Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lucian']Uh oh. Don't let confooscious hear your complaining about FSSS. ;)

That said, I understand that Amazon now prioritizes orders where the customer pays for shipping or Prime. I was spoiled before because - for years - FSSS used to get to me in 2-3 days. (And I often got DVDs and games on or before release day before 'release date delivery' existed as an option.) Then, about a year ago, they changed their distribution and FSSS started taking forever.

I get that they are a business and want me to purchase their services. On the other hand, where I used to order almost everything from them, I now will order stuff from Newegg even if Newegg is a couple bucks more because the shipping is blazing fast like Amazon used to be.

I still think their customer service is second to none and these pre-order credits usually rock, but shipping (and the removal of their 'post-order price guarantee') make me do more deal shopping whereas before Amazon was pretty much the only place for me.[/QUOTE]
You hit the nail on the board with what the aim of my post was supposed to be. I too remember the beauty of receiving my items lightning quick from Amazon. I had prime for a while so I guess I just never realized they had a transition until this past month. Even GS has been great about their free shipping, I received their items the same week I ordered which is great. Unless it's a game with a promotional credit I don't think I will be ordering from them much longer.

I ordered an item a couple months back and the shipping page said it was preparing to ship and going to ship out an entire week later, and then reach me a week after that. I stayed hopeful that maybe they were over-estimating the shipping date, but after four days I gave up and called them to find out why it was taking so long since it was in stock.

The rep told me that it was because I ordered it FSSS, and if that's the case, they wait until they have a looot of orders being sent to the same area so as to save money by shipping in bulk. If I wanted to get it within the week, I needed to fork over ~$5.

That's why FSSS takes so long now. If your neighbors aren't ordering enough from Amazon via FSSS, they you need to wait until they do.

[quote name='jr1016']Got my $20 RDR, $20 SMG2, [highlight]$10 Modnation[/highlight] and the Modnation bonus all this morning.[/QUOTE]

Man, I was just regretting my long-ago ModNation Racers preorder because I thought it was a candidate for a price drop/$10 credit soon after release. I wasn't even aware there was a $10 credit now - when did they add it? Mine shipped yesterday and I got the Ratchet & Clank stuff last night but no $10 promo code. In the meantime I got a $10 code for another game (Glory of Heracles) I just ordered yesterday...

[quote name='blueweltall']Got my $20 Halo: Reach credit, good til January 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]
What? Is it September 16th already?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']You hit the nail on the board with what the aim of my post was supposed to be. I too remember the beauty of receiving my items lightning quick from Amazon. I had prime for a while so I guess I just never realized they had a transition until this past month. Even GS has been great about their free shipping, I received their items the same week I ordered which is great. Unless it's a game with a promotional credit I don't think I will be ordering from them much longer.[/QUOTE]
So let me get this strait you are complaining about free shipping is that correct? If you want it fast just get prime for a year.

[quote name='tominater12']So let me get this strait you are complaining about free shipping is that correct? If you want it fast just get prime for a year.[/QUOTE]
We all know this. What some folks apparently don't realize is that FSSS used to actually be fast. It's just an observation.

[quote name='Lucian']We all know this. What some folks apparently don't realize is that FSSS used to actually be fast. It's just an observation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and apparently it just changed too, which is the news here. I have an order on a secondary account (without Prime) and I got, like a June 1st delivery date when I ordered it a week ago. That was somewhat of a shock - last time I ordered something on that account it only took a couple of days longer than on my Prime account. Though, I remember a year+ or so back, it was also very slow for FSSS - it just got fast for a while which spoiled everyone ;).

UFC Undisputed 2010 dropped from $59.99 to $49.96 today. I guess I'll have to contact amazon CS again since pre-order price guarantee never works on my old order anymore.

[quote name='NicaVic']Has anyone else still not received RDR credit?[/QUOTE]
I have yet to receive my credit, but I ordered last Wednesday (5/19) during the brief period of time when RDR was $53.99 and the $20 credit was being offered.

[quote name='pjb16']Got a reply from Amazon again this morning, and it seems no go still on the PoP credit. I did still get the SMG2 credit and RDR gift card though, so I don't feel nearly as bad about the whole ordeal.
[/QUOTE]

Call them about it. I had to break down and do it about a credit I hadn't received and had the same email that you had posted about being a 1 time thing. Didn't argue about it but the rep looked for about 5 minutes then sent it up to the marketing dept... Got my credit in about 3-4 hours and a nice email this morning apologizing for the problem.

