Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice. I ordered it when it was $56.99 and had the NFS Shift promo with it. So now I'll get NFS Shift and a $20 credit with it. I think they may have tried to prevent both promos from stacking, but they failed. It doesnt say the $20 credit extends to all existing pre-orders, unless you scroll down to the Special Offers section.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was actually going to cancel the preorder & wait for a price drop if they didn't add a credit to it, because I had decided Shift wasn't much incentive for me. But that + the $20 most certainly is. :)

I guess everyone who has that Monopoly 4 in one that went out of print long ago DUMP fast since monopoly is coming back to the DS for 29.99 guess that 4 in one is going to crash in vaule quickly

[quote name='hawkhogan']Do you guys usually get the gaming credit after the game has shipped or has there always been some kind of delay?[/QUOTE]
I usually always get mine within 2 days of the item being shipped.

Castlevania was the first one I had to e-mail them about, and they had it in my account within 2 hours after the e-mail.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']That's weird, I received my credit yesterday. You may be in luck though, as they may credit your card $20 instead. And after what happened with Dead Rising 2, you may even get extra credit on top of that. I'm sure you'll get a response by tomorrow the latest.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dvdactor']For some reason it took 24 hours instead of the usual 12 hour window for them to write me back on my Castlevania credit. They issued a $20 refund (which was paid with gift card), so I'm still waiting for it to be finalized to purchase my next item.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they FINALLY answered over 24 hours later this morning. Turns out at some point they did add my $20 credit, but failed to notify me. Either that or they're just lying out their ass and placed it in there this morning.

I'd check your accounts and try putting a game in your cart to see if they pulled the same shit on you guys.

Saint Noir has brought it to my attention that NFS Hot Pursuit now has a $20 credit! GG to us early adopters who will now get a free game and $20 to boot.

Just got an email from Amazon that my account has been credited a $20 promotional code for Castlevania. Although it is a hassle to continually email them about these credits, it usually works out best in the long run. Last time I was simply refunded $20 to my CC; this time I tested the credit and it applies to anything sold via Amazon (not just video games).

Works great for me as I'd rather use the money on books.

[quote name='Moravagine']Just got an email from Amazon that my account has been credited a $20 promotional code for Castlevania. Although it is a hassle to continually email them about these credits, it usually works out best in the long run. Last time I was simply refunded $20 to my CC; this time I tested the credit and it applies to anything sold via Amazon (not just video games).

Works great for me as I'd rather use the money on books.[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, you're totally right! Haha, the email I got was misleading and didn't mention that it was good for ANYTHING. Now what to use it on. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, they FINALLY answered over 24 hours later this morning. Turns out at some point they did add my $20 credit, but failed to notify me. Either that or they're just lying out their ass and placed it in there this morning.

I'd check your accounts and try putting a game in your cart to see if they pulled the same shit on you guys.[/QUOTE]

they replied to my email telling me it had already been applied... but it hasn't been applied yet.

I can't take anymore chances with Amazon, I had Hot Pursuit pre-ordered on NewEgg for $47 but seeing this credit, I'm just going to order it off Amazon, I don't care about saving any lame 5% in the Gold Box Quick Picks.

I just got screwed with Castlevania, I ended up ordering it off NewEgg because Amazon's credit disappeared, paid $50 with the free 3-day shipping but UPS had a massive fail (instead of yesterday, I'll get it Monday), but NewEgg gave me a $5 credit. UPS is slow enough, but having to deal with '3 day' shipping is something I never want to do again.

And once again, I used my $20 in built-up credit to get more $10 PSN cards because you seriously can never have enough.

Anyone know about the "limit one per household" rule?

If I order Fable 3 for myself and my brother on different orders, and we both live in different states, will we get two $20 credits? Or is it only one per account?

To that end, if I order the Limited Edition for myself, and the standard edition for him, since those are separate products, will we get two $20 credits? Or just one?

[quote name='hawkhogan']Do you guys usually get the gaming credit after the game has shipped or has there always been some kind of delay?[/QUOTE]

I've been pretty fortunate. I got both my DR2 and CastleVania credit on release day.

[quote name='tlwizard']If I order Fable 3 for myself and my brother on different orders, and we both live in different states, will we get two $20 credits? Or is it only one per account?

