Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they took it away for Fable III. I think I remember them advertising it, but when I go to the product page there's only the regular 1-day and 2-day delivery options now.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Is it in an order with other games?[/QUOTE]

no it was a stand alone order :cry::cry:

I guess they removed it , I am going to try to contact amazon support anyways :D

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']no it was a stand alone order :cry::cry:

I guess they removed it , I am going to try to contact amazon support anyways :D[/QUOTE]

They must have just removed it then. I made an order for the Collector's Edition just a few hours ago and got it. Just in time it appears!

If they just removed release day delivery for Fable 3, will my preorder for the Collector's Edition still get release day since I ordered weeks ago?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']If they just removed release day delivery for Fable 3, will my preorder for the Collector's Edition still get release day since I ordered weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='gamewizardx']Anyone not gotten there $20 Castlevania credit? I ordered the game last year around this time.[/QUOTE]

Yet to receive mine. Going to fire off an email tomorrow if this remains the case.

[quote name='Lucian']FYI... The balance shown on MP3 download pages doesn't seem to be working 100%. Earlier, after I got my Castlevania credit, it was NOT showing on the MP3 balance check, but did in fact apply when I check out with an item. Confuse much?[/QUOTE]
The MP3 download pages only show credits that are applicable to downloadable mp3, kindle, VOD and video game/software. Some gaming credits they give out do not work on game downloads, and those would not show up in the MP3 balance check.

In other to be sure, you'll have to check out a game product until the page where it shows you how much credits you got.

Umm, hooray?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Price on order date: $59.99
Price charged at shipping: $59.99
Lowest price before release date: $59.13
Amount to be refunded: $0.86
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.86

[quote name='eau']The MP3 download pages only show credits that are applicable to downloadable mp3, kindle, VOD and video game/software. Some gaming credits they give out do not work on game downloads, and those would not show up in the MP3 balance check.

In other to be sure, you'll have to check out a game product until the page where it shows you how much credits you got.[/QUOTE]
Could be, but I thought all of my credits showed up their before. Having to go to checkout to check for promotional credit is annoying. thanks for the info.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Umm, hooray?

Total Savings: $0.86[/QUOTE]

And you threw a party didnt you Jack?

jacknicholson.jpg

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Seems the DR2 avatar outfit codes are delayed from what I was told, but they are working on getting them sent out to everyone. Still trying to get my $10 credit as well.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them again yesterday about it and they didn't tell me that. Thanks for the update. I don't know why Amazon is so bad with these pre-order codes ( it's happened to me multiple times now ). At least I got $10 for my troubles.

Hmmm, just got a 2nd $10 dollar game credit from amazon for Dead Rising 2. I guess they got so much bad feedback on people who didn't receive it they just issued it to everyone again.

[quote name='mitnosi']Hmmm, just got a 2nd $10 dollar game credit from amazon for Dead Rising 2. I guess they got so much bad feedback on people who didn't receive it they just issued it to everyone again.[/QUOTE]

I only got one, but this was the latest response from Amazon after I shot a 2nd email to them this morning:

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the delay in delivering your pre-order code for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits. We're working to send these codes out as soon as possible. You'll receive an e-mail with the code and more information soon.

Further, you will be also sent a $10 Gift Card as an apology, and will receive your download codes as soon as possible.

We hope to see you again soon.

[quote name='mitnosi']Hmmm, just got a 2nd $10 dollar game credit from amazon for Dead Rising 2. I guess they got so much bad feedback on people who didn't receive it they just issued it to everyone again.[/QUOTE]
I just got a second $10 credit too, ended up paying 47.99 and got $20 in credit back. Sometimes Amazon screws things up but at least they do try to fix it.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Umm, hooray?

Total Savings: $0.86[/QUOTE]
The following title(s) decreased in price:

Lowest price before release date: $59.96
Amount to be refunded: $0.03
Total Savings: $0.03

fuck yeah, we're rich!

EDIT: I also got 19 cents from Enslaved! \\:D/

Son of a bitch. Went to cancel my fable 3 order and re-order it with my dead rising credit, and now release day delivery doesn't show up! Crap

[quote name='KongaKing']Son of a bitch. Went to cancel my fable 3 order and re-order it with my dead rising credit, and now release day delivery doesn't show up! Crap[/QUOTE]

you dont have to reorder to get the credit on the order silly.

They did something similar with The Crystal Bearers on Wii. There was some kind of widespread problem with the preorder gift so they just issued everyone who ordered the game a $10 credit. My preorder gift was fine so the credit was just a total bonus.

Waited 47 hours after my last email to them regarding the DR2 credit. Sent a lengthy email this morning. Still no answer, however I now finally have my Credit. The one they told me I was ineligible for because I preordered too soon...heh. I also got a refund for $0.03 on Castlevania! Awesome!

I wish they would give me a $5 or $10 apology credit... :(

I haven't been keeping up for awhile, I'm poor, but I'm seeing almost every game I look up at 59.99. Did they stop dropping most games the extra 3-5 dollars pre-release?

