Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 using $50 in game credits. Today the game was delayed again, with no new date. So I called and canceled and got my game credits back with no problem. I wasn't too sure about trying it by e-mail since I was afraid I'd lose my credits. That will teach me for ever trusting a Gran Turismo release date.

Received the Medal of Honor credit this morning. Surprised to see that since I had to follow up on my credits for the past few games.

did anyone notice that the assassin's creed brotherhood credit is increased from $10 to $15? It says $10 on the top of the page, but it says $15 under special products and promotions.

[quote name='supergrass']Yesterday I pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 using $50 in game credits. Today the game was delayed again, with no new date. So I called and canceled and got my game credits back with no problem. I wasn't too sure about trying it by e-mail since I was afraid I'd lose my credits. That will teach me for ever trusting a Gran Turismo release date.[/QUOTE]

Yup, GT5 delayed to "holiday season", which might not even be this year. http://kotaku.com/5662886/gran-turismo-5-delayed-now-coming-this-holiday-season

I'm actually glad; GT5 and NFS within two weeks of each other was TOO CLOSE for racing games.

I preordered GT5 w/o using any credit (already used on other orders) so I'm happy to sit on my indefinite preorder that offers $10 credit.

[quote name='BinaryTB']*Almost* clicked on order for NFS: Hot Pursuit with the $20 credit. Good thing I found out that it doesn't have split-screen... wth? Total pass for me now. I'll stick to Blur, maybe Split/Second eventually, at least they both have couch play with a friend.[/QUOTE]

So true. Criterion doesn't do splitscreen games anymore (Burnout Paradise as an example), so I wasn't too surprised. NFS splitscreen was a staple while I lived at home 10+ years ago. Now my dad has a PS3 so we can play together again, online, so that's cool for me.

Preordered Dead Space 2 a few minutes ago. And just got the download code for Dead Space Ignition in my inbox. That was quick.

[quote name='yedgee']Preordered Dead Space 2 a few minutes ago. And just got the download code for Dead Space Ignition in my inbox. That was quick.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here. If anyone gets the 360 version, though, you might wanna hold off on playing. I read that the achievements are glitched.

[quote name='yedgee']Preordered Dead Space 2 a few minutes ago. And just got the download code for Dead Space Ignition in my inbox. That was quick.[/QUOTE]
Woah, what? Guess they're not extending this to existing orders, so I'll just throw down another faux order to get a code then. Wonder if this was another mailing mistake on Amazon's part. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Woah, what? Guess they're not extending this to existing orders, so I'll just throw down another faux order to get a code then. Wonder if this was another mistake on Amazon's part. . .[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is pretty much what everyone who had a pre-order is doing. No clue if Amazon isn't extending it or is just moving too slow on this issue.

[quote name='McNutsack']So, does anyone kno the best place to buy Call of Duty BLACK OPS from? Amazon is still a sexiii site, with free shipping and no tax...but I'm looking for something sexier. Any help?

I'd rather just buy it at Costco since no where is having a cool promotion on it. Costco usually sells games for $55, and I can pick it up on launch day.[/QUOTE]
It was $50 for pre-order this past weekend at Newegg, but that's about it.

Well, got my code for the DS2 order and I have to think these are being sent out erroneously instead of your normal confirmation email. The codes don't expire until April of next year, which is fairly generous so I'm not sure what to think. I'll take it for free though!

Wow they are giving away the code when you preorder and not actually when you buy it? What's stopping people from getting the code and canceling?

[quote name='mitnosi']Wow they are giving away the code when you preorder and not actually when you buy it? What's stopping people from getting the code and canceling?[/QUOTE]
Your moral conscience.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wow they are giving away the code when you preorder and not actually when you buy it? What's stopping people from getting the code and canceling?[/QUOTE]
Nothing, because people are doing it. Lol, not sure why they even bothered making this $5 and I take back what I said about this being sent out in error since GS is also confirmed to be printing out codes with your pre-order today. Totally missed that other thread where people were discussing this today until just now.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood promo is updated and now shows the $15 credit in the main section. Good stuff. Odd amount but I'm not complaining.

[quote name='PsychoPENGUIN']Gran Turismo 5 Delayed... Again[/QUOTE]
I know...jesus. I'm not interested in it (too much) to begin with but wow...it was already a joke and now it's just not even funny anymore.

[quote name='PsychoPENGUIN']Gran Turismo 5 Delayed... Again[/QUOTE]
They figured out we have waited 5 years already, so what's the fuss to wait another few months...

FYI I just got the code for my dead space ignition download and I pre-ordered the game like half a year ago when it was down to $49.xx for a day or something. Not like I care after watching the ign review.

No castlevania credit though..

[quote name='Vortextk']FYI I just got the code for my dead space ignition download and I pre-ordered the game like half a year ago when it was down to $49.xx for a day or something. Not like I care after watching the ign review.[/QUOTE]
Ditto for me.

