Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted but Amazon is now offering 10$ off future purchase on Medal of Honor PS3 and 360. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']I'm hoping for credit with Smackdown vs. Raw 2011. Did they do it last year for 2010?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I got a $10 gift card last year's SvR but I think it was one of those ones that they didn't announce the gift card on until very close to release.

I feel like I've asked this before, but how close to the release of a game will Amazon decide to offer delivery day shipping? I need Blazblue Continuum Shift as soon as possible but if release day delivery isn't on there by now can I assume it won't be?

[quote name='y2jasper']fable 3 now has $20 credit, sweet![/QUOTE]
Wow, and nothing for the CE. Basically makes it cost you $40 more, which is terrible. Interesting that when you check out it now says Game Credit Applied instead of just promotion applied. About time they did that.

No glitch this time, unfortunately.

[quote name='dvdactor']I'm pretty sure I got a $10 gift card last year's SvR but I think it was one of those ones that they didn't announce the gift card on until very close to release.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear.

Cancelled my collectors edition preorder of Fable 3 for the 20 dollar credit on the standard version and let amazon know in the reason for cancelling box. I'll still probably spring for the Fallout New Vegas CE, enjoy that series more than Fable anyway. Thanks for the heads up guys.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Cancelled my collectors edition preorder of Fable 3 for the 20 dollar credit on the standard version and let amazon know in the reason for cancelling box. I'll still probably spring for the Fallout New Vegas CE, enjoy that series more than Fable anyway. Thanks for the heads up guys.[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my preorder last week for other reasons. I want the collector's edition, but I'll probably hold out for another month or two to see if they add it. Not gonna get CE at all when I can get normal for effectively half price.

well fable 3 having $20 credit just got me to burn my $50 in credit on it :lol:

works for me especially since i'll only be losing $10 since im also getting halo reach

If I already preordered Fable III at the $10 credit, will it now up to $20, or should I cancel and re-pre-order to make sure?

Yes, I've read the thread, but the thing I've seen mostly is people who just had normal preorders got the promotion applied to those.

Just wondering if I need to redo my order to make sure I get the $20.

[quote name='kroberts11']If I already preordered Fable III at the $10 credit, will it now up to $20, or should I cancel and re-pre-order to make sure?

Yes, I've read the thread, but the thing I've seen mostly is people who just had normal preorders got the promotion applied to those.

Just wondering if I need to redo my order to make sure I get the $20.[/QUOTE]
It will bump to $20.

i was debating whether to preorder fable 3 or force unleashed 2 (since both come out the same day). but with $10 more in credit fable won out. now if amazon ups star wars credit as well i will be faced with a fun filled dilemma.

Nuts, I want to get Fable 3, but I've already got 3 games pre-ordered via Amazon and no credit right now. Here's hoping the next game ships and I get credited so I can use that credit on Fable 3 before it expires...

I have Metroid: Other M (comes with a $20 credit) preordered. I am going to use that credit on Kirby's Epic Yarn, if that comes with a $20 credit. If it doesn't... I will just use my Walmart giftcard. I already preordered Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I hope I can just keep moving those $20 credits around and make everything $20 off MSRP. That is my goal...

And yes, I e-mailed amazon and they took my $20 Super Mario Galaxy 2 promotional credit and applied it to my preoder of Metroid Other M. I locked in all of my preorders with a 5% off goldbox deal.

I love amazon!

[quote name='wakawakawa']Sweet was waiting for Fable 3 $20 credit. All of these credits are making collector's editions very expensive by comparison.[/QUOTE]

Yep... :whistle2:(

"We at Lionhead love RPGs, but what if that *60*-dollar RPG could now be only *40* dollars? I mean, imagine how much more enjoyable it would suddenly become, how much freer it would make the player's life!"

such a bummer that they arent extending the $20 credit on Fable III to the collector's edition, which i preordered...making me think real hard about switching to the standard...

So far it says only release day delivery for the Standard edition of GT5. I hope I don't get punished by wanting the Collector's Edition... no release date delivery option. Boo.

Sweet. I was hoping an upcoming release I wanted offered the $20 credit before the end of July. I applied my 20 SMG2 credit toward Fable III. In for 1.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I wish they'd offer a Kinect bundle similar to Wal-Marts. Should someone take Amazon to task and ask them to do it?[/QUOTE]

Does the wal-mart kinect + 1 game + $30 e-gift card for $199 come w\ Kinect adventures + 1 game of choice +$30 e-card? Or is it just kinect +1 game + $30 e-gift card?

