Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']Went ahead with gears 3 preorder, like fire thief said, get that in before they take it away -_-

Also tempted on the Arcania 4, played the 360 demo of it, looks god awful but was fun.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge console gamer, but the Gothic series is best played on PC. The developer has huge issues with optimizing their games, even on PC since they recommend a freakin core i7 for Gothic 4, and their console ports usually run like complete garbage (like Risen).

I would take advantage of this, but since it's by far best played on PC, it's relegated to a Steam only purchase for me. I did go ahead and preorder Gears 3 though. I don't usually preorder games that far away, but I'm not running into another Black Ops situation with Amazon.

Just ordered Gears of War 3 with the $20 credit from Halo Reach. $39.99 and release day delivery with prime. Also will get an additional $20 video game credit. Amazon is great. Too bad they took away the Black Ops credit, would have ordered that too.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']I am a huge console gamer, but the Gothic series is best played on PC. The developer has huge issues with optimizing their games, even on PC since they recommend a freakin core i7 for Gothic 4, and their console ports usually run like complete garbage (like Risen).

I would take advantage of this, but since it's by far best played on PC, it's relegated to a Steam only purchase for me. I did go ahead and preorder Gears 3 though. I don't usually preorder games that far away, but I'm not running into another Black Ops situation with Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I know they look way better on a pc, but I don't think my current pc could do these games justice anyway. I plan on upgrading pc's later but feel like playing these games on consoles. I might pick it up now, then wait for the pc one to drop in price and get it later on. Just picked up Risen for the 360 because it had dropped to $20 at Gamestop as well.

[quote name='Techsticles']Buy another one and return the unopened items as your original order.[/QUOTE]

Eh, never mind - I misread it and thought it was the $100 bundle (with a game) + 1 additional game. It is actually the $100 bundle + TWO additional games. That pretty much sucks. Besides EyePet there wasn't another game I wanted at full price (I'll pick up the party game when it is dirt cheap used at GS). So you have to spend $180 to get the $25 future game credit back... I'll stick with my $50 + $40 order for the controller + EyePet and wait for a deal on just the Sports Champions bundle.

I just looked at the GOW3 on amazon and it doesn't list the credit for me? Think it's already gone or just not showing up for me for some reason?

[quote name='Joker13z']I just looked at the GOW3 on amazon and it doesn't list the credit for me? Think it's already gone or just not showing up for me for some reason?[/QUOTE]

Did you check in the "Special Offers and Productions Promotions" section lower on the product page (credits don't always show in that box at the top)? It is still showing up for me.

I went ahead and ordered GOW3 with my Reach credit in case they decide to randomly remove the credit.

[quote name='Xealot42']Did you check in the "Special Offers and Productions Promotions" section lower on the product page (credits don't always show in that box at the top)? It is still showing up for me.

I went ahead and ordered GOW3 with my Reach credit in case they decide to randomly remove the credit.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok I see it now. I'm just used to seeing the box near the top like you said. Thanks a bunch.

Well I'm running out of my amazon gift card balance but I got 30 bucks ready to put into there. But these are great deals. I'll probably put in a preorder for GeOW 3 over at walmart instead though because Black Ops didn't release yet, meaning I didn't get the credit yet and I have a $20 GC from Hot Pursuit. But I agree, the Move deal is bad. If I wanted Move, I'd rather take the 15-20 minute trip to Kmart.

Was going to use the "20Down" code on the Gamestop website this morning for Castlevania, DR 2, Fallout NV, and MoH until I found out you can't use it on preorders.

So I cancelled my previous GS order and got everything at Amazon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Two Worlds II also has a $10 credit (PS3/Xbox/PC). Does this really release on October 5th? I haven't heard crap about it.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. You won't hear much about it because it's a western rpg from someone other than Bioware and Bethesda (the first one being horrible doesn't help). I have it preordered, but I feel like I'm taking a huge chance even though it looks and runs 100000000 times better than 1 did.

