Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted customer service and they took $10 off my last order placed for Rock Band 3. Oh well that was what I was going to use it for anyway.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, the Fable III Villager codes were sent out early this morning for those who care.[/QUOTE]
I got a code but it's only 16 characters long. Aren't all XBL codes 25 chars in length?

[quote name='skiizim']Thanks for the heads up, I just called amazon and they gave me a $10 credit for my order.[/QUOTE]

If you have a preorder on a game, you get it, and *then* Amazon adds a promo credit, you can call and have them apply it to your account?!

BTW, I finally ordered Kirby; I was waiting for a deal, and $10 off works for me.

[quote name='eau']I got a code but it's only 16 characters long. Aren't all XBL codes 25 chars in length?[/QUOTE]
I'm wodering the same thing. Anyone figure out how this works?

[quote name='argyle']Pretty sure you enter that code on the website where you create your villager.[/QUOTE]
I haven't gone through the creation process. Amazon's instruction says go to marketplace and redeem code.

Btw, is it a 1-time import code? So if you've imported your design, you won't be able to change your mind later on, will you?

[quote name='argyle']Pretty sure you enter that code on the website where you create your villager.[/QUOTE]
How to Use Your Code:

Step 1: Sign in to Xbox LIVE from the Xbox Dashboard on your Xbox 360 Console
Step 2: Press the "Ring of Light Button" in the middle of your controller
Step 3: Navigate to the Marketplace blade
Step 4: Select "Redeem Code"
Step 5: Enter your code exactly as shown above
Step 6: Your download will begin to your selected storage device

Maybe Amazon got it wrong. Didn't have time to try it before leaving for work this morning.

I went through the whole create a villager thing and I didnt see anywhere to imput a code, maybe I missed it though.

Was suppose to receive 2 $10 dollar credits, from Fallout NV and Arcania, but only 1 is showing up when i try to apply them to a game in the cart. I'm assuming I also didn't really get it for Fallout NV even though I have an email saying I got it. Emailed them about the issue as well.

But I noticed the Laser Cell/Wallpaper item is no longer up on the Call of Duty Black Ops, might mean that there will be some credit coming to it again soon.

on the fable thing, im pretty sure its supposed to be done on fables website. i remember when they first announced it i tried it out and i believe at the end it asked me to redeem a preorder code (which i didnt have). but now when i do it i don't get any option, it just tells me to log in with my windows live id, which i already have...

Amazon let me down for the first time today. Preorderd Fallout NV Collector's Edition months ago, find out today that it's backordered now, and my 3 month old preorder has not yet shipped. Luckily gamestop had one unclaimed copy left.

Now I'm worried about my Fable and Star Wars collector's edition preorders...

Has anyone been able to use their $10 promotional credit from Fallout New Vegas? I have called twice and still can't use it.

[quote name='JPizz']Has anyone been able to use their $10 promotional credit from Fallout New Vegas? I have called twice and still can't use it.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to either, I contacted customer service via email and they credited me $10 on my last order placed.

Amazon contacted me back, they said I do have 2 $10 dollar credits in my account. So I had to reply back that only one was being added to an order instead of both. I'm assuming this $10 credit with Fallout New Vegas is borked.

[quote name='eau']I got a code but it's only 16 characters long. Aren't all XBL codes 25 chars in length?[/QUOTE]
Has anyone used their code yet? If so do you redeem the 16 digit code through the Xbox Live Marketplace?

I preordered Kirby's Epic Yarn so I didn't qualify for the credit. I sent them an email and they issued me a $10 credit for it. I would encourage anyone else who preordred the game from Amazon to email them and see if you can get the current credit.

OK, the Villager codes are redeemed here. Now, to redeem it is the tricky part. I have no idea what triggers it, but at complete random after creating a character there will be a button to the right that says 'Add Character To My Game' or something like that. Clicking that will open a confirmation box and this is where you input the code. Make sure you're done designing your character, because there's no going back. Submit and after a couple minutes you should see accepted in the same box. I clicked the submit button again after that, but I'm not really sure if that did anything.

