Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that about GTAIV too, but to me it looks just fine on ps3. I also have the PC version so it's not like the ps3 version is ugly or anything.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I've heard GTA IV was better graphically on the 360. I dont know myself since I didn't really like GTA IV and got rid of it pretty quick and only played the Xbox version.

PS if Cheapys wrong about RDR he may want to find a cave to hide in for a little while ;)[/QUOTE]

If he's wrong or did this to satisfy his sick kicks I'll just send him a box full of skinned animal carcasses...a box full of 2 MONTHS OLD skinned animal carcasses. With a picture of me in my Davey Crockett Raccoon Cap giving him the finger while jammin' on my guitar!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe if they delay it for PS3, it'll mean there won't be as many tools playing the Free Roam like they were in GTA IV and GTA IV Episodes. I'd love to just explore the Wild West enviro without having some d-bag coming in out of nowhere trying to kill me for 20-25 minutes and unloading every shot they have to do so.:roll:

But with the shaky ground Rockstar and their parent company Take-Two is on, they need as many big name games with lotsa sales for each as they can get.

Otherwise, we risk another company being taken over by EA.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, EA isn't evil...at least not anymore. ;) That torch has now officially been passed on to Activision.

So PS3 it is! Rock on!!!

My source knows Cheapy's source and said they were both high as shit when comparing the two. My source says Cheapy's source was playing Red Dead Revolver. My source and Cheapy's source were sittin' by the fire. My source told Cheapy's source "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."

I was just Google-ing, searching previews from websites like 1UP, IGN, GameSpot, and in none of the previews they mention the PS3 version being inferior.

Altho I might be clueless, I doubt they would use a 360 version to make a PS3 preview? Or maybe they just give 1 version and write the same for both consoles?

[quote name='Azuvidexus']I was just Google-ing, searching previews from websites like 1UP, IGN, GameSpot, and in none of the previews they mention the PS3 version being inferior.

Altho I might be clueless, I doubt they would use a 360 version to make a PS3 preview? Or maybe they just give 1 version and write the same for both consoles?[/QUOTE]
You come from gamefaqs? :p

Nah, but I'm concerned about this because I was planning to pre-order one of these days (just waiting for a video game credit to get available). I don't want to buy something that is inferior (like really bad), and even more considering I've never pre-ordered anything.

That's why I'm looking around previews trying to see if they had hints or something, but nothing so far.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Nah, but I'm concerned about this because I was planning to pre-order one of these days (just waiting for a video game credit to get available). I don't want to buy something that is inferior (like really bad), and even more considering I've never pre-ordered anything.

That's why I'm looking around previews trying to see if they had hints or something, but nothing so far.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it will be terrible, maybe some small differences that people blow out of proportion.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are talking about Red Dead Redemption, I've heard from a reliable source that the PS3 version is significantly inferior.[/QUOTE]

Probably because Rockstar built it with the 360 in mind, this time. GTAIV was similar, as they started development on the PS3 before it went multiplatform and, in turn, didn't run as well on the 360... not to mention was scaled down due to DVD-9.

Most games that are developed on the 360 first, then ported to the PS3, run worse on the PS3, because the game's are developed for the simpler system first, unfortunately. Either way, there's bound to be some site that picks apart all the minor details and differences, that would otherwise go unnoticed, once the game comes out... lol

I honestly dont think the differences between the two will be noticeable , and if they are then you would have to see it with a magnifying glass or something. Maybe everyone was high as hell when they saw previews of the game . Because I think we all know people get high ALL THE TIME .

[quote name='mitnosi']I doubt it will be terrible, maybe some small differences that people blow out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

EXACTALY! As I said before you are better off buying it for the console you like better and/or which friend base you're more interested in playing with.

PS I think cheapy should start a weekly internet rumor... this is far too much fun. :)

[quote name='wildcpac']Mit, did you hear back from Amazon about Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]
Nope, 2 emails and they never replied.

[quote name='SuperTongue']Quick Question: If I preordered RDR when it had a $10 GC, will I be getting a $20 GC instead?

Or do I have to cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]
I would contact Amazon. They told me my order was upgraded but others have said their order was not.

I expect the ps3 version to possibly be slightly blurrier, maybe worse aliasing, drop a couple more frames and tear a bit more. Nothing you'd notice until you put them side by side, and possibly dissected videos/images. That's usually standard fare with most western released multi-plat games, though at this point anything inferior is usually extremely minimal compared to early in this generation.

