Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gepet0']Ps3 or xbox? does the developer favor 1 platform over the other?[/QUOTE]

Full disclosure: I've only played the 360 version of GTAIV and I'm getting RDR for the 360. (I own both systems)

Now I don't want to sound like a fanboy but from what I've read and asked a coworker at work the PS3 had some serious issues at launch with the game's MP aspect... aka horrible lag in the game or even just getting into the game. (My friend told me that he drove over an opponent with a car and the guy just stood there shooting at him....)

I know it was patched a few times and I'm guessing ended up being pretty damn equal in all things... but it was a very shaking beginning. Now if they learned from that experience I would imagine both games being pretty much the same but if they haven't, well,... RDR's MP looks quite a bit like GTAIV's so it could end up with the same issues till its patched.

Frankly, I think you're better off seeing which friends are getting it and for which system... and if MP doesn't matter to you which system you prefer.

[quote name='gepet0']Ps3 or xbox? does the developer favor 1 platfrom over the other?[/QUOTE]

for red dead? It seems like the 360 version will be the one to get, as virtually 100% of the footage/previews/screens have been from that build.

Also, 360 will be the one to get for the multiplayer because of the 8 player party system it has, makes it easier to have big free roam games.

I canceled my GS preorder and switched it to Amazon. No tax, free release day delivery, and overall $10 cheaper than my stacked coupon gamestop price. win.

Man, I already had it preordered for $45 on Amazon (from last November when you got $10 off with a Discover card on a purchase over $50) and now that they upped it to a $20 GC, I'll essentially be getting this awesome looking game for $25. Unreal, Amazon. Unreal....

[quote name='dotbomb']I canceled my GS preorder and switched it to Amazon. No tax, free release day delivery, and overall $10 cheaper than my stacked coupon gamestop price. win.[/QUOTE]

I decided to keep the gamestop pre-order, it came out to 44.99 + taxes, 10 off on next purchase, but most importantly it upgrades you to the special edition. The two are about even, and the release date delivery is gravy for amazon, but I'm not gonna have time to play until the weekend due to work.

[quote name='mitnosi']Alan Wake's 10 dollar credit was removed, does Amazon usually take credits away?[/QUOTE]
No, they don't* and I was wondering about that too I was thinking of changing my preorder away from the LE.

* The only exception to this is when except for when a game misses its target date... like RDR did. I'm hoping it shows back up soon and pretty much suspect it too as Wal-Mart still has their 10 dollar code going on.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']No, they don't* and I was wondering about that too I was thinking of changing my preorder away from the LE.

* The only exception to this is when except for when a game misses its target date... like RDR did. I'm hoping it shows back up soon and pretty much suspect it too as Wal-Mart still has their 10 dollar code going on.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks, I was planning on putting in an order for it soon with some credit im waiting to come in, and was bummed when I saw the 10 dollars missing lol

If I ordered Red Dead Redemption on April 11th, when the amazon credit was $10, now that they have changed it do I get the $20 credit? Should I cancel my previous order, and order it again?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Full disclosure: I've only played the 360 version of GTAIV and I'm getting RDR for the 360. (I own both systems)

Now I don't want to sound like a fanboy but from what I've read and asked a coworker at work the PS3 had some serious issues at launch with the game's MP aspect... aka horrible lag in the game or even just getting into the game. (My friend told me that he drove over an opponent with a car and the guy just stood there shooting at him....)

I know it was patched a few times and I'm guessing ended up being pretty damn equal in all things... but it was a very shaking beginning. Now if they learned from that experience I would imagine both games being pretty much the same but if they haven't, well,... RDR's MP looks quite a bit like GTAIV's so it could end up with the same issues till its patched.

Frankly, I think you're better off seeing which friends are getting it and for which system... and if MP doesn't matter to you which system you prefer.[/QUOTE]

I've played the ps3 version(It's the first system I got it on) and the 360 version at my sister's house. There was pretty much no difference at all in the games. Multiplayer on psn had all the bugs ironed out and ran smooth. Just look at Ballad of Gay tony on ps3. It runs and looks better than GTAIV on ps3. So I have no doubt that Red Dead will be pretty much equal on both systems.

[quote name='doreo503']If I ordered Red Dead Redemption on April 11th, when the amazon credit was $10, now that they have changed it do I get the $20 credit? Should I cancel my previous order, and order it again?[/QUOTE]

No need to. You will get the 20 dollar gc with your current order. And your preorder price should be $56.99!

