Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a new list for you guys if anybody cares. Sorry I'm too lazy to get the little icons. Whoever is OP is welcome to use this if they want, I tried grabbing every big title that Amazon already made a place holder for:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $10 - (PS3/360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $20 (PS3/360/Wii)
Crackdown 2 - $10 (360)
Green Day Rockband (Standard/Plus) - $10 (PS3/360/Wii) No Plus for Wii
Halo Reach (All Versions) - $20 (360)
The Last Airbender - $10 (Wii/DS)
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - $10 (PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP)
Madden NFL 11 - $20 (PS3/360/Wii) **Watch out because this doesn't show at the top. You have to click on "Special Offers Avaiable" to make sure its still there**
Madden NFL 11 - $10 (PS2/PSP) **See Madden above**
Mafia II (Standard/Collectors) - $10 (PS3/360)
NCAA Football 11 - $10 (PS3/360) **See Madden**
Singularity w/Graphic Novel - $20 (PS3/360)http://www.amazon.com/Singularity-X..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277610383&sr=1-3
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $10 (PS3/360)
Toy Story 3 - $10 (PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP)
True Crime - $10 (PS3/360)

Games w/o promos that might get them in the future:

Batman Arkham Asylum 2 - PS3/360
Crysis 2 - PS3/360
Dead Rising 2 - PS3/360
Dead Space 2 - PS3/360
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii
Fable 3 (Standard/Collectors) - 360
Fallout: New Vegas (Standard/Collectors) - 360/PS3
Gears of War 3 - 360
Gran Turismo 5 - PS3
Infamous 2 - PS3
Killzone 3 - PS3
LA Noire - PS3/360
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii
Little Big Planet 2 - PS3
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - PS3/360
Medal of Honor - PS3/360
Metal Gear Solid Rising - PS3/360
NBA 2k11 - PS3/360/Wii/PSP
NBA Elite 11 - PS3/360
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - PS3/360/Wii
NHL 2k11 - Wii
NHL 11 - PS3/360
Rage - PS3/360
Rock Band 3 (game only) - PS3/360/Wii/DS
Rock Band 3 (game + keyboard) - PS3/360/Wii
SOCOM 4 - PS3
Spec Ops: The Line - PS3/360
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - PS3/360/Wii/DS
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Standard/Collectors) - 360/PS3/Wii/DS (no Collector's Edit. for Wii or DS)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - PS3/360 (Don't ask me why, but each game has a different link, so keep that in mind)

And some hardware to look out for:
Playstation Move Controller
Playstation Move Starter Bundle
Playstation Move Navigation Controller
Sports Champions - PS3 Move
The Fight: Lights Out - PS3 Move

Kinect
Kinect Sports - 360 K
Kinect Adventures! - 360 K
Kinect Joy Ride - 360 K
Kinectimals - 360 K
Dance Central - 360 K

And lastly, games that are coming out in the next 2 weeks that have no pre-order bonus. Sorry :(

Deathsmiles Limited Edition - 360
Naughty Bear - PS3/360
Ninety-Nine Nights 2 - 360
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - 360

EDIT: Sorry for some games, the PC version has the credit, and some they don't. I missed a few, so unfortunately if you're interested you might wanna check.

That's a lot of work rp71284 thanks. It's easier to just link to the bonus offers page though. I dunno why Cheapys post doesn't. Many times when Amazon first adds a credit to a game you won't find it in this list for a little while until they update it but eventually most of them show up.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's a lot of work rp71284 thanks. It's easier to just link to the bonus offers page though. I dunno why Cheapys post doesn't. Many times when Amazon first adds a credit to a game you won't find it in this list for a little while until they update it but eventually most of them show up.[/QUOTE]

Its cause if its not a direct link, Cheapy doesnt get paid ;)

[quote name='kroberts11']When you preorder from Amazon, does it take the money when the purchase ships, or as soon as you place the order?[/QUOTE]

When it ships.

OP has been updated...sorry for slacking off.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Its cause if its not a direct link, Cheapy doesnt get paid ;)[/QUOTE]
First of all, that is not true. I get paid anyway.
I had the link in there, but removed it because there was a time when it was mostly inaccurate. I'll put it back.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Its cause if its not a direct link, Cheapy doesnt get paid ;)[/QUOTE]
First of all, that is not true. I get paid anyway.
I had the link in there, but removed it because there was a time when it was mostly useless. I'll put it back.

