Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']I didn't get my Mass Effect 2 credit and I had to do like 5 emails and 1 chat in order to get it resolved. They either said the credit was already added to my account (it was a past credit for a different game) or simply ignored my emails. A rep referred my case to marketing dept or just to get me off his back. Of course, I never heard back from such dept.

Btw, Did LBP2 CE has a pre-order bonus code for some Ratchet & Clank costume? Did Dead Space 2 CE also have a preorder bonus in-game stuff (in addition to Ignition)? I haven't received any of them :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I think I have Ratchet and Clank costumes in game now that I think about it. Not sure where they came from exactly. I want that $20 credit though. I had that game preordered from forever ago.

Preordered Bulletstorm off Amazon. I should of bought it at K-mart but personally I can't see myself buying anything in K-mart after Bulletstorm is released. Hoping for some type of credit, if not no biggie. Bulltstorm is going to be fucking awesome.

[quote name='eau']I didn't get my Mass Effect 2 credit and I had to do like 5 emails and 1 chat in order to get it resolved. They either said the credit was already added to my account (it was a past credit for a different game) or simply ignored my emails. A rep referred my case to marketing dept or just to get me off his back. Of course, I never heard back from such dept.

Btw, Did LBP2 CE has a pre-order bonus code for some Ratchet & Clank costume? Did Dead Space 2 CE also have a preorder bonus in-game stuff (in addition to Ignition)? I haven't received any of them :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I think I have Ratchet and Clank costumes in game now that I think about it. Not sure where they came from exactly. I want that $20 credit though. I had that game preordered from forever ago.[/QUOTE]

Uhhg I shot off an email to customer service. They can't find the promotion. Anyone have a screen cap or a page cache of it? Was it normal credit or specifically gaming credit?

Crap!! So it seems that you simply don't get the $20 if you ordered the CE. That was only offered on the standard edition. I'd had the CE pre-ordered since over 6 months ago so I didn't even think to double check when I saw they'd added a $20 credit to Little Big Planet 2. I figured it'd get applied to any open order like I've experienced in the past. This sucks.

Ratchet and Crank come with the CE.

• LittleBigPlanet 2 game disc
  • 7" collectable Sackboy plushie
  • Exclusive LBP2 game ends (bookends)
  • 11 DLC Sackboy costumes including:
    • Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3's Alien's Sackboy costume
    • Disney's TRON Legacy "CLU" Sackboy costume
    • The Muppets "The Great Gonzo" Sackboy costume
    • PlayStation's "Ratchet" Sackboy costume
    • PlayStation's "Crank" Sackboy costume
    • Even More Animals' "Crocodile" Sackboy costume
    • Even More Animals' "Vulture" Sackboy costume
    • Even More Animals' "Cobra" Sackboy costume
    • Even More Animals' "Mandril" Sackboy costume
  • 2 Sackboy costumes exclusive to LBP2 (Jax and Daxter costumes)
  • 5 exclusive Sackboy themed PSN avatars

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Fear 3 has a $20 credit plus a fear 3 comic book for ps3, xbox 360 and pc[/QUOTE]
Really the pc version is included?!
amazon rarely includes the pc ver

[quote name='eau']Btw, Did LBP2 CE has a pre-order bonus code for some Ratchet & Clank costume? Did Dead Space 2 CE also have a preorder bonus in-game stuff (in addition to Ignition)? I haven't received any of them :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I found the answer to my own questions.

1) The R&C costume code was offered to the regular LBP2 only, as the CE already has it in the super voucher.
2) DS2 has a hack suit that can be unlocked when you play Ignition. There is no code involved besides the code for Ignition that you should have received at the time when you preordered the game.

[quote name='MachineElf']Is there a thread for pre-order deals for all stores? I want to pick up Bulletstorm, Killzone 3, and Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]
No but here's some links to games with bonus offers (credits/exclusive junk and such):

Amazon
Kmart
Walmart (Walmart is including a $10 egift card with Bulletstorm even though it isn't listed here for some reason)
Gamestop for PS3
Gamestop for Xbox
Best Buy
Target (no link because they dont have deals!)

Even tho we dont know the deal on crysis 2 just yet, K-mart still has the best deal for those titles, buy bulletstorm and Killzone and get crysis 2 for 20 bucks, plus whatever deal Josh swings with it.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Bulletstorm: Epic Edition now has a $10 credit associated with it.
http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-E..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296689283&sr=1-1

$58, release date shipping, and $10 credit makes it impossible for me to pass up. The demo is so dope![/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I don't see any mention of existing preorders being eligible for the $10 promo credit. Usually I'd cancel and reorder, but I used a couple old credits on my preorder and I'm sure one of them expired. I hope existing preorders will still get this new credit deal.

[quote name='wolve']Hmmm, I don't see any mention of existing preorders being eligible for the $10 promo credit. Usually I'd cancel and reorder, but I used a couple old credits on my preorder and I'm sure one of them expired. I hope existing preorders will still get this new credit deal.[/QUOTE]

i'm in the same situation. i don't think theres been a case where existing preorders haven't qualified for the credit...but i'll probably just email amazon later to confirm.

[quote name='y2jasper']i'm in the same situation. i don't think theres been a case where existing preorders haven't qualified for the credit...but i'll probably just email amazon later to confirm.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat as well (had it preordered with some old bonus credit applied). I am emailing them now and will post my answer when received.

[quote name='davyd']Portal 2 is now listed for $54.99 and comes with a $5 credit.[/QUOTE]

Has Amazon changed there credit process? Do they still cover pre-existing pre-orders when they offer these credits now? I don't see it in the verbiage in the offer anymore. It would suck especially if you ordered it originally at a lower price and then after that they offer a gc with the price of the game being higher.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I'm in the same boat as well (had it preordered with some old bonus credit applied). I am emailing them now and will post my answer when received.[/QUOTE]
Here is the reply I got (basically, you need to email them to get your credit if you preordered before they added the ten dollar credit).

