Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the free PC version of Portal 2 that comes with the PS3 version works for Mac as well? I'm tempted to buy this, but I want to know that the extras will work on my computer as well, otherwise I'll just get it off Steam on release.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='mehul73']If I order 1 Wii Tiger Woods and 1 XBox 360 Tiger Woods from the same account, do I get credit for both, since they have different credits anyway, or 1 credit irrespective of platform.

Thanks for your help in advance.[/QUOTE]

Amazon cs is very YMMV.
I pre-ordered CoD Black Ops for :ps3: & :360:, same account, same shipping address. At the end they gave me both credits ($40 total), but not without fighting for it. My arguments: different products, different ASIN numbers, different video game systems.
Last week, I ordered Crysis 2 for :ps3: & :pc:, same account, same shipping address. They gave me both credits instantly, without even asking for it.

I say pre-order both and go for it. If you have any problems with your pre-rder promo credit, fight for it, CS reps are most of the time very helpful.

Seeing how just about all Valve games follow the mantra "You own the PC version, well now you own the Mac version too." I would not be surprised.

Damn you Amazon! Your $20 credit on Portal 2 has been taunting me for weeks now, and I finally gave in...

On the bright side, *really* looking forward to the co-op campaign!

I put in a preorder for FEAR 3. This probably sounds bad, but I own FEAR 1 & 2 and have yet to play either of them. In fact, I also own FEAR Files and haven't played it either.

It will be my goal to finally play these 3 games before the May release of FEAR 3.

I preordered Portal 2 for PS3. How could anyone NOT with both a $20 credit AND a free PC version? My 360 is my main platform, but damn!!!

This might mean that I could have my wife play on the PC with me in co-op while I play on the PS3, all with just one purchased copy. If Valve allows that.... holy cow.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I preordered Portal 2 for PS3. How could anyone NOT with both a $20 credit AND a free PC version? My 360 is my main platform, but damn!!!

This might mean that I could have my wife play on the PC with me in co-op while I play on the PS3, all with just one purchased copy. If Valve allows that.... holy cow.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned a few posts back that this is most likely not the case. You will need to sign in with your Steam ID to play multi-player. Only one person is allowed to be online at any given time with a Steam ID (Thats how it is currently on the PC). I imagine this will also make reselling the game difficult, if the code as already been activated on Steam, as the new buyer would not be able to play multi.

I would think of it more as one copy that you can play on either platform (Unless someone has new information on how the Steamworks is going to be implemented).

I cant help but laugh at the fact that the only game I have ever pre ordered from Amazon happens to be "Tiger Woods 12" just because of the $25 free credit. I dont even play golf!

Wow ACTIVISION got the EA License? I would steer clear (pun intended), this is destined for the bargain bin.

Remember what happened when they got the Bond license? They had the guys who made Project Gotham design it and the driving parts were TERRIBLE

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Wow ACTIVISION got the EA License? I would steer clear (pun intended), this is destined for the bargain bin.

Remember what happened when they got the Bond license? They had the guys who made Project Gotham design it and the driving parts were TERRIBLE[/QUOTE]

Don't be so quick to dismiss it. A few people on the Operation Sports forums have it early and have been very positive about it. It's a brand new game engine and a first time Nascar developer who seem to really care about it. It may suck (even though I highly doubt it) but for a first time effort I'm willing to give it a try at $35.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So I pre-ordered Gears 3 and got a $10 "promotion applied discount" added to my order...plus the e-mail saying I'm getting the $20 credit after it ships. Anyone else get this or know what it's about?

I paid entirely with credit so it's $30 for Gears with release day delivery, but what's up with that $10?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Thanks for the heads up guys. I just pre-ordered Nascar, because of the $25 deal. So I'll be getting Nascar and Tiger Woods tomorrow, and making $50 off it. Pretty sweet deal for me.

I can't believe that between Tiger and Nascar you can get $50, craziness! Why are they pulling out the big guns on these two games I wonder? I know certain sports games do well, but I don't think either of these fit that category >_> lol

Sweet, $25 credit on NASCAR. I already got the email and it has yet to ship, had no idea what it was even for.

Amazon has given me so much $$$ this week.. $65 3DS Game Credit, $45 General Credit, Free 3DS Accessory Credit, free copy of Ridge Racer 3D.

[quote name='alexus']I know this might be a question overload but if anyone could give me an answer it'd be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I went back a page and still couldn't find your question, so to go along with the other guy, yes... 42... that's the answer ;)

[quote name='Darknuke']I went back a page and still couldn't find your question, so to go along with the other guy, yes... 42... that's the answer ;)[/QUOTE]
Looking at their profile they only have 4 posts, and only one of those posts came from this thread, its the one above asking for an answer :p

I had pre-ordered the PS3 version (To get that plus the PC version for free) a week or two ago and when I saw the $20 credit news I was a bit worried I had jumped the gun. I went to my account to see the "All pre-orders will recieve the $20 credit". I

Lmao. Jackpot! Amazon just sent out what I assume would be a mass email about a delay in the Georgia putter dlc not being available. They're handing out a $5 promo code for the delay. $30 for tiger, insane.

[quote name='mgford11']Lmao. Jackpot! Amazon just sent out what I assume would be a mass email about a delay in the Georgia putter dlc not being available. They're handing out a $5 promo code for the delay. $30 for tiger, insane.[/QUOTE]

I just got one too!!!! I friggen love amazon :)

[quote name='mgford11']Lmao. Jackpot! Amazon just sent out what I assume would be a mass email about a delay in the Georgia putter dlc not being available. They're handing out a $5 promo code for the delay. $30 for tiger, insane.[/QUOTE]

i got the code on time :cry:

I got a $5 promo as well. My guess is they had an influx of orders for the game late in the pre-order cycle and not enough codes provided by EA.

