Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panasonic']ugh i just found out reviews for RED DEAD go up the 17th, and i have the 360 and ps3 preordered. I don't have xbox live but if the ps3 version sucks i don't want it.[/QUOTE]

Not until the 17th? Well that sucks...was kinda hoping it would come sooner than that.
Almost every review of other games for this month are already out.

[quote name='megaman187']Walmart just added Call of Duty Spec ops to the list? i dunno how i feel about another call of duty...but i think imma just buy it anyway!

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...+of+duty+spec+ops&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find[/QUOTE]

Nice...another $20 credit at that.

[quote name='panasonic']ugh i just found out reviews for RED DEAD go up the 17th, and i have the 360 and ps3 preordered. I don't have xbox live but if the ps3 version sucks i don't want it.[/QUOTE]
I believe by the 17th your orders on amazon will enter the shipping soon phase and you wont be able to cancel them. So you will get stuck with an extra if you don't decide what you want before then.

[quote name='mitnosi']I believe by the 17th your orders on amazon will enter the shipping soon phase and you wont be able to cancel them. So you will get stuck with an extra if you don't decide what you want before then.[/QUOTE]

I know lol, i wonder if ill get 2 $20 cards though if it happens. The only review out gave it a 9.75 (game informer) but doesn't mention 360 or ps3 differences or performance at all.

[quote name='evophile']Is it possible for Amazon to apply $10 to a previous preorder?

I emailed them asking to do this and the guy said it was impossible.

I got $10 from SSFIV and wanted to use it on SMG2. I can't just cancel SMG2 and do it all over again because I don't want to lose the gold box discount on it.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same dilemma because my prime expired so I couldn't reorder and apply my credit. I emailed amazon and asked them if they could apply it to my dot heroes preorder and it was done within an hour.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Lately, ordering both versions has only netted 1 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah be careful. Amazon has changed their policy and you will get only one credit if you order both versions. Maybe op should note this on the top of the page.

[quote name='alangst']Are these physical giftcards they send you along with your order or just codes that you can apply?[/QUOTE]

Neither, they are credits on the Amazon account that you ordered the game. You can't view them anywhere, like you can with your current gift card balance, but buy another video game or video game related item, check out, and before you submit the order, you'll see the $10/$20 discount in the order.

[quote name='malalrd']Yeah be careful. Amazon has changed their policy and you will get only one credit if you order both versions. Maybe op should note this on the top of the page.[/QUOTE]
It's in the FAQs that no one reads.

How much is release date shipping? I don't use check cards credit etc. but was think about getting a prepaid visa type thing for RDR.

[quote name='grantme']How much is release date shipping? I don't use check cards credit etc. but was think about getting a prepaid visa type thing for RDR.[/QUOTE]

I live in Kansas City and it was $5.98.

[quote name='Felder71']Neither, they are credits on the Amazon account that you ordered the game. You can't view them anywhere, like you can with your current gift card balance, but buy another video game or video game related item, check out, and before you submit the order, you'll see the $10/$20 discount in the order.[/QUOTE]

Just as a note, be sure to check which kind of credit you are receiving. On most games it is a Video Game Only code (anything in the video game dept. of Amazon). However, on Red Dead Redemption it is a Amazon Gift Card that can be used anywhere on the site.

Just played the PoP Forgotten Sands flash game. Pretty good Canabalt clone, with one difference: an undo/rewind feature.

Point is, on the Ubisoft site, they mention how to get an unlockable costume in the game AND they also have an order link to Amazon, where you can use the code POPERSIA for 5 bucks off. That, along with the 10 dollar credit, could mean something to you CAGs.

I didn't see it in the OP. Thought you might want to know.

[quote name='oiskaio']I live in Kansas City and it was $5.98.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's not bad it's about what tax would be for me anyway. Hope the preorder credit deal stays till friday.

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it pertains to the games that have the current credit deals, so here it is. Does anyone know when a game typically receives the option to use release-date shipping? I pre-ordered Madden 11 and COD: Black Ops for the credit bonuses and release-date shipping, but I wanted to add Crackdown 2 and Halo Reach and they don't currently have release-date shipping as an option.

[quote name='protestedherox']I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it pertains to the games that have the current credit deals, so here it is. Does anyone know when a game typically receives the option to use release-date shipping? I pre-ordered Madden 11 and COD: Black Ops for the credit bonuses and release-date shipping, but I wanted to add Crackdown 2 and Halo Reach and they don't currently have release-date shipping as an option.[/QUOTE]

You just have to watch for it basically. If the option is ever available you can go into your order and change the shipping speed. So I'd just order whatever you want now and watch for it.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hey guys how fast do these rock band games usually drop? Green Day RB sounds awesome, but dont wanna be buying a game that is cheap quickly![/QUOTE]

Beatles RB is still 39.99 MSRP after nearly a year.

[quote name='paperkut']$20 vg credit for Call of Duty: Black Ops

xbox360: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Bla..._6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1273659727&sr=1-6

ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Bla..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1273659727&sr=1-7[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Felder71']Green Day Rock Band now gets $20 video game gift card for all versions - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0039RFIQM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Also, it seems to have a $5 MP3 credit attached.[/QUOTE]

Double damn!