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake in the same order. Both games were offering amazon credit at the time of pre-ordering. The confirmation email I received said the following:

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."

Is this just an oversight in amazon's emailing system? Will I receive both gift credits for purchasing 2 qualifying games in the same order?

Thanks in advance

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww damn.
Well that did it for me. I was gonna hold off on Red Dead since I am already in for Modnation, 3dDot Game Heroes, Bioshock 2 which Amazon had the deal on... and the Prototype deal from Gamefly...
but now that Amazon has done the 20 I can't pass it up. Its like Black Friday in May :whistle2:?

Knowing Amazon, I canceled my pre-order and reordered it to get my 20 dollar gift card on Red Dead...thanks for updating Cheapy!

[quote name='rvdrock']Knowing Amazon, I canceled my pre-order and reordered it to get my 20 dollar gift card on Red Dead...thanks for updating Cheapy![/QUOTE]

Knowing Amazon, you shouldn't have bothered canceling and reordering.

Someone should take the computer away when I'm hungover, I canceled AW since I just found out how to increase the odds of Amazon Quick Picks and wanted an extra $2.85 and then I look back and see they pulled the promo credit this morning... lol :cry:

[quote name='mitnosi']How do I view what credit my account currently has?[/QUOTE]

For the videogame credit, I believe the only way is to add a game to your cart and look at the total at checkout. Normal credit you can see in your account view.

Does anyone know if you place the order before your prime membership is up but your membership expires before the game ships, does it still apply? Membership expires 5/13.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Bah, release day delivery is like $6 without prime, so I'm like only getting a $14 GC. (In my mind...)[/QUOTE]
But how much is tax where you live? I pay almost 6 bucks tax on a 60 dollar game in store (lol Cook County), so release date shipping is a wash for me. And Amazon saves me a trip to the store, so it's win/win.

This might sound stupid, but the amazon 20 dollar credit on RDR is good on anything at amazon, correct? Previous times I've gotten credits they were for games only it seemed.

[quote name='elrechazao']This might sound stupid, but the amazon 20 dollar credit on RDR is good on anything at amazon, correct? Previous times I've gotten credits they were for games only it seemed.[/QUOTE]
it is a gift card (code) not a videogame credit
so yes, it is good on more than just videogames

I am concerned about the 10$ credit on Alan Wake going away.. the disclaimer on the vouchers says Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time... Ill ask Amazon customer service and get back to people here..

Just noticed that Just Cause 2 (PS3) has a $10 Video Game Credit. The game is currently @ $56.99.

The 28th it was Deal of the Day, and it was going for $44.98 (but no credit), IMO that one was better.

[quote name='bornbuckeye']Does anyone know if you place the order before your prime membership is up but your membership expires before the game ships, does it still apply? Membership expires 5/13.[/QUOTE]Yes. The shipping doesn't change back on any existing orders if your Prime membership expires before the item ships.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']that alan wake $10 credit has been gone since yesterday.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but trying to figure out if Amazon is going to honor the preorders that did it while it was active

[quote name='fyrflash1969']yeah, but trying to figure out if Amazon is going to honor the preorders that did it while it was active[/QUOTE]
I sent them an email about it also but they never replied back, this was yesterday.

Does anyone know how to update something from free shipping to release date delivery? I know how to change the shipping speed from the order page, but there isn't an option for release date delivery (only Standard, Two-Day, and One-Day).

It's Red Dead so it is eligible and there's nothing else in the order to cancel out rdd.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know how to update something from free shipping to release date delivery? I know how to change the shipping speed from the order page, but there isn't an option for release date delivery (only Standard, Two-Day, and One-Day).

It's Red Dead so it is eligible and there's nothing else in the order to cancel out rdd.[/QUOTE]
Go into order summary(this is if the order isn't in shipping soon process) and go to the shipping speed and just click the change button.

Kind of new to the Amazon pre-orders but this thread is awesome.

I have a few questions and would appreciate any help.

1. I just pre-ordered Red Dead so I'll get a $20 credit when it ships or does it take longer then that?

2. How far in advance do you have to pre-order to get the credit? I ask this because I was planning to use the $20 credit from Red Dead which releases on 5/18 towards the pre-order of Mario Galaxy 2 which releases on 5/23, but then wanted to use the $20 credit for Mario towards UFC which releases on 5/25, so I wasn't sure if there would be enough time to actually do this, as I would be pre-ordering UFC literally a day before release and a day after Mario so I'm not even sure if I would have the credit in my account.

