Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. If anyone got in on the $15 credit on Homefront, along with the price of $41.96, then you got an insane deal. Even moreso: Amazon just sent me an email including a $5 video game credit to apologize for the delay of the Homefront Avatar codes from pre-ordering.

So if you preordered and they gave you the $41.96 price when you emailed in.. then for $41.96, you got Homefront (360 or PS3) and $20 in video game credit. Lol.

Got $41.96 and $15 credit. $30 including tax and shipping to my door. May not be for everyone, but i think it's worth $30, especially since i can resell it for $15 or 20 in a few weeks i'm sure.

Interesting, but I won't be able to have it on Sunday at launch and this is probably the only game I'll be buying for the 3DS so I'm going to have to pass.

I'm a big SSFIV fan, but I'm afraid to buy it on 3DS just because I know it'll put heavy wear on the buttons.

That said, ecstatic about getting the 3DS, but this has to be one of the worst launches of games ever.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm a big SSFIV fan, but I'm afraid to buy it on 3DS just because I know it'll put heavy wear on the buttons.

That said, ecstatic about getting the 3DS, but this has to be one of the worst launches of games ever.[/QUOTE]

The PS1/2/3/Xbox 360/Wii/DS/GBA/PSP etc. say hello.

[quote name='isofan1']$40 for a handheld game?[/QUOTE]

Paid $0.99 for Street Fighter IV for my iPod. Imagine why the 3DS' prices aren't setting well with me. :)

BTW, I ordered Portal 2 when Amazon was offering the $5 credit. IF they up it to the $20 card to match Walmart, would I need to cancel/reorder or would it automatically upgrade me to the $20 credit?

[quote name='Rakai'][quote name='mr_bungle']I'm a big SSFIV fan, but I'm afraid to buy it on 3DS just because I know it'll put heavy wear on the buttons.

That said, ecstatic about getting the 3DS, but this has to be one of the worst launches of games ever.[/QUOTE]
The PS1/2/3/Xbox 360/Wii/DS/GBA/PSP etc. say hello.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to argue about some of these, but checking wikipedia kind of shuts me up... Heck I would even consider adding the N64 and Gamecube despite the fact that Mario 64 and Luigis Mansion are rather well received.

To take it to the next level, has there ever been a great system launch?

[quote name='Zaku77']Yesh, hell of a big difference between an iphone version of street fighter and a full proper game![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but $39 dollars difference? I ask that and I bought SSF43DE.

Did strong bad write that acronym?

[quote name='emperordahc']BTW, I ordered Portal 2 when Amazon was offering the $5 credit. IF they up it to the $20 card to match Walmart, would I need to cancel/reorder or would it automatically upgrade me to the $20 credit?[/QUOTE]
We'll have to wait for the language in the credit, if they match. Hopefully it will say it applies to existing preorders.

[quote name='foltzie']I wanted to argue about some of these, but checking wikipedia kind of shuts me up... Heck I would even consider adding the N64 and Gamecube despite the fact that Mario 64 and Luigis Mansion are rather well received.

To take it to the next level, has there ever been a great system launch?[/QUOTE]

Dreamcast.

Soul Calibur and NFL 2K were absolutely spectacular compared to anything we had before. Power Stone was pretty amazing.

Sonic Adventure, while it hasn't aged well, was amazing.

Hydro Thunder, Tokyo Extreme Racer, Ready 2 Rumble, etc, were all extremely good.

Sure, there were clunkers, but when about 50% of the launch titles were between "good" and "fantastic" games, it was about as good of a launch as any system before or since.

[quote name='Justin42']Dreamcast.

Soul Calibur and NFL 2K were absolutely spectacular compared to anything we had before. Power Stone was pretty amazing.

Hydro Thunder, Tokyo Extreme Racer, Ready 2 Rumble, etc, were all extremely good.

Sure, there were clunkers, but when about 50% of the launch titles were between "good" and "fantastic" games, it was about as good of a launch as any system before or since.[/QUOTE]

You forgot House of the Dead 2, and I believe Power Stone was a launch title as well. If it wasn't definitely in the "Launch window".

[quote name='Lucian']We'll have to wait for the language in the credit, if they match. Hopefully it will say it applies to existing preorders.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the text on those! Thanks!

[quote name='Rakai']The PS1/2/3/Xbox 360/Wii/DS/GBA/PSP etc. say hello.[/QUOTE]

Oh, come now! Don't sell the PS1 short. It had that fighter game with the hot blonde that would b****slap people after she whipped them or Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer! PS2 had the fireworks game! FIREWORKS! PS3 had that outstanding SOE title AND Resistance. ;) Xbox 360 had a Call of Duty game, didn't it? AND KING KONG! The Wii had a pack-in! The DS had Touch the Magic! TOUCH THE MAGIC, BABY! Not at all creepy. PSP had LUMINES! LUUUUMINES! And I think it had Wipeout, too, didn't it? GBA... I have no idea. I'm drawing a blank. I think I might have gotten that one AFTER the launch "window."

Haha, those I listed up there were all launch DAY. Nintendo invented this "launch window" business to try and get around the fact their launch DAY is gonna suck for 3DS. Because you know what? They don't have a fireworks game, they don't have a creepy Touching the Magic game, and they ESPECIALLY don't have a Call of Duty title.