Nothing was added to my DL queue, so I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe it's stored local to a server somewhere and when you play the game your character will show up. At this point, I have no fucking idea.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Amazon let me down for the first time today. Preorderd Fallout NV Collector's Edition months ago, find out today that it's backordered now, and my 3 month old preorder has not yet shipped. Luckily gamestop had one unclaimed copy left.
[/QUOTE]

From what I read in the Kmart thread, a lot of retailers had their CE shipments delayed. Looks like Amazon was one of them.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']From what I read in the Kmart thread, a lot of retailers had their CE shipments delayed. Looks like Amazon was one of them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, my Xbox 360 CE copy shipped yesterday and should be delivered by tomorrow. I used FSSS as well which is really odd since it usually takes them a few days to even process the order for shipment. I did pre-order a few months ago though.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, the Villager codes are redeemed here.[/QUOTE]

I used this link to fiddle around with it and it gives the option in the beginning to sign in before you create. Also once signed in you have the ability to just input your code.

From what I read in the Kmart thread, a lot of retailers had their CE shipments delayed. Looks like Amazon was one of them.
Yeah, Amazon must have been one of them. Looks like Gamestop got theirs though. They had 9 copies. 8 were already preordered and claimed, I snagged the last one. Thank goodness I woke up early.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, the Fable III Villager codes were sent out early this morning for those who care.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I checked my email and didn't see one from amazon....I preordered early yesterday if that matters....

Guys, if you pre-ordered Fallout New Vegas, check to make sure you actually got a promo credit. Someone in another thread said they didn't, and when I went to check, I found out that I didn't, either.

The Fable 3 villager maker thing has been spotty at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Don't even start the creation process unless you see a box in the bottom left hand corner that has a place for you to enter a code. Make sure you're signed in, then create your villager. When you're finished with your character and they appear on screen, there should be a button that says download to game. You click on that and enter in the 16 digit code.

For me, the xbox.com one wouldn't work and I finally got it to work at lionhead's website

If you can't get it to work, just come back later and try again.

Make sure to contact Amazon if your Fallout credit isnt adding to a order. I contacted them was told I had the credit, but I had to retell them that there was a problem with it adding and they fixed it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I preordered Kirby's Epic Yarn so I didn't qualify for the credit. I sent them an email and they issued me a $10 credit for it. I would encourage anyone else who preordred the game from Amazon to email them and see if you can get the current credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I'll be doing this in the future.

I pre-ordered Fable III a few months back and they just emailed be about the pre order bonus, problem is it's 16 characters..

Any advice? I think I'm going to email them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Make sure to contact Amazon if your Fallout credit isnt adding to a order. I contacted them was told I had the credit, but I had to retell them that there was a problem with it adding and they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed this as well. First time it's ever happened to me like this. Saying I had the credit, but actually didn't. Odd.

[quote name='mitnosi']
But I noticed the Laser Cell/Wallpaper item is no longer up on the Call of Duty Black Ops, might mean that there will be some credit coming to it again soon.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too and agree. I missed out on the credit. Hopefully it returns.

Gosh, I'm having a heck of a time getting my $10 from Amazon from my Fallout New Vegas purchase. 3 emails and all are the same generic replies. Hopefully one of these outsourced workers will finally get it right.

[quote name='Se7en69']Gosh, I'm having a heck of a time getting my $10 from Amazon from my Fallout New Vegas purchase. 3 emails and all are the same generic replies. Hopefully one of these outsourced workers will finally get it right.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same trouble. I think I'll have to call eventually.

[quote name='foxbatkllr']The Fable 3 villager maker thing has been spotty at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Don't even start the creation process unless you see a box in the bottom left hand corner that has a place for you to enter a code. Make sure you're signed in, then create your villager. When you're finished with your character and they appear on screen, there should be a button that says download to game. You click on that and enter in the 16 digit code.

For me, the xbox.com one wouldn't work and I finally got it to work at lionhead's website

If you can't get it to work, just come back later and try again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the villager maker tool on Lionhead's website works better. Here's a direct link. There's actually quite a lengthy thread about it on the Lionhead forums.

Oh, and the custom villager will download when you actually run the game. So nothing to d/l until the game comes out.

For what its worth - I got my Kirby $10 credit today after ordering a couple of days ago - so hopefully people aren't having problems with that like they are Fallout New Vegas.