To that end, if I order the Limited Edition for myself, and the standard edition for him, since those are separate products, will we get two $20 credits? Or just one?[/QUOTE]
I believe you'll have to order the different versions but I'm not positive. I'm actually curious myself, since if I wanted two copies of something I could ship one to my home and one to my office. The only thing that applies for that though is Black Ops and well, yeah...

[quote name='tlwizard']If I order Fable 3 for myself and my brother on different orders, and we both live in different states, will we get two $20 credits? Or is it only one per account?

To that end, if I order the Limited Edition for myself, and the standard edition for him, since those are separate products, will we get two $20 credits? Or just one?[/QUOTE]If you order two of the same version of a game, you will only get one credit. You have to be on separate accounts to get both credits for that purchase.

However, if you order the same game, but different versions (regular and LE), you should get both credits. I have done this myself in the past, ordering the regular MW2 and the Prestige Edition.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']They dropped the preorder bonus on Kinect and a game =/ Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Phew, i got in on that just in time. I don't know if i'll keep the pre-order, but it was worth getting it while the deal was alive

[quote name='SteveMcQ']If you order two of the same version of a game, you will only get one credit. You have to be on separate accounts to get both credits for that purchase.

However, if you order the same game, but different versions (regular and LE), you should get both credits. I have done this myself in the past, ordering the regular MW2 and the Prestige Edition.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the response. Does the same go for the pre-order bonuses if I order a regular edition and a limited edition?

I pre-ordered my Castlevania using my bonus from Mario Galaxy 2 and Modnation Racers making it $29.99 before it had the bonus. I emailed Amazon asking if I could get the $20 bonus as I pre-ordered it a long time ago and the person replied that it was added to my account. I have not looked yet, but I will soon =).

Amazon's customer service is great.

[quote name='Amonthar']I pre-ordered my Castlevania using my bonus from Mario Galaxy 2 and Modnation Racers making it $29.99 before it had the bonus. I emailed Amazon asking if I could get the $20 bonus as I pre-ordered it a long time ago and the person replied that it was added to my account. I have not looked yet, but I will soon =).

Amazon's customer service is great.[/QUOTE]

Bonus stuff gets auto applied to orders if you order before said bonus shows up. It usually says something about being applied to existing preorders

[quote name='panasonic']they added the credit to my account but didn't say when it expires. Is there a way to check it? I want to save it for black friday.[/QUOTE]

I wondered about this too. They credited my account and just looks like gift balance which can be used on anything. But when I ordered before, it was only for video games and had an expire date. Not that I am complaning.

What are people's perception towards MoH?

I love BF:BC2's online, but I'm not sure if this one will be worth it or have a lot of staying power, since BF3 seems to be around the corner, and then there's COD coming out too.

[quote name='joseraul']What are people's perception towards MoH?

I love BF:BC2's online, but I'm not sure if this one will be worth it or have a lot of staying power, since BF3 seems to be around the corner, and then there's COD coming out too.[/QUOTE]
Dont get it. CoD is going to curb stomp this and it's out in under a month now.

Plus the single player in MoH is only 4 hours..

Edit: Having said that, if it gets extremely good reviews somehow, I'm getting it anyway.

ughhh....amazon has been frustrating lately with their promo credit lately.

i already had $50 in credit stocked up from metroid, halo, and nba 2k11. i emailed them about castlevania and they said they would add it to my account, but it never went through for some reason. i emailed them again and they said would reimburse $20 to my card, which is fine by me. however, they also took away $20 credit from account. time to email them again...

metroid's credit didnt expire right? i think it expires at the end of november, but i dont have the email anymore

[quote name='blackwaltz34']ughhh....amazon has been frustrating lately with their promo credit lately.

i already had $50 in credit stocked up from metroid, halo, and nba 2k11. i emailed them about castlevania and they said they would add it to my account, but it never went through for some reason. i emailed them again and they said would reimburse $20 to my card, which is fine by me. however, they also took away $20 credit from account. time to email them again...

metroid's credit didnt expire right? i think it expires at the end of november, but i dont have the email anymore[/QUOTE]

From the Email

"Thank you for purchasing Metroid: Other M from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 11/30/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by November 30, 2010. "

[quote name='emperordahc']Finally got NFS w/ $20 credit! Wooooooo![/QUOTE]

I know, about stinkin time.

