Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']They probably just have limited edition for all three because the Bonus offer box does not change. It's always been like that. Only the 360 version contains the GOW Beta though and that's why they call it the epic edition.[/QUOTE]
Sweet.
Now I just hope the lack of advance reviews isn't a bad sign. It should be like The Club on steroids. What could go wrong?

Hey I already pre-ordered Killzone 3 awhile ago so I am good with getting that credit right? It automatically applies to pre-existing orders?

[quote name='The1stMJC']Hey I already pre-ordered Killzone 3 awhile ago so I am good with getting that credit right? It automatically applies to pre-existing orders?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You and I both are good to go! This made my week. :applause:

When I order killzone 3 it says nothing about the credit (says it on the product page, but not my order page) I'll still get it right?

[quote name='arinaldi']Yes. You and I both are good to go! This made my week. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Awesome to hear. I built up enough credit last time so Killzone 3 didn't cost me anything and now I will recieve $20 more which will go to MvC3 or Fight Night Champions. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Well Amazon just stole an order of Killzone 3 from Best Buy and Bulletstorm from Newegg....congrats Amazon and you saved me 30 dollars (got BS for 50 at newegg)

Hooray last minute deals

[quote name='Saint Noir']Also interesting that the KZ3 credit is a straight Amazon credit and not just a video game credit.[/QUOTE]
This is how they have been doing all video game credits that were applied to games this year.

Is there a way to tell if you look at your order if it has the promotional credit? I preordered bulletstorm several months ago and used a promo credit that has long since expired.

[quote name='Xellos2099']marvel vs capcom 3 is videogame credit i think.[/QUOTE]
It was, but the credit was added last year. Seems like all credit that has been tagged to a game this year is been general amazon credit.

That's pretty awesome that Pokemon is getting a 5 dollar credit. Better than nothing I suppose.

Now I got 35 dollars in pending credit from Killzone 3, Pokemon White, and Crysis 2. Add a 10 dollar credit to Dragon Age 2, Amazon!

[quote name='nas6034']anyone get their $10 credit from mvc3 for 360 or ps3? it says within 2 days and I still havent received anything yet.[/QUOTE]
Yup, had it since yesterday. Used it to order Pokemon White.

When you guys are ordering killzone, is it saying the 20$ promo credit on the order page when you place the order, or just on the product page?

edit: I asked a live-chat rep and got an answer. The credit will come as usual. In case anyone else was wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the $10 credit for MVC3 only for the standard editions? I didn't get any notifications about any credit. I ordered the collectors edition of it.

[quote name='emceelokey']Was the $10 credit for MVC3 only for the standard editions? I didn't get any notifications about any credit. I ordered the collectors edition of it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe it was standard edition only. Amazon doesn't really give credit towards collector's editions.

[quote name='wilflare']should i jump on KZ3? :X not really into FPS...[/QUOTE]
Try the demo. If your not really into FPS then I wouldn't just get it unless you play it and like it.

[quote name='Amazon Twitter']amazongames Amazon Games
To all who have asked...if you've already pre-ordered Bullestorm in any capacity, you'll receive the $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon posted this in their Twitter feed. I know I was wondering, and I saw a fw people asking. Hope this helps.

Link

Ok, so I didn't preorder Bulletstorm (mainly because I was leaning towards PC version), and they bumped the price when they added the credit.

Did have KZ3 pre-ordered, and they didn't raise the price on it (still $57.99).

That's what you call a CAG d'oh.

Thread title finally got an edit and no love for FEAR 3. Even the PC version gets the $20 so that's huge.

Dear Newegg,

I'm sorry, but I'm leaving you. It's nothing you've done wrong; it's just that my first love, Amazon, really stepped up her game with the Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 offers. I'm cheap at heart, so while your $10 cheaper than retail preorder price on these titles was a valiant effort, ultimately Amazon stepped up, so now I must kick you to the curb. Thanks for trying.

P.S. Maybe we can hook up again some day.

[quote name='Lucian']Dear Newegg,

I'm sorry, but I'm leaving you. It's nothing you've done wrong; it's just that my first love, Amazon, really stepped up her game with the Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 offers. I'm cheap at heart, so while your $10 cheaper than retail preorder price on these titles was a valiant effort, ultimately Amazon stepped up, so now I must kick you to the curb. Thanks for trying.

P.S. Maybe we can hook up again some day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cancelled my newegg order for KZ3 also as saving $9 wasn't worth it when I can get $11($20-$9) more in a GC from Amazon.

Looks like Poke'mon black & white got pre order credit now.

(Pre-order pokemon black or white and received a $5 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.co)

Okay so, I went into my orders and happened to notice that my FEAR 3 for ps3 order now showed it for 360.
And when you choose FEAR 3 for ps3 it makes you choose 360 or PC

Are they just not selling the PS3 version anymore?

Something I noticed about the $10 promo credit for Mass Effect 3 is that it is a general use credit. I wonder if they change it from a $10 general use credit to a $20 video game credit closer to time if you would get both credits or only the greater of the two.

bread's done
Back