I too was having Fallout: New Vegas credit issues and got a generic response about it, but now it seems my credit has magically made itself visible for game purchases. Might be the same for others who were having problems seemingly unresolved by customer support.

[quote name='Beat Grind Radio']I too was having Fallout: New Vegas credit issues and got a generic response about it, but now it seems my credit has magically made itself visible for game purchases. Might be the same for others who were having problems seemingly unresolved by customer support.[/QUOTE]

I also got a very generic response, one about how the credit takes two business days to show up. I mean, I think we all know that, but I got the e-mail about the credit now being available, the same as I did with Reach, except that the Reach credit was actually there. My credit still hasn't appeared, though, so I'm gonna give it until the end of the week and then call.

EDIT: Nevermind. Credit showed up.

[quote name='wolve']Yeah the villager maker tool on Lionhead's website works better. Here's a direct link. There's actually quite a lengthy thread about it on the Lionhead forums.

Oh, and the custom villager will download when you actually run the game. So nothing to d/l until the game comes out.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured, thanks for the info.

I also now have the credit applied.

Also - the price on FONV has changed to $56.99. I emailed them about a price adjustment. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'll just return and reorder.

[quote name='kak23']I also now have the credit applied.

Also - the price on FONV has changed to $56.99. I emailed them about a price adjustment. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'll just return and reorder.[/QUOTE]They'll tell you to get lost, most likely, since any price changes now, after release date, aren't covered by the pre-order price guarantee.

If you haven't received your game yet, or it hasn't shipped out yet, then you should be able to get them to give you the credit on it.

[quote name='shrike4242']They'll tell you to get lost, most likely, since any price changes now, after release date, aren't covered by the pre-order price guarantee.

If you haven't received your game yet, or it hasn't shipped out yet, then you should be able to get them to give you the credit on it.[/QUOTE]Any store, such as Target, would give me a price adjustment if something goes on sale the day after I bought it. I'd like to think that Amazon would be the same. Who knows.

[quote name='kak23']Any store, such as Target, would give me a price adjustment if something goes on sale the day after I bought it. I'd like to think that Amazon would be the same. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just cause you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not correct. Amazon no longer does price adjustments. They might do it once or twice as a courtesy but their policy is not to adjust after the game ships.

[quote name='confoosious']Dude, just cause you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not correct. Amazon no longer does price adjustments. They might do it once or twice as a courtesy but their policy is not to adjust after the game ships.[/QUOTE]
I never said that the answer was wrong. Stop being confrontational. Dude.

Quick Question (and before anyone tells me to search, I did, I just couldn't come up with something that wasn't so vague it included hundreds of results)

Do gaming coupons stack?

For instance I have the Fable 3 credit and the Duty credit coming in the future, can I slap that 40 on 1 game or will it have to be 2

Thanks

[quote name='H3xum']Quick Question (and before anyone tells me to search, I did, I just couldn't come up with something that wasn't so vague it included hundreds of results)

Do gaming coupons stack?

For instance I have the Fable 3 credit and the Duty credit coming in the future, can I slap that 40 on 1 game or will it have to be 2

Thanks[/QUOTE]

yes they stack.

[quote name='intoxicated662']is amazon offering any other deals other than the current one with dance masters? I missed out on the kinect+dance central bundle (with $20 credit upon purchasing both at the same time) and was looking to get kinect but might just hold out instead. no interesting deals anywhere..[/QUOTE]

anyone?

[quote name='kak23']I also now have the credit applied.

Also - the price on FONV has changed to $56.99. I emailed them about a price adjustment. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'll just return and reorder.[/QUOTE]

I've usually had pretty good luck getting a refund for items that drop the next day... I just express how I'm disappointed that they chose till the day after release to drop the price etc.

The most they can do is say no.... but if you don't ask you're still getting a no.

[quote name='Afflicted']

The most they can do is say no.... but if you don't ask you're still getting a no.[/QUOTE]

Except they must have a limit to their "goodwill" exceptions. I only ask when the difference is high enough. I figure they make a record of it every time. And depending on how good a customer your are and how many times you ask for an adjustment, they might deny you.

So i don't ask for a measly dollar or two.

bread's done
Back