Just make sure it gets sent up to the marketing dept.

Does the RDR gift card credit ever expire like video game credit or is it treated like a real amazon giftcard that you buy at Walgreens

[quote name='Kelvin']Does the RDR gift card credit ever expire like video game credit or is it treated like a real amazon giftcard that you buy at Walgreens[/QUOTE]

I don't think they expire, but even if they did it would take years... and I assume you plan to play a videogame between then and now.:D

red- yeah I'm saving up for the natal, I already preordered Halo reach back in April and supposedly someone already got credit, thanks for the heads up

[quote name='kfriel']I have yet to receive my credit, but I ordered last Wednesday (5/19) during the brief period of time when RDR was $53.99 and the $20 credit was being offered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I just found out why I didn't recieve the credit yet. I placed the order on the 18th at 2:00 am so I didnt qualify for the credit. I was told this just today after emailing and calling customer service various times asking when I would receive the credit and being told different timeframes each time I called.

I called one last time as was told that since the other customer agents were confused and I was promised several times that I would receive the credit.

Amazon FTW again

Got the $20 GC this morning and I got the game yesterday! :) It's great. I'm going to go play right now too :D Plus I won my first Standoff which was also the 1st I participated in :p Online is great. I love my Gentleman's Attire as well ;)

Anybody know how long in general the codes last?

I ordered RDR and SMG2 last week, and SMG2 shipped 3 days ago so its credit should appear on my account, but I only have 1 $20 credit on my account. Did RDR's disappear within a week? That's really scummy if it did...

Check your email...the RDR is not a VG credit, it's a full on Amazon GC. You need to input the code on your account or your order when you checkout.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Check your email...the RDR is not a VG credit, it's a full on Amazon GC. You need to input the code on your account or your order when you checkout.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh.

My bad, I totally misunderstood that. I was used to the game credits being credits rather than gift cards. My apologies.

Bah, I like the game credits a lot better. The game credits take off the amount before tax is added, the gift cards take off the amount after tax is added, resulting in having to pay more in tax. :(

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm trying to get Muramasa off of Amazon but my $10 credit isn't applying itself =([/QUOTE]
Make sure it's sold by amazon.com and not a 3rd party.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Green Day: RB is now showing a $10 VGC offer, but still shows "$20" on the "Special Offers & Promotions" listed below the price.[/QUOTE]

I just went to order this and just noticed the same thing. When I went to checkout, it said:

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships.

Got the RDR credit earlier this morning. $20 RDR credit + $10 Alan Wake credit + UFC 2010 price drop = $23 shipped new. I'll take it

Green Day is now listing a $10 credit on both the bonus box and the Promotional offers farther down. Now sure what happens on the checkout page though since I had others games that got both $10 and $20 credits as well , but it looks like Green Day may have officially dropped. Could always hope that amazon raises it back up.

Just a reminder that Amazon PM'd Wally World on UFC 2010 360/PS3 - $49.96 w/$10 GC and $5 MP3 credit.

Used my $20 RDR GC for a total of $29.96 for UFC, $10 GC, and a Megadeth album download. :)

Just received my ModNation Racers $10 credit. Expires 7/31.

Also received an email ad about ModNation from Sony, and in it a code for the Air Raid Mod but it was a placeholder XXXX-XXXX-XXXX with full instructions how to redeem. Guess they messed up and forgot to substitute the placeholder for the actual code :lol:

[quote name='eau']Just received my ModNation Racers $10 credit. Expires 7/31.
[/QUOTE]

Wow are they ever inconsistent about the credits. The RDR credit (not gift card since I ordered on the 19th) that I got this morning expires 8/31. Maybe they gave me more time since it's a larger value? Anyway, it gives me pause from turning around and ordering ModNation right away if I'll end up having to find something else to spend that $10 sooner than if I just wait!