[quote name='halltj2']Kind of new to the Amazon pre-orders but this thread is awesome.

1. I just pre-ordered Red Dead so I'll get a $20 credit when it ships or does it take longer then that?

2. How far in advance do you have to pre-order to get the credit? I ask this because I was planning to use the $20 credit from Red Dead which releases on 5/18 towards the pre-order of Mario Galaxy 2 which releases on 5/23, but then wanted to use the $20 credit for Mario towards UFC which releases on 5/25, so I wasn't sure if there would be enough time to actually do this, as I would be pre-ordering UFC literally a day before release and a day after Mario so I'm not even sure if I would have the credit in my account.[/QUOTE]
Usually 1-2 days after the order ships you get the credit.

[quote name='halltj2']Kind of new to the Amazon pre-orders but this thread is awesome.

2. How far in advance do you have to pre-order to get the credit? I ask this because I was planning to use the $20 credit from Red Dead which releases on 5/18 towards the pre-order of Mario Galaxy 2 which releases on 5/23, but then wanted to use the $20 credit for Mario towards UFC which releases on 5/25, so I wasn't sure if there would be enough time to actually do this, as I would be pre-ordering UFC literally a day before release and a day after Mario so I'm not even sure if I would have the credit in my account.[/QUOTE]

you may get the red dead one in time to order mario galaxy... unless it screws up and you have to email about it which does happen sometimes or they take down mario galaxy... the mario galaxy is another issue tho. it will not ship till the 24th so you could get the credit that day or up to 2 days later unless it screws up and you have to email.

in other words it may work but don't think I'd hold my breath for it.

[quote name='Afflicted']you may get the red dead one in time to order mario galaxy... unless it screws up and you have to email about it which does happen sometimes or they take down mario galaxy... the mario galaxy is another issue tho. it will not ship till the 24th so you could get the credit that day or up to 2 days later unless it screws up and you have to email.

in other words it may work but don't think I'd hold my breath for it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah damn Nintendo releases their stuff on Sundays :|

[quote name='mitnosi']Usually 1-2 days after the order ships you get the credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Afflicted']you may get the red dead one in time to order mario galaxy... unless it screws up and you have to email about it which does happen sometimes or they take down mario galaxy... the mario galaxy is another issue tho. it will not ship till the 24th so you could get the credit that day or up to 2 days later unless it screws up and you have to email.

in other words it may work but don't think I'd hold my breath for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I guess I'll just play it safe and go ahead and pre-order all 3 so I don't miss out on any of the credits or anything like that and load up on the credits for a future purchase

if i preordered when it was the $10 gift card promo, will it automatically upgrade to the $20 gift card when the game releases?

[quote name='mn9500']if i preordered when it was the $10 gift card promo, will it automatically upgrade to the $20 gift card when the game releases?[/QUOTE]
I want to say yes because in the past this was done for people, but I can't get Amazon to give me an answer on it.

[quote name='mitnosi']Go into order summary(this is if the order isn't in shipping soon process) and go to the shipping speed and just click the change button.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said I understand how to change the shipping speed, but there isn't an option for release date delivery. Thanks anyways.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, like I said I understand how to change the shipping speed, but there isn't an option for release date delivery. Thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]
Oh, sorry. Not sure, my order has it on there. I guess if its not showing up for you then you will have to email them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Oh, sorry. Not sure, my order has it on there. I guess if its not showing up for you then you will have to email them.[/QUOTE]If it's not allowing you to change it to Release Date Delivery, it's not being offered at this time.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's not allowing you to change it to Release Date Delivery, it's not being offered at this time.[/QUOTE]

I checked the product page before attempting to change the shipping and RDD is still being offered. The game is Red Dead Redemption.

if i preordered when it was the $10 gift card promo, will it automatically upgrade to the $20 gift card when the game releases?

If they don't, Amazon customer service is gonna have alot of very, very pissed off people to deal and I will be one of them.

[quote name='mn9500']if i preordered when it was the $10 gift card promo, will it automatically upgrade to the $20 gift card when the game releases?[/QUOTE]

hopefully.... but then again... if it doesn't automatically you can always keep at amazon till they give it to ya.

I preordered in store at a gamestop for their soundtrack and other bonuses but would like to take advantage of the amazon credit deal. Any suggestions CAGs?

[quote name='dino88']I checked the product page before attempting to change the shipping and RDD is still being offered. The game is Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

do you have multiple items on the order? amazons system doesn' let you change an item to RDD if there's multiple items on the order, but customer service could possible do it.

bread's done
Back