Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but NCAA Football 11 for PS3 and 360 just got a $10 videogame credit offer added. $10 VG credit does not apply to the PS2 version, but all three are also eligible for a $5 MP3 credit.

:360: :ps3: :ps2: NCAA Football 11 $10 VG credit (PS3/360) / $5 MP3 credit (PS3/360/PS2)

[quote name='mitnosi']Alpha Protocol has $10 dollar video game credit on it.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. In addition to my general huge backlog, I now have a huge one of just newly released games. I was thinking of canceling Alpha Protocol but will now probably just keep the order since credit has been added.

still waiting on the Alan Wake preorder bonus codes and my $20 RDR credit. Emailed them about the RDR credit and they told me to wait 24 hours.

I know before you had to scroll down to see the free Prototype offer with Singularity but now I am not seeing it listed at all. Looks like they are offering a free graphic novel instead (in addition to the $20 credit)?

[quote name='6er']thread needs an update: on amazon, the reg singularty for 360 now shows sold by target and still offers a free prototype. The version with free graphic novel is sold by amazon, NO mention of prototype, but a 20 $ coupon[/QUOTE]

Ok, I just emailed Amazon regarding the Singularity issue and the initial response wasn't good (for me). This is what they sent me:

[quote name='Amazon Customer Service']
Hello,

I checked the description of the Singularity and see that the option of $20 promotion is available only for the version,Game with free Graphic Novel, but not for the Standard edition.

The promotions on our site are listed by the suppliers of that version. So, the supplier not listed the $20 promotional offer for the Standard edition of this item.

I see that you've placed the order for Standard edition. If you want to get the promotional offer on this item, you can cancel the item from your order and can place the new order for the Graphic Novel.[/QUOTE]

I just emailed them back saying I had ordered the Amazon version and was quite displeased that I would have to cancel and reorder (especially since I have Singularity preordered for 55.99 and an old credit in there). I had ordered Singularity since October and they magically changed my order to the Standard edition without any bonuses and told me I wouldn't have said bonuses or the $20 credit. Just FYI to all: check that your preorder are actually from Amazon and are the "Graphic Novel" versions, otherwise, Amazon might not honor it. I will update once I hear back from Amazon CS.

[quote name='nightmare452']Ok, I just emailed Amazon regarding the Singularity issue and the initial response wasn't good (for me). This is what they sent me:

I just emailed them back saying I had ordered the Amazon version and was quite displeased that I would have to cancel and reorder (especially since I have Singularity preordered for 55.99 and an old credit in there). I had ordered Singularity since October and they magically changed my order to the Standard edition without any bonuses and told me I wouldn't have said bonuses or the $20 credit. Just FYI to all: check that your preorder are actually from Amazon and are the "Graphic Novel" versions, otherwise, Amazon might not honor it. I will update once I hear back from Amazon CS.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same situation as you. Looking forward to hearing what kind of response you get.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Here's the new list of Walmart games with a $10 credit that Amazon will surely match (there's a couple more I didnt care enough to add but here is the full list of Walmart games with an eGift card:

Alpha Protocol (Amazon matched)
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (Amazon matched)
Brink
Epic Mickey
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIV
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Gran Turismo 5
LA Noire
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars
Medal Of Honor
MMA 11
Socom 4
Spec Ops The Line
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II
Toy Story 3[/QUOTE]

:bouncy:

Has anyone received their RDR credit?

[quote name='oli821']:bouncy:

Has anyone received their RDR credit?[/QUOTE]
Definatley got the Golden Guns but not credit yet, I thought I would have gotten an email confirmation by now...

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I still havent got the RDR credit yet, hope I get it before Mario Galaxy II release[/QUOTE]

Yea EXACTLY what he said. I don't care about getting it right away though as i've never finished the first one yet. I'm just wanting in at what is surely the lowest price point to come for some time. Mario games forever stay retail.:roll:

Still waiting on game as well. Shipped monday from Lexington, KY and expected delivery is saturday to the Cincinnati area just over an hour away.... Free shipping is slow..

[quote name='Moravagine']I know before you had to scroll down to see the free Prototype offer with Singularity but now I am not seeing it listed at all. Looks like they are offering a free graphic novel instead (in addition to the $20 credit)?[/QUOTE]

There's two versions:

http://www.amazon.com/Singularity-X..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274379510&sr=8-1

If you look at the edition options, there's standard and the one with the book.

