Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm converting to K-Mart. There is one just 4 miles down my street. Sorry, Amazon. Step it up or the little blue light will become my best friend.

KMart is definitely doing the right things to become relevant again. Unforunately, the only on around me anymore is a decent amount away. Amazon is just the bomb though. 99 cent release date delivery, no tax, and usually at least a ten dollar credit towards the next one.... I

[quote name='kitkatjam23']KMart is definitely doing the right things to become relevant again. Unforunately, the only on around me anymore is a decent amount away. Amazon is just the bomb though. 99 cent release date delivery, no tax, and usually at least a ten dollar credit towards the next one.... I

I don't know what the deal is with Amazon with regards to Dead Rising 2. I preordered well in advance(November 2009, yes 2009, for those interested) and did not recieve the credit nor the preorder bonus. I've been told numerous things from "You already recieved it" to "I've researched the deal and you are not eligible since you did not order between August 26-November 2." From what I recall, the credit was offered starting August 26th 2010. I also seem to recall it stating that existing preorders qualify. I'm getting nowhere with customer service. I try to be calm and clear and give them all the information they would need and I simply get replies with no care to what I've said. I know some have had luck getting the credit, any ideas on what I should say?

Also, I know the offer states existing preorders qualify but does this mean I have to cancel my Medal of Honor Preorder to get the $20 credit? When I preordered it was a $10 credit. I've tried asking them but they have not yet replied. I'd hate to wait and have them remove the $20 offer in the meantime. Any advice?

Up until Dead Rising 2, I've not had an issue. If I didn't get a credit I'd just email them and have the credit in minutes. I'm on my third email to them about DR2 already. Told a different thing each time. Hell, I preordered the new Guitar Hero and they ended up giving me some $5 off bonus that I never knew existed and occured sometime after I preordered.

[quote name='Foosil']Has anyone gotten their dead rising dlc code?[/QUOTE]

thats what i want to know too, i havent got mine yet. i might give amazon a heads up.

sucks that they took out the $20 bonus credit for castlevania, after playing the demo, i want it now.

reading that $10- $20 shift in bonus credit for medal of honor, i just placed an order for that. Beta was alright and i need a shooter.

for those that haven't gotten their Dead Rising $10 credit, mine was there but it didnt show on my balance, i had to buy something for it to show up.

Does anyone who preordered Metroid Other M remember when the promotional credit expires? It feels like it should be soon but I can't seem to find my email with the date.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Does anyone who preordered Metroid Other M remember when the promotional credit expires? It feels like it should be soon but I can't seem to find my email with the date.[/QUOTE]
My email says November 30.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Castlevania credit expires 12/31/2010
Got it this morning[/QUOTE]
Got the email this morning as well, same expiration date.

Still no Dead Rising 2 $10 credit or avatar code. I'm pretty surprised that Amazon customer service is so poor for me this time around. Last week, they said I'd have an answer by yesterday, and no news.

I sure hope this is a one-time exception...

[quote name='Lucian']Still no Dead Rising 2 $10 credit or avatar code. I'm pretty surprised that Amazon customer service is so poor for me this time around. Last week, they said I'd have an answer by yesterday, and no news.

I sure hope this is a one-time exception...[/QUOTE]

Call em up, that's what I did when I did not receive my credit. Received an email for the theme (PS3) but not the credit so I contacted them and they helped me out. It's quick and easy.

I haven't got the $20 credit for castlevania yet but for halo reach i had got it just as fast as you guys. Should i go ahead and email them now?

Got my Castlevania credit...but still no reply to my latest email regarding Dead Rising 2. Been over 24 hours. I really wanted to avoid having them call me...sigh.

panasonic,
I'd wait until Thursday to email. They''l likely just tell you to wait two business days before emailing if you contact them now.

[quote name='panasonic']I haven't got the $20 credit for castlevania yet but for halo reach i had got it just as fast as you guys. Should i go ahead and email them now?[/QUOTE]

They will likely just tell you that the terms of the promotion state that you will receive the credit within two business days of your item shipping.

