Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Easystride']Has anyone gotten their Peace Walker credit yet? I'm thinking I may have to contact Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I had to email them yesterday to get it. Seems the Peace Walker credit was not sent to everyone. Took them a day to write me back, usually they are much faster but Amazon still pulled through. Also, check it is in your account even if no email has been sent to ya but adding a game to your cart and going to the checkout and if it applies a credit, then that might be it, but I did have to email them.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Damn, no more credit for Madden 11 :'([/QUOTE]

The credit is still on Madden 11, the reason you don't see it is because it shows Target selling it for $49.99.

Hey I have a question. Let's say that I get the $20 credit for a game, and I want to apply that to a game I already have pre-ordered that is coming out in the future, how would I do so? I assume there is another way other than canceling/re-ordering the game, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='protestedherox']Hey I have a question. Let's say that I get the $20 credit for a game, and I want to apply that to a game I already have pre-ordered that is coming out in the future, how would I do so? I assume there is another way other than canceling/re-ordering the game, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Yep, sure is.

Go to My Account > Order History, and click on Open Orders near the top. (If you're like me, and have a lot of Amazon purchases, this will show only items that haven't shipped.)

Locate your order. One would THINK that you'd click on "Change Payment Method" to apply a promo balance, but Amazon's system doesn't work like that. Instead, click the order # on the left column.

It should bring up an Order Summary page. At the top should be a window that says "Important Message - You have a gift account balance of $xx.xx." and a button that says, "Apply balance to this order." Just click it and confirm.

[quote name='Sylin']Yep, sure is.

Go to My Account > Order History, and click on Open Orders near the top. (If you're like me, and have a lot of Amazon purchases, this will show only items that haven't shipped.)

Locate your order. One would THINK that you'd click on "Change Payment Method" to apply a promo balance, but Amazon's system doesn't work like that. Instead, click the order # on the left column.

It should bring up an Order Summary page. At the top should be a window that says "Important Message - You have a gift account balance of $xx.xx." and a button that says, "Apply balance to this order." Just click it and confirm.[/QUOTE]

That works for gift card balance, but I'm not sure about a video game credit. Those are two separate credits. He may have to contact customer service to have them manually apply the credit, although they may just tell him to cancel and reorder.

Sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first time, I just pre-ordered Halo Reach does this mean I will not get the $20 game credit until after it has shipped?

[quote name='Tmk']Sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first time, I just pre-ordered Halo Reach does this mean I will not get the $20 game credit until after it has shipped?[/QUOTE]

You are correct you will get it within 2 days of Reach shipping and it will be automatically added to your account.

Man I hope they start dropping the 20 dollar cards on Fable and Fallout

They seem shoe-ins for at least 10 dollar deals as long as they're keeping this up

[quote name='dino88']That works for gift card balance, but I'm not sure about a video game credit. Those are two separate credits. He may have to contact customer service to have them manually apply the credit, although they may just tell him to cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]
Yup, the system won't apply the credit to an existing order. What a CSR may do is lower the price of the item in your existing preorder by the amount of the credit. Keep in mind that if they do it this way, you're now ineligible for a (say) $3 preorder price guarantee drop, because the "price" of the item in your order is lower than that (hope that makes sense, it's a little convoluted to explain).

[quote name='H3xum']Man I hope they start dropping the 20 dollar cards on Fable and Fallout

They seem shoe-ins for at least 10 dollar deals as long as they're keeping this up[/QUOTE]
They tend to copy whatever walmart has on them. So your best best is to hope that walmart puts 20 on fable and fallout :p

What's up with Singularity? There's a "standard edition" that comes with free Prototype but no $20 credit, and there's a "game with free graphic novel" that comes with $20 credit but no mention of free Prototype. I thought we were getting the free Prototype AND the $20 credit. Should I cancel this order altogether?

[quote name='Ionotropic']What's up with Singularity? There's a "standard edition" that comes with free Prototype but no $20 credit, and there's a "game with free graphic novel" that comes with $20 credit but no mention of free Prototype. I thought we were getting the free Prototype AND the $20 credit. Should I cancel this order altogether?[/QUOTE]
Get the special edition. You will still get Prototype because ALL new copies will come packaged with a voucher for Prototype for a few months.

[quote name='Unaki']Get the special edition. You will still get Prototype because ALL new copies will come packaged with a voucher for Prototype for a few months.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone really heard anything on Singularity of later? It really seems to be flying under the radar. (I saw nothing on it with everyone's E3 coverage.)

I don't imagine a game coming out very soon warrants much e3 coverage. I didn't pay particular attention to the games myself, much more interested in all the tech, but did any games like singularity, crackdown 2 and the like get much in the way of demos and trailers AT e3?(not pre-e3 stuff in the past month or so)

Otherwise, I agree. I've seen very little on this game. It's activision and with game prices DROPPING like a rock so soon after release, I can more than wait for this however; especially since I rather see some reviews and have a million other releases to go through. Already own prototype so that's not an incentive for me.