Still no RDR credit. I was hoping to flip that credit onto Alan Wake since they have it for $50. I'd take Alan Wake for $30 and get an additional $10 credit. :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's two versions:

http://www.amazon.com/Singularity-X..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274379510&sr=8-1

If you look at the edition options, there's standard and the one with the book.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that. The problem is the "standard" edition is sold through Target meaning their will be a shipping charge. In addition, the $20 credit is not listed for that version.

I got my Alan Wake credit today but like others am still waiting on the $20 for RDR.

[quote name='chopper731']I'm still waiting on my RDR credit as well. I got release date delivery and was hoping to have the credit by now. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm so tired of their incompetent customer service staff. Sersiously... If something says you get a $20 game credit within 2 days of the game shipping don't freaking tell me that it's a 10 business day crap. Especially when I send you a FREAKING LINK to a screen shot proving you wrong.

Can you tell I'm a little irritated by this?!!? LOL! Well... at least I got in on the B1G1 with gamestop.com twice today :)

[quote name='kryptonic']I'm so tired of their incompetent customer service staff. Sersiously... If something says you get a $20 game credit within 2 days of the game shipping don't freaking tell me that it's a 10 business day crap. Especially when I send you a FREAKING LINK to a screen shot proving you wrong.

Can you tell I'm a little irritated by this?!!? LOL! Well... at least I got in on the B1G1 with gamestop.com twice today :)[/QUOTE]
"Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So technically they could change it from 2 business days to 10 business days at any time. :lol:

[quote name='pjb16']"Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So technically they could change it from 2 business days to 10 business days at any time. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You're supposed to be on my side!! LOL!

I understand that part.... My only beef is that they don't say that; they say that I'm basically wrong and that is not the terms of the agreement. Pretty limp if you ask me.

[quote name='kryptonic']I'm so tired of their incompetent customer service staff. Sersiously... If something says you get a $20 game credit within 2 days of the game shipping don't freaking tell me that it's a 10 business day crap. Especially when I send you a FREAKING LINK to a screen shot proving you wrong.

Can you tell I'm a little irritated by this?!!? LOL! Well... at least I got in on the B1G1 with gamestop.com twice today :)[/QUOTE]

where's the screenshot?

[quote name='surak']This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Here's the screen shot :)

Granted they do stick you with that bs clause at the end... I've never had them actually use it against me before. Just sucks when I was planning on parlaying that credit into modnation racers :( O'well.... Like I said before. I still made out like a banshee today with the b1g1 gamestop shinanigans (watch them cancel my order...lol).

Looks like no CAG has received the Alan Wake preorder avatar/theme code yet. Anyone kept a screenshot of the terms for the preorder bonus?

Cs responded to my email about the gift card.....

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.  

I checked your order and I can confirm that you are still eligible to receive the $20 gift card for ordering "Red Dead Redemption." We'll send your claim code to redeem the $20 gift card via e-mail within 10 business days after the game releases. You'll receive the claim code to redeem the $20 gift card by June 1. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know."

I think that only gives Amazon the right to change the promo for new buyers. They definitely have to stick to whatever they advertised when you preordered. As others pointed out with my screenshot, the 2-day game credit came after the gift card promo, which was supposed to take up to 10 days. So if you ordered it before they changed it to the game credit, you're stuck waiting the 10 days?

They haven't shipped my RDR so I don't know how long it'll take to get my credit. My Trauma Team preorder shipped FSSS on release day (Tuesday) and I got the $10 credit the next morning (Wednesday / yesterday).

[quote name='surak']I think that only gives Amazon the right to change the promo for new buyers. They definitely have to stick to whatever they advertised when you preordered. As others pointed out with my screenshot, the 2-day game credit came after the gift card promo, which was supposed to take up to 10 days. So if you ordered it before they changed it to the game credit, you're stuck waiting the 10 days?

They haven't shipped my RDR so I don't know how long it'll take to get my credit. My Trauma Team preorder shipped FSSS on release day (Tuesday) and I got the $10 credit the next morning (Wednesday / yesterday).[/QUOTE]
So if you order a game with $10 pre-order credit and it changes to $20 pre-order credit before the game ships (while the game price remains the same), and they only give you $10 credit it'd be ok?

I mean they'd be sticking to what they were advertising when you pre-ordered. ;)

[quote name='Cmosfm']Is everyone having problems with Red Dead's 20.00 gc? I haven't gotten mine either![/QUOTE]
Nope, I think you are the only person not to get it yet. :roll:

[quote name='pjb16']Nope, I think you are the only person not to get it yet. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for being a douchebag, hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Hey, thanks for being a douchebag, hope it makes you feel better about yourself.[/QUOTE]
Not really, but I got to chuckle at the smiley for a moment.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Is everyone having problems with Red Dead's 20.00 gc? I haven't gotten mine either![/QUOTE]

Nope... I am too. I've sent customer service about 4 emails and they send me back the same canned bs everytime. Pretty rediculous.