Hello,

I understand your concern about receiving $10 promotional certificate for purchasing
"Bulletstorm - Epic Edition."

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during
the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special
discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

As you've placed the order before we listed the promotion on our website, your order is
ineligible to receive the $10 promotional certificate.

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy and issued a $10 promotional
certificate to your account. You can use this funds the next time you order an item
shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at
checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a
claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you
place an order.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Here is the reply I got (basically, you need to email them to get your credit if you preordered before they added the ten dollar credit).

Hello,

I understand your concern about receiving $10 promotional certificate for purchasing

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during
the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special

As you've placed the order before we listed the promotion on our website, your order is

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy and issued a $10 promotional
certificate to your account. You can use this funds the next time you order an item
shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at
checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a
claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you
place an order.[/QUOTE]

Oh well that sucks as it means they changed their policy. I just changed my order to another account because I have credits on my first account I don't want to use for Portal 2 as I'm unsure if I will buy this game. Still sucks in the future if the price changes for the worst when they offer a gc.

Can anybody else NOT change the shipping speed when preordering Bulletstorm? It says it is loading, but it stays on Standard Shipping.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Here is the reply I got (basically, you need to email them to get your credit if you preordered before they added the ten dollar credit).

Hello,

claim code.

place an order.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed customer service too, but got quite a different response.

Hello,

I checked the description of the Bulletstorm - Epic Edition offer and see we'll send your promotional credit directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships.

As long as your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your promotional certificate by February 23. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Don't know who to believe. Anyways no point for me to reorder, especially considering one of the now expired promo credits I used is more than $10.

this is the response i got about my bulletstorm preorder:

Hello,

I've researched this promotion, and I found your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer.

Specifically, this $10.00 promotional credit is applicable to orders placed only after the offer has been started.

However, I've made an exception and issue you a promotional credit of $10.00 to your account once your order ships on February 21, 2011.

I' ll personally follow up with you and will send you an email, once i issue the $10.00 promotional credit.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003H0CC2O

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

We apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

That's exactly why I wait until the last minute to pre-order. They didn't add the credit on Little Big Planet 2 until a day or two before release.

Also, here's the good news - you can cancel pre-orders and then re-order them to get the new bonuses. I've done that before to get the $.99 release day shipping. If you do that, it should add the new pre-order bonuses.

Yep, I canceled my original Bulletstorm preorder, and just re-preordered it. They make it easy enough, just seems like it would be easier on their systems to just give it to all existing preorderes and save themselves a lot of cancellations and emails to their customer service dept.

[quote name='puckett101']That's exactly why I wait until the last minute to pre-order. They didn't add the credit on Little Big Planet 2 until a day or two before release.

Also, here's the good news - you can cancel pre-orders and then re-order them to get the new bonuses. I've done that before to get the $.99 release day shipping. If you do that, it should add the new pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

cancelling and reordering isn't a viable option for everyone though, such as for example people who used $10/$20 credits from preordering other games, and those credits have since then expired.

Someone tell Amazon to give me $20 credit on KZ3 and a good exclusive bonus (not that 3 unlock points crap).....
EDIT: Tbh, I'd rather have Walmart do it so I can save my Amazon credit for other deals, but it's fine either way..
Off to play SSF4, then the KZ3 open beta.... if it works.

if this is true, amazon just took another step to piss me off. I was mad enough when they got rid of the price adjustments...now their "pre-order" guarantee is not worth shit...they can get technical all they want, but if they offer a gift card, or lower the price, it is all part of what I view as the total price of that product. They are counting on people using gift cards towards purchases...hook them with pre-orders, then offer gift cards for that next wave of people looking to get the game. By taking away the pre-order guarantee when it comes to gift cards, they are basically screwing over anyone who pre-orders a game with a gift card before the full deal is offered.

Now I wonder if I am going to have problems with Gears of War 3. I used my Red Dead 20 dollars on it when I found it in my gold box...so I got it for like 37 bucks. There was no 20 gift card when I did the order, but when it went up it said it would be applied to all existing pre-orders. Now that part is gone. UGH...

so are you guys getting bulletstorm? what about dragon age 2, im thinking i will wait for the ultimate edition after getting dragon age 1 and all that extra stuff kept coming out. i hope they get preorder bonuses and promo credits for all these new games. I wish they had listings for saints row 3 and dark souls already.

[quote name='y2jasper']cancelling and reordering isn't a viable option for everyone though, such as for example people who used $10/$20 credits from preordering other games, and those credits have since then expired.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I just sent another e-mail to Amazon asking if they would give me a $10 credit for my old Bulletstorm preorder.

I had no desire to get Bulletstorm until I tried the demo. The game is a LOT of fun. Cool gameplay mechanics and hysterical dialog. PREORDERED!

[quote name='HornyPony']Credit for MLB 2K11 bumped from $5 to $10. Very tempting...[/QUOTE]
Wonder if there's even a remote chance of The Show getting a credit.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']how about some $20 GC for killzone 3 preorder, that would be neat :)[/QUOTE]
They might pull one right before release :)

I seriously doubt they'll up the credit of MvC3. But for LBP2, it jumped from $0 credit to $20 credit 2 days before release, so I guess it's possible. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have $20 credit on MvC3. I have a 360 and PS3 copy preordered to get double the credits.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i got lucky on that 20credit for mass effect 2. hopefully they up the bulletstorm credit to 20 also ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh god, then this would make the 10th time I've had to cancel my pre-order for Bulletstorm.

bread's done
Back