Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']It was and now I'm regretting not taking a screen. If they try to push a $20 game credit on me, that's a serious bait and switch since I had plans for it outside of games.

No wonder there's been so much confusion. . .[/QUOTE]

Does your order confirmation email include the special offers under the shipping estimate?

[quote name='surak']Does your order confirmation email include the special offers under the shipping estimate?[/QUOTE]
I had them add it to an existing order, so no e-mail was sent sadly.

[quote name='surak']This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.
[/QUOTE]
Most people here pre-ordered the game and that is the promotion that is being discussed.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm regretting not taking a screen...[/QUOTE]
reddead.png

[quote name='dino88']Most people here pre-ordered the game and that is the promotion that is being discussed.
a

reddead.png
[/QUOTE]
a

[quote name='dino88']
reddead.png
[/QUOTE]
Sweeeeeet, thanks! Note that they state the 'access code' will be mailed within 10 business days, but nothing about the gift card. Guess I'll have to suck it up if they changed the gift card to gaming credit via the disclaimer, but I'm hoping they don't.

Also, you should close out the window on how to take a screenshot or ALT+PrintScreen next time lol. ;)

Heh they have changed the wording so many times lol when I placed my order it said receive the gift card in 10 business days and the golden guns acess code in 2 days. I should have taken a screen shot.

When I preordered RDR, it said $20 GIFT Card, but it didn't say anything more about in when I checked out, or in a confirmation email. When I went to pre-order Alan Wake, it showed it on the checkout screen...

When red dead was first put up for pre order it was for only a $10 gift card and golden guns. They switched it to $20 when walmart.com added a gift card of that price. They have changed the deal and wordings multiple times. It's all been confusing.

[quote name='Jodou']Also, you should close out the window on how to take a screenshot or ALT+PrintScreen next time lol. ;)[/QUOTE]
:) First time for everything.

[quote name='matrixadw']Lol someone from Cag or a lurker stole my golden guns insert pic that I posted yesterday in this thread and is using it on eBay. I should have copy righted it :p lazy biznatch needs a camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Dead-Redemp..._Games_Games&hash=item2a0736746f#ht_500wt_920[/QUOTE]

Haha thats funny... I noticed that earlier today and recognized it from this thread.
I thought that it might have been you selling your guns code

[quote name='integrafied1']Haha thats funny... I noticed that earlier today and recognized it from this thread.
I thought that it might have been you selling your guns code[/QUOTE]

Haha nope, my ebay name is the same one I use here. I was just checking out what they were going for and noticed my picture.

[quote name='kryptonic']I was hoping to get my $20 game credit to purchase Modnation Racers.... This sucks if it doesn't come before that ships. :([/QUOTE]

same..i want to use mines for Super Mario galaxy :(

6:30, no alan wake or rdr from ups yet. I..I think I might....strangle someone. I'm sure in like 4 hours "out for delivery" will turn into "rescheduled".

[quote name='Vortextk']6:30, no alan wake or rdr from ups yet. I..I think I might....strangle someone. I'm sure in like 4 hours "out for delivery" will turn into "rescheduled".[/QUOTE]
They finish up by seven I think, but that is pretty shitty. BTW, did you get some sort of pre-order bonus e-mail for Alan Wake? My mate was complaining that he didn't get one yet since it's apparently listed on Amazon.

Lol wasn't sure if it was 6 or 7, walked out to the kitchen, and he drove up. Nice. Installing RDR as we speak and I'll crack open the LE of alan wake.

I did get the golden guns whatever e-mailed to me yesterday, I did not receive an extra code as a pack-in with the game. Bummer.

*edit* FYI, the LE of alan wake is gorgeously made and packaged. Very nice, wow.

RDR with release date shipping arrived from UPS at 6:30pm today... this prime membership really pays for itself :p

My copy had a golden guns code inside, and Amazon already sent me one without me asking, so time to go hawking at ebay... j/k, I hate when gamers try to screw over other gamers by overpricing promo dlc. Have you guys seen the ebay posts, codes are going for $30+. I'll hold onto my extra to see if my brother buys the game, if not I'll give it away on CAG or something.

Has anyone received the preorder bonus (avatar/theme) for Alan Wake (regular/LE)? It is supposed to be sent by email, isn't it?

I was looking at some LE unboxing on youtube and don't see the preorder voucher being included inside the LE.

So is everyone that preordered the PS3 version of RDR getting the code in pack or is it just hit and miss on 360 and PS3?

[quote name='eau']Has anyone received the preorder bonus (avatar/theme) for Alan Wake (regular/LE)? It is supposed to be sent by email, isn't it?