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I know this is a little irrelavant, but this seems to be the place to post about Amazon complaints. Anyone notice how long it takes for them to ship items out nowdays? I understand that if you order FSSS it will take 5-9 days to get to your house, but there is no reason it should take almost a week for your item to ship if it's in stock. I had a book ordered last week and it still hadn't shipped out so I cancelled my order and placed it with Barnes and Nobles instead. I used to love Amazon, but they are really starting to fall second to GS and other retailers with their customer service.[/QUOTE]

the 5-9 days actually refers to processing time. free shipping u taking the bottom of the barrel bud. here is an example from their help site using standard shipping

"For example, if you order an item that is listed as "Usually ships in 2-3 days" and select standard U.S. shipping (which typically takes 3-5 business days), you can use the chart above to determine that your order should arrive 5-8 business days after you place it."

consider this on pre-orders. folks who pay release date shipping and 2 day shipping get their orders processed on day 0,1,2. standard shipping on days 2-5, free shipping uhm questionable + snail mail. they (distribution centers) are under contractual obligation to process an order for all the paid shipping customers and to meet productivity standards of x many orders, free shipping not so much, u get it when u get it. If u ever seen a processing center your order might be ready to go but still needs verified, scanned, packaged and electronically processed out the door, if volume is high it'll be sitting on the sidelines until a) after the fed ex truck picks up the daily load and hopefully they get to it to get in to the next morning truck. b) some poor schmuck comes in to work overtime or c) they get tired of laughing at your name so they just move it along the line lol

Look at my MNR says it was getting processed on sunday (my order got picked and into the checking line) but no info was sent to shipper till this morning (aka they printed the box label) I'll be suprised if it actually makes it to the shipping truck before 6/1, ah the glory of free shipping :bomb: lol

[quote name='surak']Wow are they ever inconsistent about the credits. The RDR credit (not gift card since I ordered on the 19th) that I got this morning expires 8/31. Maybe they gave me more time since it's a larger value? Anyway, it gives me pause from turning around and ordering ModNation right away if I'll end up having to find something else to spend that $10 sooner than if I just wait![/QUOTE]

I'd complain about my MDR credit expiring on 7/31, but I'm 100% positive I'm going to wind up using it on either Alpha Protocol or Crackdown 2.

The thing that's bugging me is Amazon did not send me my R&C chars for MNR. I call in and they tell me, "Wut? Wut, there's no R&C nothin'." So I had to spell it out for her. Google, "MOdnation racers ratchet clank" and tell me there isn't info about amazon giving a preorder bonus around it.

Hell, I made sure the listing actually had Ratchet and Clank on the page (in two places) before I ordered. Ridiculous. My order even talks about my, "preorder guarantee." If they can't give me the code, I'll probably see if I can't at least get a $10 cr for their shorting me.

I love Amazon, but all these game promos are catching up to them, I think.

For those worried about their promo credits expiring, remember they work on pre-orders as long as the pre-order is made before teh expiration date (even for titles that are released after).

Caution! If you have a mix of video game credits with different expiration dates in your account, do not assume that their checkout system will use your credits in the order of expiration.

Heh, I got my ModNation Racers credit, so now I have 2 x $10 credits and 1 x $20 credit. My next order will be interesting ;).

Edit: Hmmm, well, there you go. I made one order and all three credits stacked. I thought they wouldn't do that? Anyway, I'm happy - nice, clean usage there ;). Hopefully they'll keep coming out with these credits for all the other games I've had preordered for months!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a email from amazon saying my Halo Reach limited edition pre oder qualifies for a free $5 amazon mp3 credit. Dont remember there being a $5 mp3 credit for it so i went and checked the halo reach page and saw that now the limited edition comes with a $20 game credit as well. I thought only regular editions only qualify for game credit, and not LE?

[quote name='faceturd']Unexpectedly just received a $5 MP3 credit from Amazon for RDR... this one has an expiration date of July 15, 2010. Not bad.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just got a second MP3 credit (a code this time) for my Green Day Rock Band preorder I've had for a while. Interesting.

Its like an endless string of discounts. I used the music one on the New Pornographer's Together album and they send me another code for $4 off with anything in their "...eligible Amazon Video On Demand movie and TV purchases."

I don't really need anything from there so if anyone wants it:

=========
Your promotional code: AGBV-8NGXK2-QGNQLB

Please copy the promotional code above and visit...

http://www.amazon.com/vodpromo

...for redemption instructions and additional information.
=========

PM me if you use it so I can remove the code above.

bread's done
Back