Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon just gave me a $5 credit because Fallout New Vegas is $3 cheaper now.. just went to chat and told them and instantly got $5 game credit

Me:Hello i was charged $59.99 and now the price has very abruptly changed to $56.99, i was guaranteed if the price went down i would be re-imbursed the difference, i would like to know if i could be. 5:11:45 PM

Krista:I'm sorry that you were not refunded for the difference. Let me take a look into this here and see what I can do to help. 5:12:49 PM

Me:Thank you5:13:14 PM

Krista:I'm sorry in this case I can issue a $5.00 promotion into your account for the drop. Would this work for you. 5:15:21 PM

Me:I would appreciate that, thank you. 5:15:46 PM

Krista:thank you for your understanding. It has been issued.

I asked this earlier but did not get a response. If I order two unique versions of a game (normal edition and collector's edition), do I get the pre-order bonuses for both or just for one (ie do I get two bonus levels codes if I order a copy of the Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 LE and a copy of the normal edition.)

Got a $10 credit for the delay on Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition. Even after I canceled and found the last copy at my local gamestop. Guess it makes up for it after all my worrying of missing out on the CE due to their delays...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Got a $10 credit for the delay on Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition. Even after I canceled and found the last copy at my local gamestop. Guess it makes up for it after all my worrying of missing out on the CE due to their delays...[/QUOTE]

Are you in Indiana by any chance?

I also was hit with the delay however none of my other friends (not in Indiana) had an issue and they got theirs on Tuesday

So continuing the saga of Villager codes, Amazon notified me this morning of the proper way to redeem my code. It's the same as what we already figured out, so nothing we didn't already know. FYI, they state M$ will support this until 11/23 and YMMV being able to redeem beyond that date.

[quote name='vherub']kirby epic yarn still has the $10 amazon credit going[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the confirmation. Amazon needs to work out a way to show the credit deal even if another vendor is listed as cheapest pricing.

Still no credit for my Fallout:NV.

Btw, anyone in Pacific NW received their games in padded envelope lately? The Seattle distribution center sent my games in envelopes. That's not a problem until they decided to stuff things like Castlevania:LoS LE into an envelope twice, and Fallout:NV with it's lovely outer sleeve all crushed in the corners :bomb:

[quote name='eau']Still no credit for my Fallout:NV.

Btw, anyone in Pacific NW received their games in padded envelope lately? The Seattle distribution center sent my games in envelopes. That's not a problem until they decided to stuff things like Castlevania:LoS LE into an envelope twice, and Fallout:NV with it's lovely outer sleeve all crushed in the corners :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm in Central, but had the same problem with Castlevania. The outer sleeve of the LE was cracked.:bomb:. Not sure where it was distributed from.

[quote name='eau']Still no credit for my Fallout:NV.

Btw, anyone in Pacific NW received their games in padded envelope lately? The Seattle distribution center sent my games in envelopes. That's not a problem until they decided to stuff things like Castlevania:LoS LE into an envelope twice, and Fallout:NV with it's lovely outer sleeve all crushed in the corners :bomb:[/QUOTE]

This happens to me all the time with shipments from Amazon. If it happens to you feel free to send them an email or call them up and definitely fill out the packaging feedback for the order. I've been offered a partial refund or replacement most of the time.

[quote name='sabanoo']This happens to me all the time with shipments from Amazon. If it happens to you feel free to send them an email or call them up and definitely fill out the packaging feedback for the order. I've been offered a partial refund or replacement most of the time.[/QUOTE]
They offer a replacement but the real problem is that the SAME distributor center sends the replacement in the SAME freakin' manner. They sent me the replacement Castlenvia LoS LE in a fucking bubble envelope again. The package feedback doesn't do much perhaps until enough complains from number of people trigger the alarm. So far I haven't seen any changes in the way this particular distributor center packs their shipments.

Sending a cheap DVD or Blu-ray in an envelope is fine. But sending a $80 LE game in an envelope? I guess the minimum wage packers just don't give a fuck.

