Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='halltj2']I know a few people have commented on the RDR credit, but this is the first time I have tried the Amazon pre-order route so I was just wondering what the typical wait time was until the gift card/credit is received. I thought I read 2 days when pre-ordering, but that appears to not be the case.[/QUOTE]

When it was a gift card, they said within 10 days after it shipped. Later on it changed to video game credit, and that one was within 2.

Guys, I want my rdr $20 gift card too, but im not even going to worry about it unless i don't see it in 10 days. After 10 days, then start asking questions.

[quote name='halltj2']I know a few people have commented on the RDR credit, but this is the first time I have tried the Amazon pre-order route so I was just wondering what the typical wait time was until the gift card/credit is received. I thought I read 2 days when pre-ordering, but that appears to not be the case.[/QUOTE]
It's been anywhere from 2 - 7 business days for me in the past. Usually 2-4. I don't start wondering what's up until like a after release day.

For example I got Split/Second credit this morning, but not Prince of Persia (which shipped in the same order) nor Red Dead Redemption which shipped the same day.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Guys, I want my rdr $20 gift card too, but im not even going to worry about it unless i don't see it in 10 days. After 10 days, then start asking questions.[/QUOTE]

waaaaaay too reasonable and logical.

you should be banned.

I had sent an email yesterday to customer service asking what the time frame was for getting the credit. I was told 2 business days after the product has shipped at no later than 6pm local time. I haven't received anything yet so I called and another agent just told me it would take 10 business days.

My ordered was placed on the 18th so it wasn't a preorder.

Yeah, I've been told 10 days for the gift card, but if you ordered on release day and got the video game credit, that only takes 2 days.

Might try asking them to just give me the video game credit since I was planning on using the gift card on UFC 2010 anyways.

So I preorder both RDR and Halo reach at the same time. Will I still recieve $40 of credit or $20? Should I just cancel Reach and preorder again so I can get $20 game credit for it?

[quote name='A.Z.']So I preorder both RDR and Halo reach at the same time. Will I still recieve $40 of credit or $20? Should I just cancel Reach and preorder again so I can get $20 game credit for it?[/QUOTE]

You'll get $40.

The line that is making people worry ("Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code".) doesn't apply to any of the pre-order games as far as I saw. If you look at some of the sale games like Glory of Heracles it specifically states that you'll only get one promo credit. Even then I'm guessing they're just talking about multiple copies of that specific game, but I dunno.

Alan Wake $10 cred is dead. Glad I got my order in earlier today. I was really pushed over the edge by Cheapy and Shipwreck on the latest CAGcast on the matter. Looks like I listened to that podcast right on time. =)

Edit: Walmart.com orders are getting two copies?

...Will Amazon match? =P

For those still waiting for the Alan wake pre order bonus avatar shirts and theme, amazon just me my codes this morning. Guess they are finally being sent out to everyone.

You get....

These codes will unlock the Male Avatar Shirt, Female Avatar Shirt and Brightfalls Theme Pack.

[quote name='ahwang826']wow i waited too late. ufc and modnation racers $10 gc is gone...[/QUOTE]

No they aren't. Scroll down to "Special Offers and Product Promotions". both still have it.

[quote name='matrixadw']For those still waiting for the Alan wake pre order bonus avatar shirts and theme, amazon just me my codes this morning. Guess they are finally being sent out to everyone. [/QUOTE]
Yep got mine also.

[quote name='ajh2298']Still no $20.00 from Amazon for my RDR purchase anybody else still not receive it yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope no credit here, just the golden weapons. But even that code looks a bit off.

My Red Dead Redemption PS3 Golden Guns email didn't have a 16-digit code. It just had two 4-letter words where the code should be, like "abcd abcd." The code didn't look right, so I emailed Amazon asking if the code was valid. I offered to forward the bonus code email if needed. Amazon responded by sending me a 16-digit code. I'm still waiting for the game to arrive, but I'm sure the code will work.

As for the $20 gift code, I still have not received it. I think it will be sent eventually, so I'm not worried.

[quote name='Peanut932']My Red Dead Redemption PS3 Golden Guns email didn't have a 16-digit code. It just had two 4-letter words where the code should be, like "abcd abcd." The code didn't look right, so I emailed Amazon asking if the code was valid. I offered to forward the bonus code email if needed. Amazon responded by sending me a 16-digit code. I'm still waiting for the game to arrive, but I'm sure the code will work.

As for the $20 gift code, I still have not received it. I think it will be sent eventually, so I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks Peanut, I thought the same thing when I received my code this morning. I'll shoot them an email later then.

My golden guns email says:

"This code will unlock the Golden Guns Weapon Pack.