Wal-Mart added more titles to their “eGiftCard program” so I suspect we will see some new games listed on Amazon here real soon.

Thanks for the update cheapy. :)

Kane & Lynch Dog Days has a $10 credit now listed on all versions. I was waiting for them to list a credit. Only problem is chances are this game will likely be discounted within a couple of weeks to $44.99 or something like that. Can't see too many copies flying off shelves. I loved the original and have $65 credit right now to use. Ships in late August.

LA Noire also now has a $10 credit (PS3/Xbox)

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars (all systems) has a $10 credit. If you want it get it now while the price is 46.99.

Thanks for updating Cheapy. Now of course a day later it needs updated again :)

Also thanks yarkitty...I wasn't planning on getting Metroid (never played a metroid game..) but with the $20 credit it's too hard to say no.

[quote name='yarkitty123']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

$20 game credit with Metroid: Other M (don't see this info anywhere atm)[/QUOTE]

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I looked at the FAQ in the OP and didn't see anything about it. If I pre-ordered Other M before the $20 credit was announced, will my order be automatically updated with the promo when the game ships? Or do I have to cancel and redo the pre-order to get the credit? Thanks!

[quote name='theflicker']Thanks! Been waiting for them to match Walmart on that one.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Amazon matches Walmart on Fable III :whistle2:/

Also Green Day Rockband is $10 not $20.

[quote name='ev_rock']I apologize if this has been answered already, but I looked at the FAQ in the OP and didn't see anything about it. If I pre-ordered Other M before the $20 credit was announced, will my order be automatically updated with the promo when the game ships? Or do I have to cancel and redo the pre-order to get the credit? Thanks![/QUOTE]

you should be fine. i pre-ordered super mario galaxy 2 and metroid other m last summer with the ECA discount + goldbox discount each and they added the $20 game credit to mario this spring and i still got it without any problems.

[quote name='trent82']you should be fine. i pre-ordered super mario galaxy 2 and metroid other m last summer with the ECA discount + goldbox discount each and they added the $20 game credit to mario this spring and i still got it without any problems.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'm actually using my Mario Galaxy 2 credit on my Other M pre-order, so it'll be nice to have that $20 credit to roll over onto something else. Thanks for the info.

Man you are going to have to run this site for life. LOL These amazon credits are just to sweet to pass up. The metroid m looks sick. I slept on the singularity and preordered it for the 20 beans credit I didn't see any prototype toss in though. Thanks,

I'm kinda new to the amazon pre-orders. If you pre-order before the actual credit offer is offered, will you still get the credit?
for instance, I pre-ordered Halo: Reach right when the pre-order was offered, will I still get the credit?

[quote name='limesqueeze']I'm kinda new to the amazon pre-orders. If you pre-order before the actual credit offer is offered, will you still get the credit?
for instance, I pre-ordered Halo: Reach right when the pre-order was offered, will I still get the credit?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is once you place a pre-order, you will receive the largest credit offered from that point forward (until it ships), even if there was initially no offer at all.

Does Amazon charge for pre-orders immediatly or when they ship? I glanced over the first post but I couldn't find the info (at work, I should probably be doing more of that).

Question:
Could I order Singularity, use the $20 credit to order Peace Walker, and then return Singularity as soon as it arrives?

Would this work? If so, the free $20 seems pretty appealing.

[quote name='Barlog']Does Amazon charge for pre-orders immediatly or when they ship? I glanced over the first post but I couldn't find the info (at work, I should probably be doing more of that).[/QUOTE]
When they ship.

[quote name='nnickers']Question:
Could I order Singularity, use the $20 credit to order Peace Walker, and then return Singularity as soon as it arrives?

Would this work? If so, the free $20 seems pretty appealing.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they're smarter than that.

[quote name='nnickers']Question:

Would this work? If so, the free $20 seems pretty appealing.[/QUOTE]

You want order Singularity, use the $20 VG credit from Amazon on MGS:pW, then return Singularity and still get the discounted price on MGS:pW? So you're asking if Amazon would allow you to commit fraud and cheat them out of $20? Hot damn, you cracked the code and figured out how to cheat the system for "free money", go for it!

To Receive the Promotion:

• Add the qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart via the Add to Shopping Cart button on the product information page.