I haven't received my Castlevania credit but noticed this in my shipment confirmation email: "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."

So, while they recognized that my order qualified for the promotional credit, the amount is unfortunately incorrect.

I've had to email them about these promotional credits almost every time lately but it has always worked out in the end - last time they simply refunded my CC $20 for Halo: Reach.

Crap! UPS truck just went by and didn't stop with my castlevania. Check tracking and says package delayed due to mechanical error. What the hell. This is my first release date delivery order with Amazon, certainly won't rely on it in the future.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Call em up, that's what I did when I did not receive my credit. Received an email for the theme (PS3) but not the credit so I contacted them and they helped me out. It's quick and easy.[/QUOTE]
I don't like arguing with Amazon while at work, though I agree their call me feature is usually pretty good.

Fortunately, I just got my Castlevania credit. So at least that one's not going to be a problem.

Hey guys, has anyone gotten any luck lately having Amazon add gaming credit to an existing preorder? I tried and they told me since my preorder took place before I received the credit, they'd be unable to add the credits. I can't reorder because I locked in the price 10.00 lower than what it is now.

[quote name='Lucian']Still no Dead Rising 2 $10 credit or avatar code. I'm pretty surprised that Amazon customer service is so poor for me this time around. Last week, they said I'd have an answer by yesterday, and no news.

I sure hope this is a one-time exception...[/QUOTE]

I got a reply telling me that I should wait till today and that if I don't get it to contact them again. :/

I recieved my Castlevania credit but I also recieved an email stating that my release data delivery has been put on hold. So now my ETA is within the next 5 days.

Wow, this is bull. I received an email stating that they had applied the $20 credit from Castlevania. I checked the site and my credit balance is $0.00. I already had a previous $20 credit, so I should have $40. Now I have NOTHING. Instead of giving me $20, they removed $20.

What. The. Crap.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey guys, has anyone gotten any luck lately having Amazon add gaming credit to an existing preorder? I tried and they told me since my preorder took place before I received the credit, they'd be unable to add the credits. I can't reorder because I locked in the price 10.00 lower than what it is now.[/QUOTE]

I received my $20 Castlevania credit today and immediately emailed them back asking if they could apply it to my existing COD:BO preorder (which I placed several months ago). They did it the same day with no problem.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']Wow, this is bull. I received an email stating that they had applied the $20 credit from Castlevania. I checked the site and my credit balance is $0.00. I already had a previous $20 credit, so I should have $40. Now I have NOTHING. Instead of giving me $20, they removed $20.

What. The. Crap.[/QUOTE]

How are you checking your video game credit balance? I usually put an eligible item in my cart and proceed to the last page before purchasing or use the "view balance" link on any mp3 page.

[quote name='Sway']How are you checking your video game credit balance? I usually put an eligible item in my cart and proceed to the last page before purchasing or use the "view balance" link on any mp3 page.[/QUOTE]

Both. I checked through an MP3 page and when I saw "$0.00" I tried adding a game to my cart, which confirmed it.

Well, I waited till the 5th(today) and didn't receive my credit for Dead Rising 2, so I emailed them was told I'd be receiving credit soon(doubt it, will probably have to write back again), dont know why they couldnt just add the credit directly into my account instead of making me wait even longer. But they mentioned the Avatar items from Dead Rising 2 have been delayed and to write back in 7 days if I haven't received them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Well, I waited till the 5th(today) and didn't receive my credit for Dead Rising 2, so I emailed them was told I'd be receiving credit soon(doubt it, will probably have to write back again), dont know why they couldnt just add the credit directly into my account instead of making me wait even longer. But they mentioned the Avatar items from Dead Rising 2 have been delayed and to write back in 7 days if I haven't received them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have yet to receive the $10 credit as well for Dead Rising 2. I think its because I pre-ordered so long ago, and that $10 was added so late in the game. That usually gives me problems with this stuff.