They got a couple of pack-in demos, a limited submarine game (a first party release no less!), and a WHOLE LOTTA PORTS. Even beyond the launch "window" they got mostly ports coming as the BIG titles for first party. For their latest and greatest hardware launch, it may not be totally surprising that they're launching so poorly, but for the most expensive handheld they've ever released you'd HOPE they had more content on day 1 to make you want it. They didn't even bother to deliver DSi to 3DS transfer, internet browsing, or the digital store on Day 1 either, though, so perhaps this is a paid beta program. If so, I feel for you guys. Next year, they're almost certain to release an improved 3DS that at the very least has a better battery because 3 hours is... yeah, that's gonna annoy a lot o' people.

3DS is not as bad as the PS2 launch, but it's certainly not a great one. Launch Day-wise. Launch Window is such a INVENTED, nebulous, and odd term, that I don't really think it means anything. I think it's a bit o' Reggie Marketing Magic...

[quote name='Justin42']Dreamcast.

Sure, there were clunkers, but when about 50% of the launch titles were between "good" and "fantastic" games, it was about as good of a launch as any system before or since.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. The Dreamcast was a great system that took many, many hours of my life during my senior year of high school and freshman year of college. I just remember great game after great game being released. It's too bad it died such a quick death. I think Shenmue 2 was the final DC game I played.

If i preorder one copy of portal 2 on ps3 and one on 360, do I get two 20$ promo credits? I searched this thread so please just anwer the question without sarcasm thankyou, and I found multiple anwers so a definite one would be appreciated. ALSO If in fact I can't, is there anyone someone knows How I can? like by tricking the amazon system or something?

Does Amazon hate PC games? They almost never put these credit deals on the PC versions... getting the shaft again on Portal 2. :whistle2:(

I remember when console games used to cost more than PC games. Now PC games pretty consistently cost more than console games when it comes to Amazon pre-orders. :whistle2:?

[quote name='shadowknight203']If i preorder one copy of portal 2 on ps3 and one on 360, do I get two 20$ promo credits? I searched this thread so please just anwer the question without sarcasm thankyou, and I found multiple anwers so a definite one would be appreciated. ALSO If in fact I can't, is there anyone someone knows How I can? like by tricking the amazon system or something?[/QUOTE]
Well I just ordered both version to portal 2 and have receieved notification that i will be receiving one 20 dollar promo for my ps3 version, and one 20 dollar promo for my 360 version! I contacted amazon customer service and they verified this

[quote name='shadowknight203']Well I just ordered both version to portal 2 and have receieved notification that i will be receiving one 20 dollar promo for my ps3 version, and one 20 dollar promo for my 360 version! I contacted amazon customer service and they verified this[/QUOTE]

I have bought multiple copies of game for different systems and I have NEVER gotten more than one credit. I even bought a standard edition on 360 and collector on PS3 and STILL only 1 credit. Amazon CS reps say things that are blatantly false on a regular basis, so be ready to fight for it! haha

[quote name='Zaku77']I have bought multiple copies of game for different systems and I have NEVER gotten more than one credit. I even bought a standard edition on 360 and collector on PS3 and STILL only 1 credit. Amazon CS reps say things that are blatantly false on a regular basis, so be ready to fight for it! haha[/QUOTE]
HAHA ok, good thing I copies and pasted the whole thing for documentation proof. Ill probably contact them again - asking them to verify again that i will indeed receive the promo.

It looks like Crysis isn't getting bumped up. I'm really surprised by that!!! Maybe it will be like Dragon Age and not get it until after it's out.

[quote name='shadowknight203']HAHA ok, good thing I copies and pasted the whole thing for documentation proof. Ill probably contact them again - asking them to verify again that i will indeed receive the promo.[/QUOTE]

You won't get it automatically loaded. You get the email automatically that you qualify but their system automatically applies it as one $20 GC per account. The rules in the fine print say that its limited to 1 per household. I've tried it before and it didn't work out for me.

At Walmart.com they bumped the Crysis 2 credit up to $20 if anyone wants to wait and hope Amazon matches it within a couple days. Submitted a lower price to Amazon.

[quote name='EXStrike']Didn't see it listed, but Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition has a $10 offer[/QUOTE]

Will a mod PLEASE update the first post so ppl stop repeating the same deals?

[quote name='wolve']Will a mod PLEASE update the first post so ppl stop repeating the same deals?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy updated it but put $20 credit on SSFIV by mistake. Should be $10.

Yeah Portal 2! Free release day delivery (prime), five bucks off, twenty dollar credit, PS3 version gives me the mac and PC version for free as well, good deal! I was worried about paying full price for a sequel to a game that was originally free but this makes it worth while.

[quote name='sobjw']Cheapy updated it but put $20 credit on SSFIV by mistake. Should be $10.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Amazon is now showing no Credit with SSFIV. However, there is a $10 credit with Super Monkey Ball 3D.

Man I really can't decide on FEAR 3. The $20 credit is nice but I'm not sure if I want to spend the $60 or not.

FEAR was amazing, FEAR 2 was good but I can't get over this co-op thing.

I'd like to have them all on one console too but I have FEAR and the expansions on PC, FEAR 2 on ps3, and was gonna get FEAR 3 on 360

Has anyone managed to get Portal 2 in their Quick Picks/Gold Box after Amazon added the $20 credit? I've been manipulating the system like hell and haven't had any luck at all.

bread's done
Back