Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
So LBP2 now has $20 credit on Amazon!

But the Special Edition doesn't! Do you guys think it will soon? I don't pre-order much at all. My little sis really wants this.

Amazon never has video game credit for special editions. Makes me :( since I have LBP2 special edition preordered as well.

[quote name='evenfl0w']Amazon never has video game credit for special editions. Makes me :( since I have LBP2 special edition preordered as well.[/QUOTE]
Seriously?? This sucks. I really want the CE and ive already preordered, but the lack of credit is really starting to make me think twice about it. Especially since i also want the Dead Space CE.
Anybody tried calling customer service at amazon and see what they say about it?

I'd rather get $20 instead of spend $20 for 11 costumes, 5 PSN exclusive avatars, and bookends + sackboy plus.

We still get the animal costumes and Ratchet and Clank! So good deal :)

If they don't add one to the LBP2 CE then odds are they won't add one for the Dead Space 2 CE. Would love Amazon forever if they added the credit to DP2 CE, but very doubtful. Even a 10 dollar credit would be swell.

[quote name='yokofox33']If they don't add one to the LBP2 CE then odds are they won't add one for the Dead Space 2 CE. Would love Amazon forever if they added the credit to DP2 CE, but very doubtful. Even a 10 dollar credit would be swell.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE AMAZON DO THIS !!!!!

I just placed my preorder for both Mass Effect 2 and Little Big Planet 2. I was not going to get those, unless if there was some sort of deal with it. Now I just have to wait for some sort of promo credit gets added onto Dead Space 2.

I put a preorder in for LBP2 as well. Was going to get it from a private seller for 50 anyway so this was just great. It would even more epic if they added .99 RDD though :). Now I'm stuck with this FSSS :|

had the collectors of LBP preordered.... was debating before the $20 credit...

had to cancel and go with the normal version... couldn't justify the $40 difference.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']amazon we are still waiting for the dead space 2 credit, kmart is giving out $25[/QUOTE]
No they aren't. It's a free $20 points card.

I get the impression that Amazon is going to have more than a handful of LBP Collector's Editions sitting around for awhile after this 'eleventh hour' $20 credit. I know they've got one more to eventually get rid of. Kind of seems like poor planning on their/Sony's part (I don't know how these credit deals work on the retailer end of things).

P.S. Amazon/Sony, had you added a last-minute $10 credit to the CE, I probably would've stuck with it. For whatever that's worth.

So wait...the vanilla LBP 2 gets a $20 gaming credit, but the CE doesn't?:cry: Oh well. Not like the CE is costing me more than $20 total between games I traded and promo credit.;):razz:

So I'm still happy, especially cuz I'm getting release day delivery on it too.:D

i need amazon to match targets $50 gift card this week cause my ps3 crapped out on me again today and am ready to just pick up a slim

[quote name='Astro7x']So if we pre-ordered LBP2 from Amazon before they offered the credit, we still get the credit, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes you will get the promotional credit.

Amazon.com Exclusive-Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also gain access to the Amazon exclusive Ratchet & Clank Sackboy costumes, as well as four "Even More Animals" costumes. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='JPizz']Yes you will get the promotional credit.[/B][/QUOTE]

Sweet! So glad I decided to Pre-Order from Amazon rather than Best Buy. Best Buy wouldn't let me do the pre-order with in store pickup to save on shipping and get it day of release, so I opted to just wait two days for shipping rather than make two trips to the store. Glad I did that, I'd be kicking myself right now otherwise!

Did LBP2 CE ever have a $20 promo credit? I preordered so long ago that I can't remember. But I remember being excited for the CE contents which makes me think I purchased it without it having $20 credit.

[quote name='zerocool397']Apparently amazon has finally added release date delivery to LBP2, which is free if you are a prime member.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!
I just changed my shipping speed to release-date delivery. My order is now "being prepared for shipment". :bouncy:

[quote name='zerocool397']Apparently amazon has finally added release date delivery to LBP2, which is free if you are a prime member.[/QUOTE]

I have had the CE version preordered with release date delivery since about mid December.

[quote name='JPizz']Yes you will get the promotional credit.

