Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
damn why cant that $25 be for the collectors edition too....i really want those 5 extra courses because who knows who much EA will be charging for them as DLC.

dont know if i should cancel my $60 newegg preorder or not...

fuck!!! I just paid off WWE All stars @ Gamestop today. Ordered a 3ds w/ $25 Promo credit, Got SSF4 w/ the $10 promo credit, and now Tiger w/ the $25. $60 promo credit racked up in a day + $30 in sales tax saved.

I have already preordered Tigerwoods with the 10.00 credit, do I have to call to get the 25.00 or should I cancel my order.

Duke Nukem for PS3 is $54.99 right now on Amazon, and Walmart has a $10 egift card (and a trucker hat!) with it. So order from Amazon now while it's cheaper and they'll probably match that $10 Walmart credit at some point. I ordered it but am probably going to cancel if it doesnt get a $20 credit some time. I havent heard anything really good about the game yet.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Duke Nukem for PS3 is $54.99 right now on Amazon, and Walmart has a $10 egift card (and a trucker hat!) with it. So order from Amazon now while it's cheaper and they'll probably match that $10 Walmart credit at some point. I ordered it but am probably going to cancel if it doesnt get a $20 credit some time. I havent heard anything really good about the game yet.[/QUOTE]
Usually I don't care about useless swag but I am probably going to preorder at wal mart for that trucker hat. That trucker hat looks awesome and I would actually wear it regularly.

Now back on topic I got to preorder portal 2. $20 credit and a free PC copy for PS3 owners, oh fuck yes.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Usually I don't care about useless swag but I am probably going to preorder at wal mart for that trucker hat. That trucker hat looks awesome and I would actually wear it regularly.

Now back on topic I got to preorder portal 2. $20 credit and a free PC copy for PS3 owners, oh fuck yes.[/QUOTE]

I was looking into this. It appears that you will need to log into your steam account to use either copy. So I think its not a free extra copy, its more 1 license that you can use between the PS3 and PC (meaning you can only use 1 copy at any given time). I'm not sure what this means for resale if you register the game with steam. It may make it unusable for a second PSN account. I'm hesitant to make the purchase until they explain more.

They suckered me in on this one- I get a lot of stuff from Amazon (including most of my comics), so this is really getting the game for $35...can't argue that. Even if I don't like it, I can trade it in for most of that.

Bought one for xbox 360. Too bad there is no release day shipping option.

Edit: Nevermind, release day shipping is now available.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nyxaz']and again includes all the courses that are pay DLC on the other two.[/QUOTE]

Really ?

That fucking blows, I'll wait till it's on clearance at Target, like I have with the last couple of TW games.

[quote name='Decker']And zero credit for the $69.99 PS3 Collector's Edition? That blows.[/QUOTE]CE and LE releases (anything more than the $60 MSRP) on Amazon don't seem to pick up credit bonuses. Last one I can think of was Halo Reach.

[quote name='Nyxaz']And $20 credit for the Wii version, which is $50 to start, and again includes all the courses that are pay DLC on the other two.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure (about the courses)? What about the 5 courses that are exclusive to the PS3 via the Collector's Edition? Although I'm sure that EA will eventually release the Collector's Edition courses for all PS3 users down the road (for a price) it wouldn't make much sense to include these in the Wii version if that's the selling point of the PS3 Collector's Edition.

[quote name='shrike4242']CE and LE releases (anything more than the $60 MSRP) on Amazon don't seem to pick up credit bonuses. Last one I can think of was Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

fable 3 LE had a $20 bonus but yeah amazon generally dosnt seem to give credit to LEs

[quote name='Nelo Ice']fable 3 LE had a $20 bonus but yeah amazon generally dosnt seem to give credit to LEs[/QUOTE]Oh yes, forgot about that one as well. That's about it, from what I'm thinking.

Sometimes if Walmart has a gift card offer, they'll match it, though they didn't for Dead Space 2 CE.

Once again amazon amazes me. 25 for tiger? I already had this preordered and now you're giving me an extra 15. I love amazon!

Sorry for the redundant question, but I couldn't find the definitive answer after multiple Google and CAG searches: if I preorder both the 360 and PS3 versions of a game (Tiger Woods here) on the same Amazon account to be sent to the same household, will I get the $25 credit for both? If not, what about different accounts under different cardholder names in the same household?