I had GRB pre-ordered at GS for the free export code, but now I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and get it at Amazon :whistle2:k

[quote name='protestedherox']I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it pertains to the games that have the current credit deals, so here it is. Does anyone know when a game typically receives the option to use release-date shipping? I pre-ordered Madden 11 and COD: Black Ops for the credit bonuses and release-date shipping, but I wanted to add Crackdown 2 and Halo Reach and they don't currently have release-date shipping as an option.[/QUOTE]

It often opens up closer to the release date, so check again 2 weeks before it gets released.

This Red Dead Redemption bonus is all over the place. Even though it still says Gift Card on the product page, I just saw a banner that reads "$20 video games credit pre-order bonus." I have a feeling customer service is going to be busy next week.

81109517.gif

[quote name='dino88']This Red Dead Redemption bonus is all over the place. Even though it still says Gift Card on the product page, I just saw a banner that reads "$20 video games credit pre-order bonus." I have a feeling customer service is going to be busy next week.

81109517.gif
[/QUOTE]

what the heck? I thought it was $20 dollar gift card! :bomb:

I'd really like to know what it is that Amazon has against the PS3 lately.

I was going to pre-order RDR, but Release Date Delivery is no longer available for the PS3 version, but is for the 360 version?

Blah.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I'd really like to know what it is that Amazon has against the PS3 lately.

I was going to pre-order RDR, but Release Date Delivery is no longer available for the PS3 version, but is for the 360 version?

Blah.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and release date delivery is still there for the PS3 version. You should check again.

[quote name='tdonohu']I just checked and release date delivery is still there for the PS3 version. You should check again.[/QUOTE]

I just took another look, it's not showing up for me. Are you sure?

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I just took another look, it's not showing up for me. Are you sure?[/QUOTE]

Edit: nevermind I checked and there is no release date delivery available for the PS3 version right now.

[quote name='dino88']This Red Dead Redemption bonus is all over the place. Even though it still says Gift Card on the product page, I just saw a banner that reads "$20 video games credit pre-order bonus." I have a feeling customer service is going to be busy next week.

81109517.gif
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hope not! I want the original Amazon GC. I'm waiting to purchase some things from them in the health department with that $20. If it's going to be a video game credit then I don't want to wait, lol.

The image on the RDR page is still the GC image, and not the typical Video game credit one, so *Fingers Crossed*

This is really weird.

Amazon e-mailed me back and said the PS3 version of RDR is still eligible for Release date shipping, and that it's it could be a problem with my shipping address.

So I log out, and check, and yep, there it is, release date delivery. Log back in, it's gone, but the 360 version still retains it. It's the same address info I've used for years, and had no problems with release date delivery.

Hmm.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']This is really weird.

Amazon e-mailed me back and said the PS3 version of RDR is still eligible for Release date shipping, and that it's it could be a problem with my shipping address.

So I log out, and check, and yep, there it is, release date delivery. Log back in, it's gone, but the 360 version still retains it. It's the same address info I've used for years, and had no problems with release date delivery.

Hmm.[/QUOTE]
Same issue for me, ps3 shows up as non release date delivery but 360 does have it.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']This is really weird.

Hmm.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I had this same issue with 3d Dot Game Heroes. And the rep e-mailed me and said that their inital shipment was sold out so that could always be it. But I dunno I know you aren't talking about 3d dot game heroes but the initial shipment could be sold out for ps3. Who knows.

[quote name='dopehat']FWIW I had this same issue with 3d Dot Game Heroes. And the rep e-mailed me and said that their inital shipment was sold out so that could always be it. But I dunno I know you aren't talking about 3d dot game heroes but the initial shipment could be sold out for ps3. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

That would make sense, but then I don't know why RDS would show up after I log out, but disappear again when I log back in.

If they were out of stock for pre-orders, you'd think it would vanish altogether.

81109517.gif
[/QUOTE]

I'm a amazon noob, so the deal of $20 just towards future video game purchases then instead of the whole amazon store?

[quote name='CyReN']I'm a amazon noob, so the deal of $20 just towards future video game purchases then instead of the whole amazon store?[/QUOTE]
That's the way they've always done it. Buy game x, get $10(in this case $20) off your next game purchase on Amazon.

weird. just got an extra $10 credit into my account for some reason.

The only reason I can think of is that it took like a week for me to get my $10 demons souls credit and in that time I emailed them saying I hadn't received it yet. Guess they accidentally double dipped for me. awesomesauce. 3d dot game heroes here I come

I've tried this 3 times now. Release day shipping shows up on Amazon for RDR PS3. But when I actually checkout, release day shipping is nowhere to be found. I've pre-ordered 3 games this year off Amazon(GoW3,FF13,SSF4) and I know I'm not doing anything wrong. What gives.

Pic of offer.

No sign of release date shipping at actual checkout.

EDIT: Ok well if they are out of stock, like the previous person said before me. The release date shipping should just vanish altogether. GG amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back