Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']Beat me to it!

A CE of bioshock 2 was announced, checking if they had it on amazon yet. Not so far, but yes the game does come with a credit now. Pretty crazy thinking how far out it is. The game is also 52.99 on ps3, 53.99 on 360 or 46.99 on pc. Good time to put down a placeholding pre-order on the game, especially for the discounts on the console versions, even if you aren't sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it wasn't announced. There has been a lot of speculation that one is coming and it would make sense given that the first game had one, but nothing has been announced.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm pretty sure it wasn't announced. There has been a lot of speculation that one is coming and it would make sense given that the first game had one, but nothing has been announced.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I just saw the announcement. You were correct. Looks like another $100 collector's edition.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm pretty sure it wasn't announced. There has been a lot of speculation that one is coming and it would make sense given that the first game had one, but nothing has been announced.[/QUOTE]
You lose:

image-o-matic.x

Limited to a single-production run and packed into a rather fetching box with a butterfly motif, the Special Edition boasts a 164-page hardcover art book, a 180g vinyl LP of the original BioShock's orchestral score, an audio CD with the BioShock 2 orchestral score, and three vintage Rapture advertisement posters.

PS3/360 will retail for $100, while the PC fares better at $90.

For the $10 promotion listing, here's all three.

I've been suckered into a lot of CEs - heck, I'm getting the GoW3 set - but I'm not about to pay $40 for a book & soundtrack on *vinyl*. WTF am I supposed to do with that? If they had thrown in a Big Sister figurine to match the Big Daddy from the first, THEN they would have had something.

[quote name='argyle']I've been suckered into a lot of CEs - heck, I'm getting the GoW3 set - but I'm not about to pay $40 for a book & soundtrack on *vinyl*. WTF am I supposed to do with that? If they had thrown in a Big Sister figurine to match the Big Daddy from the first, THEN they would have had something.[/QUOTE]

It's a much better package than GoW. It comes with a physical CD soundtrack, a vinyl soundtrack, posters, a neat box and a large hardcover artbook. All GoW comes with is a little plastic box and a smaller artbook and a bunch of useless downloads.

CE looks great, but I can't justify paying 46 more dollars and not getting a 10$ promo, not counting % discounts. If they drop it by like 10$ off amazon and add a gift card or something, I'll probably be sold. I don't want the CE for any other pre-order currently announced, though I like them, so I would love to have a bit more discount on this one.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']thanks for the info on bioshock...just preordered it in case the price goes back up. i'm not even sure im going 2 get it.[/QUOTE]

And yeah, definitely a good thing to do. Being able to cancel an order at anytime from your computer beats out most retailers and the price is pretty spectacular too. Rarely will a game ever drop lower than this for pre-order and bundled with a credit after the fact..

I made a ton of pre-orders with this in mind, and due to the absolute spectacular gaming season we have, I haven't canceled one. A few were iffy additions, especially coming up early next year, but the closer we get the better they look.

I preordered AC2 and NSMBW but I only see 1 $10 credit show up when I checkout. Can I only use one at a time? Or has one just not showed up?

[quote name='icedrake523']I preordered AC2 and NSMBW but I only see 1 $10 credit show up when I checkout. Can I only use one at a time? Or has one just not showed up?[/QUOTE]
One hasn't shown up yet. I've got credit from Forza, MW2, L4D2, and AC2 and no clue what to put it towards. =\

But in regards to your question, if I try to check out they all show up on a game.

Sweet that they added Bioshock 2 and Red Dead to the $10 Gift Card Promo, although I wonder if I have to doublecheck that the promo applies to all pre-orders (I placed mine in Sept). Either way, I love love love you, Amazon. E-tailer of the year again for me.

[quote name='Raider']Already got my $10 promo for Bioshock 2. Pre-ordered last night. Mistake?[/QUOTE]

Big time mistake. They are supposed to send it after they shipped/billed you for the game. What is stopping you from using the promo and then cancelling the game?