I think I'll wait until later in week after MOH ships to chain my 20 code. I went temporarily insane and ordered somethine else with MOH so 99 cent release day wasn't an option. And now if I go to open orders page and click change shipping speed, it's not an option

Well, I went ahead and ordered Medal of Honor and then when I get that credit I will be using that for Black Ops. Too bad no gaming credit for Black Ops though.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']So if I preordered NFS when it had the shift bonus, do you think I will get the shift voucher or whatever and the 20 credit?[/QUOTE]
Probably yes. If not you can complain about it like I will. The $20 credit says it applies to all existing pre-orders (in the product promotions section).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Probably yes. If not you can complain about it like I will. The $20 credit says it applies to all existing pre-orders (in the product promotions section).[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this text? I shot an email to them about applying the promotion to my order and got shot down because I didn't order NFS when the promotion was in effect. For just about the first time ever, Amazon denied me. I sent them a follow up email that was a very nicely worded WTF?

[quote name='jdpatri']Where do you see this text? I shot an email to them about applying the promotion to my order and got shot down because I didn't order NFS when the promotion was in effect. For just about the first time ever, Amazon denied me. I sent them a follow up email that was a very nicely worded WTF?[/QUOTE]

You didnt order it when the $20 credit was in effect? Or when the Shift offer was in effect? If you mean the $20 credit, you are still supposed to get it as it applies to all existing pre-orders. It says so in the "Special Offers and Product Promotions" section on the NFS:HP product page.

I'd just wait and complain later if you dont get both. Also, take a screen shot of where it says that so you have proof.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You didnt order it when the $20 credit was in effect? Or when the Shift offer was in effect? If you mean the $20 credit, you are still supposed to get it as it applies to all existing pre-orders. It says so in the "Special Offers and Product Promotions" section on the NFS:HP product page.

I'd just wait and complain later if you dont get both. Also, take a screen shot of where it says that so you have proof.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when the Shift promo was running. But I was hoping to go the same route as the other poster who said they applied the credit to his account (so I could use it on Fallout). But after the CSR denied me, citing some other promotional restriction, I'd planned to do exactly as you suggest -- screen shot the "all existing pre-orders part" -- and wait until release to see what happened.

[quote name='Moravagine']In the same boat here: fired off a second email regarding not receiving the Castlevania credit yesterday morning and have yet to get a response.[/QUOTE]

They responded instantly to me this morning (well within 20 minutes or so), but then looked at my account and tried to claim the stored $20 Halo Reach credit I have had for the last few weeks was for Castlevania. I really can't understand what is wrong with Amazon nowadays. Every time I buy something with a credit, there is an error and rarely is it in my favor. Looks like I will have to call them.

That blows, they took away the $30 kinect bundle offer =/. I've been meaning to Pre-Order but keep on forgetting.

My MoH just shipped, has anybody else who's order has shipped received there credit. I really want it to buy KH:BBS, I'm debating to email Amazon over it to see if they will just add it to my account.

Well pulled the trigger on MOH.... Starting to think I have to many Online shooters.
Reach, BFBC2, MOH and I'm sure Black op....
No time for what I have now.

Also to bad they pulled the Kinect bundle, was going to get that.

[quote name='skiizim']That blows, they took away the $30 kinect bundle offer =/. I've been meaning to Pre-Order but keep on forgetting.

My MoH just shipped, has anybody else who's order has shipped received there credit. I really want it to buy KH:BBS, I'm debating to email Amazon over it to see if they will just add it to my account.[/QUOTE]

My order shipped as well, but so far no credit

My MOH shipped too, they usually apply the credit a couple days after it ships.

I would recommend checking your e-mail again on Thursday for it.

@skiizim I was sad they took away the $30 credit too....

[quote name='dusbbal2008']my MOH still hasn't shipped :'([/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't either but they never ship my release day delivery games early in the day. My Halo Reach didn't ship until 11:50 PM the night before release and UPS got it to me about 12 hours later on release date.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Mine hasn't either but they never ship my release day delivery games early in the day. My Halo Reach didn't ship until 11:50 PM the night before release and UPS got it to me about 12 hours later on release date.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They must use dark magic to ship mine at almost midnight, and they're here next day.

bread's done
Back