Two points:

1. On Dead Space 2, Amazon emailed me a code for Ignition and I preordered the game last December.

2. An Amazon rep confirmed that if you had an earlier preorder you'll get both a free copy of NFS: Shift and the $20 credit.

amazon credit is pissing me off, them changing it up and not having it "apply to existing pre-orders" and "can change or terminate at any time", they are shady as crap, i'm sticking to kmart unless kmart doesn't have a specific deal

needless to say i'm organizing my order confirmations in anticipation of getting screwed and dealing with numbskull reps

[quote name='whitekraken']Assassins Creed Brotherhood is up to $15 credit.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I went ahead and bit. Was hoping to get this for $40 at Black Friday but ill bite for a $15 credit at rrelease.

[quote name='emperordahc']Yup, GT5 delayed to "holiday season", which might not even be this year. http://kotaku.com/5662886/gran-turismo-5-delayed-now-coming-this-holiday-season

I'm actually glad; GT5 and NFS within two weeks of each other was TOO CLOSE for racing games.

I preordered GT5 w/o using any credit (already used on other orders) so I'm happy to sit on my indefinite preorder that offers $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yamauchi giveth....and Yamauchi taketh away! :)

I'm right there with ya actually...they were too close in release and I would have simply just gone with GT5. Now I can justify getting NFS as well...and the $20 bonus doesn't hurt either.

[quote name='mitnosi']Thanks, I went ahead and bit. Was hoping to get this for $40 at Black Friday [/QUOTE]
so many great games that are going to be released before BF this gen that have the potential to go that low.
35 bucks on video games Amazon.

Anyone care to lay odds on Force Unleashed 2 being sold at $40 or less before xmas? I might be tempted if BB runs a B2G1 that week or Amazon comes up with one. Sucks only 1 in 4 games I'd consider getting right away has the $20 credit. That was the only reason I picked up Halo Reach instead of waiting. I had to get Dead Rising 2 through the TRU thing.

[quote name='Viper187']Anyone care to lay odds on Force Unleashed 2 being sold at $40 or less before xmas? I might be tempted if BB runs a B2G1 that week or Amazon comes up with one. Sucks only 1 in 4 games I'd consider getting right away has the $20 credit. That was the only reason I picked up Halo Reach instead of waiting. I had to get Dead Rising 2 through the TRU thing.[/QUOTE]

Probably a pretty good chance someone will have it for that around Black Friday. I imagine quite a few of the upcoming and recent releases will be around that price on BF week somehwere/sometime.

What does Gran Turismo getting delayed have to do with this thread? It affects nothing, no credits, nothing, so kind of unnecessary, really. But I'd just like to say something here-- holiday season in popular parlance generally always means the Christmas period, and SCEE has already confirmed that in this case it will be BEFORE Christmas, so we're looking at a early-to-mid December release date, as the game will be a simul-release. So, it's just a month anyway, and actually (though you wouldn't know it what with all the quivering fanboys) this is the FIRST time an actual release date for the game has been delayed, as they only announced the date back at E3 (its first release date). They are trying to perfect and hone the game even further, so what's the problem? I'd rather have a perfect game rather than the glut of mediocre games that pop up every five months any day, anytime.

im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i just got my credit for castlevania (late, i know)...but instead of it being automatically applied to your account, its in code form. you have to actually enter the code during checkout now.

[quote name='metamorphic']They are trying to perfect and hone the game even further, so what's the problem?[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing with software, especially games. Perfection does not exist. It just seems like a joke at this point, which is why a lot of people bring it up, because it is funny, like DNF. I'm sure they plan on gt6 for ps4, so finish this damn game already to start the 8 year development for the next title.

Castlevania credit finally came in. This time it's a code to input instead of automatically added to my account, haven't tested how it works yet. Have they been coming like that recently? Works on video games only I'm sure, but like a gift card where I could add to another order or once you input the code it works like these credits always have?

After emailing Amazon last week and getting them to manually give me a $20 credit for Castlevania, I just got an additional $20 credit in the new code form others have mentioned.

Haven't tested it yet but I'm guessing it works like these credits always have and there is no way to apply it to an existing order without emailing Amazon.

[quote name='metamorphic']What does Gran Turismo getting delayed have to do with this thread? It affects nothing, no credits, nothing, so kind of unnecessary, really.[/QUOTE]
It affects all of us who were planning to buy it using Kmart gaming coupons that may now expire before whatever date it ends up being released, and that may force some people to either spend their coupons on a game they didn't want or simply let them expire without being used which is just throwing money down the toilet.

EDIT: Somehow I thought I was replying to the Kmart thread, must've clicked on the wrong one. Reworded my post to clarify, sorry for the confusion.

