Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email this morning saying that my order was being delayed in shipping and should ship today but I have release date delivery so it better show up today. It doesn't look like it's going to so I guess I'll be angrily emailing Amazon. I pre-ordered the game last July when it showed up in my Gold Box, so that's seriously fucked up if people who just ordered this weekend have their copy ship before me.

I preordered Madden 11 with release date delivery and they didn't ship it until like 9:30 the night before it released and I still got it on release day so maybe you guys will still get it.

[quote name='iggypop123']i dont see the $10 for dead rising 2.[/QUOTE]

I still see it on the standard ps3 and 360 versions (under special offers and product promotions).

I do find it odd that they don't even have a listing for the PC version. I guess I'll have to get it on Steam.

Metroid shipped yesterday around 7pm. It's out for delivery today. (I have Prime and had the Release Date delivery. I preordered back in July.)

Got my $20 credit email this morning; turned around and immediately preordered Halo Reach.

Awesome sauce!

[quote name='spree4567']I got an email this morning saying that my order was being delayed in shipping and should ship today but I have release date delivery so it better show up today. It doesn't look like it's going to so I guess I'll be angrily emailing Amazon. I pre-ordered the game last July when it showed up in my Gold Box, so that's seriously fucked up if people who just ordered this weekend have their copy ship before me.[/QUOTE]
If yours doest arrive today, I'd be demanding a $10 credit.

[quote name='emperordahc']If yours doest arrive today, I'd be demanding a $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email and ordered late July.

I really love Amazon, and this is the first time this has happened, but why do they wait until the night before to send everything? Wouldn't it be easier to, you know, package everything on Sunday, and have it ready to go for Monday? For Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which coincidentally had a Sunday release date), my package arrived Monday morning.

[quote name='rp71284']I got the same email and ordered late July.

I really love Amazon, and this is the first time this has happened, but why do they wait until the night before to send everything? Wouldn't it be easier to, you know, package everything on Sunday, and have it ready to go for Monday? For Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which coincidentally had a Sunday release date), my package arrived Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they didn't have copies yet? This has happened a lot. I think the problem is that they sometimes package them from most recent orders to oldest...so those who ordered last year are at the end of packaging queue.

I mean, I ordered on Sunday, shipped late last night, and it's out for delivery for today. :lol:

Vanquish needs a GC deal! I wanna use my other m credit towards it!

[quote name='emperordahc']Metroid shipped yesterday around 7pm. It's out for delivery today. (I have Prime and had the Release Date delivery. I preordered back in July.)

Got my $20 credit email this morning; turned around and immediately preordered Halo Reach.

Awesome sauce![/QUOTE]

Same here (except I ordered spiderman). I love when the credit shows up the day the game does

[quote name='shrike4242']My copy of Metroid: Other M arrived a few minutes ago, and the email about the $20 credit for it arrived an hour earlier.[/QUOTE]

Amazing! :applause:

Well the tracking now for Other M says out for delivery so I should be receiving it tonight. I just hate UPS because everytime they deliver, the packages don't come until around 6pm whereas most other delivery companies will get that shit on my doorstep by noon. I got my hopes up too when I saw a UPS truck parked outside my house about an hour ago but it was for my neighbor. At least I got the credit on time so I put it toward Halo Reach Legendary on top of the $5 magazine credit.

Ordered Metroid in March, should arrive today (although UPS never shows up to my house before 6pm), and already got the $20 credit email.

[quote name='Foosil']anyone know how to appy the credit to an existing order? I didn't get a code in my email[/QUOTE]
There are two basic kinds of credits at Amazon: normal credit and gift card credit. Normal credit is stuff like the video game credit you get from preordering certain games, and there is no easy way to apply that to an existing order. You can email cs and ask them to apply the credit, but they may refuse (I've never done it, but I've heard of people doing this and cs usually complies). Another option is to cancel your order and make a new one, but a lot of times that means losing out on whatever special preorder price you had (like a goldbox price).

With gift card credit (like what you get from trading a game into Amazon) you can bring up your existing order, go to payment options, and apply the credit directly.

[quote name='Foosil']anyone know how to appy the credit to an existing order? I didn't get a code in my email[/QUOTE]
You don't get a code. It automatically applies to your next new order. You can try calling customer service to apply to an existing order, but that's YMMV.

[quote name='Lucian']You don't get a code. It automatically applies to your next new order. You can try calling customer service to apply to an existing order, but that's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Lame I guess I'll just reorder Dead Rising 2 after my copy of Halo Reach is shipped out.

