Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpockBlocker']Do we have to email them a lot to get a match on walmart's fable 3 limited edition credit? If so, what's the email?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but it can't hurt to try. Go to the Fable 3 product page and towards the bottom of the screen is a blue "Feedback" box with a link to "tell us about a lower price?". Just click that and fill it out.

I have to wait an additional 2 to 3 days for the rep to look up the Madden 11 $20 gaming credit promotional offer. Amazon have been slacking lately with issuing these game credits, I think this is the third time I have to contact them. I don't see why they have to do additional research when this $20 gaming credit was offered for almost half the year.

If I order 1 copy each of standard edition Halo Reach and limited edition Halo Reach, does anyone know if I'll get two $20 off-future-purchase bonuses?

I know it says "limit one per household," but to me, two different UPCs=two different bonuses. But the wrinkle is they're up on the same amazon page.

[quote name='kevlar51']If I order 1 copy each of standard edition Halo Reach and limited edition Halo Reach, does anyone know if I'll get two $20 off-future-purchase bonuses?

I know it says "limit one per household," but to me, two different UPCs=two different bonuses. But the wrinkle is they're up on the same amazon page.[/QUOTE]

I dunno but if you try it make sure it's 2 separate orders.

Also If you have more than 1 account you can get multiple credits even for the exact same title. You're not supposed to I dont think (it's supposed to be one per household) but I've done it a couple times and both times got multiple credits. Obviously you'd have to use those 2 credits on separate orders though because they'd give one credit to each account.

[quote name='kevlar51']If I order 1 copy each of standard edition Halo Reach and limited edition Halo Reach, does anyone know if I'll get two $20 off-future-purchase bonuses?

I know it says "limit one per household," but to me, two different UPCs=two different bonuses. But the wrinkle is they're up on the same amazon page.[/QUOTE]Yes, you should get two credits. I ordered the Hardened and Prestige editions of MW2 on release and I received credit for both games.

Dumb question...if you preorder something from Amazon, at which point do you pay the whole price for it? I'd like to lock in the preorder price for something, but I probably won't have the money for it the day of release. Can you wait to fulfill the order until the time of your choosing?

Did anyone get the promo credit applied to their Amazon account for pre-ordering Madden '11? I have not and I emailed Amazon and got a reply "we will get back to you in 1-2 days". Madden shipped last week, got it last Friday...still no $20 future game credit.

[quote name='Griffey867']Did anyone get the promo credit applied to their Amazon account for pre-ordering Madden '11? I have not and I emailed Amazon and got a reply "we will get back to you in 1-2 days". Madden shipped last week, got it last Friday...still no $20 future game credit.[/QUOTE]

I got my credit on Aug 10th, it shipped on the 9th.

[quote name='Griffey867']Did anyone get the promo credit applied to their Amazon account for pre-ordering Madden '11? I have not and I emailed Amazon and got a reply "we will get back to you in 1-2 days". Madden shipped last week, got it last Friday...still no $20 future game credit.[/QUOTE]

I also got mine on the 10th, so they may have just messed up on getting you yours.

I got mine the night it shipped.

[quote name='Jut']So they aren't gonna pm walmart on fable 3 le...[/QUOTE]

If they don't, looks like they'll be losing at least my money to walmart. Probably a lot of others too. These $20 credits are the only reason I don't go to gamestop for midnight releases anymore.

i had to email them and ask for it. amazon actually didnt respond within a couple of days so i ended up calling them and got the promo credit applied to my account. to my surprise, i got an email response for my original email and got another $20 promo credit applied to my account. i got lucky i guess.

Sigh I dunno why Amazon waits so long to match credit deals. They're going to lose business from people like me that are impatient and like to plan what and where they're buying.

Still not even a $10 credit for Spider Man, nothing for Dead Rising 2, Fable 3 LE, Black Ops Hardened/Prestige...come on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get why they have yet to give NHL 11 a credit (even $10 would be nice) I am buying through Amazon for sure due to having ALOT of credit with them so it would be nice to add to it after buying it through them :)

[quote name='jd10984']I dont get why they have yet to give NHL 11 a credit (even $10 would be nice) I am buying through Amazon for sure due to having ALOT of credit with them so it would be nice to add to it after buying it through them :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been checking every day for a credit on NHL 11, since I also have a lot of credit. I get the feeling we're both going to be disappointed. :cry:

Griffey867,

Stay on them. I only got my Madden credit because I emailed CS last Thursday. Luckily, that was all I needed to do, but from what the rep cut-n-pasted, I have to believe it wouldn't have ever been implemented otherwise.

