Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, did you all find the game "Enslaved" to be fun ? I tried the demo and it was god awful. The jumping over the platform part made the main character look all jerky or something. idk though, thats just my opinion.

Anyone contemplating buying the new Castlevania for $59.99 (sans the $20 GC) should have their CAG card revoked immediately. This thing will be $30 by Christmas.

[quote name='heybtbm']Anyone contemplating buying the new Castlevania for $59.99 (sans the $20 GC) should have their CAG card revoked immediately. This thing will be $30 by Christmas.[/QUOTE]

+1

well maybe not $30 but until I try a demo its not worth it ;)

[quote name='heybtbm']Anyone contemplating buying the new Castlevania for $59.99 (sans the $20 GC) should have their CAG card revoked immediately. This thing will be $30 by Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Not with the reviews it's getting; I'd be shocked if it dropped below $45 TBH.

[quote name='Jodou']Not with the reviews it's getting; I'd be shocked if it dropped below $45 TBH.[/QUOTE]5 reviews from Metacritic does not mean it'll stay in the high 80's for reviews.

Dammit, I was waiting on some trades to show up so I could pre-order Castlevania with that credit. Guess it's time to start making use of the Gamestop credit I have.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Didn't see this posted, but they added the $20 credit to the Fable 3 limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Woo! About time. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Anyone got their DR2 credit yet?[/QUOTE]
Not me, nor have I received the avatar clothes bonus codes either.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Didn't see this posted, but they added the $20 credit to the Fable 3 limited edition.[/QUOTE]
FINALLY. Looks like we can expect the Villager codes around the 16th as well!

Also, Front Mission Evolved can be taken down. Guess that got missed from my last post.

[quote name='shrike4242']5 reviews from Metacritic does not mean it'll stay in the high 80's for reviews.[/QUOTE]

And Gamespot gave it a 75%, so average score probably will go down mid to low 80s by the time the bulk of reviews are out.

thank you jesus christ.. bout fucking time.. i mean customers have been complaining about it for a while now on the amazon boards

I'll still get my Castlevania credit, right? I did preorder it when it was active. But I checked the order summary just now and I don't see any mention of it.

It appears like it will be a decent seller. I'm sure somewhere will have it on sale for $40 before xmas, either deal of the day or Black Friday. I don't think it is headed to the bargain bin anytime soon.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'll still get my Castlevania credit, right? I did preorder it when it was active. But I checked the order summary just now and I don't see any mention of it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, if in the off chance you don't get it just email them. I haven't heard of anyone losing a credit when they were entitled to it.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'll still get my Castlevania credit, right? I did preorder it when it was active. But I checked the order summary just now and I don't see any mention of it.[/QUOTE]If you have "Promotion Applied: -$0.00" in your order information, you're fine.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']What a kick in the nuts, first it was Black Ops and now Castlevania. I waited all day to get Dead Rising 2's credit to put on this and they take it down. Has anyone got their DR2 credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, also wanted to use my DR2 credit for this. Bummer. I have not received my credit or the XBLA avatar codes yet, btw.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you have "Promotion Applied: -$0.00" in your order information, you're fine.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Castlevania months ago by having it added to an old ECA order; unfortunately I've had mostly poor results actually receiving Amazon promotional credit on anything I ordered that way. I've always just emailed and eventually received the credit but I'm slightly worried now that Amazon is actually pulling credits on games... so I started taking screen captures of every promotional offer in case I get into a dispute with a CSR.

[quote name='Moravagine']I pre-ordered Castlevania months ago by having it added to an old ECA order; unfortunately I've had most poor results actually receiving Amazon promotional credit on anything I ordered that way. I've always just emailed and eventually received the credit but I'm slightly worried now that Amazon is actually pulling credits on games... so I started taking screen captures of every promotional offer in case I get into a dispute with a CSR.[/QUOTE]That's what one CSR told me about it showing up on a standalone order, if it has the "Promotion Applied: -$0.00", it's tagged in their system for any ordering promo credits. If it's an item added to an existing order, that's a different matter, yes.

Man, I hate Amazon for removing all their $20 promotions lately. Just saw the most recent trailer for Castlevania and I was SO in.

I guess the moral of the story is: pre-order early, and cancel if something better comes along.

Guess we'll wait for someone else to come to the rescue, or wait for it Used, eh?

I hope you guys that are bummed about the no $20 off do realize that Kmart is giving out $20 off coupons with Castlevania, and that practically all the new releases this year have at least a $20 off coupon with them. I've been chaining like crazy since July, saving so much more than I would've with Amazon.

Sorry if this question has been answered already but if I place a pre-order using an existing $20 promo credit I already have, and then decide to cancel that preorder, will I get that $20 credit back assuming it has not yet passed the expiry date?