[quote name='Vortextk']I haven't been keeping up for awhile, I'm poor, but I'm seeing almost every game I look up at 59.99. Did they stop dropping most games the extra 3-5 dollars pre-release?[/QUOTE]

Yeah seems like it. I've noticed that too and it sucks. I think they just make them retail price and you get to hope it shows up in your gold box for $56.99 now.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah seems like it. I've noticed that too and it sucks. I think they just make them retail price and you get to hope it shows up in your gold box for $56.99 now.[/QUOTE]
That's what I've been doing now, too. Though this week has been good for games releasing next year showing up in my gold box. Resistance 3, Team Ico Collection, The Last Guardian and others.

The only problem is ordering this far in advance pretty much ensures I'll have to email to get an promotional credits on these games. :(

buy wow accounts cheap[/URL]
buy world of warcraft gold[/URL]
wow gold for sale cheap[/URL]
wow gold [/URL]
cheap wow gold [/URL]
buy Aion kinah cheap[/URL]
Aion kinah cheap[/URL]
buy ffxiv gil cheap[/URL]
buying ffxiv gil[/URL]
ffxiv gil[/URL]
ffxiv gil[/URL]
sale wow gold[/URL]
wow gold[/URL]
buy wow gold[/URL]
cheap hotel singapore[/URL]
budget hotel singapore[/URL]

games

buy world of warcraft accounts
wow gold sale
cheap wow gold
wow gold
Aion accounts leveling
cheap Aion kinah
ffxiv gil sale
cheap ffxiv gil
cheap ffxiv gil
sale wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
budget hotel singapore
cheap hotel singapore

Check out the sites for the best bargain. You can buy the cheapest wow gold, wowaccounts
and cheapest Aion kinah,ffxiv gil at sale price.
25.54 usd/5000k Aion Kinah Fast Delivery @www.belrion.com Buy Safe !

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone else still not receive their Castlevania credit?[/QUOTE]
I got it right after it shipped, did you order before the credit was on it or after it was dropped?

I have not yet, either. I preordered a while ago, before the credit was offered. So, I should email them about it, then? And I did the same for Dead Rising 2, but I got a credit and no second credit yet.

Emailed Amazon about not receiving my Castlevania credit and was told to wait until October, 8th and recontact them if it still has not been received.

The way Amazon handles these credits really is a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Moravagine']Emailed Amazon about not receiving my Castlevania credit and was told to wait until October, 8th and recontact them if it still has not been received.

The way Amazon handles these credits really is a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]
You will have to recontact them most likely. They had me wait a week for my Dead Rising 2 credit then I still had to have to issue it to me.

[quote name='Denogginizer']I really hope Vanquish gets a credit offer.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure a game that close to release will get it, but if it does, they can put one up for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 while they are at it :D

As of this morning, I still hadn't received my Castlevania $20 credit. So I actually CALLED them (not emailed them) and the lady sent my information "up to marketing for research", whatever that meant, and I just received a reply that the credit was applied to my account. Took about 3.5 hours total, from the time I initially called, until the time I received the credit. Applied it to Rock Band 3!

I suggest CAG'ers that have been having difficulty getting their credits via emailing try actually calling Amazon. This makes the second time I've preordered something and had trouble getting the credits when everybody else was getting them and made one call and all was fixed by the end of the day.

Hope this helps someone!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
it still shows the credit offer on def jam rapstar, anyone know if I order now whether I have any chance of actually getting it, or the preorder songs?

[quote name='Amazon']We’re writing to let you know there’s a delay in the delivery of the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits.

We know this news is inconvenient and even disheartening to some of you, so we’re providing you with a $10 Video Games credit. We’re still working with Capcom to send the pre-order codes, and we’ll deliver them as soon as possible. [/quote]

Yea!

Quick question I didn't see in the first post, what happens to the credit if you cancel an order? I'd like to cancel something I had credit on already, and reorder it with this $10 bonus credit applied. Does it just go back into your account?

[quote name='Corvin']Yea!

Quick question I didn't see in the first post, what happens to the credit if you cancel an order? I'd like to cancel something I had credit on already, and reorder it with this $10 bonus credit applied. Does it just go back into your account?[/QUOTE]

As long as the credit you used is not expired, then yes it will go right back to your account for use until the expiration date. If it is expired you'll lose the credit completely so be careful.

This is amazing. Amazon always redeems themselves IMO. I got Dead Rising 2 for $48. Then I got $10 for not get the promotional code on time and having to contact customer service. Then, I still got the $10 promotional code. And now another $10 for the avatar code not coming on time.

They are almost paying me to take games off their hands now. :D

Well, finally got my $10 Dead Rising 2 credit yesterday.

Also, I just got this today from Amazon, in response to the delay in the avatar code: another $10 promo code!

[quote name='Amazon']Hello,

We’re writing to let you know there’s a delay in the delivery of the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits.

We know this news is inconvenient and even disheartening to some of you, so we’re providing you with a $10 Video Games credit. We’re still working with Capcom to send the pre-order codes, and we’ll deliver them as soon as possible.

Promotional Certificate Amount: $10.00
Promotional Code: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX
Expires: January 4th, 2011

This promotional code may be redeemed towards the purchase of any item from the Amazon Video Games Store that is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Just visit http://www.amazon.com and apply your code during checkout.

We hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com
[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back