Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey guys,

I just have a quick question. Last night I was on Amazon and noticed the quick picks at the bottom of the page (I have never seen them before, I always thought the recommendations were the quick picks :roll: ) Anyway, one of the games I pre-ordered happens to be in there. It is only a few dollars savings, but I figure if I can get it, I might as well. So, I was just curious, since I already have this pre-ordered does that mean I can't get it applied to the one I have ordered? The quick pick is gone now, I didn't place a new order because I have $20 credit applied to it.

So, I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen before and if there is anything I can do or if I missed out on it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Never mind... I just spoke with Amazon and they adjusted the price. At first they thought I was trying to pricematch another site, then he wasn't sure what Quick Picks were, but once I explained it he looked into my account, saw that I have the game pre-ordered and that the game credit had been applied and would have been lost if I cancelled my order and within seconds he had the price adjusted.

Very easy, not problems at all and a very nice way to save a few bucks!

[quote name='solidrex']Hello Fellow CAGers,
I am seriously considering returning the game. I have not opened the game and would like to know if the $20 game credit from amazon is also returned if I do decide to send Medal of Honor back to amazon. I'm sure the game credit would be removed but I just wanted to see if thats the case.

Thanks,
Rex[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to their terms you would lose the promo credit (link)

Refunds
Should you return an order that was placed using a promotional certificate, you will not be refunded for the amount of the certificate, as these discounts were deducted from the original purchase amount.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Was the Gears 3 credit removed? I went to order and there's no sign of the $20 future credit.[/QUOTE]

It's still there as far as I can see. Scroll down a little further on the product page to the "Special Offers and Promotions" box.

Another way to check is to put it in your cart and go through the checkout process, it tells you up at the top when you review the order. Just don't finalize the order.

[quote name='htown01']Yes, according to their terms you would lose the promo credit (link)

Refunds
Should you return an order that was placed using a promotional certificate, you will not be refunded for the amount of the certificate, as these discounts were deducted from the original purchase amount.[/QUOTE]
It's a different situation. solidrex asked if he would lose the free $20 credit for preordering MoH if he chooses to return it. The policy you quoted has to do with a promo credit used as part of the payment for the order. In that case, you won't get back the amount of the promo credit already used.

[quote name='eau']It's a different situation. solidrex asked if he would lose the free $20 credit for preordering MoH if he chooses to return it. The policy you quoted has to do with a promo credit used as part of the payment for the order. In that case, you won't get back the amount of the promo credit already used.[/QUOTE]

I would think that if you returned it, the would invalidate the promo code. If you've already used the promo code, they'd deduct that (and shipping) from your refund.

I'm wondering what happens if I decided to cancel my Dead Space 2 preorder. I doubt they'd deduct money from the Ignition stuff since there's no price associated with it. I haven't redeemed my ignition code yet because i dont' want amazon to get mad at me if i do cancel the preorder. (I order a shit ton of everything from amazon so i like to be in good standing.)

[quote name='confoosious']I'm wondering what happens if I decided to cancel my Dead Space 2 preorder. I doubt they'd deduct money from the Ignition stuff since there's no price associated with it. I haven't redeemed my ignition code yet because i dont' want amazon to get mad at me if i do cancel the preorder. (I order a shit ton of everything from amazon so i like to be in good standing.)[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine if you cancel the order. They can't charge you for something you didnt agree to pay, and they probably won't give a crap if you cancel the pre-order either. I'm sure plenty of people did just that.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm wondering what happens if I decided to cancel my Dead Space 2 preorder. I doubt they'd deduct money from the Ignition stuff since there's no price associated with it. I haven't redeemed my ignition code yet because i dont' want amazon to get mad at me if i do cancel the preorder. (I order a shit ton of everything from amazon so i like to be in good standing.)[/QUOTE]

Fable 2 had a similar preorder bonus (the game was awful from what i've heard) and i got the code, canceled and Amazon didn't care. I never actually spent the code and i sent them an email asking if i had to do anything and they told me it didn't matter so don't worry.

I just ordered Gears of War 3, i got it in my gold box and with the $20 i couldn't say no.

I forget, can these credits be used on codes for download titles? I'll only have $10 left of this 20 after I buy the last guild wars expansion and I need xbox points over psn cards right now, but 10 isn't enough by itself.

^^^ I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't sell download codes for XBLA anymore, just points. In my experience, game credit works on physical points cards but not immediately delivery codes (for XBL, not sure about PSN or Wii).

Is that what you are asking?

[quote name='Lucian']^^^ I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't sell download codes for XBLA anymore, just points. In my experience, game credit works on physical points cards but not immediately delivery codes (for XBL, not sure about PSN or Wii).

Is that what you are asking?[/QUOTE]Tha is correct. They stopped selling XBLA codes / titles over the summer.

