Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
damn you amazon. currently my preorders consist of:

Halo Reach (w/ $20 credit)
Fable 2 (w/ $20 credit)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (w/$10 credit)

and pretty soon i will be adding:
COD: Black Ops (w/$20 credit)
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (w/$10 credit)

because of amazon i'm ordering almost all the games i'm kind of interested, except for Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions and Epic Mickey. c'mon amazon make me spend my money!

[quote name='jaredstorm']/\

Why you not getting in on Metroid Other M? :([/QUOTE]

personally, i've never been into any of the metroid games, so i don't have much interest in it.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']anyone else still waiting on their madden credit?

i'll probably send them email over the weekend if i dont receive it by friday[/QUOTE]

I got mine on Tuesday, when did you buy it.

I think that should cover some of the newer ones and some of the ones with expired credits from the list.

Please post if there's other items that are missing or other items that need to be removed.

blackwaltz34,

Nothing here, either. And I preordered mine back in March, or whenever the $20 credit promo was first announced. I'm going to email 'em tonight. We should've had these yesterday, let alone today. Don't like to get too much 'distance' in situations like this.

I find it far from useless, they get me most games a day after release with fsss. And even if they take like a week which probably the most I have ever had to wait, it is more than worth it. With these deals I am saving like $15 over retail (with ECA) and then on top of that they throw in $10 with almost every game I want. I love Amazon and CAG for these great deals.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']anyone else still waiting on their madden credit?

i'll probably send them email over the weekend if i dont receive it by friday[/QUOTE]
I got mine the day after it shipped (Tuesday) You might try shooting them an e-mail or calling tomorrow.

No sense in waiting if you don't have too ;)

Will be interesting to see if Amazon matches Walmarts new games with credits...for anyone that doesn't know, this is where Amazon takes most of their credit deals from and they usually do match Walmarts deals. Here's hoping.

Walmart has added:

$20 egift cards for: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige, Fable 3 Collectors Edition, Medal Of Honor

$10 egift cards for: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, Dead Rising 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Walmart also added a few other games but I dont really care for them so wont take the time to list them all. If you want to see them all check here .

Wouldn't mind Amazon matching WM's deals on Fable 3 and COD: BO.

I think $10 credits don't do it for me any more, I think it has to be $20 for a pre-order to get me to get a game at retail price for launch, since Amazon has a long track record of having games at $20 off retail price within 6 months of launch or less.

I thought it was kinda funny that Wal-Mart has a $10 gift card on Super Scribblenauts, which sounds great...but they've got the retail price at 39.82. So you're saving 17 cents compared to everywhere else?

[quote name='Juese']I thought it was kinda funny that Wal-Mart has a $10 gift card on Super Scribblenauts, which sounds great...but they've got the retail price at 39.82. So you're saving 17 cents compared to everywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going to list that one but then saw the price...I bet it's just a mistake or they didnt know the price when they listed it and need to update it.

Yes!

Thank you WalMart for adding 20 to Fable CE finally.

Now I have a backup if Amazon doesn't match

Time for everyone to flood the Amazon "found a cheaper price" section

[quote name='H3xum']Yes!

Thank you WalMart for adding 20 to Fable CE finally.

Now I have a backup if Amazon doesn't match

Time for everyone to flood the Amazon "found a cheaper price" section[/QUOTE]
Wish Walmart would do the same with Fallout New Vegas CE :p

[quote name='ShockandAww']Will be interesting to see if Amazon matches Walmarts new games with credits...for anyone that doesn't know, this is where Amazon takes most of their credit deals from and they usually do match Walmarts deals. Here's hoping.

Walmart has added:

$20 egift cards for: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige, Fable 3 Collectors Edition, Medal Of Honor

$10 egift cards for: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, Dead Rising 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Walmart also added a few other games but I dont really care for them so wont take the time to list them all. If you want to see them all check here .[/QUOTE]

Nice. I hope Amazon matches the $10 credit on Dead Rising 2 since I managed to snag a preorder when it was $48.

Also hope they match Fable 3 CE. I want it, but I'm not gonna pay twice as much as the regular version.