[quote name='Raider']Already got my $10 promo for Bioshock 2. Pre-ordered last night. Mistake?[/QUOTE]

You may end up getting it again when it ships. That's what happened to me when they did the same thing with uncharted 2

What platform? Can anyone else confirm this?

I have Bioshock 2 (360) pre-ordered on a large triple stack order and did NOT already receive the $10 promo. I tried ordering PC and PS3 versions just to see if there is a mistake with them erroneously sending some out now. Nothing received.

Yeah, I have the PC version ordered the same way. Tried PS3 and 360: no go. When they screwed up with U2, you got an e-mail immediately. The person who claims they got their BioShock 2 credit early is probably confused.

[quote name='Vortextk']CE looks great, but I can't justify paying 46 more dollars and not getting a 10$ promo, not counting % discounts. If they drop it by like 10$ off amazon and add a gift card or something, I'll probably be sold. I don't want the CE for any other pre-order currently announced, though I like them, so I would love to have a bit more discount on this one.[/QUOTE]They happily ignored my requests when they did the same thing for Dragon Age, and didn't give the $10 bonus promotional code for the CE's of the game. Non-CE's had the $10 credit.

I doubt they're going to do anything like that for Bioshock 2 SE, since the thing will sell out without much issue.

I've never ordered a game from Amazon that comes with a credit before, so have mercy. I already have Bioshock 2 preordered before they added this $10 credit promo, so will they still send it to me automatically or do I have to email them to update my order?

Wrong place but I dont care.
Here is a free promo code from amazon for $5 of credit on select TV shows on Amazon Video On Demand. To use your credit please write down or copy the promotional code above and visit http://www.amazon.com/tvpromo.

Your promotional code:
BA2D- [not part of the code]
BQ9AHB- [not part of the code]
KGS3YU

just broke it up so lurkers have a harder time, but otherwise its free for anyone.

I want to call CS about not receiving my credit for AC2 or NSMBW. 2 questions:

1) Is there anyway I can find out which game I didn't get it for?
2) Is there a way to prove that the promo was available when I pre-ordered?

Do you think it's worth it for me to wait until Black Friday to get Demon's Souls? I'm starting to doubt that game will get a price drop for Black Friday on Amazon now.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I've never ordered a game from Amazon that comes with a credit before, so have mercy. I already have Bioshock 2 preordered before they added this $10 credit promo, so will they still send it to me automatically or do I have to email them to update my order?[/QUOTE]

They should automatically add the credit upon release. I've had it happen on a few games. Leave the order as is. If the date comes and after 48 hours after shipping notice you do not get the credit, then e-mail them. Some people save a screenshot as proof but I've never been asked. They've always just given it to me on games they've missed.

[quote name='icedrake523']I want to call CS about not receiving my credit for AC2 or NSMBW. 2 questions:

1) Is there anyway I can find out which game I didn't get it for?
2) Is there a way to prove that the promo was available when I pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]
Just email them and tell them that you didn't get the promo for either game. I had it happen with Uncharted 2 and had to email them and explain the promo. As long as you preordered you should have gotten the promo.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Just email them and tell them that you didn't get the promo for either game. I had it happen with Uncharted 2 and had to email them and explain the promo. As long as you preordered you should have gotten the promo.[/QUOTE]

I called them since my Amazon account is with my dad's email so I can't deal with them.

The guy said I had $36 credit in my account but I wouldn't see it when I checked out, it would be applied when my new order shipped. I don't think he had any clue what he was talking about and I have no idea where he's getting this $36 credit from. If it is somewhere on my account, there should be some place that I can see it.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Amazon's CS on the phone. The people aren't mean, they just have no clue what I'm talking about. Last time I called I tried to get the Arkham Asylum $10 credit that they offered a day after it came out. The woman thought my $10.XX discount from the pre-order coupon and ECA was the $10 credit I was talking about.

I wonder if I should try sending an email.

[quote name='icedrake523']I called them since my Amazon account is with my dad's email so I can't deal with them.