[quote name='shrike4242']Tha is correct. They stopped selling XBLA codes / titles over the summer.[/QUOTE]

Snap, guess I'll have to settle for a psn card if I can't think of something else at 10 bucks. Thanks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So I'm guessing the avatar code for Dead Rising 2 is never coming?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look like it, does it? But I'll take a $10 credit over a silly avatar prop any day.

Meh. I thought this would happen. They refused to manually lower the price and told me to wait until it ships...... The person also told me I had to cancel my order with $20 credit and reorder to get the Laser Cell. LMAO.

[quote name='scarhawk']Meh. I thought this would happen. They refused to manually lower the price and told me to wait until it ships...... The person also told me I had to cancel my order with $20 credit and reorder to get the Laser Cell. LMAO.[/QUOTE]
Just hang up and call again. Some CSR are very nice but others are PITA. It's usual to get two different answers when you call twice.

I was on Live Chat actually. I'll email CS tomorrow. They told me to wait 24-48 hours in an email I got. And that if I didn't get it in that period of time, to shoot them back another email.

I preordered both Ps3 version and 360 version of EA MMA with $10 credit will I get it for both? Amazon Online support says yes but i've heard otherwise. Anyone with experience?

I ordered MOH with the $20 credit... I know it's a newb question, but where does the credit show up? I don't see it in my giftcard balance... NM - found it in the OP... But my credit isn't there. Do I need to call Amazon???

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I ordered MOH with the $20 credit... I know it's a newb question, but where does the credit show up? I don't see it in my giftcard balance... NM - found it in the OP... But my credit isn't there. Do I need to call Amazon???[/QUOTE]

It doesn't show in my giftcard but does when i checkout with a game. Try that first

[quote name='panasonic']It doesn't show in my giftcard but does when i checkout with a game. Try that first[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That worked. Went ahead and picked up COD:BO, since it seems like the promo isn't coming back on it... If it does, I'll call Amazon and gripe about getting it.

So hey, anyone get their villager code for Fable III yet? Today would mark 10 days before the game comes out, so I'm wondering what the holdup is. Anyone get one from another retailer for that matter?

[quote name='Jodou']So hey, anyone get their villager code for Fable III yet? Today would mark 10 days before the game comes out, so I'm wondering what the holdup is. Anyone get one from another retailer for that matter?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully it doesn't come and they give us a 10 dollar credit to compensate like they did with Dead Rising 2 :p

For those who might be interested, the Fable III CE DOES include a $20 credit. It's listed farther down under "special offers and promotions" and appears when you go to checkout.

question....

If I pre-order the Rock Band 3 bundle now (to make sure I get the $5 discount that is going right now), will I be able to apply the $10 credit from pre-ordering fallout once I receive it? and does amazon notify you when these credits show up in your account?

$20 credit is back on halo reach...on both the regular and legendary edition....the limited edition is out of stock for amazon. The price is currently $55 on the regular edition.

is amazon offering any other deals other than the current one with dance masters? I missed out on the kinect+dance central bundle (with $20 credit upon purchasing both at the same time) and was looking to get kinect but might just hold out instead. no interesting deals anywhere..

[quote name='mitnosi']Hopefully it doesn't come and they give us a 10 dollar credit to compensate like they did with Dead Rising 2 :p[/QUOTE]
Works for me. I tried contacting Amazon about the codes, but didn't reference my order (just explained the promotion and asked when to expect the Villager code). The canned response I got was they were unwilling to look into the 'issue' without my order number. God damn monkeys are such a waste of time. :\

Hmmm Kirby for basically free ($20 M:OM credit + $37 left over gift card) with $10 to put toward DKC Returns? You might have got me Amazon. But just barely.

[quote name='Sway']Kirby's Epic Yarn now has a $10 credit attached to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Kirbys-Epic-Y...8&s=videogames-tradein&qid=1287297665&sr=1-17[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I just called amazon and they gave me a $10 credit for my order. For those of you wondering, the TRU is pretty good but the guide is one of those mini guides like the recent Red Steel, Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I made out with Amazon though, $35 + $10 credit to anything!

Kirby was in my Gold Box so I took the 5% discount off the MSRP and the $10 credit and applied my $20 M:OM credit and some credit from a gift card I received back in May for the remainder. Not bad - I hope. We'll see what happens over the holidays. Though I doubt there will be much more than a $5 drop on Amazon.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Recieved my $10 Promotional Credit for FO New Vegas, but when I go to check out the credit is not being applied to my orders.[/QUOTE]

Same, I had to go into livechat and he manually reduced my order for Fable 3 limited to $69.99. I lost release date delivery though and he wouldn't reinstate it as it's no longer available for that item.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Recieved my $10 Promotional Credit for FO New Vegas, but when I go to check out the credit is not being applied to my orders.[/QUOTE]

Same. I e-mailed them about it.

[quote name='protestedherox']Same. I e-mailed them about it.[/QUOTE]

I just called them up about it. The guy gave me another credit and that credit doesn't show up either. :cry:

bread's done
Back