[quote name='DeadlyMan']Would I still be able to get the $25 pre-order bonus if I order now? It still has the "Bonus Offer" box on the product page.[/QUOTE]

If you get to the check out screen and it has the $25 promotion as a line item, you're good to go.

[quote name='mgford11']If you get to the check out screen and it has the $25 promotion as a line item, you're good to go.[/QUOTE]
Got it. Thanks.

It works.

[quote name='CheapyD']The OP in this thread is now a wikipost, and can be edited/updated by anyone.[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks. Adding Duke Nukem $10 credit now.

[quote name='CheapyD']The OP in this thread is now a wikipost, and can be edited/updated by anyone.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Great idea.

EDIT: I fixed a couple small things in the FAQs that no one ever reads.

[quote name='Lucian']Awesome. Great idea.

EDIT: I fixed a couple small things in the FAQs that no one ever reads.[/QUOTE]

I removed Nascar 2011 as Amazon no longer offers $25 credit for it...if i screwed anything up let me know and I will never update a wiki ever again lol.

[quote name='bfauble83']I removed Nascar 2011 as Amazon no longer offers $25 credit for it...if i screwed anything up let me know and I will never update a wiki ever again lol.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the page, and it's still offered. Sometimes you have to look farther down on the page.

[quote name='Evilbeaver']Anyone else buying the PS3 version of Portal 2, only to end up playing it on their PCs?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I love Valve, will probably end up giving ps3 version to friend to see if we can play multiplayer.

the Duke Nukem credit is gone; or I missed it; cause I would love to jump on that

edit: I am wrong; it is down in the promotions section instead of right underneath the price.... weird

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time reserving any game at or near retail even with a credit/rebate. I've only bought a few full price and it seems that games lately plummet in price after around a month. You could pay $55-60 now + $20 credit or you could wait a few weeks and likely pay $35-40 for the same item. I'll probably still grab the PS3 version of Portal since you get the free Steam copy, but you have to wonder why exactly Amazon offers all these credits? If you notice, Tiger Woods dropped what, $10 on release day? That means you got $15 off and overpaid $10 (disregarding the putter DLC), ... not trolling, just trying to figure out the logic behind all the deals.

I wonder if they take a small hit on what they make on the game in order to build up huge credit/rebate hype so that they move more units than other online retailers?

[quote name='ephermal']the Duke Nukem credit is gone; or I missed it; cause I would love to jump on that[/QUOTE]
I'm not even going to look and guess that you need to scroll down and read the promotions section.

edit: ok I couldnt help it. I looked and yeah it's there.

[quote name='fortunado']I have a hard time reserving any game at or near retail even with a credit/rebate. I've only bought a few full price and it seems that games lately plummet in price after around a month. You could pay $55-60 now + $20 credit or you could wait a few weeks and likely pay $35-40 for the same item. I'll probably still grab the PS3 version of Portal since you get the free Steam copy, but you have to wonder why exactly Amazon offers all these credits? If you notice, Tiger Woods dropped what, $10 on release day? That means you got $15 off and overpaid $10 (disregarding the putter DLC), ... not trolling, just trying to figure out the logic behind all the deals. [/QUOTE]
The logic would be that you get the game day 1 without waiting for a price drop and if you are smart about it you pay the same amount or less anyway in the end.

I have Gears 3 preordered for $57 + $20 credit, so sure I could wait for it to drop to $37-$40 but who the hell wants to do that? Not this guy. I'll just get it day one and use that credit towards the next game I want.

Using your Tiger Woods example, yes you could wait a few weeks and maybe you'll be able to buy it for $35, or you could buy it now for full price and use that $25 credit towards another game with a $20 credit and repeat. So game A = $60 at most + game B = $35 w/ $20 credit + game C = $40 w/ $20 credit and so on. In that case A+B+C = $135 which = $45 per game on release day. Not bad if you dont want to wait.

Basically if you stack the credit deals you're always getting them for well under retail and on release day. Also if you preorder at the right time you're going to save another couple dollars on each game because Amazon almost always drops the price of games at least $2 off MSRP at one point or another. I check almost daily for those little price drops to save a few extra dollars.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The logic would be that you get the game day 1 without waiting for a price drop and if you are smart about it you pay the same amount or less anyway in the end.

I have Gears 3 preordered for $57 + $20 credit, so sure I could wait for it to drop to $37-$40 but who the hell wants to do that? Not this guy. I'll just get it day one and use that credit towards the next game I want.

Using your Tiger Woods example, yes you could wait a few weeks and maybe you'll be able to buy it for $35, or you could buy it now for full price and use that $25 credit towards another game with a $20 credit and repeat. So game A = $60 at most + game B = $35 w/ $20 credit + game C = $40 w/ $20 credit and so on. In that case A+B+C = $135 which = $45 per game on release day. Not bad if you dont want to wait.

Basically if you stack the credit deals you're always getting them for well under retail and on release day. Also if you preorder at the right time you're going to save another couple dollars on each game because Amazon almost always drops the price of games at least $2 off MSRP at one point or another. I check almost daily for those little price drops to save a few extra dollars.[/QUOTE]

But.. this is a vicious cycle that never ends :cry:

:D

bread's done
Back