[quote name='NickNotch']We need to get Amazon to price match walmart.com's $20 credit for Medal of Honor![/QUOTE]
I've submitted 'found a lower price' already, but it still stands at only a $10 credit. Grrrr!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Will probably use my amazon credit to preorder Fallout: New Vegas. Wish it was a 20 dollar credit though[/QUOTE]
this x100

Out of curiosity, with the Black Ops preorder, I already preordered it in July to get my $20 credit from it. Now that they have changed it to the "Laser cell" thing, will I get that as well, or does that only apply to new orders?

preordered fable 3, using 50 in amazon credit, 9.96 total, free release date delivery, and the 20 in credit is already reserved for gran turismo 5 with the rest coming from my mafia 2 trade in, whenever they post that to my account

for you guys asking about the laser cell, i personally think you WON'T get it, because this offer makes no mention of being applied to previous pre orders. it's like the first time i think i've seen amazon have that clause

Are these actually Gift Cards now? It used to be just e-credit that I had to spend in 3 months or I lose it. I didn't realize the 3 month limit and so I lost my $20 from buying MW2 a year ago. The last one I got was a gift card and they sent me an email. That was a few months ago. The Fallout NV one will be a real gift card right?

well, i'm glad amazon finally decided to offer a deal for the move bundle. too bad it's not as good as kmart's deal. i much rather would have bought from amazon than from kmart, but i'm going to go with whoever has the best deal.

[quote name='Moravagine']Anyone have a screen capture from back when Amazon was offering the $20 credit for Black Ops? Preferably 360 version.[/QUOTE]
Yea why did they stop the $20 deal, I was gonna preorder:cry:

[quote name='ShockandAww']Two Worlds II also has a $10 credit (PS3/Xbox/PC). Does this really release on October 5th? I haven't heard crap about it.[/QUOTE]

very doubtful according to the things i've been reading,it will probably be pushed back to the end of october if not later.wouldn't be surprised if it was early next year even :(

arcania 4 looks pretty good to tide me over till then and amazon has a ten dollar credit for the 360 version.

[quote name='demond dave']very doubtful according to the things i've been reading,it will probably be pushed back to the end of october if not later.wouldn't be surprised if it was early next year even :(

arcania 4 looks pretty good to tide me over till then and amazon has a ten dollar credit for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
If thats true they need to hurry up and say it cause I'll grab arcania 4 for now and would like to get it with credit if Two Worlds 2 gets delayed.

:( no more call of duty 20 credit but yet Castlevania gets it :p

with my Halo,Metroid credit, about $20 spent for Dead Rising 2 :D and an extra $10 credit

love amazon, plus that $39.25 for Madden 11 was so great

So I ordered Gears 3 a few months ago. Will I still get the credit? I dont really want to reorder it because it was in my gold box when I ordered it before.

[quote name='genfuyung']So I ordered Gears 3 a few months ago. Will I still get the credit? I dont really want to reorder it because it was in my gold box when I ordered it before.[/QUOTE]

"Order this game and get $20 off a future purchase from the Amazon Video Games store. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add an item from the Amazon Video Games store sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer."

[quote name='doooork']sorry to ask, but where do you see how many credits you have in your account?[/QUOTE]

You can either go halfway through the checkout process and see or go to an mp3 download and look in the right corner under the button that says "buy MP3 album with one click" theres a link that says "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance".

so i ordered Black Ops a while ago and I figure I still get the 20$ credit even though they dont offer it anymore....but my question is that I want to apply the 20$ from halo towards it, but I dont want to cancel the order and rebuy it and apply the halo credit. Is there any way that I can apply the credit without redoing the order?

[quote name='NegativeZero']anyone know the likeliness of Borderlands GOTY getting a credit?

what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I would say not very likely since it's a re-release. I'd never say never though.

[quote name='poopmastr7']so i ordered Black Ops a while ago and I figure I still get the 20$ credit even though they dont offer it anymore....but my question is that I want to apply the 20$ from halo towards it, but I dont want to cancel the order and rebuy it and apply the halo credit. Is there any way that I can apply the credit without redoing the order?[/QUOTE]
Contact Amazon CS and ask them.

I'm still waiting for Amazon to PM Walmart and their $20 GB bonus for Medal of Honor. In the past, Amazon would have PM'd within 2-3 hours. It's been a few days and I'm starting to think they won't. :bomb:

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm still waiting for Amazon to PM Walmart and their $20 GB bonus for Medal of Honor. In the past, Amazon would have PM'd within 2-3 hours. It's been a few days and I'm starting to think they won't. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
It's been weeks since Walmart made it $20. I'm hoping, too, but I don't see it happening with it releasing in what, 2 weeks?

Lol at Gears3.

The big budget (and usually the best) games are the cheapest at launch.

It also has release date delivery for $0.99 already enabled.

bread's done
Back