The walmart description talks about the pre-order bonus levels for adventures but says nothing that I see about kinect adventures being bundled w\ this offer....

Can anyone tell me if I can use multiple credits on a single game?

I'm not sure if these credits are special or anything, but my plan is to preorder and pickup Birth By Sleep and Metroid Other M and use the $30 towards the limited edition LittleBigPlanet2.

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5198]9355[/IMG-R]Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::pc: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $10 credit
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops $20 credit
:360::ps3: Clash of the Titans $10 credit
:wii: Club Penguin: Game Day! $10 credit
:pc: Elemental (all versions) $10 credit
:360: Fable III $20 credit
:360::ps3: Fallout New Vegas $10 credit
:ds: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light $10 credit
:ps3::pc: Final Fantasy XIV $10 credit
:360::ps3::pc: Front Mission Evolved $10 credit
:360::ps3::wii: Green Day Rock Band (Regular/Plus) $20 credit
:psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep $10 credit
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 $10 credit
:wii: Guilty Party $10 credit
:360: Halo Reach (all versions) $20 credit
:360::ps3::pc: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $10 credit
:360::ps3: LA Noire $10 credit
:360::ps3::wii::ds::psp: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 $10 credit
:360::ps3::wii::ds::psp::pc: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $10 credit
:360::ps3::wii:
iconps2_r2.gif
:psp: Madden NFL 11 $20/$10 credit
:360::ps3: :pc: Mafia 2 $10 credit
:360::ps3: Medal of Honor Limited Edition $10 credit
:wii: Metroid Other M $20 credit
:360::ps3: NCAA Football 11 $10 credit
:360::ps3: Rock Band 3 $10 credit
:360::ps3::pc: Spec Ops: The Line $10 credit
:360::ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $10 credit
:360::ps3::wii: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $10 credit
:360::ps3: True Crime: Hong Kong $10 credit

The sometimes accurate list on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]
Updated 4/28/2010 - PM Lucian with corrections/additions

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
    Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
    - Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
    - Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
    - PSN codes sent via email - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
    - PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)
  2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
    The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.
  3. Can I stack game credit?
    Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.
  4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
    The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
    - Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
    - Game credit - Preorder - but do not check out - an item to see if the game credit shows as a promotional credit discount on the order page

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.
  5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
    Yes.
  6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
    No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.
  7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
    No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
    Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
    - It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
    - It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
  2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
    Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist][/QUOTE]
i haven't seen a credit on lego harry potter for weeks. I think this list needs updating.

[quote name='Mit']Can anyone tell me if I can use multiple credits on a single game?

I'm not sure if these credits are special or anything, but my plan is to preorder and pickup Birth By Sleep and Metroid Other M and use the $30 towards the limited edition LittleBigPlanet2.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will stack, as long as both credits are valid at the time you want to place the order for LBP2.

Yes, they will stack (as ShockandAww already said). I got Transformers: WFC nearly for free after stacking a bunch of Amazon preorder bonuses from other titles. Good stuff.

i wish that spiderman shattered dimensions would get a $10 credit, but seeing how it already has 2 bonuses, i doubt they will also add another bonus to it. it might be a good thing, with so many games coming out in the fall, i don't need to buy them all day 1, so maybe i'll get it for cheap on black friday.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes they will stack, as long as both credits are valid at the time you want to place the order for LBP2.[/QUOTE]
So, you said both credits must be valid when I place the order. I plan on preordering Birth By Sleep and Metroid Other M to do this. Would I have to wait until both of those games ship?

I'm guessing their preorders don't work by paying small amounts like GameStop, then? I was planning on preordering the LittleBigPlanet 2 Limited Edition, but I don't know if it will still be available by the time both of those games come out.

Cheapy, make some calls to Amazon and get a credit put on the Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle. The standalone game comes with a $10 credit while the bundle (which is $70 more) comes with nothing.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Cheapy, make some calls to Amazon and get a credit put on the Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle. The standalone game comes with a $10 credit while the bundle (which is $70 more) comes with nothing.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you! If Amazon doesn't make the change. I might actually go to Gamestop since I will at least get some DLC. Cause I know I'm probably going to purchase the bundle.

[quote name='theking20']random question but can i trade in 2 copies of the same game at the same time?[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='matto1233']These are only for preorders, correct?[/QUOTE]

Some of them are available for a bit after release date.

bread's done
Back