Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']Transformers Dark Moon credit was removed. Damn.[/QUOTE]
Hmm glad I had that one preordered already. Wonder if it'll be back. I notice Walmarts egift card is gone as well.

I don't buy CEs if there's a completely different bonus for the regular edition I'm not getting. The whole point of getting the CE/LE is to have the "complete" game, and if there's some DLC that isn't in the LE, why buy it? Most games are borderline for me, and it does determine whether I buy it or not.

There are some games I'd buy regardless, and would buy both versions for all the content if I had to but there aren't many of those games.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm glad I had that one preordered already. Wonder if it'll be back. I notice Walmarts egift card is gone as well.[/QUOTE]

My guess is it was a PM to Walmart. I preordered it when it had the $10 promo credit too but since the T&C states they can remove any promo offers at any time, at this point i'm gonna just bet that Amazon won't be issuing us any credits. But I'll find out anyways since I'm keeping my preorder regardless.

Still got a few weeks away though for any other retailer deals to PM to.

[quote name='Donut2922']My guess is it was a PM to Walmart. I preordered it when it had the $10 promo credit too but since the T&C states they can remove any promo offers at any time, at this point i'm gonna just bet that Amazon won't be issuing us any credits. But I'll find out anyways since I'm keeping my preorder regardless.

Still got a few weeks away though for any other retailer deals to PM to.[/QUOTE]
That would be unprecedented. Amazon has never offered, then rescinded the credits because they removed the offer. If you ordered while there were credits posted, you'll get them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That portal 2 promo credit has been long gone[/QUOTE]

The topic still has it, so he has a fair point if he googled and was led here.

[quote name='caponesgun']The topic still has it, so he has a fair point if he googled and was led here.[/QUOTE]

That's true. whoever made this thread should tweak the title of it alittle though

[quote name='Lucian']That would be unprecedented. Amazon has never offered, then rescinded the credits because they removed the offer. If you ordered while there were credits posted, you'll get them.[/QUOTE]

thanks that makes me feel safer about the promo credit. lookin forward to T: DM since I enjoyed T:WFC so much

can't edit the title, huh?

amazon would be GREAT if they added an inFAMOUS credit. i have it locked in at $54.14 since it was in my quickpics when it was $56.99. otherwise, due to so many new games (and me having a new console - 3DS), i will have to cancel & wait for the standard OR hero edition to drop in price.

You think if we all submit Amazon the price for $30 due to that mistake by Target, as well as a link to a picture with the receipt scan, they'll offer some credit?

[quote name='topdogg069']man i really want an infamous 2 credit!!! i will still purchase it but i want that credit[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm getting it from Kmart if they dont add a credit extremely soon. Theyre dumb to wait so long because a lot of people will have it preordered for a lower than MSRP price but will cancel if no credit gets added. Then they'll add the credit too late and those people won't reorder at full price.

Or maybe that's just me lol

[quote name='doreo503']You think if we all submit Amazon the price for $30 due to that mistake by Target, as well as a link to a picture with the receipt scan, they'll offer some credit?[/QUOTE]
No

This is one of the biggest releases of the year. How the heck does this not have any promo credit but green lanturn of all games has 20 credit ! This makes no since to me at all. Something tells me by this friday credit will be added.

Here is hoping for something on Oblivion 5th anniversary. I will use my DNF credit to bring it down to $20 but still, it looks like K-mart will be getting my business for June besides for DNF and Oblivion 5th anniversary.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This is one of the biggest releases of the year. How the heck does this not have any promo credit but green lanturn of all games has 20 credit ! This makes no since to me at all. Something tells me by this friday credit will be added.[/QUOTE]

Could it be that they received enough preorders to justify not adding credit as an incentive to purchase from Amazon?

[quote name='doreo503']Could it be that they received enough preorders to justify not adding credit as an incentive to purchase from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's why. Usually Amazon only offers credit when someone else like Walmart offers one. So far no one has any promos for this game execpt Kmart i think.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I don't think that's why. Usually Amazon only offers credit when someone else like Walmart offers one. So far no one has any promos for this game execpt Kmart i think.[/QUOTE]

But we are now 6 days from release. Expect Buy or similar retailer to match it or something close relatively soon. This is when people start looking for deals, in google or on various medias available. So, yes, Kmart was first but I2 will be a very popular and high rated PS3 game. So competition will be "thick" for this game.

IMHO Amazon will offer a $10-20 credit by Saturday.

[quote name='doreo503']Could it be that they received enough preorders to justify not adding credit as an incentive to purchase from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

If this was the case then why has gears 3 had 20 credit for a few months ? I think that is going to be a popular game as well ( like infamous 2 ) don't you think ?