Black Ops is down to $54.99, you guys who got your orders in should make sure that Amazon adjusts the price on your order.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i just got my credit for castlevania (late, i know)...but instead of it being automatically applied to your account, its in code form. you have to actually enter the code during checkout now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's obvious they botched this one badly because it's over a week late and in code format. I also got one and I wish they'd start distributing these credits like gift cards, but for games only. It would make using them so much easier since they could be applied to existing orders. I love Amazon, but their website functionality needs to change drastically.

[quote name='metamorphic']What does Gran Turismo getting delayed have to do with this thread? It affects nothing, no credits, nothing, so kind of unnecessary, really. But I'd just like to say something here-- holiday season in popular parlance generally always means the Christmas period, and SCEE has already confirmed that in this case it will be BEFORE Christmas, so we're looking at a early-to-mid December release date, as the game will be a simul-release. So, it's just a month anyway, and actually (though you wouldn't know it what with all the quivering fanboys) this is the FIRST time an actual release date for the game has been delayed, as they only announced the date back at E3 (its first release date). They are trying to perfect and hone the game even further, so what's the problem? I'd rather have a perfect game rather than the glut of mediocre games that pop up every five months any day, anytime.[/QUOTE]

There's a $10 credit applied 2-days after the game ships, which I would've used towards COD BO. So yes the delay has something to do with this thread.

[quote name='metamorphic']What does Gran Turismo getting delayed have to do with this thread? It affects nothing, no credits, nothing, so kind of unnecessary, really. But I'd just like to say something here-- holiday season in popular parlance generally always means the Christmas period, and SCEE has already confirmed that in this case it will be BEFORE Christmas, so we're looking at a early-to-mid December release date, as the game will be a simul-release. So, it's just a month anyway, and actually (though you wouldn't know it what with all the quivering fanboys) this is the FIRST time an actual release date for the game has been delayed, as they only announced the date back at E3 (its first release date). They are trying to perfect and hone the game even further, so what's the problem? I'd rather have a perfect game rather than the glut of mediocre games that pop up every five months any day, anytime.[/QUOTE]

The relevance is that the delay is messing up our timing and stacking of credits for other games.

Imagine if your boss decided he wasn't going to give you a paycheck for awhile, but that "he'd get to it". That's where we're at; the delay is tying our credits up.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i just got my credit for castlevania (late, i know)...but instead of it being automatically applied to your account, its in code form. you have to actually enter the code during checkout now.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it can be stacked with other existing credits since the code could possibly be coded as a non-stackable $20 coupon. It happened that last year they sent me a $10 code for the FF Crystal Bearers preorder bonus screwup, and that code wouldn't stack.

Hey guys,

I just have a quick question. Last night I was on Amazon and noticed the quick picks at the bottom of the page (I have never seen them before, I always thought the recommendations were the quick picks :roll: ) Anyway, one of the games I pre-ordered happens to be in there. It is only a few dollars savings, but I figure if I can get it, I might as well. So, I was just curious, since I already have this pre-ordered does that mean I can't get it applied to the one I have ordered? The quick pick is gone now, I didn't place a new order because I have $20 credit applied to it.

So, I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen before and if there is anything I can do or if I missed out on it.

Thanks!

Any one else get 2 $20 credits for Castlevania?..

The gave me the credit the day the game shipped, then just today they sent me a code for an additional $20.

:applause:\\:D/

[quote name='primalcarnage']Any one else get 2 $20 credits for Castlevania?..

The gave me the credit the day the game shipped, then just today they sent me a code for an additional $20.

:applause:\\:D/[/QUOTE]
No second one here, lucky! :p

Just a heads up, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood now has a $15 gaming credit applied to it
Edit: Sorry, it looks like it was already pointed out earlier.

Hello Fellow CAGers,
I've followed the site for a while now but this is my first and I need your help. I recently pre-ordered Medal of Honor. The mixed reviews have made me reconsider my purchase. I am seriously considering returning the game. I have not opened the game and would like to know if the $20 game credit from amazon is also returned if I do decide to send Medal of Honor back to amazon. I'm sure the game credit would be removed but I just wanted to see if thats the case.

Thanks,
Rex

[quote name='solidrex']Hello Fellow CAGers,
I've followed the site for a while now but this is my first and I need your help. I recently pre-ordered Medal of Honor. The mixed reviews have made me reconsider my purchase. I am seriously considering returning the game. I have not opened the game and would like to know if the $20 game credit from amazon is also returned if I do decide to send Medal of Honor back to amazon. I'm sure the game credit would be removed but I just wanted to see if thats the case.[/QUOTE]
Since you no longer want the game, you might as well return it. If amazon lets you keep the credit, more power to you. Otherwise, you ain't really losing out anyway.

Another way is to unload the game to a friend / craigslist with a discount, then you get to keep your $20 credit for sure.

I had pre-ordered NFS:HP whenever they were doing the "Free Need for Speed Shift" thing with the order.. now that they're doing $20, I thought I would have to choose, but I e-mailed Amazon and they said that I'll get BOTH the $20 code and the voucher for a free copy of NFS Shift from Amazon.. amazing!!

bread's done
Back