• The promotional code will be placed directly in your Amazon.com account after your qualifying item ships once processing is complete.

• To redeem your reward, add a video game sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount from the promotional code will be visible after you have begun the checkout process.

• The promotional code must be used by its stated expiration date.

Terms and Conditions

• The promotion is limited to one per customer.

• The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.

• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.

• The promotion applies only to qualifying pre-orders displaying the offer message on their product information pages.

• The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Macys, Target, etc.) do not qualify.

• If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.

• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.

• Offer good while supplies last.

• Void where prohibited.

Seriously, do you think Amazon is run like the Mom & Pop video store down the road? Wow.

[quote name='lowlevel']You want order Singularity, use the $20 VG credit from Amazon on MGS:pW, then return Singularity and still get the discounted price on MGS:pW? So you're asking if Amazon would allow you to commit fraud and cheat them out of $20? Hot damn, you cracked the code and figured out how to cheat the system for "free money", go for it!

Seriously, do you think Amazon is run like the Mom & Pop video store down the road? Wow.[/QUOTE]

yes I do... i did it with MW2 back in the day since my release date delivery didn't get in on time, did it by accident and returned it but my credit was still there. I would think it would be fixed by now though

[quote name='lowlevel']You want order Singularity, use the $20 VG credit from Amazon on MGS:pW, then return Singularity and still get the discounted price on MGS:pW? So you're asking if Amazon would allow you to commit fraud and cheat them out of $20? Hot damn, you cracked the code and figured out how to cheat the system for "free money", go for it!

Seriously, do you think Amazon is run like the Mom & Pop video store down the road? Wow.[/QUOTE]

you would be surprised if you use the credit before you return the item then i don't think they could take it back

[quote name='Techsticles']Has anyone received their $10 future gaming purchase credit for Transformers WFC? I got the Demolisher code last week, but no credit.[/QUOTE]

i ended up having to send them like 3 emails to get it. the page said that you should receive the credit within 2 days of shipping, so you should probably contact them.

Received Singularity w/ graphic novel from Amazon today. As already discussed, it does come with the free Prototype offer. I've already filled out the online form... it costs $5 for shipping and you have to mail them your receipt and the sticker from the front of the packaging (which is great, the last free game promo I did required you to cut out the upc from the game case, which meant that you couldn't sell the game back to a lot of stores). I already have Prototype so I'll give this copy to my brother.

And for anyone wondering, the free copy of Prototype will not come in its original packaging (the website says it comes in a cardboard sleeve), so don't expect to just flip it as new.

-Edit-
Oh yeah, and the $20 credit has already been added to my account.

[quote name='y2jasper']i ended up having to send them like 3 emails to get it. the page said that you should receive the credit within 2 days of shipping, so you should probably contact them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've emailed them a couple times and received no response. I do have a pdf of the page and see it does say 2 days. Thanks, I'll just call them tomorrow if I don't get a response back.

[quote name='Techsticles']Yeah I've emailed them a couple times and received no response. I do have a pdf of the page and see it does say 2 days. Thanks, I'll just call them tomorrow if I don't get a response back.[/QUOTE]

yeah customer service can be kind of flaky but they eventually get the job done.

the first email i sent, the person didn't understand the problem and sent me the demolisher code again. the second email never got a reply, so 24 hours later i sent a third one and this representative sent me a $10 code.

[quote name='gotop90']you would be surprised if you use the credit before you return the item then i don't think they could take it back[/QUOTE]

I think I speak for the majority of people in this thread when I say: you're an idiot.

-----

anyway, my comic book is a little bent out of shape. Anyone else have that problem? I was expecting a box but they shipped these things in a padded mailer.

Hrm...I really want to do the Metroid Other M, but I already used the credit on Madden 11...and then that credit on Metroid. And then Metroid's on something else.

...anyone think Amazon's got us completely under their spell? ACK!

not really on topic..but is anyone else having problems with amazon's site right now? it doesn't show anything in stock..at all, and most pages are showing up blank..

[quote name='y2jasper']not really on topic..but is anyone else having problems with amazon's site right now? it doesn't show anything in stock..at all, and most pages are showing up blank..[/QUOTE]

Same, seems to be sitewide, I just got my $20 Singularity credit, I want to use it, heh.

bread's done
Back