Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']dude, that's why it's FREE. You really can't complain. It's not like they don't warn you 29 times as you're ordering that it could take an ass load of time to get to you.

You want 2 days like clockwork? get Prime.

You want 5 days like clockwork? choese regular shipping.

FSSS is the last call whore of shipping. You can't wake up with a beast and somehow think you got cheated.[/QUOTE]

I can complain, when they tell you they ship a product, but it's a lie, because what they shipped was the product by FedEx to USPS. That took 5 days.

Like I said, FSSS used to get stuff to me pretty quickly, but my last few orders have been a joke. I can mail a letter with a stamp across the US in 2-3 days, Amazon can ship a game for cheap in less than a week and a half.

Anyone know when the pre-order offer was going on for Splinter Cell? I pre-ordered on 3/24 and I haven't received my credit, so I emailed them and they said there wasn't one going on for that time?

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']Anyone know when the pre-order offer was going on for Splinter Cell? I pre-ordered on 3/24 and I haven't received my credit, so I emailed them and they said there wasn't one going on for that time?[/QUOTE]
I don't think there was one. I got it for $47 ($52 - $5 off code) and didn't save a a screen cap, which I usually do if there is a video game credit. There was a co-op mode code, though, I think.

A favor to ask of those who has bought RDR from Amazon but got no golden gun code INSIDE the game case, could you post its UPC? I read some CAG got their copy but no code inside.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the PS3 version. Thanks!

[quote name='eau']a favor to ask of those who has bought rdr from amazon but got no golden gun code inside the game case, could you post its upc? I read some cag got their copy but no code inside.[/quote]

7 10425 39574 1

[quote name='nervousxtian']I can complain, when they tell you they ship a product, but it's a lie, because what they shipped was the product by FedEx to USPS. That took 5 days.

Like I said, FSSS used to get stuff to me pretty quickly, but my last few orders have been a joke. I can mail a letter with a stamp across the US in 2-3 days, Amazon can ship a game for cheap in less than a week and a half.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you will complain.

But the fact is that your definition of "shipping" is different from theirs. Did you know there's a logistical chain for items that comes before it's given to a third party like USPS and Fedex and UPS?

The point it, you're getting FSSS which they tell you takes forever. You order it. It takes forever, and you complain.

Sounds like you're just one of those complainers.

hm i think someone may have mentioned a similar situation before but i don't remember; i still haven't received an email about my $20 credit for SMG2, but i was just testing it and put a game in my cart and went to checkout. its showing a -$10 promotion credit (from NSMB order i made recently), but then also a -$0 game credit. what is the $0 game credit?

[quote name='y2jasper']hm i think someone may have mentioned a similar situation before but i don't remember; i still haven't received an email about my $20 credit for SMG2, but i was just testing it and put a game in my cart and went to checkout. its showing a -$10 promotion credit (from NSMB order i made recently), but then also a -$0 game credit. what is the $0 game credit?[/QUOTE]

the $-0 game credit is whatever promotion comes with the game you are buying. it's a placeholder for the credit/DLC/comic book/mp3 credit/etc bonus at the time of ordering.

[quote name='confoosious']the $-0 game credit is whatever promotion comes with the game you are buying. it's a placeholder for the credit/DLC/comic book/mp3 credit/etc bonus at the time of ordering.[/QUOTE]

oooh so its not the missing SMG2 credit then. ah well i'll email them in a day or 2.

[quote name='kennedykougar']they removed the offer for DLC codes from modnations >.> i hope they dont end up sending a game and no R&C cart codes :p[/QUOTE]

They also removed the $10 gaming credit. The day before the release.... well played Amazon.

It can't be a coincidence that all of a sudden there is this sudden out pour of complaints again Amazon. Maybe Amazon has gotten so big that they don't really give a damn about us. I for one am still waiting for my Red Dead credit, Galaxy 2 credit, screwed over $10 from ordering Wii Mario and Super SFIV together...

[quote name='chopper731']They also removed the $10 gaming credit. The day before the release.... well played Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and the $10 credit and DLC code are listed once again.

[quote name='malalrd']It can't be a coincidence that all of a sudden there is this sudden out pour of complaints again Amazon. Maybe Amazon has gotten so big that they don't really give a damn about us. I for one am still waiting for my Red Dead credit, Galaxy 2 credit, screwed over $10 from ordering Wii Mario and Super SFIV together...[/QUOTE]

the outpouring of complaints is mostly by a bunch of crybaby whiners who can't count to 10 and who can't read.

Red Dead credit says 10 days - people start crying about it on day 1 because "in the past" amazon sent it more quickly.

