Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the 10$ bonus is "one per-household" but has anyone ever tried to buy 2 of the same game for different systems, and if you would get the 20$ on your account for buying both ? For instance buying FF XIII on 360 and ps3.

[quote name='Dudemullet']I know that the 10$ bonus is "one per-household" but has anyone ever tried to buy 2 of the same game for different systems, and if you would get the 20$ on your account for buying both ? For instance buying FF XIII on 360 and ps3.[/QUOTE]

I've never tried it but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You're buying two separate SKUs. The way I interpret it, the policy is one $10 credit per SKU per household.

Strange, I don't see any $10 promotional credit listed for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I already have it preordered and I don't see any indication on the product page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now under "Special Offers and Product Promotions." Usually they are good promoting a deal like this with some sort of banner towards the top of the page. Anyways, this makes me happy with my decision to preorder on Amazon!

Hooray! BFBC2 gets a $10 credit offer too.

[quote name='Lucian']Anyone get their $10 credit from Bioshock 2 yet?[/QUOTE]
NO yet. No credit for Dante's Inferno neither.

[quote name='eau']Hooray! BFBC2 gets a $10 credit offer too.

NO yet. No credit for Dante's Inferno neither.[/QUOTE]
Dag. I got the Mass Effect 2 credit the morning after it shipped

*to self*patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue*end muttering*

Amazon usually sends the emails about the promotional codes within 2 days after the game's release, so you should wait until Friday before emailing them and asking where it's at.

I got it, and the wierd thing is that I just bought it today. It hasn't even shipped yet. I plan on using those 10$ for FF XIII :bouncy:

Does anyone know whether an earned $10 credit would be automatically applied to another open VG pre-order upon shipment? Or would it only apply to a newly-placed order?

[quote name='gkrykewy']Does anyone know whether an earned $10 credit would be automatically applied to another open VG pre-order upon shipment? Or would it only apply to a newly-placed order?[/QUOTE]

By default, only newly placed orders. Customer service might be able to apply it to an existing order though.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Thanks - I have an open ECA order, so hopefully I can get it applied to that via CS.[/QUOTE]

I've tried this before and had little luck. Actually let me revise that: I have had no luck. The best I had them do was reduce the price of the game by $10 (ex. the game's price would go from $56.99 to $46.99). With ECA you technically don't end up getting the whole $10 discount, since a $10 reduction in price makes the ECA discount go down by $1 (or $2-3 depending on if one had stacked 2-3 ECA codes) but still better than nothing.

Well, I'm already getting $10+ off the game via the ECA order (lucked into a 20% open order), so I don't mind giving up the $1-2. But from what you're saying, it sounds like I'm not likely to be successful.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Does anyone know whether an earned $10 credit would be automatically applied to another open VG pre-order upon shipment? Or would it only apply to a newly-placed order?[/QUOTE]

I just asked CS to apply some new VG credit i received to an existing order - they did it with in hours. No problem.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Well, I'm already getting $10+ off the game via the ECA order (lucked into a 20% open order), so I don't mind giving up the $1-2. But from what you're saying, it sounds like I'm not likely to be successful.[/QUOTE]
The demise of the ECA Amazon codes was all your fault, you code-stacking GIMAG member!!!

/sarcasm

With all these games coming out, I feel like I'll just wait for most to price drop more than the credit they give. But that 20 for Madden and the 15s are pretty enticing, no need to wait for those haha.

I got my $10 credit yesterday. Was surprised I got the credit the day I got the game.

What was strange was that I received an e-mail from Amazon that my shipment of BioShock 2 got delayed due to inclement weather, but received my package just fine yesterday early evening.

Have not got mine either and it has never taken this long. I got my credit for Dante's Inferno on Monday (which is when both games initially shipped).

For those looking to grab Madden 11, it appeared in my Gold Box today. You might want to hold off until you can get it that way for the extra discount.

[quote name='Ardrid']For those looking to grab Madden 11, it appeared in my Gold Box today. You might want to hold off until you can get it that way for the extra discount.[/QUOTE]
I actually don't think it matters if you preorder or not because I've had games that I bought from Amazon or have on preorder with Amazon show up in my Gold Box many times. I would've thought they'd be smarter about this, but I don't think they are.