[quote name='iggypop123']i dont see the $10 for dead rising 2.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't show up on the product page for me either, but when I added the 360 standard edition to my cart and went to checkout it said I get a $10 promotional credit. I had DR2 preordered at Newegg for $48, but $56 - $10 future credit = $46, prime release date shipping, and I can use my Metroid $20 credit, I'm cancelling my Newegg order.

[quote name='lilman']It doesn't show up on the product page for me either, but when I added the 360 standard edition to my cart and went to checkout it said I get a $10 promotional credit. I had DR2 preordered at Newegg for $48, but $56 - $10 future credit = $46, prime release date shipping, and I can use my Metroid $20 credit, I'm cancelling my Newegg order.[/QUOTE]
Scroll down to 'Special Offers and Product Promotions", which is right below "Product Features."

just a quick question that's probably been asked before

if i order a regular and limited edition of halo reach, i should be getting two $20 promo credits, right?

[quote name='blackwaltz34']just a quick question that's probably been asked before

if i order a regular and limited edition of halo reach, i should be getting two $20 promo credits, right?[/QUOTE]
Dang, I should've added this one to the FAQs. Folks have said 'Yes' in the past.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']just a quick question that's probably been asked before

if i order a regular and limited edition of halo reach, i should be getting two $20 promo credits, right?[/QUOTE]

I think it's only 1 per game, regardless of platform or version.

So buying COD Black Ops for PS3 and 360 still only gets you 1 gaming credit. In your case, buying the standard and LE versions still only get you 1 $20 credit.

[quote name='Lucian']Scroll down to 'Special Offers and Product Promotions", which is right below "Product Features."[/QUOTE]
You're right, it must of been in that blind spot right in front of my face...

Anyway yeah, $10 credit for Dead Rising 2 standard edition. I would have picked up the CE if it also had a credit since the bonus video sounds interesting, but oh well.

[quote name='major morgan']I think it's only 1 per game, regardless of platform or version.

So buying COD Black Ops for PS3 and 360 still only gets you 1 gaming credit. In your case, buying the standard and LE versions still only get you 1 $20 credit.[/QUOTE]
I believe a few pages back some were saying they received credits for different versions (i.e., hardened vs prestige) of MW2.

i think it's up in the air whether you will receive 1 or 2 credits. i know before as long as they weren't the same sku you got both credits. but the last few months there's been claims where people only got 1 credit and customer service told them they were only eligible for one. so its possible they might have changed their policy this year

[quote name='thenamekianclown']to anyone who has gotten the credit for other m, when does it expire? Thanks in advance.[/quote]
11/30/2010

I didn't get my copy of Metroid today, for some reason they shipped it USPS and it shouldn't arrive tomorrow. I believe I ordered it before it had release date shipping, but I did choose Amazon Prime 2 day shipping so shouldn't I of been upgraded to 2 day shipping automatically?
I may have to email amazon and see if I can get a credit or something.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I didn't get my copy of Metroid today, for some reason they shipped it USPS and it shouldn't arrive tomorrow. I believe I ordered it before it had release date shipping, but I did choose Amazon Prime 2 day shipping so shouldn't I of been upgraded to 2 day shipping automatically?
I may have to email amazon and see if I can get a credit or something.[/QUOTE]

I have Prime and I also ordered Metroid with 2-day shipping before the release day delivery was an option. However, I had to go in and manually change the shipping option to release-date when I found out it was available a couple weeks ago. I don't think they will automatically change that for you (I assume you meant to ask why you weren't upgraded to release date shipping), so you probably got the 2-day shipping.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I didn't get my copy of Metroid today, for some reason they shipped it USPS and it shouldn't arrive tomorrow. I believe I ordered it before it had release date shipping, but I did choose Amazon Prime 2 day shipping so shouldn't I of been upgraded to 2 day shipping automatically?
I may have to email amazon and see if I can get a credit or something.[/QUOTE]
I have prime and originally had 2-day shipping. I ended up manually changing the shipping to release-date this last weekend. I've had Amazon automatically upgrade my shipping to release-date on games before, but they didn't do it for Metroid (for me at least, and apparently you too).

Got an email yesterday saying Metroid M shipped (got release date delivery), got an email this morning saying UPS will be delaying my shipment 1-2 days, got my game in an hour later, got my $20 credit in an hour after that. And I had just placed my order yesterday too.

Go Amazon.

[quote name='emperordahc']If yours doest arrive today, I'd be demanding a $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Didn't come in today so I sent in my angry email. I'm a Prime member so they can't refund me the shipping so we'll see what they give me.