[quote name='SHOaks']Still waiting for Infamous 2 $20.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with Kmart if Amazon doesn't offer their $20 credit by Friday.

[quote name='strait edge follower']If this was the case then why has gears 3 had 20 credit for a few months ? I think that is going to be a popular game as well ( like infamous 2 ) don't you think ?[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 has had a $20 credit for over a year actually (before the Spring to Fall delay).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm still hoping for a $10 credit on Alice to sweeten my $44.99 preorder even further. :)[/QUOTE]
Official Playstation Magazine gave Alice a 5/10 in this month's issue. OPM's reviews have been kinda :puke: lately so you might want to get a second opinion though.

[quote name='SHOaks']I'm waiting until Saturday for the Infamous credit, if they don't put it up I'll pre order somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Same. I have the game for 54.99 via a goldbox offer on Amazon but no offer of any pre-order credits and I'll jump ship to Kmart to use my giftcards. We'll see as we get closer to release..I'm also waiting on NCAA '12 bonuses.

[quote name='wolve']Gears 3 has had a $20 credit for over a year actually (before the Spring to Fall delay).[/QUOTE]

Wish I pre-ordered when the price was $54.99 + $20 credit at amazon.

[quote name='aznhero913']Wish I pre-ordered when the price was $54.99 + $20 credit at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon alerts FTW! For every major video game release in a year I set a camel auto alert for any price below 58.00 and preorder it even if I don't want it at the time. Now I have gears at 54.99 with the preorder bonus. I did the preorder way back on April 17th.

Especially for CAG users, I'd recommend a similar choice of price alerts. Never know when a one day drop will occur and save yourself some green and even get a game for cheap!

[quote name='caponesgun']Amazon alerts FTW! For every major video game release in a year I set a camel auto alert for any price below 58.00 and preorder it even if I don't want it at the time. Now I have gears at 54.99 with the preorder bonus. I did the preorder way back on April 17th.

Especially for CAG users, I'd recommend a similar choice of price alerts. Never know when a one day drop will occur and save yourself some green and even get a game for cheap![/QUOTE]

can you figure out a way to pm the a screenshot?

I'll give it a try and email CS at amazon and see if they price match.

[quote name='jacknicklson']What was the date on the $55 Gears 3?

Need to send them an email[/QUOTE]

Not to be offensive but for christ sake I said the date in my post...

[quote name='aznhero913']can you figure out a way to pm the a screenshot?

I'll give it a try and email CS at amazon and see if they price match.[/QUOTE]

http://imageshack.us/f/339/gowy.jpg/

I left the order number so the amazon rep could bring up the order and verify it's authenticity but removed my own info :cool:

Has anyone had any success applying Amazon game credit towards buying PSN codes? I used to use this credit to buy physical $10 PSN cards but Amazon no longer offers those (other than through 3rd parties that mark them up by 50%).

[quote name='trogoldito']Has anyone had any success applying Amazon game credit towards buying PSN codes? I used to use this credit to buy physical $10 PSN cards but Amazon no longer offers those (other than through 3rd parties that mark them up by 50%).[/QUOTE]

I don't remember when I did it, but I used a 15$ credit towards a 20$ PSN code, ended up costing me 5$ in the end, and I got the code right away.
(sold by Amazon)

If it matters to anyone here, Uncharted 3 was in my amazon goldbox offers today for 56.99, so saving three bucks off retail before any giftcards are announced or potentially available.

[quote name='caponesgun']If it matters to anyone here, Uncharted 3 was in my amazon goldbox offers today for 56.99, so saving three bucks off retail before any giftcards are announced or potentially available.[/QUOTE]
hmm yes matters to me. Thanks.

the amazon list keeps getting shorter and shorter overtime, I think whomever is their new buyer is slacking off on negotiating the deals. Most of the $20 offers have been there 3+ months and most of the $10 offers roughly the same, I dont see much hope for I2 =\

[quote name='kennedykougar']the amazon list keeps getting shorter and shorter overtime, I think whomever is their new buyer is slacking off on negotiating the deals. Most of the $20 offers have been there 3+ months and most of the $10 offers roughly the same, I dont see much hope for I2 =\[/QUOTE]
Yeah It's just that nobody else has any deals for it and thats what Amazon usually matches. Kmart is the only one with any type of credit unless TrU has a GC with it.

It probably just wont get one but they did wait until the last second for LBP2 I think so there's still a chance. I'll just wait until tomorrow and cancel if I need to.

Well, credit or not I'm getting this game regardless. That being said, I really would love credit for this game so I can put that towards my gears 3 preorder. My guess that amazon is waiting for kmart, toys r us, Walmart and other stores weekly ads to price match. Now while deal matching is great I would like amazon to be aggressive and put credit wether other places are doing it or not.

bread's done
Back