Wish they would add a credit to Fallout for PC too.

[quote name='kynetarse']Nice. I hope Amazon matches the $10 credit on Dead Rising 2 since I managed to snag a preorder when it was $48.

Also hope they match Fable 3 CE. I want it, but I'm not gonna pay twice as much as the regular version.

Wish they would add a credit to Fallout for PC too.[/QUOTE]
Oh hell, i must of skimmed over the $10 dollar on dead rising, gonna pre-order it now for 55.99 before they add gift card and raise it up to 59.99

Wow, color me surprised on Fable III CE and MoH (although I bet they shaft PC gamers here); $20 back would be amazing. Hopefully MvC3 gets the $10 treatment, too.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'll be surprised if Dead Rising 2 gets a $10 gc especially since it was $48 not too long ago.[/QUOTE]
for like 2 hours

[quote name='scarhawk']Still. Basically like giving it out for $38 bucks to some people.[/QUOTE]
Well still doesn't mean they wouldnt put a 10 on it, hell they put $20 on super mario galaxy basically making it a 30 dollar game.

o man, those new walmart updates fill in the remaining fall games i wasn't sure about getting: epic mickey and shattered dimensions

Those of you still waiting on your--BOOM!!--"Madden" credit, I'd--POW!!--get on Customer Service now. Just got mine, only by contacting them. "Matt" informed me that the original credit was never attached and issued a new one. Just be polite, not that I would expect anything less from Average CAG.

Uh....

i called amazon customer service and got my madden credit. however, the email didnt say anything about an expiration date

i should probably ask them about that

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Anybody think Amazon will match the $20 credit on the Fable 3 CE?[/QUOTE]

They will. Halo's CE's have 20 GC, don't see why Fable wouldn't. After seeing the newest combat screens, this will definitely be the game I get in October.

^ Same. But it makes it easier for me to choose Black Ops instead. I'll be getting LBP2 after I find a good deal on it. I just have trouble paying retail price for it.

Debating whether to pre-order K&L2 and Halo: Reach.

I could see these going down in price pretty quick, any thoughts?

[quote name='Egos']Debating whether to pre-order K&L2 and Halo: Reach.

I could see these going down in price pretty quick, any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

K&L probably will but I dont see why Halo Reach would.

^ Because there will be like 3 million copies out there on day 1. So Halo: Reach is bound to get some price drop with such great supply.

[quote name='scarhawk']^ Because there will be like 3 million copies out there on day 1. So Halo: Reach is bound to get some price drop with such great supply.[/QUOTE]

but also very high demand.

i'm sure around black friday you will probably be able to get it for around $40, $30 used around black friday. but you can get it for $60 and a $20 gift card on day 1, so if you know your going to use the coupon, then why wait?

Halo Reach will be $40 probably within the first 3 weeks it comes out. But it'll be $40 for like an hour during one of those Buy.com quick sales. It won't be $40 everywhere for quite a few months.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Halo Reach will be $40 probably within the first 3 weeks it comes out. But it'll be $40 for like an hour during one of those Buy.com quick sales. It won't be $40 everywhere for quite a few months.[/QUOTE]

no, idts. i remember halo 3 was still selling :shock:$60(maybe $40) msrp at bb and gs before christmas 2009(literally dropped to $30 the day after).

[quote name='ritchardf']free credit for need for speed shift (ps3 or 360) when you preorder need for speed hot pursuit. shows up as a credit after shipping.[/QUOTE]
Sigh, what a worthless promo.

I just went to redo my Mafia 2 preorder and noticed that they removed release date delivery as a delivery option. I had it set to release date before :(. What a bummer.

*Edit* Release Date Delivery has been added back as an option and is free to Amazon Prime members.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ritchardf']free credit for need for speed shift (ps3 or 360) when you preorder need for speed hot pursuit. shows up as a credit after shipping.[/QUOTE]

How does a free credit for a specific game work? I guess their system just knows to deduct the correct amount based on sku? Wish they'd just give a dollar amount off like most releases. I really have no interest in NFS: Shift. I'm more into arcade racers than anything on the simulation side.

bread's done
Back