[quote name='Vortextk']I don't imagine a game coming out very soon warrants much e3 coverage. I didn't pay particular attention to the games myself, much more interested in all the tech, but did any games like singularity, crackdown 2 and the like get much in the way of demos and trailers AT e3?(not pre-e3 stuff in the past month or so)[/quote]

I agree, but as I said it has been very quite... and Activision did have a new Transformers trailer for E3... Granted, now that I see the release date Jun 4. I wouldn't really call that E3 as much as they did and they did release the most recent Singularity trailer the same day... So, yeah, I'm out right wrong but it does seem like Transformers: WfC has gotten far more coverage from all the media outlets.

[quote name='Vortextk']Otherwise, I agree. I've seen very little on this game. It's activation and with game prices DROPPING like a rock so soon after release, I can more than wait for this however; especially since I rather see some reviews and have a million other releases to go through. Already own prototype so that's not an incentive for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, own Prototype too. (Even own the 360 version) and I don't really see a media blackout from Activision, not to mention all the incentives, if they had any faith in this game... just seems to be allot to walk away from but unless I start seeing a ton of awesome reviews this week I'm passing.

Just too far behind.

I don't think I'll jump on the Singularity deal. I'll wait to see if Amazon puts some good gaming credit or GCs on LBP2, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, and Gran Turismo 5. If they don't do that by the time TDU 2 is released, I guess I'll go ahead and preorder Test Drive.

[quote name='opiv421']Madden 11 no longer includes the $20 GC promotion and is now $49.99 instead.[/QUOTE]

That's not true, it was defaulting to Target's price, it is still 59.99 with the 20 GC

I'll pass on Transformers. $50 is still too much and I don't have my PS3 with me atm because I traveled over the summer and the real draw to TF it seems (at least to me) is the online play. Still waiting for LBP 2, NFS and GT though :p

[quote name='scarhawk']I'll pass on Transformers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, now that I think about it I'd rather wait on a drop than deal with shitty gaming credits.

[quote name='Jodou']Hmm, Transformers is getting about 9.0 everywhere so far. Might have to pick it up with the $10 credit. . .[/QUOTE]
Its bad ass! By far the best Transformers game to date!

Yeah I guess I kinda worded that wrong...lol, since the other two were shit. Let me rephrase it, this is actually a transformers game thats done RIGHT!

[quote name='rvdrock']That's not true, it was defaulting to Target's price, it is still 59.99 with the 20 GC[/QUOTE]They need to make it 49,99 with the $20 gc ;p

Glad to hear it turned out decent, especially after the last few heartbreaks.

Can't wait to get home and play mine!!!! :) Thanks for the update!

I heard you still do. But I'm holding off on it even with the $20 bonus. Plus it seems fishy that Activision hasn't been marketting this game well at all. Are they afraid it will fail?

[quote name='BrolyB593']Has anyone gotten the Demolisher code yet from Amazon? (Transformers if you don't know...)[/QUOTE]

don't think so, although it says it can take up to 10 days.

the $10 gift card though is within 2 days, so i'll email them tomorrow night if i don't get that.

The PS3 version of Transformers still has it listed with both Demolisher and $10 GC. I want to bite, but I want to make sure I will get both the $10 and Demolisher code as well. Has this happened to anyone in the past where even the DLC bonus is given even though the game already released but it was still advertised?

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277264607&sr=8-1

EDIT: Never mind, they just updated and Demolisher is now gone. Glad I waited as I would have been pissed if I ordered while it was still advertised in the last couple minutes and I get denied.

I'll just wait for a sale to get this...which I suspect won't take too long. Game looks outstanding!

As long as it is advertised in the product page when you place your order, you should be ok. If in doubt, take a screenshot of the promo details for safekeeping.

Yikes, some of these are horribly outdated, let's see which ones don't offer the bonus credit anymore or have changed.

Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun Peripheral
Dante's Inferno
God of War III
Green Day: Rock Band - $10 credit only now
Glory of Heracles
MAG
Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
ModNation Racers
New Super Mario Bros
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Shrek Forever After - This leads to Ironman 2, but no longer offers the credit anyway
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Split / Second
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Supreme Commander 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Trauma Team
UFC Undisputed 2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Wario Land: Shake It!

Yea... that's a lot of games that no longer have the bonus. Games that still do, but changed it, are bolded.

[quote name='distgfx']Yikes, some of these are horribly outdated, let's see which ones don't offer the bonus credit anymore or have changed.

Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun Peripheral
Dante's Inferno
God of War III
Green Day: Rock Band - $10 credit only now
Glory of Heracles
MAG
Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
ModNation Racers
New Super Mario Bros
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Shrek Forever After - This leads to Ironman 2, but no longer offers the credit anyway
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Split / Second
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Supreme Commander 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Trauma Team
UFC Undisputed 2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Wario Land: Shake It!

Yea... that's a lot of games that no longer have the bonus. Games that still do, but changed it, are bolded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the mods should definitely update this list. Its incredibly outdated at this point as your post shows.

Just got the Transformers $10 credit but no Demolisher code yet.I wonder how much one can get for the code on ebay? Best Buy's Jazz code seems to be selling well.

[quote name='Maromi']Alpha Protocol doesn't have it either, right? At least I don't see it on the page.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you're right, I missed that one since it wasn't linked to in cheapy's post.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Just got the Transformers $10 credit but no Demolisher code yet.I wonder how much one can get for the code on ebay? Best Buy's Jazz code seems to be selling well.[/QUOTE]

Got my Demolisher code this morning.

bread's done
Back