to the specific time you ordered it, or if you're currently a member when the game actually ships? If it's the latter, I'm assuming that means I'll lose my free shipping because the game doesn't come out until next year, but my Amazon Prime trial ends in December.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes to both questions.
1) If its on the gold box, the ECA still works, but you get one gold box deal per day (or you can do right click on the deals you see and get more than one gold box item, trick). The pre-order deals usually extend to existing pre-orders, but that depends on Amazon's policy on specific pre-order, so check the pre-order details.

2) If you order now with free 2-day shipping, you keep the 2-day shipping.

bread's done
Back