And I'm so pissed at Amazon that someone who just ordered it yesterday received their copy before I did when I pre-ordered in July 2009. Doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='spree4567']Didn't come in today so I sent in my angry email. I'm a Prime member so they can't refund me the shipping so we'll see what they give me.

And I'm so pissed at Amazon that someone who just ordered it yesterday received their copy before I did when I pre-ordered in July 2009. Doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we're in the same situation. I emailed them earlier and they gave me a bs response on how I chose 2 day shipping instead of overnight. I emailed them back that it wasn't available when I preordered it over a year ago and a lot of games I bought from them all upgraded to release date(all the CoD's for example) when I preordered them. Also they shipped it with some company I never heard of called Prestige and it's actually in my area but it won't get here until Sept. 2nd.

[quote name='rust in peace']Looks like we're in the same situation. I emailed them earlier and they gave me a bs response on how I chose 2 day shipping instead of overnight. I emailed them back that it wasn't available when I preordered it over a year ago and a lot of games I bought from them all upgraded to release date(all the CoD's for example) when I preordered them. Also they shipped it with some company I never heard of called Prestige and it's actually in my area but it won't get here until Sept. 2nd.[/QUOTE]
Same here, the rep didn't address the fact that it wasn't upgraded automatically like other orders so I sent them an email back.

I know there was a thread here but I can't seem to find it. Anyone that got the tester codes and then the real $5 promo codes, when do they expire? I remember an email saying something about sept 2nd they expire. It would be great if someone could private message me if they know about expiration on the $5 mag promos. Thanx so much

I preordered Metroid a LONG time ago (I think back in the ECA code days!). I got a shipment notification Monday but interestingly enough it was via USPS and not UPS. All the other stuff I ordered with Prime nearly always comes UPS since that can be 2-day guaranteed whereas USPS might be 2 or more. Tracking showed it was in Phoenix yesterday. It will probably get here tomorrow anyway (so, 2-day regardless but just by chance). I have no idea if I was supposed to get free release date delivery as a Prime member (which I was when I ordered but not any more). If it had that option it wasn't available when I ordered and the way that has worked in the past is they do not auto-upgrade - they just send it 2-day like everything else. I've been told (with other games) that I'd have to cancel and reorder to get the free release day shipping. Since that would mean losing my ECA discount I hardly thought that was worth it ;).

But I did get my $20 promo credit email yesterday so those keep humming along. I hadn't gotten one in a while (I think Lego Harry Potter was the last game I bought that had one). I have no idea what I'll spend it on since I have all the games I want already preordered for the rest of the year. But since it is good till Nov. 30th, I'm sure there will be a chance to use it (on Black Friday, if not some DotD or lightning deal before that).

[quote name='mindsale']I chose Free Super Saver Shipping... Says it won't ship until September 7th. Uhh. Awesome?[/QUOTE]

same...if i buy from walmart today and return the amazon copy to walmart come next week when amazon finally gets around to shipping it, will I run into any issues?

I get a game early (on time?), walmart sells and then gets back an unopened game.

win-draw situation.

[quote name='rust in peace']Looks like we're in the same situation. I emailed them earlier and they gave me a bs response on how I chose 2 day shipping instead of overnight. I emailed them back that it wasn't available when I preordered it over a year ago and a lot of games I bought from them all upgraded to release date(all the CoD's for example) when I preordered them. Also they shipped it with some company I never heard of called Prestige and it's actually in my area but it won't get here until Sept. 2nd.[/QUOTE]

I just got a response from customer service after I sent them an angry email about how I have Prime largely in part for release date delivery but still didn't get the game to me on release date and also how people who just ordered it in the past week got their copy of the game but I didn't even though I pre-ordered over a year ago. [quote name='Amazon']Hello,

I'm sorry to learn that you haven't received your shipment yet.

From your message, I understand that you chose the Release-Date Delivery option for this order.

I've checked your order for Metroid: Other M and verified that you chose the Release-Date Delivery shipping option and your Estimated Delivery Date is September 1.

In my experience, I think you'll see your order soon before the Estimated Delivery Date on August 31. Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7pm, so please allow sufficient time for the delivery.

When we offer an item for Release-Date Delivery, we need to be extra careful in working with our shippers to honor the release date restrictions specified by the product vendors. Sometimes this requires us to process orders outside of our normal procedures, which may result in less detailed tracking information displayed in Your Account.

Carriers tend to only update tracking information once daily, and orders are often already scheduled for delivery by the time tracking information becomes available.