Here is your bonus code: test code"

So yeah, that's not a real code. However, my copy had a voucher inside it for the golden guns, so maybe that's why.

[quote name='mkernan']My golden guns email says:

So yeah, that's not a real code. However, my copy had a printer voucher inside it for the golden guns, so maybe that's why.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the code in my email was also "test code." I didn't type out the code at first, just in case it was actually a valid code. I wasn't sure what this "test code" was. :???:

Hello, first post. I think......:lol:

Hey I pre-ordered RDR for the $20 promo and did not get the code yet like some others. So I just called them and they said it will available on the 22nd due to some delay. The problem I have is that I want to us it on Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get the pre-order promo for SMG2. So if we don't get the RDR promo, can you stack the 2 promo's for the next game purchase?

Thanks,

Jan

Just got my Alan Wake preorder bonus stuff this morning. Email was timed at 5:20am. Had 3 codes for a male shirt, female shirt, and theme.

[quote name='bugsbite']Hello, first post. I think......:lol:

Hey I pre-ordered RDR for the $20 promo and did not get the code yet like some others. So I just called them and they said it will available on the 22nd due to some delay. The problem I have is that I want to us it on Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get the pre-order promo for SMG2. So if we don't get the RDR promo, can you stack the 2 promo's for the next game purchase?

Thanks,

Jan[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will both stack on your next purchase.

[quote name='mkernan']My golden guns email says:

So yeah, that's not a real code. However, my copy had a printer voucher inside it for the golden guns, so maybe that's why.[/QUOTE]

Got the same thing...called up amazon, they said code is going out tomorrow. I asked if that was the $20 or the guns code...lady said the 'promo code', and that the credit would be 10 days from the ship date. Who knows what'll arrive though.

I have a question regarding the Amazon gaming credit and pre-orders.

I preordered Alan Wake and got the 10 credit. I also preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 but before I received the $10.00 credit.

Will I have to cancel my preorder and then reorder to get the credit to apply or will Amazon automatically apply the credit to my pre-order?

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Alan Wake $10 cred is dead. Glad I got my order in earlier today. I was really pushed over the edge by Cheapy and Shipwreck on the latest CAGcast on the matter. Looks like I listened to that podcast right on time. =)

Edit: Walmart.com orders are getting two copies?

...Will Amazon match? =P[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake credit is still active ... you just need to click on special offers to see it
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0010AYJXI/#productPromotions

[quote name='clatu6']I have a question regarding the Amazon gaming credit and pre-orders.

I preordered Alan Wake and got the 10 credit. I also preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 but before I received the $10.00 credit.

Will I have to cancel my preorder and then reorder to get the credit to apply or will Amazon automatically apply the credit to my pre-order?[/QUOTE]
Cancel and reorder.

[quote name='Doomtime']Heads up Red Dead Redemption has just dropped to $49.99. Sadly, the credit is no longer offered.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it when it had the credit, but Amazon still hasn't shipped it. If I contact customer service, will they price adjust and still keep the credit? Or will they remove the credit?

[quote name='surak']I ordered it when it had the credit, but Amazon still hasn't shipped it. If I contact customer service, will they price adjust and still keep the credit? Or will they remove the credit?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I'd think they would adjust it and you would still keep the credit since it hasn't shipped yet. Fire them off an email, definitely won't hurt to try. I don't like going the phone route, get turned down almost every time.

[quote name='Doomtime']Hmmm, I'd think they would adjust it and you would still keep the credit since it hasn't shipped yet. Fire them off an email, definitely won't hurt to try. I don't like going the phone route, get turned down almost every time.[/QUOTE]

OK, sent the email. Just a weird case since I ordered after release but before they got rid of the promo, so it wouldn't fall under the preorder guarantee. Thanks.

[quote name='surak']I ordered it when it had the credit, but Amazon still hasn't shipped it. If I contact customer service, will they price adjust and still keep the credit? Or will they remove the credit?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the rep but it is definitely worth a try. I've had luck getting them to adjust in the past even after an order has shipped. They usually say that, although it isn't their policy to offer a post-order price guarantee, they will make a one time exception.

I think it is very unlikely they would remove the credit, I'm not even sure there is an easy way for them to do that. They would also inform you that would be a consequence before making ant changes.

[quote name='Moravagine']Depends on the rep but it is definitely worth a try. I've had luck getting them to adjust in the past even after an order has shipped. They usually say that, although it isn't their policy to offer a post-order price guarantee, they will make a one time exception.