The guy said I had $36 credit in my account but I wouldn't see it when I checked out, it would be applied when my new order shipped. I don't think he had any clue what he was talking about and I have no idea where he's getting this $36 credit from. If it is somewhere on my account, there should be some place that I can see it.

I wonder if I should try sending an email.[/QUOTE]

For some reason the special promo credits do not should up in regular account credit balance page. But when you order a new video game it will up in the check out page.

If you qualify for the special pre-order promo credit you should receive 1 of these e-mails,

"Your recent order XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase."

Then just match your order numbers to see which promo credits you received or are missing.

[quote name='Baku']For some reason the special promo credits do not should up in regular account credit balance page. But when you order a new video game it will up in the check out page.

[/QUOTE]

When I go to the checkout, before I submit the order, only one $10 promo is applying.

[quote name='Baku']If you qualify for the special pre-order promo credit you should receive 1 of these e-mails,

"Your recent order XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase."

Then just match your order numbers to see which promo credits you received or are missing.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the emails, my dad does. He doesn't always forward them to me.

I bought three copies of COD MW2 on release day and just notice that today that Amazon applied another $20 gaming credit to my account. I should only have two since I bought one PS3 and two Xbox 360 copies. So check your account if you order multiply copies of each version you migh get lucky.

Ugh, I still have not received my MW2 $20 credit--Never received an email or anything regarding my promo credit....I called them and was told I would automatically receive the credit when buying a qualifying purchase...but trying to buy Borderlands gets me nothing....

[quote name='chrisc133']Ugh, I still have not received my MW2 $20 credit--Never received an email or anything regarding my promo credit....I called them and was told I would automatically receive the credit when buying a qualifying purchase...but trying to buy Borderlands gets me nothing....[/QUOTE]

E-mail again. I had to for my left4dead2 order and I got the "one time exception of 10 bucks credit" saying I had to place my order between oct 11th and nov 17th, I think(which doesnt make sense, since ANYTIME before release date should be fine). Anyway, I originally had amazon add the game to my order on the 15th, with e-mails to prove it.

I don't mind the "one time" spiel, but if they didn't honor it, obviously I would have e-mails to back up when I did order it.

I was checking their game deals a few minutes ago and there are a few games that caught my attention, namely the Ghostbusters Slimer Edition for less than thirty dollars and Dragon Age Origins for $44.00. I'm thinking about giving Dragon Age Origins a chance, since it'll be like $24.00 (w/o shipping) with my MW2 $20.00 credit. Is it good or should I wait for it to go even lower?

Also, I'm crossing my fingers to see Tekken 6 at a lower price range this week.

ok...so i'm a bit confused. I still have my $20 credit from MW2, and i want to use it on the 1600 microsoft points downloadable code (so i dont have to wait for a physical copy to ship), but when i click on the item, it doesnt add to my cart...instead it makes me give some credit card number and shit. is this item not allowed to be purchased using amazon game credit?

if so, ima be super pissed

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, you're gonna be super pissed then.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me?! damn, why would they do that? that's just stupid

[quote name='jcp42877']are you kidding me?! damn, why would they do that? that's just stupid[/QUOTE]

Remember all those cheap points codes that sketchballs were selling on eBay? That's why.

[quote name='porieux']Remember all those cheap points codes that sketchballs were selling on eBay? That's why.[/QUOTE]

But I'm still paying my $20 worth using game credit that i LEGITIMATELY got by purchasing MW2...microsoft points is game related, thus i should be able to use my credit on them

I'm just going to come out and say it. Amazon has really screwed up some recent deals for CAGs who have been receiving promotional credits. I actually pre-ordered God of War III just to get rid of all my credit prior to this week's BF sales. I didn't want them to screw up deals from this week, like they did the lightening deals from last week.

I think I am done with Amazon, I am tired of having to beg them to give me credits that should be automatic. The last 2 games has taken over a week to get to me and I live less than 7 hours from the place they ship from. I am sure with all of the deals they had going on the distribution was overwhelmed but that isn't my fault... They also screwed me on the ECA thing so 3 strikes and they are out...

bread's done
Back