I was looking at some LE unboxing on youtube and don't see the preorder voucher being included inside the LE.[/QUOTE]

Also waiting on the pre-order codes for those along with my $20 credit from the Red Dead pre-order. Pretty strange since I'm so used to receiving credits and pre-order bonuses on the release date from Amazon.

thread needs an update: on amazon, the reg singularty for 360 now shows sold by target and still offers a free prototype. The version with free graphic novel is sold by amazon, NO mention of prototype, but a 20 $ coupon

[quote name='6er']thread needs an update: on amazon, the reg singularty for 360 now shows sold by target and still offers a free prototype. The version with free graphic novel is sold by amazon, NO mention of prototype, but a 20 $ coupon[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if it mentions Prototype or not. All pre-order copies of Singularity are eligible to receive the free copy of Prototype. It's a mail order thing like Darksiders/Red Faction and not actually in the Singularity box already.

[quote name='kangchousa']I sent an email to cust service couple hours ago about the promo credit and just got the $20 credit. Great service![/QUOTE]
Not bad, you might score another 20 if they dont catch it when they send it out to everyone.

[quote name='hall31']Also waiting on the pre-order codes for those along with my $20 credit from the Red Dead pre-order. Pretty strange since I'm so used to receiving credits and pre-order bonuses on the release date from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
That answers that question.
[quote name='kangchousa']I sent an email to cust service couple hours ago about the promo credit and just got the $20 credit. Great service![/QUOTE]
Did they give you gaming credit or Amazon credit?

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']i'll be really upset if we all get gaming credit. i had plans to use the $20 Gift Card on the Vengeance Trilogy thats coming out on blu ray next month :([/QUOTE]
You can always appeal with that pic posted and ask for Amazon credit instead.

[quote name='Jodou']You can always appeal with that pic posted and ask for Amazon credit instead.[/QUOTE]

i will try, that's for sure. Not that im not grateful for a $20 anything, but there just so many other things i'm planning to buy before i can think of getting a new game. this is my first experience with Amazon and their preordering bonuses, so i don't really know what to expect.

[quote name='lilman']RDR with release date shipping arrived from UPS at 6:30pm today... this prime membership really pays for itself :p

My copy had a golden guns code inside, and Amazon already sent me one without me asking, so time to go hawking at ebay... j/k, I hate when gamers try to screw over other gamers by overpricing promo dlc. Have you guys seen the ebay posts, codes are going for $30+. I'll hold onto my extra to see if my brother buys the game, if not I'll give it away on CAG or something.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Prime account and I got release day delivery. Got it for Just Cause 2 and Modern Warfare 2 also. Is it only for Prime members?
Also, my game came with a code and Amazon emailed a code too.

[quote name='cin84_12']I don't have a Prime account and I got release day delivery. Got it for Just Cause 2 and Modern Warfare 2 also. Is it only for Prime members?
Also, my game came with a code and Amazon emailed a code too.[/QUOTE]

prime membership is a subscription ($80 for a year), and the benefits include free release day delivery, and free 2 day delivery. if you order a lot from amazon (as i do) it pays itself off real quick.

That mp3 credit is only one per account I think.

I've ordered like 3 video games and each one said "$5 MP3 credit" but I just tried to buy 2 five dollar albums and it prompted me to pay for the second one.

bummer.

I got one of those $5 mp3 credits a few weeks ago. I never used the few when they had the promo years back. someone mind explaining how those work? note that I never buy music (barely even download to listen) so might have to dl for friend/family.

I wonder if the other credits for pre-ordering apply. Like if you go deal and one of those games, Singularity, comes with a $20 dollar gift card for pre-ordering, would you get that on top of the $50.

[quote name='mitnosi']Alpha Protocol has $10 dollar video game credit on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah did wal-mart just add that and amazon matched? In any case, definitely letting my pre-order go through on this one unless some really bad reviews come out. Thanks amazon.

[quote name='Vortextk']Yeah did wal-mart just add that and amazon matched? In any case, definitely letting my pre-order go through on this one unless some really bad reviews come out. Thanks amazon.[/QUOTE]
I heard it was really buggy, waiting to see what the reviews say also before putting a order in.

Here's the new list of Walmart games with a $10 credit that Amazon will surely match (there's a couple more I didnt care enough to add but here is the full list of Walmart games with an eGift card:

Alpha Protocol (Amazon matched)
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (Amazon matched)
Brink
Epic Mickey
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIV
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Gran Turismo 5
LA Noire
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars
Medal Of Honor
MMA 11
Socom 4
Spec Ops The Line
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II
Toy Story 3

[quote name='cin84_12']I don't have a Prime account and I got release day delivery. Got it for Just Cause 2 and Modern Warfare 2 also. Is it only for Prime members?[/QUOTE]
Anyone can get release date delivery if it is available for that item, prime members just get it free as part of their membership.

bread's done
Back