SMG2 just released YESTERDAY and most people are getting their credit today.

Sometimes Amazon drops the price of a game after it's released. Oooooh what shenanigans. This shit happens people. It's called a SALE. It's not like for most of the games Amazon doesn't already give a sweet preorder bonus.

And, I have yet to see where Amazon has not honored exactly what they promised to deliver. It's just that people see RDR with a $20 GC/VCG for $60 then see it down to $50 without any credit and want BOTH the $50 price and the $20 credit. This isn't Amazon's problem. This is a crybaby consumer problem.

[quote name='confoosious']the outpouring of complaints is mostly by a bunch of crybaby whiners who can't count to 10 and who can't read.

Red Dead credit says 10 days - people start crying about it on day 1 because "in the past" amazon sent it more quickly.

Sometimes Amazon drops the price of a game after it's released. Oooooh what shenanigans. This shit happens people. It's called a SALE. It's not like for most of the games Amazon doesn't already give a sweet preorder bonus.

And, I have yet to see where Amazon has not honored exactly what they promised to deliver. It's just that people see RDR with a $20 GC/VCG for $60 then see it down to $50 without any credit and want BOTH the $50 price and the $20 credit. This isn't Amazon's problem. This is a crybaby consumer problem.[/QUOTE]

agree 100% the majority of people griping in this thread are idiots and dont have anything to be griping over.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Just checked and the $10 credit and DLC code are listed once again.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not seeing it. Are we seeing something different? I'm just clicking on the link to the game from my "Your Orders" page. hmmm

[quote name='confoosious']the outpouring of complaints is mostly by a bunch of crybaby whiners who can't count to 10 and who can't read.

And, I have yet to see where Amazon has not honored exactly what they promised to deliver. It's just that people see RDR with a $20 GC/VCG for $60 then see it down to $50 without any credit and want BOTH the $50 price and the $20 credit. This isn't Amazon's problem. This is a crybaby consumer problem.[/QUOTE]

Although I agree with you and Amazon remains my top retailer for video games, I have to agree with some of the complaints in the sense that Amazon has been offering these vouchers toward future purchases for almost a year now on various titles and I still have to regularly remind them that I didn't get my voucher on most purchases even a week or two after the game ships. It's not a huge burden, but I suspect there may be a lot of people out there who forget and never call them on it. It just seems like they could get better organized or figure out a more automated way of handling the credits.

Has anyone had any luck getting Amazin to apply promotional credits to already placed orders? I e-mailed them about hopefully applying $30 worth of credit towards my order of Deathsmiles and they said they couldn't do it. Only reason I even bothered is because I had placed the order back when I had prime so my order has 2 day shipping applied to it,and if I cancel/reorder I would just opt for FSSS.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Has anyone had any luck getting Amazin to apply promotional credits to already placed orders? I e-mailed them about hopefully applying $30 worth of credit towards my order of Deathsmiles and they said they couldn't do it. Only reason I even bothered is because I had placed the order back when I had prime so my order has 2 day shipping applied to it,and if I cancel/reorder I would just opt for FSSS.[/QUOTE]

nah, they won't do it.

I'm in the same boat as you and I just had to reorder singularity and now have been dropped down to FSSS because my prime just ran out. I think it'll be like another week before i break down and resign up for prime agian.

[quote name='chopper731']I'm still not seeing it. Are we seeing something different? I'm just clicking on the link to the game from my "Your Orders" page. hmmm[/QUOTE]

Hmmm , that's weird , cause earlier this morning it was listed there again. I was kinda surprised at seeing it since it hadn't been there for a few days.

[quote name='yokofox33']Just got back from work and still no SMG2 credit for me. I'm sure it will come soon since it shipped earlier today, but it stinks some people have gotten it and I haven't yet. I've had the game pre-ordered for like 8 months already. I also have no idea if it is supposed to come within 2 business days or 10 business days.

Basically I'm overreacting for no reason, haha.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on 6/6/2009 long before the credit was offered. I doubt if I'll ever get the credit, but I'll shoot customer service an email in a couple of days to see if they'll offer a credit even though I ordered it almost a full year ago.

[quote name='thurston']no credits for me on both SMG2 and RDR.. I'll wait more till thursday and shoot them an email[/QUOTE]
Same for me, plus no PoP credit yet either. I sent them an e-mail asking about Prince of Persia, but will wait another week for the others.