Anyways, I wrote them and they said it was already in my account. BULLCRAP to that! I keep record of what I have PLUS I never even received the email telling me I have received credit which I ALWAYS GET with these things. So I opened up a chat with their customer service and the guy told me he would email me back in an hour.

Here is where I stand:

Madden 2011 - $20
Metroid: Other M - $20
Mafia II - $10
Halo: Reach - $20

$70 total

I spent $30 preordering the new God of War for PSP for $30, which leaves me with $40 leftover.

I still stand at $40 when I try to check out with a game. I KNOW I have not received that credit and they are telling me its already in there?

It irks me I have to go through all this trouble half the time for this stuff.

I'm so pissed one of my promotional credits (from a gaming magazine purchase) expired. If there was an indication about when it'd expire, I would have kept that in mind. I was just waiting for right time to use it.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm so pissed one of my promotional credits (from a gaming magazine purchase) expired. If there was an indication about when it'd expire, I would have kept that in mind. I was just waiting for right time to use it.[/QUOTE]
speaking of credits and expiring

these credits you receive from video game purchases only last 3 months right?
i have lbp2 to use my future MoH credit on and dont want to lose it

Just a heads up, anyone who pre-ordered NBA 2K11 for Xbox 360 should get it for the price of $54.03 since their pre-order price guarantee covers price drops on release day and that's the current Amazon price. It's supposed to be automatic if you used a credit card but we all know it doesn't always work that way.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm so pissed one of my promotional credits (from a gaming magazine purchase) expired. If there was an indication about when it'd expire, I would have kept that in mind. I was just waiting for right time to use it.[/QUOTE]

I know it is expired but what magazine did it come from ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I know it is expired but what magazine did it come from ?[/QUOTE]
The credit didn't come directly from purchasing a magazine. It was related to a mistake of some sort regarding an e-mail they had sent to people who had purchased a subscription to one of the magazines. The Official Xbox Magazine, for me.

If anyone cares I got it sorted out.

I called customer service and the lady claimed the $40 credit was in fact in my account, but for some reason wasn't showing on my end. Just to be safe I had her put it all into my existing Fallout: New Vegas CE preorder, and since I already had $40 credit sunk into it I'm effectively getting it for free.

Gotta love Amazon and their game credit.

FYI... The balance shown on MP3 download pages doesn't seem to be working 100%. Earlier, after I got my Castlevania credit, it was NOT showing on the MP3 balance check, but did in fact apply when I check out with an item. Confuse much?

Also, customer service came through with the $10 Dead Rising 2 credit without me needing to call, but they are still not able to send the avatar code, so I don't know what's up with that.

Seems the DR2 avatar outfit codes are delayed from what I was told, but they are working on getting them sent out to everyone. Still trying to get my $10 credit as well.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Seems the DR2 avatar outfit codes are delayed from what I was told, but they are working on getting them sent out to everyone. Still trying to get my $10 credit as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wth is with them not giving up the credit on this. I sent an email last week and was told to wait till today to see if I received it if not send another email. Well I sent it today got a reply saying I'd get an email soon saying I have my $10 credit. Well I dont have the credit and never got an email. Not sure why they just don't just put the credit in it right away.

I emailed Amazon today telling them that I waited the 3-5 business days for my DR2 credit and they gave me a $10 general Amazon credit. I mentioned the avatar stuff but they didn't respond to that.

[quote name='avalanche4']I emailed Amazon today telling them that I waited the 3-5 business days for my DR2 credit and they gave me a $10 general Amazon credit. I mentioned the avatar stuff but they didn't respond to that.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty much in the same situation but reversed, in that they mentioned the avatar stuff was delayed but didn't say anything about my credit when I had asked. I sent another (more lengthy) e-mail right after that asking why they ignored that part, and I was told I should have my credit and avatar codes by Oct 10th. They also gave me a $5 general credit for my trouble.

I've never had any trouble with the gaming promo credits before; I don't know why the DR2 promotion seems so messed up for everyone.

bread's done
Back