Also, just e-mailed amazon about Nier's VG credit. It's been a week since it shipped out to me(came wednesday), and no one else I've seen post here about this game specifically has received it either. Just put a game in my cart and went to checkout to make sure it wasn't manually added without the usual e-mail and it wasn't. A bit unfortunate as I never want to argue or come off as an ass whatsoever(and don't need to quite yet), I hate it at my own job, but I pre-ordered it so....yeah, I kind of deserve it now.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']PS I think cheapy should start a weekly internet rumor... this is far too much fun. :)[/QUOTE]

I have next week's rumor all cooked up already. ;) Duke Nukem Forever is finally gonna be released.....only on the Sega Dreamcast.:D

Good one?

And Vortextk, since it's a Rockstar game, it'll probably have annoying pop-in, where you'll be riding your horse across the plains and BAM, a mountain loads in right in front of you. The GTA games were notorious for that.

Well I'm talking strictly about differences, I guess pop-in could be..worse?

Never really played a GTA game. They looked "good", but I didn't care for the urban settings or much for the vehicle sandbox play. The ecosystem and what looks to be much stronger shooting mechanics in RDR do it for me, as well as the fucking awesome looking world.

Any idea how long the RDR $20 credit will stick around? Or even Amazon credits in general? 'Cause thats a hell of a deal, but I just dropped a ton of money on other stuff.

[quote name='faceturd']Any idea how long the RDR $20 credit will stick around? Or even Amazon credits in general? 'Cause thats a hell of a deal, but I just dropped a ton of money on other stuff.[/QUOTE]
There's no telling. As I said before, they just dropped the Alan Wake credit and before that I never seen them remove credits until the pre-orders were shipping.

[quote name='faceturd']Any idea how long the RDR $20 credit will stick around? Or even Amazon credits in general? 'Cause thats a hell of a deal, but I just dropped a ton of money on other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Also if you want to pre-order it now, they wont charge you till it ships, otherwise that credit definitely wont be there once it comes out.

I had ordered RDR when there was a $10 gc, then emailed and asked if I'd be receiving a $20 GC now that theyve changed the promo. Twice I was told no I would have to re-order.

That wasn't an option, so I sent them one more email letting them know that was some pretty lousy CS and I had canceled my other orders and would just buy somewhere else.

I don't like having to do that and usually Amazon is awesome but anyway it worked and they said I will be receiving a $20 gc within 5 days of the game shipping. I'm probably on their shit list now but oh well hopefully I can buy my way back off it :)

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Still buying it on PS3.

Sorry, but the differences won't be 'significant'.

This isn't 2007.[/QUOTE]

One word . . . Bayonetta. :cold:

Though I really hope you're right. While I could technically go either way, I already did my pre-order on the PS3, and it was using the GameStop 25OFF coupon that is now expired, so there's no canceling and re-ordering. I'd have to call them and hope that they could switch my existing order (which I doubt they'd be able/willing to do).

I hope that we can get some more real information (rather than just extremely vague "reliable source" hearsay) before this actually ships.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have next week's rumor all cooked up already. ;) Duke Nukem Forever is finally gonna be released.....only on the Sega Dreamcast.:D[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good one... :lol:

[quote name='mitnosi']I would contact Amazon. They told me my order was upgraded but others have said their order was not.[/QUOTE]I emailed (What else am I going to do while waiting for the reach beta to download?) and I already got a reply...

I'm getting 20 and not because I emailed... ;)

[quote name='arcane93']
I hope that we can get some more real information (rather than just extremely vague "reliable source" hearsay) before this actually ships.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be pretty rare that we have anything solid and definitive before the game comes out. If you're pre-ordering, just be sure you don't mind if there are differences or you can switch it out somehow. I know darksiders had bits and pieces of people talking down the 360 version, which seemed like an odd problem it looks like they pretty much nullified with a patch, but I went with ps3 on my pre-order in that case. Do a bit of investigating on other forums where you might read a bit candid stuff from people working in games, maybe? Like neogaf or something.

Scary stuff when you're OCD, care about this stuff and own both systems ;)

[quote name='Vortextk']Seems to be pretty rare that we have anything solid and definitive before the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'd be happy if Cheapy and/or his "reliable source" could provide more specific info regarding what they're talking about. Depending on what the problem actually is, it may or may not even really matter to me . . .