[quote name='eau']They offer a replacement but the real problem is that the SAME distributor center send the replacement in the SAME freakin' manner. They sent me the replacement Castlenvia LoS LE in a fucking bubble envelope again. The package feedback doesn't do much perhaps until enough complains from number of people trigger the alarm. So far I haven't seen any changes in the way this particular distributor center packs their shipments.

Sending a cheap DVD or Blu-ray in an envelope is fine. But sending a $80 LE game in an envelope? I guess the minimum wage packers just don't give a fuck.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree and the same thing usually happens to me as well. I complain about the bubble mailer for something like a LE and they send a replacement and it comes in...another bubble mailer.

I'll take a 30% refund if they actually offer it but it'd be nice if they put them in boxes instead. I always get the cheap stuff in boxes and the stuff that should be handled with more care in an envelope.

[quote name='sabanoo']I'll take a 30% refund if they actually offer it but it'd be nice if they put them in boxes instead. I always get the cheap stuff in boxes and the stuff that should be handled with more care in an envelope.[/QUOTE]
WTF! The best they ever offered me for a damaged LE was 20% off.

The same distributor center sent my Halo Reach LE in one of those cardboard wrappers that they use to ship books. So the mailer relied on the rigidity of the LE box to hold it in shape. Also, the mailer was so over-sized they you could put 2 LEs in it with room to spare (they didn't even put in any cushioning so the LE was free to slide inside the mailer). Luckily the LE was solid enough.

[quote name='eau']They offer a replacement but the real problem is that the SAME distributor center sends the replacement in the SAME freakin' manner. They sent me the replacement Castlenvia LoS LE in a fucking bubble envelope again. The package feedback doesn't do much perhaps until enough complains from number of people trigger the alarm. So far I haven't seen any changes in the way this particular distributor center packs their shipments.

Sending a cheap DVD or Blu-ray in an envelope is fine. But sending a $80 LE game in an envelope? I guess the minimum wage packers just don't give a fuck.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it has gotten to the point where I always have a back-up plan on CE/LE releases as there is about a 50/50 chance my Amazon order and the replacement will be damaged. Pretty much anything in a cardboard box (like some of the recent PSP limited editions) cannot be ordered on Amazon at all as I know with 100% certainty it will arrive damaged. I literally go to UPS or USPS once a week now and return damaged Amazon items. The shipping alone must be destroying any profit they should be making off me. I guess I'm lucky they haven't been banning frequent return users lately, although when I'm paying $80 or $100 for something, I don't think it's unreasonable to want it in the same condition it would be in at a local store. I am dreading opening my Fallout CE tomorrow when it arrives as I don't think they have replacements in stock right now.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yep, it has gotten to the point where I always have a back-up plan on CE/LE releases as there is about a 50/50 chance my Amazon order and the replacement will be damaged. Pretty much anything in a cardboard box (like some of the recent PSP limited editions) cannot be ordered on Amazon at all as I know with 100% certainty it will arrive damaged. I literally go to UPS or USPS once a week now and return damaged Amazon items. The shipping alone must be destroying any profit they should be making off me. I guess I'm lucky they haven't been banning frequent return users lately, although when I'm paying $80 or $100 for something, I don't think it's unreasonable to want it in the same condition it would be in at a local store. I am dreading opening my Fallout CE tomorrow when it arrives as I don't think they have replacements in stock right now.[/QUOTE]Let me tell you about items shipped in bubble mailers.

I had this very issue with one specific warehouse (Coffeyville, KS) that was shipping everything in bubble mailers, regardless of what they were. I dealt with packaging feedback, escalation to supervisors, even to Amazon's executive customer relations team. I was pretty much told that they would take my commentary under advisement and they would try to make their processes better. :roll:

If the item is damaged in shipment, I'm filling out packaging feedback (when I can, since you can't on any order that is more than 90 days old), filing for a return at Amazon's expense and making sure to specify how the item was to be sent back to me when reordered.

If it's a single item in an order and it's DVD-sized or smaller, plan on it being tossed into a bubble mailer. They sent me three BluRay titles in a book cardboard mailer :whistle2:s, multiple hardback guides in bubble mailer and lots of other foolishness.

They're making it harder and harder for single item purchases to survive shipping. Toss them into an A0 or A1 box, they'll make it far more times than being tossed into a bubble mailer.