I love amazon.... that's why it's so hard to swallow this issue. :(

[quote name='eau']Looks like no CAG has received the Alan Wake preorder avatar/theme code yet. Anyone kept a screenshot of the terms for the preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]If you look at the product description for the limited edition it says:

Pre-Order information
Preorder Alan Wake today to obtain your Exclusive Bonus Content, which includes:
  • Alan Wake Xbox LIVE Bright Falls Theme
  • Insider Video
[quote name='confoosious']oh. I bought it when it was a gift card so that 2 days doesn't apply to me anyway.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, for us it only said that the golden gun code would be sent within 10 business days, but no mention of how long the GC will take.

[quote name='Jodou']If you look at the product description for the limited edition it says:

Pre-Order information
Preorder Alan Wake today to obtain your Exclusive Bonus Content, which includes:
  • Alan Wake Xbox LIVE Bright Falls Theme
  • Insider Video
[/QUOTE]I was hoping to find an explicit timeframe by which they would email the code. 2 days? 10 days?

The content itself is not even included inside the LE.

Well the RDR promotion was changed what 3 times... 4 times...

that's where all the problem is coming from...

it was originally a gift card... and every other time these have had a gift card they were up to 10 days...

in other words you will get your card/credit but it's unlikely you'll find a CSR that will give you one till after the 10 business days have come and gone.

guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC, period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?

[quote name='6er']guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?[/QUOTE]

If someone really told you that, it is total BS. For one, no credit/gift card offer has ever stated that in the promotion details. Secondly, I've probably gotten 10-15 various $10/$20 credits in the past 8 months or so and often had them at the same time with no issue.

It is so patently untrue that I'm wondering why I ever responded.

[quote name='eau']I was hoping to find an explicit timeframe by which they would email the code. 2 days? 10 days?

The content itself is not even included inside the LE.[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened my copy yet, but I swore I read somewhere that the bright falls theme is on the bonus disk that comes in the LE.

I guess they were full of it since you say it's not in the package.

[quote name='6er']guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC, period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?[/QUOTE]

Nowhere on either game does it show that you would only get ONE $20 GC if you order both games. You'll get two $20 credits.
However If you order multiple copies of the same game on one account, you will only get one $20 credit.
Unless anything has changed (which it has not so far) that's the way it works.

[quote name='pjb16']So if you order a game with $10 pre-order credit and it changes to $20 pre-order credit before the game ships (while the game price remains the same), and they only give you $10 credit it'd be ok?

I mean they'd be sticking to what they were advertising when you pre-ordered. ;)[/QUOTE]

They can't give you a worse deal without telling you. The gift card vs. game credit thing is arguable, but it's buyer beware if they improve a preorder bonus. I don't think Amazon guarantees anywhere that you'll get the best special offer, only that you'll get the lowest price between preorder date and shipment. Obviously they don't want to piss off too many customers so we rarely see them screw over preorderers by not giving them the highest amount, but you can't expect to have a choice over which bonus you get other than the one that was valid at time of preorder after shipment, unless you contacted them beforehand.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nowhere on either game does it show that you would only get ONE $20 GC if you order both games. You'll get two $20 credits.
However If you order multiple copies of the same game on one account, you will only get one $20 credit.
Unless anything has changed (which it has not so far) that's the way it works.[/QUOTE]

the CS rep agreed with me, but her supervisor did not. I might reorder in the next day or so, and see if I get a e-mail saying I get it..but like I said the fine print says "one promotion per household per customer" thats their basis, even though it seems to ME, You, AND the CS rep that each game will get one. If they don't, I'll send it back for a refund.

Regarding the gift card that was offered with RDR pre-order, the easiest way would probably be opening a live chat with them and ask directly.

I'd ask, but it was said that they would give it within 10 days after the order shipped, and only two days have passed on my side, so I'll probably wait a couple more days.

[quote name='CheapyD']updated OP[/QUOTE]

I just checked and right now Amazon is no longer offering the $20 gift card (nor video game credit). The OP still says that they are offering it.

I know a few people have commented on the RDR credit, but this is the first time I have tried the Amazon pre-order route so I was just wondering what the typical wait time was until the gift card/credit is received. I thought I read 2 days when pre-ordering, but that appears to not be the case.

bread's done
Back