Thanks in advance to all who don't point and laugh at my lack of comprehensive Amazonian deal knowledge.

[quote name='Zaku77']Different accounts, yes. Same account, not without a fight with a CS rep.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what I thought, but the official Amazon language says "Limit 1 per household", so I thought they might have a way of disqualifying one order based on address alone (even if cardholder name and email are completely different).

Just pre-ordered Tiger Woods PGA 12 for Ps3.
A few days ago I saw the "pre-order exclusive putter DLC" but now It's gone.
Any chance I'll receive my putter?

[quote name='da big p']Bought one for xbox 360. Too bad there is no release day shipping option.

Edit: Nevermind, release day shipping is now available.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the edit, updated mine to include .99c release date delivery.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Sorry for the redundant question, but I couldn't find the definitive answer after multiple Google and CAG searches: if I preorder both the 360 and PS3 versions of a game (Tiger Woods here) on the same Amazon account to be sent to the same household, will I get the $25 credit for both? If not, what about different accounts under different cardholder names in the same household?

Thanks in advance to all who don't point and laugh at my lack of comprehensive Amazonian deal knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I did that with Black Ops.
Ordered both versions :ps3: & :360:. With the same account and to the same shipping address.
At the end, they gave me both credits ($40 total) but it was a tough fight with the cs rep :boxing:.
My suggestion: be polite (but not soft), and explain him/her that both products have totally different SKU and ASIN codes, telling them that "your friends already got the credit for both games" also helps ;)

I also bought Tiger Woods 12 today, but I have no intentions of playing it. That sucker is going straight on eBay! If I can sell it for the amount I paid for it, I get $25 for free!

Even if I sell the game for $55, I still come out +$20!

I do the "my friend JUST got this" thing constantly. Then guilt them with saying I guess it just depends what rep you talk to huh!!! lol

Tempted to do this

Star wars for the DS 29.99 with a 19 buck trade in credit

would get it tuesday can ship it back to amazon on friday get the 10 buck credit

29.99- 10 buck credit = 19.99 - 19 buck trade back fee.

99 cents play it tuesday. weds thursday 3 day rental for buck

tempted maybe if i get it in my gold box later today

Quick Tiger Woods question.... Will my preorder with the $10 credit be changed to the $25 credit, or do I need to cancel and reorder?

Thanks for the help.

[quote name='alangst']Quick Tiger Woods question.... Will my preorder with the $10 credit be changed to the $25 credit, or do I need to cancel and reorder?

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

You should get the $25 but it never hurts to redo the preorder for something like this - you could also opt for the .99c release date shipping if you chose as well.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Sorry for the redundant question, but I couldn't find the definitive answer after multiple Google and CAG searches: if I preorder both the 360 and PS3 versions of a game (Tiger Woods here) on the same Amazon account to be sent to the same household, will I get the $25 credit for both? If not, what about different accounts under different cardholder names in the same household?

Thanks in advance to all who don't point and laugh at my lack of comprehensive Amazonian deal knowledge.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']Different accounts, yes. Same account, not without a fight with a CS rep.[/QUOTE]

If I order 1 Wii Tiger Woods and 1 XBox 360 Tiger Woods from the same account, do I get credit for both, since they have different credits anyway, or 1 credit irrespective of platform.

Thanks for your help in advance.

when I ordered Tiger woods it was release day delivery and my email says delivery March 29th, now on the page release day delivery is not showing.

[quote name='vince726']when I ordered Tiger woods it was release day delivery and my email says delivery March 29th, now on the page release day delivery is not showing.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they stop offering it close to the release date. View the order in your history and it should still say release date delivery if that's what you selected.

I've always found it mildly amusing that the links for these deals on multiplatform games always default to the 360 version.

Wonder why that is...

So I pre-ordered Gears 3 and got a $10 "promotion applied discount" added to my order...plus the e-mail saying I'm getting the $20 credit after it ships. Anyone else get this or know what it's about?

I paid entirely with credit so it's $30 for Gears with release day delivery, but what's up with that $10?

I had a $20 GC from Amazon, and also just opened up an Amazon Visa gift card and got $30 off the purchase. Plus I get a $25 for pre-ordering.

So, all in all, I paid $10 for TW '12 and got a $25 gift card back. :)

bread's done
Back