I think it is very unlikely they would remove the credit, I'm not even sure there is an easy way for them to do that. They would also inform you that would be a consequence before making ant changes.[/QUOTE]I've had them do it for orders in the past, though only in the following situation:

* The order was placed before the item is released, so it falls into the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.
* The item hasn't shipped out yet for one reason or another, or may be in the shipping process and just not shipped out. Either way, I don't have the item in my possession.
* The item's price has dropped from the time of the order and before it's been shipped out or has entered the shipping process.

Every time they've done it for me, they claimed they didn't have a post-order price guarantee, though they've done it as a "one-time exception". Having the order as a pre-order helps immensely in these situations.

so I am guessing that those that pre-ordered RDR will be getting a $20 GC code not vg promo credit? also those that got the bonus dlc code seem to say that it is a "fake" code? is this just those who may have ordered the PS3 version, because I got a code for the 360 version (25 characters) and was planning on selling it

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so I am guessing that those that pre-ordered RDR will be getting a $20 GC code not vg promo credit? also those that got the bonus dlc code seem to say that it is a "fake" code? is this just those who may have ordered the PS3 version, because I got a code for the 360 version (25 characters) and was planning on selling it[/QUOTE]

I think what they're saying is that instead of a code with a string of however many characters, the code they were emailed by Amazon was the text string "test code", which sure doesn't look like it would do anything!

I just emailed them about the RDR price drop when my preorder only shipped yesterday. They said no at the end.

EDIT: After emailing them again to explain the price drop being right after the unusual late shipping of my preorder, they made an one-time exception and gave me a price adjustment. A big YMMV here.

[quote name='shrike4242']The $20 bonus promo says it'll take 10 days to show up, and they confirmed that when I emailed them about it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see people are talking about this and I'm not the only one wondering where my GC is. I did just get the gold guns code, though.

[quote name='BIG5']Glad to see people are talking about this and I'm not the only one wondering where my GC is. I did just get the gold guns code, though.[/QUOTE]
That's ALL people are talking about. This thread would be only 5 pages long if everyone didn't keep repeating the person 2 posts above theirs.

Lol at Red Dead's $10 price drop; it should be an amazon murphy's law: the price will always lower the day after your game ships. Almost never fails for me.

i ordered 3 games all that came with credits, super street fighter 4, glory of heracles, and new super mario. But i only recieved 1 10 dollar credit. when i talked to the amazon rep he said that it was limited to 1 per cust. has anybody else had this happen

edit: nevermind he changed his mind and said i should recieve all 3

I want to say that I saw somewhere that they would only apply one $10 credit PER TRANSACTION. This might explain why some people only get one credit but others are able to get credit on top of credit (over multiple orders).

Pasted from amazon:
'Order a qualifying game from Amazon.com and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code.'

I think these $10 credits are handled differently from the pre-order credits. The former is limited to 1 per customer/order, is set up after the titles have already been released, usually in a response to competition. The latter is limited to 1 per title and often applies automatically to existing orders.

You can have a single order with different pre-orders, and you will receive the corresponding pre-order credits (1 per title) as the pre-orders are released.

[quote name='bredbu']i ordered 3 games all that came with credits, super street fighter 4, glory of heracles, and new super mario. But i only recieved 1 10 dollar credit. when i talked to the amazon rep he said that it was limited to 1 per cust. has anybody else had this happen

edit: nevermind he changed his mind and said i should recieve all 3[/QUOTE]

Yeah if anyone else has this problem just complain until you get all your credits, or just make sure Glory Of Heracles is in an order by itself. Glory of Heracles is the only game with the line in it's promo: "Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code."

So first of all that's the only game that has that restriction and secondly I think they meant it for multiple titles of that specific game. It's always been that way (usually) but people were probably trying to order a bunch of copies of GoH expecting to basically pay $3 per copy, then resell them.

So Amazon had to point it out specifically for that game that you would only receive ONE credit, no matter how many copies of it you ordered.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Glory of Heracles is the only game with the line in it's promo: "Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code."[/QUOTE]

It's also in the promo description for SSFIV.

[quote name='Laethiel']It's also in the promo description for SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see it's on the lower part in the description for the sale titles. Well there goes that theory. I guess they just want to give people one credit for the sale games like someone else said. That's dumb. I'd still complain until I got credits for each game.

So I, like many others, ordered RDR and never received an email or even notice at time of purchase of the $20 GC, from what I've read, I should have it within 10 days.

Anyone know that if I pre-order Super Mario Galaxy 2, will they not send me the $20 GC for that and say its 1 per account or some shit?

[quote name='Armads']So I, like many others, ordered RDR and never received an email or even notice at time of purchase of the $20 GC, from what I've read, I should have it within 10 days.

Anyone know that if I pre-order Super Mario Galaxy 2, will they not send me the $20 GC for that and say its 1 per account or some shit?[/QUOTE]

You'll get both $20 credits.

bread's done
Back