Strange, because they've been so good about gaming credits recently.

[quote name='Commy']Yeah, I've been checking every day for a credit on NHL 11, since I also have a lot of credit. I get the feeling we're both going to be disappointed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ya I dont get it. Its a pretty big seller every year.. No clue why they are not giving it a credit (instead its what 56.99? Big deal) :( Ah well either way I have to get it through amazon.

[quote name='jd10984']Ya I dont get it. Its a pretty big seller every year.. No clue why they are not giving it a credit (instead its what 56.99? Big deal) :( Ah well either way I have to get it through amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, i think you're spelling it out there. It's a strong seller, one whose price generally holds very well. If no other retailer is offering some sweet pre-order, they don't need to respond to anyone by matching. And in fact they've got it for 3 bucks cheaper, and no sales tax. Which in my case means:

Amazon: 56.99
Local retailer: 59.99 + 7% tax = $64.19

If they don't put one up for Fable 3 CE, they'll lose my $80 plus another $80 which I would have put on Assassin's Creed BH CE with that $20 credit...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']If they don't put one up for Fable 3 CE, they'll lose my $80 plus another $80 which I would have put on Assassin's Creed BH CE with that $20 credit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm definitely with ya there.

Idk maybe a dumb suggestion but maybe cheapy could list the release date next to the games on the 1st post, this could help with stringing credit along between games on the list

Didn't see it posted already but just saw on Amazon last night they have added a $10 credit for WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011. Anyone planning on getting the game may want to hop on now too because it was also still on sale for $56.99 too.

Walmart has a $20 gift card with all versions of the game, but keep in mind the tax.

the gohastings code (if its still up) can get you the prestige for~122 shipped, depending on if you get the tax or not (Cali here no tax).

[quote name='Viol8tor']Oh, what a bummer, Black Ops gets a $20 for the regular version.

But no credit towards the $80 or $150 version? SACRILEGE!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='rudiger94949']Walmart has a $20 gift card with all versions of the game, but keep in mind the tax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I saw Fable 3 CE was also available for the $20 credit. So barring Amazon offering a $20 credit for it in the near future, looks like I'll be buying from Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Oh, what a bummer, Black Ops gets a $20 for the regular version.

But no credit towards the $80 or $150 version? SACRILEGE!![/QUOTE]

Look again. Credit has been added to the Hardened and Prestige.

Yep, Amazon unleashed a huge update last night and BioShock Infinite plus Witcher 2 were added for pre-order. No credits yet for them, but nice to finally see Witcher 2 up.

[quote name='bojay1997']Look again. Credit has been added to the Hardened and Prestige.[/QUOTE]Updated the OP to show that, plus denote which versions that have CE/LE versions only have credit for the standard versions.

Also added links to Spiderman Shattered Dimensions and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011

[quote name='shrike4242']Updated the OP to show that, plus denote which versions that have CE/LE versions only have credit for the standard versions.

Also added links to Spiderman Shattered Dimensions and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011[/QUOTE]

I just looked at that Spidey link

Any idea what happened to the code if you pre-order?

Got an e-mail that the new Rap Karaokee game "Def Jam Rapstar" will come with a $10 credit. Amazon is also offering 3 "exclusive" free downloadable tracks - "I Got 5 On It", "Passin Me By" and "Rapper's Delight".

[quote name='dennisb407']I just looked at that Spidey link

Any idea what happened to the code if you pre-order?[/QUOTE]

It's here. It comes with the concept art book which includes the code in it according to their old bonus description. I dont know why they removed the bonus art book/code info. but as long as you get the one with the book, you should get the code along with it.

I ordered the damn Spider-Man game off a seller than Amazon because of Amazon's shitty free shipping. I don't have Amazon Prime nor do I want to spend the 80 bucks for it. So I'm trying to convince the seller to cancel my order so I hope she/he does it but I highly doubt it. Would like to have that 10 dollar credit and use it on Dead Rising 2 or on Halo Reach.

bread's done
Back