[quote name='ass-assassin']Sorry if this question has been answered already but if I place a pre-order using an existing $20 promo credit I already have, and then decide to cancel that preorder, will I get that $20 credit back assuming it has not yet passed the expiry date?[/QUOTE]You should, yes. I haven't done it myself recently, so I can't say from personal experience.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']I hope you guys that are bummed about the no $20 off do realize that Kmart is giving out $20 off coupons with Castlevania, and that practically all the new releases this year have at least a $20 off coupon with them. I've been chaining like crazy since July, saving so much more than I would've with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Is kmart doing that online?

I've canceled a lot of pre-orders from Amazon just to go with KMart's awesome deals. I just click 'cancel' and say I got it cheaper at from KMart.

[quote name='segaplayer']Medal of Honor - $20 dollar credit. FINALLY!!! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-L...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285794576&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-L..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07ZSPW2S3XYMKH742CJA[/QUOTE]

Be extremely careful. When checking out with the PS3 version, it still lists that you've qualified for $10 GC....not $20. Not to mention the PS3 version isn't normally listed in their search. Goddamnit Amazon...get your shit together already. :bomb:

EDIT: I've sent Amazon an email concerning the PS3 version not being listed and both versions still displaying the $10 GC bonus during checkout. Hopefully these get fixed soon...preferably before they decide to remove the bonus itself.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']I hope you guys that are bummed about the no $20 off do realize that Kmart is giving out $20 off coupons with Castlevania, and that practically all the new releases this year have at least a $20 off coupon with them. I've been chaining like crazy since July, saving so much more than I would've with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

How is kmart with there shipping and do they charge tax for there orders?

[quote name='jsmoove05']How is kmart with there shipping and do they charge tax for there orders?[/QUOTE]

Lords of Shadow is the only game they're doing the deal online for, not sure on shipping so you may have to check the website. And I'm pretty sure they charge tax online. I've always gone in-store as that's the best way to cash in on the deals. Basically if you don't have a Kmart nearby then it may not be the best deal for you.

[quote name='jsmoove05']has anyone received there Dead Rising 2 avatar item code?[/QUOTE]

Received the $10 code but did not get the avatar item code. They sure do like to take their time with these codes. I just got the Kane and Lynch code a few days ago from amazon.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Received the $10 code but did not get the avatar item code. They sure do like to take their time with these codes. I just got the Kane and Lynch code a few days ago from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ya i received the 10 but not the avatar code. Im realy enjoying the game its alot of fun.

[quote name='segaplayer']Medal of Honor - $20 dollar credit. FINALLY!!! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-L...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285794576&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-L..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07ZSPW2S3XYMKH742CJA[/QUOTE]

Excellent, was waiting on this!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Lords of Shadow is the only game they're doing the deal online for, not sure on shipping so you may have to check the website. And I'm pretty sure they charge tax online. I've always gone in-store as that's the best way to cash in on the deals. Basically if you don't have a Kmart nearby then it may not be the best deal for you.[/QUOTE]

KMart shipping is $2.99, and they do, of course, charge tax to any state there's a KMart, which I imagine is every state.

Closest one to me is a 30 minute drive, sans traffic. Of course, buying into KMart means going back there again and again, which I'm not a huge fan of...here's hoping Target, BB, TRU or someone else comes up with a deal, or Amazon sees the error of its ways.

THere's a lot of things that are going in the wrong direction in the gaming industry....but this is not one of them. Amazon is a fantastic place to buy games from.

Praise aside, here's a question about the MOH credit that was just added....

So if I preorder this now, it will utilize my credit from Amazon (I have 45 thanks to their screwup with my Reach order). If I decided to cancel that order, will my credit be refunded since it never actually charged my card or will it just disappear by some weird policy that Amazon has? I never have gotten a straight answer out of Amazon support.

I'm interested in this game and plan on downloading the beta on monday and would preorder then but I don't want to miss out on the 20 dollars like I did with COD BO

Hey, I could've sworn on any amount of money that castlevania: LoS had a $20 gaming credit, I went ahead and ordered. Not seeing it now, is it still active?

Does anyone know the best place to get Naruto Shiuppuden Ultimate Ninja 2? I don't know of anywhere with any credit for it yet. I'll have $55 dollars in gamestop credit in a couple days, but I don't want to spend any extra cash for it at gamestop so I'll probably sell the credit on ebay for paypal. I should be getting a $10 off $50 coupon from newegg soon too.

Still have not received my $10 credit for Dead Rising 2, I'm getting tired of having to email Amazon and ask for my credits. Anyone else still waiting on DR2'S credit?

bread's done
Back