Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']No I tried it late last year and it asked me for Credit Card info didnt even have the chance to add gaming credit :([/QUOTE]

You have to do that, period. Even with the 20$ credit meant for psn only I got for my LBP purchase last year. I haven't checked the regular VG credits, but the Credit card step is required just to get to the check out page if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Moravagine']Not always, no. The credit I received for BioShock 2 expires on either April 30th or May 13th (got two different emails with contradictory info from Amazon). So it varies, I was annoyed to see the Mass Effect 2 credit is only good until Feb. 28th.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Yeah, I'm in the same boat with ME2. I would not have pre-ordered had I known the credit expired so quickly. Especially as the game is now down to $48 I think, which is about what I paid after the credit.

I think I'm going to contact Amazon customer support and complain. Will see how it goes.

Thanks,
Endaar

Does Release Date delivery cost anything more? I'm clicking the option and it seems as though I am able to get it for $65.xx

There are no hidden fees or anything? First time pre-ordering.

[quote name='icedrake523']Release date delivery is free if you have Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. Turns it out charged me $5.xx for it so it's all good. Thanks for the response!

I dont care if anyone else doesnt believe me but I see late 2010 early 2011 will be the time game's well atleast 30% of them will start at a MRSP of only $40-$50 dollars :D

[quote name='Enfuze']Gotcha. Turns it out charged me $5.xx for it so it's all good. Thanks for the response![/QUOTE]

Ya it charged me the same, which weird since its cheaper than the 2 and 1 day shipping. I feel that it was supposed to be 15.xx not 5.xx.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I dont care if anyone else doesnt believe me but I see late 2010 early 2011 will be the time game's well atleast 30% of them will start at a MRSP of only $40-$50 dollars :D[/QUOTE]

Rephrase that a bit better next time around...

Really undecided on whether I should get GoW III. The $10 credit is nice but the Apollo skin doesn't do anything for me though. I liked the first two, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the series.

Wasn't planning on getting Battlefield BC 2 but the $20 credit sounds too sweet to pass up. Now if only they increased it for FFXIII...

[quote name='zerocool397']Ya it charged me the same, which weird since its cheaper than the 2 and 1 day shipping. I feel that it was supposed to be 15.xx not 5.xx.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Well, whether it was a mistake or on purpose it's still a damn good price for getting it on release date and I'm happy I got that.:applause:

[quote name='Endaar']Interesting. Yeah, I'm in the same boat with ME2. I would not have pre-ordered had I known the credit expired so quickly. Especially as the game is now down to $48 I think, which is about what I paid after the credit.

I think I'm going to contact Amazon customer support and complain. Will see how it goes.

Thanks,
Endaar[/QUOTE]

If anyone is curious, Amazon customer support basically blew me off.

I'm not going to grandstand and say I won't order from Amazon again - I will - but I'm not going to take these preorder credits into consideration when making a decision. If they indicated when a credit expired, that would be one thing, but they didn't in this case and I'm annoyed.

Endaar

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']With preorders they don't charge you until they ship it right?[/QUOTE]
Correct. They don't charge until they ship on any orders.

I hope BC2 goes down a little bit before release. That $20 is too good to miss out on.

[quote name='Denogginizer']What is the typical length of time one has to use the credit from these preorder deals?[/QUOTE]
It varies. I think I got an email stating that the FFXIII credit expires in June. Either way, they will email you with the expiration date once the credit is available to use. And when it is available, you can always use it to preorder a game if there is nothing you want to use it on before the expiration.

question: With this $20 in gaming credit you get for BFBC2, lets say that it expires in 30 days. (30 days is how long my dante's inferno credit had before it expired).

BFBC2 comes out on march 2nd so that would give me until april 2nd. Will using that credit on a pre-order of super street fighter work since it comes out on April 27th? Or since it comes out later, it will expire before and I will get charged full price? Will a pre-order in essence save your credit until that later date when the game comes out or will it dissapear from preorders if they are not within the 30 day experation date?

I think credits expire at the end of a month, so maybe April 30. Also as long as you process your preorder and don't cancel, your credit will be applied for that purchase. So preordering allows you to use credits, but if you cancel and do not purchase anything else you lose it.

[quote name='sleepy180']question: With this $20 in gaming credit you get for BFBC2, lets say that it expires in 30 days. (30 days is how long my dante's inferno credit had before it expired).

BFBC2 comes out on march 2nd so that would give me until april 2nd. Will using that credit on a pre-order of super street fighter work since it comes out on April 27th? Or since it comes out later, it will expire before and I will get charged full price? Will a pre-order in essence save your credit until that later date when the game comes out or will it dissapear from preorders if they are not within the 30 day experation date?[/QUOTE]

Only the date you make the pre-order is relevant: as long as the order is placed before the credit expires, the credit will apply regardless of what the release date of the game is. Once it is locked in an order, it is used and thus can't expire. The only way you would lose it is if you cancel the order after the expiration date.

Just noticed there's now a $10 credit for the regular version of Alan Wake. I hate how they don't offer these for the special editions of games.

[quote name='jamezuva']Just noticed there's now a $10 credit for the regular version of Alan Wake. I hate how they don't offer these for the special editions of games.[/QUOTE]

It' blows serious chunks but..., truthfully, I don't blame them. They seem to sell out of their special editions at normal price with frightening regularity anymore.