Amazon.com Exclusive-Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also gain access to the Amazon exclusive Ratchet & Clank Sackboy costumes, as well as four "Even More Animals" costumes
543.jpg
A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh jea! hehe :)

Is there .99 RDD? My FSSS order says I'll get it anywhere from Tuesday - Saturday of Next week :mad:

EDIT: I just checked and there's only Free 2 day Shipping for the standard edition. Don't see any RDD :/

2nd EDIT: Checked for the CE as well and I don't see RDD for that either?

[quote name='lordopus99']I have had the CE version preordered with release date delivery since about mid December.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I placed my order yesterday (reg edition) after finding out about the credit and they did not have that as an option. Since I am an impatient person I went to view my orders and decided to check shipping speed and it had been added.

Oh well, I went with a 1 month trial of Prime. Looks like I'll be getting it on Friday. That's cool with me since I'll be having midterms.

[quote name='insix003']I just placed my preorder for both Mass Effect 2 and Little Big Planet 2. I was not going to get those, unless if there was some sort of deal with it. Now I just have to wait for some sort of promo credit gets added onto Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

Anyone knows if Mass Effect 2 has Release-Date Delivery? And if that's so, is it going for $0.99? Or more?

Edit: Nevermind, just checked and they aren't offering RDD, bummer.

I think RDD has been cut. It's too late in the day now to get RDD. At least for LBP2. On the bright side, my copy of LBP2 is already being prepared for shipping :)

[quote name='scarhawk']I think RDD has been cut. It's too late in the day now to get RDD. At least for LBP2. On the bright side, my copy of LBP2 is already being prepared for shipping :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now thinking, since the release is tomorrow there's no way to guarantee it would be on time (at this point).

[quote name='scarhawk']Yup. Why the hell would Amazon add RDD one day before Release Day?[/QUOTE]

Heheheh. Oh well, since the $20 promotional credit was still up I gave in and pre-ordered Mass Effect 2.

$56.99 with a $20 video game credit is almost like $36.99 which is not bad considering that it might take a couple of months to reach that point (I doubt that the game's price would drop weeks after it was released), and also it's not common to see a $20 price drop (it's usually $10~$15).

LBP kept its value pretty well. I don't see this dropping to $36 for probably another 6-7 months. I actually got Amazon to change my shipping speed as well. :) The game should be here on Thursday :D

I think it sucks that Amazon is now offering the $20 credit for the standard version of LBP2. As I've had the Collector's Edition on order for a few weeks, and by the time this $20 credit on the regular edition came up, it was too late for me to cancel my order for the CE. They have a well deserved reputation for great customer service, so I decided to grief about it, and see where that would get me. Not far, as it turns out.

[quote name='scarhawk']Oh well, I went with a 1 month trial of Prime. Looks like I'll be getting it on Friday. That's cool with me since I'll be having midterms.[/QUOTE]

You know, if you're a student, you can get a year of Prime FREE.

If anyone is interested, just checked Mass Effect 2, and even tho the game already released, the $20 promotional credit is still being offered, with the title Amazon.com Pre-order Bonus.

[quote name='primalcarnage']Damn, That was fast.
Already got my $20 Amazon credit for both Mass Effect and LBP2 already, and the games haven't even shipped yet...[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I just hope I get my credit on time for the B2G1 promotion, but it might take a while, I pre-ordered yesterday...

for a moment there.. i thought it said LBP 2 and Mass Effect 2 to for $20 each lol--- still good deals tho, thx cheapy

[quote name='o_O']My copy of LBP2 has been "shipping soon" since yesterday. Anyone else's taking a while?[/QUOTE]
Same with me, "shipping soon" since yesterday. Dlc code was emailed but no promo credit yet.

-Update-
Contacted Amazon about this, the response was basically "you're not getting this till Friday". Pretty crappy of them to put it into "shipping soon" status so early, otherwise I could have cancelled the order and gone with a b2g1 at BB.

mine is out for delivery

NJ CAGs...
Mine shipped out from Parsippany, NJ so i am sure we will get them today.
Hooray for two-day shipping

[quote name='lilman']Same with me, "shipping soon" since yesterday. Dlc code was emailed but no promo credit yet.
543.jpg

-Update-
543.jpg

Contacted Amazon about this, the response was basically "you're not getting this till Friday". Pretty crappy of them to put it into "shipping soon" status so early, otherwise I could have cancelled the order and gone with a b2g1 at BB.[/QUOTE]

lol. "shipping soon"... may as well not even have the 'soon' part..

bread's done
Back