[quote name='kennedykougar']they removed the offer for DLC codes from modnations >.> i hope they dont end up sending a game and no R&C cart codes :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chopper731']They also removed the $10 gaming credit. The day before the release.... well played Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I was starting to believe the conspiracy theories, but now I think Amazon just doesn't know what the fuck is going on either. The gaming credit still shows up for me under the special offers section. And the weird thing is they're still promoting play Ratchet & Clank on the main video game page! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5065&pictureid=14978

AH, I just checked in here to see what was up with the SMG2 code... It seems some have gotten it and some haven't. Mine shipped on the 22nd according to an email, yet no credit 2 days later... I'll keep an eye here and see if they start coming in before I complain to them though ;).

On another issue, I sure hope I do get the ModNation codes. I was really hesitant about ordering that game at "full" price because I'm not sure I'll have time for it any time soon - so at least I better get the codes. I ordered that and SMG2 way back when the ECA stuff was still working.

I did write in about the free release day shipping on ModNation Racers a few days back and got this response:

Thank you for writing about the Release-Date Delivery option for "ModNation Racers." We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option after we've confirmed available inventory with our suppliers and are certain we can meet our delivery promise to you.

Unfortunately, it appears that you placed your order before the Release-Date Delivery option was available. In order to get that delivery option now that it is available, you will need to cancel your existing pre-order and place a new order for this item. If you enter an eligible shipping address during checkout when placing your new order, the Release-Date Delivery shipping option will appear among your shipping choices.

Mine still said 2-day shipping on the order so I wanted to see if they could change it for me (I couldn't because another game had already shipped from the same order I guess). Reordering it would have been absolutely idiotic since I had a cheaper price ($56.99), an ECA code applied, and part of a $30 coupon from the trade-in deal last fall applied to it - all of which I would have lost if I reordered. So, yeah, a tad bit disappointing but no big deal since I should have SMG2 to play on Weds anyway. But then, today, I get a shipping notice for ModNation Racers :lol:. So I guess they did send it for release-day delivery, go figure...

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Has anyone had any luck getting Amazin to apply promotional credits to already placed orders? I e-mailed them about hopefully applying $30 worth of credit towards my order of Deathsmiles and they said they couldn't do it. Only reason I even bothered is because I had placed the order back when I had prime so my order has 2 day shipping applied to it,and if I cancel/reorder I would just opt for FSSS.[/QUOTE]

I asked them to apply my $10 ssf4 credit towards 3d dot heroes, after my prime had expired, and they did it without hassle.

[quote name='panzerjedi']Transformers: War for Cybertron is offered with a $10 gc now.

Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and both DS versions.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't do that to make me have to choose. I still have a preorder from gamestop.com that has it discounted to like $47 with free shipping. I do have enough credit left at Amazon to just pay for this but I was going to use that credit at Amazon to pick up Deathsmiles. Plus Gamestop has the Shockwave bonus character where as Amazon just has Demolisher.

Decisons, Decisons.

[quote name='ebay33']I ordered mine on 6/6/2009 long before the credit was offered. I doubt if I'll ever get the credit, but I'll shoot customer service an email in a couple of days to see if they'll offer a credit even though I ordered it almost a full year ago.[/QUOTE]

there is no reason for you not to get it since the promotion was applied to all existing preorders. you may not get it automatically, but you are still entitled to it because of that.

Ehh, whatever, I'll just order something else. My credit says it has to be used by July 2010, so if I pre-order something in October, will the credit still be applied?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Ehh, whatever, I'll just order something else. My credit says it has to be used by July 2010, so if I pre-order something in October, will the credit still be applied?[/QUOTE]

as long as you make the order before july, yes. although if you then cancel the order after the coupon expires, the credit disappears

This is some BS promotion man...

This was my e-mail earlier today:
Hi. I ordered Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands, and at the time it had a $10 video game promotional credit for anyone who pre-ordered. Normally the promotional credit is sent (or at least I get an email about its deposit) after a couple days, but I have yet to get any sort of credit for this title. I was merely curious as to whether my credit would still be coming in the future or if I should have already received it (to which I haven't obviously)?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide, or anything you may be able to do.

They then sent me this:

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A $10.00 promotional certificate has already been added for the item, "Split / Second" to your account. I understand that you are expecting to receive another $10.00 promotional certificate for the video game, "Prince of Persia".

However, please note that the terms of the offer state one code per customer. As we already offered $10.00 promotional certificate, you will not receive an another certificate for this item.

I hope this information is helpful and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Needless to say I'm not happy with the above response.