I've been through Coffeyville. It's absolutely ghetto--not that it's the reason for the poor packaging. But yeah, the people I saw were like obese zombies living in an area that smelled like raw sewage.

Dreadful! I remember getting a package from Coffeyville and I immediately went to file a replacement request.

I think the packers are rated by the number of orders they have processed. So it's faster for them to toss everything in bubble mailers and then to fold/tape boxes up. They never give damn to how mint you would receive your stuff.

[quote name='eau']Dreadful! I remember getting a package from Coffeyville and I immediately went to file a replacement request.

I think the packers are rated by the number of orders they have processed. So it's faster for them to toss everything in bubble mailers and then to fold/tape boxes up. They never give damn to how mint you would receive your stuff.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right about that. I got a package last week in a box that literally was bulging several inches at the top as they had stuck two padding pouches in just before they taped it shut. Nobody in their right mind would have thrown that in the mail mostly because of the risk the box would pop open let alone ignoring the fact that the box being shipped contained a relatively soft boxed item, but Amazon did. I could go on and on, but as Skrike pointed out, Amazon doesn't care so I guess constant trips to UPS and USPS are the price I pay for saving some money.

1. I got a $5 credit for Enslaved yesterday for complaining they've repeatedly messed with the price, and I got it at launch.

2. I got a $5 credit for Kirby's Epic Yarn yesterday as well for yet again, thanks to Nintendo for their eco-friendly cases, getting a very slightly damaged disc. A sealed game should be clean and have no crap or anything on it. I'll never request a replacement because there's no point anymore, Nintendo went 'eco-friendly' but the manuals are still huge.

So I paid $56.96 for Enslaved, got it launch day, got a $10 credit, the $9 soundtrack for free and a $5 refund. I paid $49.99 for Kirby, got another $10 credit and another $5 refund. I'll take it.

I finally got my credit for Time Crisis:Rizing Storm, I had to email them about it. What has been up with Amazon, are they having issues? This is the second time in a few weeks I've had to email them about this. I've also had trouble looking up open orders and using the "email us" help option.

Is the credit and in game guitar bonus for Rock Band 3 available on amazon if you buy the game/keytar bundle?

I just got a 10 dollar gaming credit because my Fallout NV CE didn't make it release date delivery. I didn't even email them about it either. Pretty sweet:applause:

Lexington, Kentucky and Newark, DE are one of the best they have then
I havent had a single problem with shipping or packaging coming from those warehouse.

Living on New Jersey, my packages always arrive in time and UPS delivers the majority of them.
Every now and then would amazon try to shove me USPS or FedEx but i trust UPS more.

[quote name='cRodz']Lexington, Kentucky and Newark, DE are one of the best they have then
I havent had a single problem with shipping or packaging coming from those warehouse.

Living on New Jersey, my packages always arrive in time and UPS delivers the majority of them.
Every now and then would amazon try to shove me USPS or FedEx but i trust UPS more.[/QUOTE]
I agree Lexington, KY is where almost everything I buy from Amazon ships from and I have never had any packaging problems. I bought the Bioshock 2 LE when they had it on sale a few months ago. It came packaged inside 3 boxes and was in perfect shape no damage at all.

It's not very obvious on the product page, but Assassin's Creed: B is still eligible for $0.99 Release Day Delivery. Great deal w/ $15 credit.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']I agree Lexington, KY is where almost everything I buy from Amazon ships from and I have never had any packaging problems. I bought the Bioshock 2 LE when they had it on sale a few months ago. It came packaged inside 3 boxes and was in perfect shape no damage at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm in TN and pretty much all my stuff comes from Lexington, KY. Everything is perfectly packed and arrives right on time.

[quote name='emperordahc']I'm in TN and pretty much all my stuff comes from Lexington, KY. Everything is perfectly packed and arrives right on time.[/QUOTE]
I'm in Ohio and most of my stuff comes through KY, too. It's all been perfect, so I was surprised to hear others were getting damaged goods from Amazon.