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ouch. That really sucks. I'm switching to the xbox version then thanks for the heads up.

Also, another Amazon rep reiterated that I will not get the $20 GC with my pre-order since I ordered when it had a $10 gift card. That is completely unacceptable to me, so I canceled over $400 in orders from Amazon and will pay a little extra elsewhere and hopefully get some decent CS. Muahaha[/QUOTE]

Strange. I called them today and they stated that the game will ship with the $20 credit in the shipment.

It's too bad that devs are STILL struggling with console parity. Especially for AAA titles like Red Dead Redemption. Still, it's PS3 version for me since I have not other console.

I have the PS3 version + $10 GC locked in with some expired promo. So cancel-n-reorder is not an option for me. I took a screen capture of the product page with the $20 GC promotion on it. If I'm not sent a $20 GC, I'd just complain my way through.

[quote name='symeon6']It's too bad that devs are STILL struggling with console parity. Especially for AAA titles like Red Dead Redemption. Still, it's PS3 version for me since I have not other console.[/QUOTE]It will always be a problem (as some console will always be the lead console) if people will let it be a problem.... Frankly, the differences in most games are not noticeable unless compared to the other consoles side by side and with a 'console war' ongoing some people will always compare and point out the differences...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It will always be a problem (as some console will always be the lead console) if people will let it be a problem.... Frankly, the differences in most games are not noticeable unless compared to the other consoles side by side and with a 'console war' ongoing some people will always compare and point out the differences...[/QUOTE]

Some of us own both and don't care about controllers/achievements/trophies. Graphic differences come to be the only differences sometimes, it's not about the war for me.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It will always be a problem (as some console will always be the lead console) if people will let it be a problem.... Frankly, the differences in most games are not noticeable unless compared to the other consoles side by side and with a 'console war' ongoing some people will always compare and point out the differences...[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. But supposing Cheapy's source is correct and the PS3 version is "significantly inferior" when both versions are released, it is annoying that people will be paying the same price for an inferior product. $$$$ling issues aside, of course. I'm talking crashes, freezes and the like. Those sorts of issues make games come off as "significantly inferior." Bayonetta and Fallout 3 have been invoked and rightfully so; their PS3 versions had some serious issues (though patches were released). I must say though, despite this, I'm very excited to play this game. Let's just hope that at its worst the game drops a frame or two and that this business is overblown (which is probably the case). Fingers crossed.

I was personally told to order the 360 version over the PS3 version because there were significant issues on PS3. This conversation happened a month ago, so I'm a bit light on details, but I'm pretty sure the problems were graphical/framerate issues. Sorry that I can't tell you more because I haven't played it myself.

My source is somebody I trust for good, first-hand information otherwise I wouldn't have shared it. I'm not looking to start a console war, just want to help out my CAGs with some info. Hopefully he is wrong and both versions are fantastic.

Personally, I ordered the 360 version.

[quote name='CheapyD']I was personally told to order the 360 version over the PS3 version because there were significant issues on PS3. This conversation happened a month ago, so I'm a bit light on details, but I'm pretty sure the problems were graphical/framerate issues. Sorry that I can't tell you more because I haven't played it myself.

My source is somebody I trust for good, first-hand information otherwise I wouldn't have shared it. I'm not looking to start a console war, just want to help out my CAGs with some info. Hopefully he is wrong and both versions are fantastic.

Personally, I ordered the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
That stuff could of been tightened up as well.

^^ I agree cheapy, most likely framerate issues like gta iv. Annoying, but can't deny the eoicness of this game. I'll stick with ps3 bc of who I plan to play mp with.

[quote name='CheapyD']I was personally told to order the 360 version over the PS3 version because there were significant issues on PS3. This conversation happened a month ago, so I'm a bit light on details, but I'm pretty sure the problems were graphical/framerate issues. Sorry that I can't tell you more because I haven't played it myself.

What Rockstar game hasn't there been graphical/framerate issues with? Thanks for the heads up on the issues, Cheapy, but since I only have a PS3 for now I have no choice as to which system to order it for.:cry:

i have both ps3 and 360 and i played gta 4 for on both systems and i can say that both versions are identical and u cant see the difference with normal eye. Its just where ur friends mostly play on psn or xboxlive for me its psn other than that anybody say the one version is superior than other is a fanboy.