Hi, I wrote in regards to a promotional video game credit for Prince of Persia that I had not received and was given the following reply:

I find this policy to be quite dubious. I understand the terms said one code per customer, but I am not looking for another code for Split/Second. I am seeking the promotional code for Prince of Persia, which I should be entitled to. In the terms it doesn't say if you order one game and then try and order another game you won't qualify for the credit. It has never been like that in fact, as I have ordered numerous games over the past year and had no problem receiving the credit each time. It's always been you don't receive credit for multiple purchases of the same item. This is half the reason I come to Amazon, because you tend to make it better to order from than anywhere else. If you are trying to change the terms around so that you only get one credit "period," as opposed to one for each qualifying game ordered, you should spell that out explicitly. I feel extremely led on at the moment, as I also placed orders for Red Dead Redemption and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and now I come to find out I might not actually get those promotional credits either even though those were $20 credits as opposed to $10 credits.

The credits factored in heavily into my decision to order these games. Obviously that is the case with many people I would imagine. I am not trying to get mad at a CS rep as I am sure you have plenty of things to deal with and it is not you who makes any iron clad decisions on these sort of things (not to mention you guys/gals are more than helpful on many occasions), but this I have to say is about the shadiest thing I have ever seen Amazon do. If I am truly unable to get the promotional credit(s) on any further games that I ordered, it will come with great sadness and in the future I will definitely take pause before deciding to pre-order any games in the future from Amazon. There are plenty of retailers offering $10/$20 e-gift cards for such business as this, and while I love Amazon I truly feel deceived by this "policy," should no alternative come.

Again, thank you in advance for any reply you send as well as your time and effort, and I hope that this matter can ultimately be resolved as I would prefer to keep all my business here.

We'll see what happens. I'm pretty steamed about it at the moment. :bomb:

Hopefully just re-writing you will get the credit applied. I know there have been times where I get an answer like that and by writing again, the next rep corrects it.

That is complete bs. I ordered Traume Team and SMG2 and received both of my credits no problem. Were both of the games your ordered on the same order number or were they separate?

[quote name='pjb16']

We'll see what happens. I'm pretty steamed about it at the moment. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That can't possibly be correct (what the CS rep told you). They must have been confused and though it was for the same game. Clearly, if I don't get the SMG2 credit because I got $10 for FF XIII a few months back, there will be hell to pay! ;).

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']That is complete bs. I ordered Traume Team and SMG2 and received both of my credits no problem. Were both of the games your ordered on the same order number or were they separate?[/QUOTE]
The same. Most of my games are all on the same order.

pbj16, I think the particular CS rep was misinformed or just didn't want to be there at work. Like you said, all preorder $$ game credit offer is 1 per household/purchase for each qualifying game. That means you get 1 and only 1 credit for each title regardless of platform (used to be for each platform). Different preorder games have different offers and they are different although the dollar amount may be the same.

Recently amazon had matched GS offers and put up $$ credit offer for certain existing games. Those have slightly different terms to the effect of 1 credit per order, so if you ordered 2 different games with that offer, you ended up with only 1 credit.

The second email to amazon should correct their misunderstanding and most likely a different CS rep will answer your question with a more favorable result.

[quote name='eau']pbj16, I think the particular CS rep was misinformed or just didn't want to be there at work. Like you said, all preorder $$ game credit offer is 1 per household/purchase for each qualifying game. That means you get 1 and only 1 credit for each title regardless of platform (used to be for each platform). Different preorder games have different offers and they are different although the dollar amount may be the same.

Recently amazon had matched GS offers and put up $$ credit offer for certain existing games. Those have slightly different terms to the effect of 1 credit per order, so if you ordered 2 different games with that offer, you ended up with only 1 credit.

The second email to amazon should correct their misunderstanding and most likely a different CS rep will answer your question with a more favorable result.[/QUOTE]
Yea, they were all pre-orders. I have like 10 open pre-orders right now (many w/credit like Madden, Halo: Reach, NCAA, etc).

I tend to use the credits on existing games that I didn't pre-order.

You sound fat.

[quote name='pjb16']This is some BS promotion man...

This was my e-mail earlier today:

They then sent me this:

We'll see what happens. I'm pretty steamed about it at the moment. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I got the same for Trauma Team yesterday... sent another not so nice email yesterday.... that I'm still waiting to hear back from.

[quote name='Afflicted']I got the same for Trauma Team yesterday... sent another not so nice email yesterday.... that I'm still waiting to hear back from.[/QUOTE]

hm i hope this doesn't become a new tendency from amazon, it would severely diminish my love for them.

ok.. I decided that 24 hours is long enough for them to return my email and called them about the Trauma Team credit. Had a nice CSR that couldn't find where they sent an email to me about the credit when I placed the order or when the credit went active, so she's sending it on up to the marketing.

The bad thing is tho. I can count on one had the number of emails I received about credits when I ordered or when they were added to items.

figure I'll be calling about SMG2 and modnation tomorrow and Wed.

bread's done
Back