If the order arrives too late for your needs, we'll refund you for this duplicate order if you'd like to return it. You can either refuse the package when it arrives or visit our online Returns Center to print a return mailing label:

http://www.amazon.com/returns

If you don't want to automatically renew your Amazon Prime benefits when your membership expires, click "Your Account" at the top of our home page and go to the Settings section. There, click "Manage Prime Membership" and sign into your account if prompted. From there, click the "Do not renew" button.

I hope this information was helpful. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Now keep in mind it's currently about 11:30 PM EST on release date. Even if I lived on the west coast it'd be 8:30 PM, too late for any chance of the game showing up on the release date. I don't get how they could tell me this unless there's a massive delay between the time they create the response and when it gets sent out.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon in the past, but this is crap. All they basically did was tell me how to return it and tell me how to not renew Prime. They didn't solve my problem at all.

I ordered Metroid Other M over a month ago with release day delivery. As of 9:57 PM Central Time, my package is in Tulsa, OK. I am in Wisconsin, 780 miles away. Maybe if they didn't ship it out at 9:04 PM last night and maybe yesterday morning, I would have my game on the day that I chose. Customer service probably won't do anything about it. Ugh.

[quote name='spree4567']I just got a response from customer service after I sent them an angry email about how I have Prime largely in part for release date delivery but still didn't get the game to me on release date and also how people who just ordered it in the past week got their copy of the game but I didn't even though I pre-ordered over a year ago.

Now keep in mind it's currently about 11:30 PM EST on release date. Even if I lived on the west coast it'd be 8:30 PM, too late for any chance of the game showing up on the release date. I don't get how they could tell me this unless there's a massive delay between the time they create the response and when it gets sent out.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon in the past, but this is crap. All they basically did was tell me how to return it and tell me how to not renew Prime. They didn't solve my problem at all.[/QUOTE]

Mine just got billed today as well, which is different. I love how if I log in, it shows Scheduled Delivery: August 31-August 31. It's now 12:07 and nothing arrived. I guess if I get it very early in the morning, they can say it was still 8/31 in like Hawaii.

I'd say be persistant with Amazon Customer Service. I think in their email responses you can click "Did this solve your problem?" toward the bottom and choose No, at which time you can respond again and hopefully someone else can help you all out.

I e-mailed customer service explaining that I ordered this item within July and will not receive it until the day after release, despite the advertised release day delivery. And yet I have friends who ordered on Sunday and now have the game.

I asked how Amazon determines order priority, since I am a paying Prime customer.

Customer Service responded with a long drawn out answer about inventory but ultimately confirmed what I already knew--that it's arriving Sept. 1. They never addressed my order priority question.

So I'll be clicking "no, this didn't answer my question." Not to get too tinfoil hat here, but I sometimes feel like non-Prime members are given preference in situations where early delivery applies to all. After all, they already have my money, right?

And cheapass or not, it's entirely reasonable for Amazon to offer some kind of credit for not fulfilling their advertised promises. There's a price difference between 1-day and 2-day shipping, so they certainly understand that there's value there--and I lived up to my end of the bargain.

$20 credit for Castlevania standard and limited Xbox/PS3. Sorry SHC.

I keep trying to put the link up but it's screwing up for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
My metroid is arriving today even though I had release day delivery. I emailed amazon and they gave me an additional five dollars promo certificate. So I got $25 for metroid.

[quote name='brewranger']same...if i buy from walmart today and return the amazon copy to walmart come next week when amazon finally gets around to shipping it, will I run into any issues?

I get a game early (on time?), walmart sells and then gets back an unopened game.

win-draw situation.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the exact same thing. It sucks I'm taking something out of their inventory for 10 days (or however long until it's shipped), but it's still an unopened game with plenty of time to sell during the holidays.

I don't know if I'll go through the hassle with customer service, but it's true that one reason for me buying Prime is knowing I'll get some games on release date. Other M is my first experience since paying for Prime and they didn't deliver on time. That's annoying.

[quote name='Hardware']I don't know if I'll go through the hassle with customer service, but it's true that one reason for me buying Prime is knowing I'll get some games on release date. Other M is my first experience since paying for Prime and they didn't deliver on time. That's annoying.[/QUOTE]
Only one game late isn't too bad. I've had at least three in the past year show up a day or more late when using prime release-date delivery. I had one game get lost for months (they overnighted me a replacement the next day, but I got an email months later when the package was found). If it's Amazon's fault then I request some from of compensation (I think they've given me $5 credits before, but can't remember for sure), but if it was the shipping company's fault then all you can do is report the problem.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$20 credit for Castlevania standard and limited Xbox/PS3. Sorry SHC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll preorder this once I choose which version I want.

bread's done
Back