Thanks for the update, CheapyD. I have my PS3 version locked in an order. Hopefully R* SD would release patch in time to fix whatever that made the PS3 version inferior.

[quote name='dreamer2050']i have both ps3 and 360 and i played gta 4 for on both systems and i can say that both versions are identical and u cant see the difference with normal eye. Its just where ur friends mostly play on psn or xboxlive for me its psn other than that anybody say the one version is superior than other is a fanboy.[/QUOTE]

Not arguing the hard to see with your "naked" eye, but denying any differences sounds like you have problems with discussion. There is no doubt there are a lot of visual differences between the console GTA IV's.

That's a lot more informative, thanks for the details Cheapy. There shouldn't be anything to worry about then. You'd be surprised how much tweaking and polishing can be done in the last 1-2 months of development. Crunch time occurs, final game tweaks, full-game progressions take place, and a whole lo more. More importantly are the constant fixing of bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

Since your friend informed you of this a month ago...that gave R* at least a month to tweak any framerate / memory / memory dump issues. Here's hoping R* SD has used their time wisely.

Pre-order price guarantee my ass. My ssfiv says shipping soon, but it dropped like a dollar and I never got that discounted from my balance.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Pre-order price guarantee my ass. My ssfiv says shipping soon, but it dropped like a dollar and I never got that discounted from my balance.[/QUOTE]

If it says shipping soon it wasn't a pre-order since SSF IV has been out for a week or so now. I'm not sure what their price matching policy is now if they still even have one but they may refund you the difference if you email CS.

[quote name='symeon6']I couldn't agree more. But supposing Cheapy's source is correct and the PS3 version is "significantly inferior" when both versions are released, it is annoying that people will be paying the same price for an inferior product. $$$$ling issues aside, of course. I'm talking crashes, freezes and the like. Those sorts of issues make games come off as "significantly inferior."[/QUOTE]Well, personally I would consider crashes freezes to be slighty more than significantly inferior... I barely put up with that crap on Uncharted 2 (MP) and wouldn't even begin to think about putting up with it on a multiplatform game.

[quote name='Vortextk']Some of us own both and don't care about controllers/achievements/trophies. Graphic differences come to be the only differences sometimes, it's not about the war for me.[/QUOTE]

So in your case do you do a best guess and preorder one over the other or do you wait to after it ships and wait for the comparisons to come in?

Me (I own both systems) but I mostly go for the 360 when given a choice... Most of my friends have them (or have both systems) and sometimes (but not all the time) the PS3 controller makes my wrist ache.

360 is my go to system most of the time. Dante's inferno was an easy choice for ps3, exact same graphics with bonuses on ps3. Darksiders had hints of possible frame drops and bad tearing on the 360 pre-release(and patch), ps3 there. Nier...well, it felt a bit more playstationish, but I didn't think my xbox would be repaired and back in time, though it was. Batman AA had the joker maps, while it's not a strict "content>graphics" rule, it certainly is something to go by and that was ps3 for me as well. Call of duty on ps3 just because out of 2 friends that play it, one has both consoles and one only has a ps3. God do I hate the invite system on psn on those games though. Star ocean, which is unfortunate that the 360 seems to look better, however 1 disc helps in this case and mostly everyone agrees the english audio is bad(given the choice however I prefer good english to any japanese). And FFXIII I guess is a no brainer.

Uhh, that list was longer than I intended, a few others that were random picks too. I guess for pre-orders the past year it's been half and half, I do try to make the best decision I can with the fall back of "360 is probably better". However for older games it's much easier to gather information on and is why ps3 collection stands at around 30 and 360 is about 75.

Sorry, sorry...off topic rambling, it's just late/early and I tend to do that.

And no, you won't see near 30 or 75 on my playlists for my consoles because there are a lot of games I've never even stuck in my systems. Bad habit.

i already pre-ordered Red Dead, are we who did going to get a retroactive 20$ credit?

edit: ok...i just read a few more pages back and i decided to cancel and re-order it. better safe than sorry.

I would cancel and reorder but I currently have it down to $6.95 because of all my Gaming Credit on it. I am too scared to lose some of my credit because I dont know if its expired or not .

Ugh Choices Choices ..... Guess I will email Amazon support. Hey last time I did they gave me a free $5 Giftcard :D

bread's done
Back