I'm in St. Louis, and I've seen most of my stuff come from Coffeyville KS, Whitestown IN or Lexington KY. I've also seen items come from Newark DE, CA, NH, plus some others that I can't think of.

Yet to receive my Fallout New Vegas credit.

I'm not going to complain as I got credited the $20 for Castlevania three times. After not receiving it initially, I fired off an email and they gave me a generic $20 credit I used on a book. Then a few days later I got the standardized Amazon email stating my purchase had qualified me for a $20 credit. I emailed Amazon and had them apply that credit to an existing order. I then checked and they had nonetheless left the $20 credit in my account after manually applying it so I quickly ordered a Live points cards.

After I finish the game and trade it back in, I'll actually come out profiting from this purchase.

[quote name='sadboy']I've been through Coffeyville. It's absolutely ghetto--not that it's the reason for the poor packaging. But yeah, the people I saw were like obese zombies living in an area that smelled like raw sewage.[/QUOTE]

I live 2hrs from Coffeyville and the reason for the poor packaging is because most of the workers are methheads.

Does anyone have the verbiage or screen shot of the free NFS Shift offer for preordering NFS Hot Pursuit? The one that they initially offered, then took down and finally replaced with the $20 credit offer.

[quote name='eau']Does anyone have the verbiage or screen shot of the free NFS Shift offer for preordering NFS Hot Pursuit? The one that they initially offered, then took down and finally replaced with the $20 credit offer.[/QUOTE]

I don't have one, but I remember it specifically said that they had limited supplies. They most likely pulled the offer because they ran out of stock.

I vaguely remember that they would actually give you a promotion code that you will have to use to order NFS Shift, instead of bundling Shift directly in your Hot Pursuit shipment. It would be good to see the actual verbiage again.

[quote name='cRodz']Lexington, Kentucky and Newark, DE are one of the best they have then

Every now and then would amazon try to shove me USPS or FedEx but i trust UPS more.[/QUOTE]

I live in NJ, too. I like when FedEx delivers. Every time I've ordered something that will arrive on a Saturday, it has to come FedEx since UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. And ever time it has come on Friday instead.

[quote name='icedrake523']I live in NJ, too. I like when FedEx delivers. Every time I've ordered something that will arrive on a Saturday, it has to come FedEx since UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. And ever time it has come on Friday instead.[/QUOTE]
you are right.
But FedEx would usually give it to USPS for them to deliver.
Not bad considering that the item will indeed be delivered on a Saturday unlike lazy UPS

I still prefer UPS..sort of preferred, or at least when they used to deliver my packages early in the morning like at 9 am or 10am.
Now, they just slipped off and give em to me like at 3 or 12. From 12 to 3 pm i have to stop whatever i do and i wait patiently for my package

sucks cause i have to pay attention to the doorbell and their delivery schedule is now quite unstable.

Did Amazon pull the plug on the $20 game credit for preordering the Fable 3 limited edition? I placed my order on August 7th, and for the longest time Amazon was only offering it for the regular edition. Then, out of the blue, they were offering it for both versions. I just checked it, and they are back to offering it for the regular version, not the limited edition. I hope they honor it for us.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002I0JGDM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

[quote name='FeralWraith']Looks like they are out of fable 3 collector's editions to pre-order. It's being sold by target right now.[/QUOTE]
That would explain it. I see that now, thanks:)

[quote name='GregSal1']Did Amazon pull the plug on the $20 game credit for preordering the Fable 3 limited edition? I placed my order on August 7th, and for the longest time Amazon was only offering it for the regular edition. Then, out of the blue, they were offering it for both versions. I just checked it, and they are back to offering it for the regular version, not the limited edition. I hope they honor it for us.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002I0JGDM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

I was just about to cancel my regular edition and get the LE, too. But the Target shipping costs kinda kill it for me, so sticking to regular edition I guess.

just wondering if I do the pre order and then end up returning the game (IE did it for Fable III but I might do BB's deal instead)... do they know to take away the credit?

[quote name='GOAT89']just wondering if I do the pre order and then end up returning the game (IE did it for Fable III but I might do BB's deal instead)... do they know to take away the credit?[/QUOTE]Yes, they do. It says so in the description of the credit.

bread's done
Back