Plus, they must be selling Gold Box 'space' cuz why else would I have Bergan Turbo Scratcher Replacement Pads (they're cat clawing things).

Thanks for the heads up Ardrid, for some reason I didn't think it would show in my gold box until after it came out. I'll wait and see now then.

[quote name='chrollo']thanks so much, wish there some ps3 exclusives that got the 10 gift card treatment though. >:|[/QUOTE]
You just missed MAG. The GoW Collection gets you $5 off GoW3 in addition to the gc, too.

Also not to sound like a complete idiot, but
your personal gold box is the same thing as quick picks right?
or have I been confused all this time?

[quote name='Covnam']Grabbed the deal for Sup Com 2, thanks. A small discount on the PC version + the $15 credit is too much to pass up for something I was probably going to get as soon as I saw it in stores.[/QUOTE]

NICE it just got a price drop too. 39.99 for the PC... slapped that to my double ECA and I'll be getting $15 back in two days afterwards.

[quote name='Nirron']I've tried this before and had little luck. Actually let me revise that: I have had no luck. The best I had them do was reduce the price of the game by $10 (ex. the game's price would go from $56.99 to $46.99). With ECA you technically don't end up getting the whole $10 discount, since a $10 reduction in price makes the ECA discount go down by $1 (or $2-3 depending on if one had stacked 2-3 ECA codes) but still better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gkrykewy']Well, I'm already getting $10+ off the game via the ECA order (lucked into a 20% open order), so I don't mind giving up the $1-2. But from what you're saying, it sounds like I'm not likely to be successful.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys talking about orders with promo credits applied?

I have Galaxy 2 order and had applied 3 to it over the various months no problem. All shipped, all discounted right.

Just added Supreme Commander, though I did have to call them on the price drop. 39.99 is a great price on a great to be sequel.

[quote name='Poor2More']I have a opened order that I have an ECA discount applied to, how do I add a game to it so I can receive the ECA again?[/QUOTE]

Email Amazon with the order # and ask them nicely to add a certain title with the ASIN number included.

Anyone get the credit for dante's inferno yet? It's going to get really old e-mailing for that every time after adding games to my order, after they put a GC deal on them.

[quote name='Vortextk']Anyone get the credit for dante's inferno yet? It's going to get really old e-mailing for that every time after adding games to my order, after they put a GC deal on them.[/QUOTE]

I got my $10 dante's inferno credit already. emailed amazon and they added it to my FFXIII preorder which I had locked in at $56.99. So now I got FFXIII for $46.99. woot woot

[quote name='xycury']
Are you guys talking about orders with promo credits applied?

I have Galaxy 2 order and had applied 3 to it over the various months no problem. All shipped, all discounted right.

Just added Supreme Commander, though I did have to call them on the price drop. 39.99 is a great price on a great to be sequel.[/QUOTE]

If you count ECA as a promo credit (it does technically say Promotion Applied) then yeah, I was counting promo credit. Perhaps my problem was either a bad string of CS reps denying me, or the fact that I had quite a few items in my order, and most of my e-mails were worded to make it seem as if I wanted to take the $10 off one certain game. I don't know their inner workings, but they haven't been too lenient with me whenever I've tried to get promo credit applied to any open order.

I admittedly haven't tried it in some time, as my four denials in a row plus one success reducing the price of the game have met with me "suggesting" dropping the price of the game by however much the promo credit was worth instead of trying to get them to apply the credit as a promotion.

[quote name='Nirron']I've tried this before and had little luck. Actually let me revise that: I have had no luck. The best I had them do was reduce the price of the game by $10 (ex. the game's price would go from $56.99 to $46.99). With ECA you technically don't end up getting the whole $10 discount, since a $10 reduction in price makes the ECA discount go down by $1 (or $2-3 depending on if one had stacked 2-3 ECA codes) but still better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

I've had very mixed results too. One request to add the $10 promotional credit to an existing pre-order lead to the rep simply manually taking $10 off the game and forgetting to remove the credit from my account. So it was still there in my cart auto-applied to my next qualifying purchase. Other times they have just manually changed the price $10 and removed my credit. Like you said, this ends up making it less than another $10 off on ECA orders.

The last time I requested this about a week ago they completely shot me down with some nonsensical BS about Amazon codes being restricted to one claim code per customer and requiring a minimum purchase. It didn't apply to the situation whatsoever.

