Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jubeininja69']sometimes, the $10 thing is a ploy in a way to get people to buy the game. most of the time, games drop about that much anyway after release.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Though I can see the bundle keeping its value for a long time. And The $10 is as good as cash since I buy on Amazon a lot.

But I decided to keep my GS preorder. Easier to return and the 500 Wii pts are back up.

To Amazon.com Inc.

I noticed you raised the price of Just Cause 2 for the Playstation 3 to $59.99 . I would highly appreciate it if you dropped it back down to 55.95 . It would give you a better chance to make more sales have have more traffic to the site . I hope you do so .

Thanks , Andrew

lol , its not like they arent already one of the highest selling online retailers lol

if you (pre)order several copies of the same game (in my case I want 2), will you get credit for each one? or maybe you would have to place a separate order?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']if you (pre)order several copies of the same game (in my case I want 2), will you get credit for each one? or maybe you would have to place a separate order?[/QUOTE]

I am not completely sure but I think u would have to make 2 separate orders on 2 separate accounts , but remember not completely sure :X

[quote name='Gamer SDP']if you (pre)order several copies of the same game (in my case I want 2), will you get credit for each one? or maybe you would have to place a separate order?[/QUOTE]

Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, for PS3 or Xbox 360, and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Don't know if anyone has tried ordering two and having one delivered to a different house.

I'm tempted to Pre-Order Madden 11 for the $20 credit, but not sure I want to wait until AUGUST for the Preorder. Plus, unsure if I want PS3 or 360 also....I always go 360 on multi-platform stuff, but who knows.

No MLB10 is upsetting also...oh well.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm tempted to Pre-Order Madden 11 for the $20 credit, but not sure I want to wait until AUGUST for the Preorder. Plus, unsure if I want PS3 or 360 also....I always go 360 on multi-platform stuff, but who knows.

No MLB10 is upsetting also...oh well.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pay anything up front with amazon so what do you have to lose to pre-order it? If you don't want it in July then just cancel it.

[quote name='tdonohu']You don't have to pay anything up front with amazon so what do you have to lose to pre-order it? If you don't want it in July then just cancel it.[/QUOTE]

I would be using my Bioshock 2 credit on it...so if I cancel, I may lose it.

[quote name='ThunderIV']Now it's time for Amazon to add $10 credits to Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2 and Metroid: Other M. :)[/QUOTE]

amen to that!

actually make it $20 credits

:)

Do the video game credits not work toward XBox Live Points? I want to use my 10 bucks from Mass Effect 2, but when I try to buy the points code the credit isn't showing up... Do I have to order a hard copy and wait for it to come in the mail? I'm confused.

Just got Amazon to add Mafia II to an old ECA pre-order. I haven't read anything about this sequel but remember enjoying the first one years ago. With a discount and $10 credit, I guess I can afford to risk it sucking.

I would just like Amazon to send the CREDITS within 2 days as promised. Bioshock - 1 week, still waiting on Dante...anyone get Dante with the automated email yet?

[quote name='stonciddta']I would just like Amazon to send the CREDITS within 2 days as promised. Bioshock - 1 week, still waiting on Dante...anyone get Dante with the automated email yet?[/QUOTE]

I got the automated email/$10 Dante credit the Monday before the Tuesday the game was released (it shipped Sunday night). I had to wait 5-6 days for Bioshock though. This is the first time I've seen this many problems with these credits, I've gotten them at least 7-8 times previously with no hiccup.

[quote name='Vortextk']They work for the cards, not the codes.[/QUOTE]

Boooooo, I'd have to pay for shipping unless I added more.

Thanks for the quick answer though. Appreciate it.

The shipping for my trade ins is taking FOREVER. At this rate, they won't be processed in time to preorder Bad Company 2... Is there a way to pay with a card and then switch it to credit?

[quote name='o2012o']The shipping for my trade ins is taking FOREVER. At this rate, they won't be processed in time to preorder Bad Company 2... Is there a way to pay with a card and then switch it to credit?[/QUOTE]

You can go into an order anytime before it moves to "shipping soon" status and switch to pay with Amazon credit or a gift card. If you have credit, when you go into the order details there will be an option to apply your credit near the top of the page.

Would the credit be usable towards game accessories? I have a Xbox 360 Arcade I bought off that Walmart deal, but I never got around to buying a HDD.

My $10 BioShock credit seems to apply to PSN downloadable games. I was trying to purchase SFII Turbo HD Remix and the credit showed up. Credits from previous games didn't though.

[quote name='Techman16']It is not worth getting this game yet, I think it will be a fast dropping game[/QUOTE]

It's worth it if you love Battlefield games like I do. I pre-ordered this game a long time ago and I'm very excited about it. I have no regrets paying the amount that I did.

When after you purchase the game does the credit go into your account? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm on my phone and couldn't search for it, thanks for any answers. I'm anticipating buy bc2 and useing the 20 credit on FF13, think it could work?

[quote name='Brownjohn']It's worth it if you love Battlefield games like I do. I pre-ordered this game a long time ago and I'm very excited about it. I have no regrets paying the amount that I did.[/QUOTE]

same.

also there will be free dlc for the ppl that buy's the game :)
can't wait for the game next week.

[quote name='svt1029']When after you purchase the game does the credit go into your account? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm on my phone and couldn't search for it, thanks for any answers. I'm anticipating buy bc2 and useing the 20 credit on FF13, think it could work?[/QUOTE]

It goes to your account but you can't look it up anywhere. It applies automatically when you check out with a game.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I haven't been able to apply credit to already placed orders. Gift cards on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

You can email or call them to apply to a placed order if that order hasn't shipped.

I just preordered BC2. Is release date delivery now free (because of Amazon Prime)? I never noticed that before.

Didn't see it listed in the OP and my apologies if already mentioned, but Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) now has an associated $10 credit for both the standalone ($44.99) and the black classic controller pro bundle ($59.99).

Both are available with release date delivery.

[quote name='Blackout']I just preordered BC2. Is release date delivery now free (because of Amazon Prime)? I never noticed that before.[/QUOTE]
Yup, amazon prime gets you free release date delivery.

[quote name='rvdrock']Cuz Amazon prime is the shit...sorry just had to say it![/QUOTE]
Sometimes I feel bad for using my amazon prime since I shop at amazon so much, thats how good it is.

Do you guys thing GOW will be $47 or cheaper by the end of June? I ask because I won't have my PS3 to play on till then and don't know whether to bite on this deal or wait till June for the price to drop.

[quote name='Blitz_Pro']Do you guys thing GOW will be $47 or cheaper by the end of June? I ask because I won't have my PS3 to play on till then and don't know whether to bite on this deal or wait till June for the price to drop.[/QUOTE]

Yea there will most likely be a deal by june for sure. Thats a loonggg time. Give 2 months on ANY game and itll be $45

As long as Best Buy or Target have sales on your most wanted games, within a month of getting your game credit, you should be able to get a good deal on something. Seeing as thought Amazon usually price matches all BB and Target sales.
Example: ME2 was 49.99 at target this week, so amazon price matched it.

As for deciding between amazon and Walmart with this $20 bad company 2 deal, I think I gotta go with Amazon.
With walmart I not only would I need to pay taxes, but shipping as well. And I'm not so sure Walmart can pull off the release date delivery that amazon will offer with prime shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to order Battlefield, and MLB 2k10. Use the $30 in GC and order Aliens V Predator for $49.99 and basically $20 after the GCs. Total will be about $130 for all 3. Works for me.

bread's done
Back