And this holds true even when the normal edition has a discount. DA: O (PC, 360, and PS3); ME2 (PC and 360); GoWIII, they've all sold out...

[quote name='icedrake523']Really undecided on whether I should get GoW III. The $10 credit is nice but the Apollo skin doesn't do anything for me though. I liked the first two, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the series.[/QUOTE]

its worth a rental IMO, very little replay value just like Dante's Inferno

[quote name='cooljammer00']Damn, just got an Amazon email for the Just Cause 15 dollar credit. Apparently the PS3 version is back up to 60 dollars instead of 55[/QUOTE]

Has it ever been $55 for the PS3 version? It's been $60 since I started watching it several weeks ago. I keep waiting for it to show up in my Quick Picks, but no luck. :(

I know that this will probably be a bad thing to ask but, I gotta try:

Could I preorder Bad Company 2, wait for it to be delivered and then when I get my credit, I return BC2 unopened?

[quote name='amari']I know that this will probably be a bad thing to ask but, I gotta try:

Could I preorder Bad Company 2, wait for it to be delivered and then when I get my credit, I return BC2 unopened?[/QUOTE]

you are a douchebag

I will be preording it tomorrow then pre order just cause 2 on monday then use the 35 dollar credit to preorder red dead redemption

I still have not received a credit for Dante's Inferno, which I ordered on February 9th. My Bioshock credit, on the other hand, arrived quickly.

[quote name='lpburk2']I still have not received a credit for Dante's Inferno, which I ordered on February 9th. My Bioshock credit, on the other hand, arrived quickly.[/QUOTE]

I never received credit for New Super Mario Bros Wii or Assassin's Creed 2 (Both came around the same time). I ordered with my dad's account so I had to call them. The guy had no fucking clue what I was talking about. He said I had $36 in my account even though $6 was video on-demand credit, $20 was a Buy80Save20 coupon, and $10 was the credit from the one game I received. I tried explaining this to him but he just kept repeating it; not understanding that I hadn't received the credit from one of the games (there's no way for them to check). I gave up since NSMBW was only $46 and AC2 only cost me $11. $57 for 2 brand new games is still a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amari']I know that this will probably be a bad thing to ask but, I gotta try:

Could I preorder Bad Company 2, wait for it to be delivered and then when I get my credit, I return BC2 unopened?[/QUOTE]

you are a douchebag !

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']its worth a rental IMO, very little replay value just like Dante's Inferno[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've never had much interest in replaying GoW I or II multiple times, at least not over a short time. I'll wait for a B2G1 or sale. Spending $56 just to save $10 later is a waste.

[quote name='Slaylock']Has it ever been $55 for the PS3 version? It's been $60 since I started watching it several weeks ago. I keep waiting for it to show up in my Quick Picks, but no luck. :([/QUOTE]

At the time of the credit announcement, the PS3 version was at around 55.99 or something. 40 dollar game at launch was a super sweet deal.

[quote name='JockoMarlowe']Monster Hunter 3 (standalone and bundle) both come with $10 giftcard now...didn't see this mentioned...ignore if already discussed...[/QUOTE]

was just about to post this

Hmm....Amazon for $60 w/ $10 credit or GameStop for $50 with slower shipping? I have a $33 GS GC to use but I can use it during a B2G1 or on a $29.99 game and pay no tax. I might go the Amazon route.

[quote name='helmet']Aww man, this has made deciding between the PC and the 360 edition of BC2 a whole lot more difficult. :([/QUOTE]
Why? The PC version is down to $45 flat, whereas you still spend $60 on the console version but get $20 back. I'd take the $15 off up front rather than having to worry about spending $20 later. You just have to decide how much $5 is worth when the PC version is vastly more customizable.

(since thread is kind of about all pre-orders as well..) Apparently the heavy rain pre-order dlc has been delayed. Just got an e-mail from amazon stating I'll get the code march 4th.

I went outside earlier and it was just barely drizzling, but now it's going pretty good and ups just dropped off my package 5 minutes ago. Not origami killer rain, but funny and a little cool almost. Ah to start it or not, the game starts slow I know and I won't have a very long time right now...but....but!

And wow, it just got a lot stronger. I think that is a sign, time to start her up.

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah. I've never had much interest in replaying GoW I or II multiple times, at least not over a short time. I'll wait for a B2G1 or sale. Spending $56 just to save $10 later is a waste.[/QUOTE]

sometimes, the $10 thing is a ploy in a way to get people to buy the game. most of the time, games drop about that much anyway after release.

[quote name='Jodou']Why? The PC version is down to $45 flat, whereas you still spend $60 on the console version but get $20 back. I'd take the $15 off up front rather than having to worry about spending $20 later. You just have to decide how much $5 is worth when the PC version is vastly more customizable.[/QUOTE]

Inevitable fear that I won’t be able to run the game on PC (never got accepted for the beta) vs settling for the “inferior” version, but one that will have resell value. Paying extra ahead of time isn't much of an issue, as I always have my credits stored in some future purchase within like 20 seconds of receiving it.

Also general indecisiveness about anything and everything. Though I think now.. I may just end up buying it from Steam though, I don't feel like waiting for Amazon's super slow shipping now that my year of Prime just ended. That $20 would have finished paying off my Final Fantasy XIII preorder though.

bread's done
Back