It seems as if it totally depends on the individual rep.

pretty sure I already know the answer but I'll ask it anyway

I have GOWIII on preorder (qualifies for $10 credit) but it doesn't ship till March
I believe you do not get your credit until after the game ships in order to stem cancellations of preorders while still keeping the credit

so I would assume I would have no luck in having a CSR apply the $10 GOWIII credit to my Heavy Rain preorder which ships before GOWIII

correct o mundo?

[quote name='animeomega']Also not to sound like a complete idiot, but
your personal gold box is the same thing as quick picks right?
or have I been confused all this time?[/QUOTE]
You are not confused. This is what we refer to as Gold Box.

[quote name='Lucian']I actually don't think it matters if you preorder or not because I've had games that I bought from Amazon or have on preorder with Amazon show up in my Gold Box many times. I would've thought they'd be smarter about this, but I don't think they are.

Plus, they must be selling Gold Box 'space' cuz why else would I have Bergan Turbo Scratcher Replacement Pads (they're cat clawing things).[/QUOTE]

You would have to preorder to lock in the $20 credit and the Gold Box discount. As to why you receive junk in your box, those are items that Amazon forces on you when they can't find anything fitting your recommendations. You can control (for the most part) what ends up in your Gold Box. Just check out Jodou's Quick Picks guide.

Well, by my calculations it has been well over two business days since my BioShock 2 shipped; email sent. Also, why the hell are they giving the $10 credit to non-limited BFBC2 editions only? It's like charging $10 for the extra DLC that comes with it. What a shitload of fuck.

[quote name='wolve']Add me to the list of people still waiting on Bioshock 2 promo credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stonciddta']Still waiting on both Bioshock 2 and Dante credit.[/QUOTE]

From Amazon's listing for the Dante's Inferno credit promo:
[quote name='From Amazon.com']Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Dante's Inferno, for the PS3 or Xbox 360, by February 13, 2010, and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. [/quote]

If it's been two days since your product shipped and you've not seen the credit, email them.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, by my calculations it has been well over two business days since my BioShock 2 shipped; email sent. Also, why the hell are they giving the $10 credit to non-limited BFBC2 editions only? It's like charging $10 for the extra DLC that comes with it. What a shitload of fuck.[/QUOTE]Not sure what you're looking at, though when I look at the 360 version of BFBC2, the same one I have in my pre-order, it shows up as a promotion, further down the page. It's not the same one they have listed for Dante's Inferno, as an example, though it does show up when you click on the "Special Offers Available" link under the price.

I sent out an email inquiring about the Bioshock 2 credit as my order shipped on Feb. 8th. I've always received them very quickly in the past and got my Dante's Inferno credit days ago so there seems to be a problem.

[quote name='Nirron']If you count ECA as a promo credit (it does technically say Promotion Applied) then yeah, I was counting promo credit. Perhaps my problem was either a bad string of CS reps denying me, or the fact that I had quite a few items in my order, and most of my e-mails were worded to make it seem as if I wanted to take the $10 off one certain game. I don't know their inner workings, but they haven't been too lenient with me whenever I've tried to get promo credit applied to any open order.

I admittedly haven't tried it in some time, as my four denials in a row plus one success reducing the price of the game have met with me "suggesting" dropping the price of the game by however much the promo credit was worth instead of trying to get them to apply the credit as a promotion.[/QUOTE]

I have called every single item no problem. every CS just added, and gave me an email after the call.

I would say do NOT email if you are.

[quote name='Moravagine']I sent out an email inquiring about the Bioshock 2 credit as my order shipped on Feb. 8th.[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not sure what you're looking at, though when I look at the 360 version of BFBC2, the same one I have in my pre-order, it shows up as a promotion, further down the page. It's not the same one they have listed for Dante's Inferno, as an example, though it does show up when you click on the "Special Offers Available" link under the price.[/QUOTE]
Bah, you're right: it's the PC version in general that's missing the credit. Well, at least it's still $50 and not $60 like MW2 was on the PC.

Still haven't received my credits for Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno after they shipped on Monday. Email just sent.

2 weeks ago when ME and TvC shipped I had to email them again for my credits. It's annoying that we have to follow up on the credits ourselves.

bread's done
Back