Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI to everyone that ordered Brink and still waiting for the Psycho Pack, just got off the phone with Customer Service and they were able to give me my code. She said that the codes are already tied to our accounts but they haven't sent them out yet. You could either try calling them or just wait for the e-mail.
(Cst Serv) # 1-866-216-1072

Well, i officially lost hope that infamous 2 will get any credit. Still gonna pick it up though since I'm a huge fan of the series and i have a ton of credit piled up. I just hope they don't add something a couple days after release...that would suck.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well, i officially lost hope that infamous 2 will get any credit. Still gonna pick it up though since I'm a huge fan of the series and i have a ton of credit piled up. I just hope they don't add something a couple days after release...that would suck.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry my friend, if you if you ordered the game during release week before credit was offered they will still give it to you so its all good !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Don't worry my friend, if you if you ordered the game during release week before credit was offered they will still give it to you so its all good ![/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up dude.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Really? I didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up dude.[/QUOTE]

No prob. Anything to help a fellow cheapie out. Amazon did this with la noire when 10 extra credit was added after release so we are all covered.

Kmart is offering a $20 gaming coupon for Infamous 2 as well as that $30 off a select title promotion. Should we report it to amazon for the credit, by putting $40 as the price due to the credit?

[quote name='doreo503']Kmart is offering a $20 gaming coupon for Infamous 2 as well as that $30 off a select title promotion. Should we report it to amazon for the credit, by putting $40 as the price due to the credit?[/QUOTE]

You just combined the best buy and the kmart promos. Kmart's deal is a $20 gaming coupon and half off infamous 1. Best buys deal is buy infamous 2 get $30 off select titles.

[quote name='atc250es']You just combined the best buy and the kmart promos. Kmart's deal is a $20 gaming coupon and half off infamous 1. Best buys deal is buy infamous 2 get $30 off select titles.[/QUOTE]

Wait, kmart is offering 20 for infamous 2 ? Somebody notify amazon quick ! This is what I've been waiting for :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wait, kmart is offering 20 for infamous 2 ? Somebody notify amazon quick ! This is what I've been waiting for :)[/QUOTE]

Now when we notify them of the price, should we put $40 because of the credit? I just notified them and put "Kmart ($60 with $20 credit)" and then I put $40 as the price.

Also thanks ATC250ES, I see where I messed up now.

[quote name='doreo503']Now when we notify them of the price, should we put $40 because of the credit? I just notified them and put "Kmart ($60 with $20 credit)" and then I put $40 as the price.

Also thanks ATC250ES, I see where I messed up now.[/QUOTE]

You put $60 with 20 credit if I'm not mistaken

[quote name='scarhawk']I put the offer in the name spot and I said 39.99 for price[/QUOTE]

You put 40 ? You don't subtract the $20 credit from the price, the game is still full price but it comes with $20 credit when you buy it

[quote name='strait edge follower']You put 40 ? You don't subtract the $20 credit from the price, the game is still full price but it comes with $20 credit when you buy it[/QUOTE]
There's no place to do that so youd have to just put in $40 for the price. And is that really the Kmart Infamous 2 deal? I thought it was $20 coupon plus half off Infamous 1, not $30 off select titles.

Anyway, damn you Amazon. Canceled. Just going to go to Kmart or wait for a deal on it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']There's no place to do that so youd have to just put in $40 for the price. And is that really the Kmart Infamous 2 deal? I thought it was $20 coupon plus half off Infamous 1, not $30 off select titles.

Anyway, damn you Amazon. Canceled. Just going to go to Kmart or wait for a deal on it.[/QUOTE]

You are right, I tried it and I was forced to put 40. Would they know its still 60 with the 20 gift card if you do that ? Oh and the 30 off select titles is the bestbuy sale

Amazon doesn't price match other retailers, I don't understand why you think they would.

And infamous 2 HAD RDD, it doesn't now but it did earlier. That's why you pre-order early.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Amazon doesn't price match other retailers, I don't understand why you think they would.

And infamous 2 HAD RDD, it doesn't now but it did earlier. That's why you pre-order early.[/QUOTE]

But at the bottom of the product page it clearly says " seen this for a lower price ? " doesn't that indicate price matching ? Or am I missing something here

That does not indicate price matching. Nowhere does it say on their site that they have a price matching policy. They do it only when they see fit, given their inventory, pre-orders at the time, etc... There's no obligation for them to do anything though.

[quote name='strait edge follower']But at the bottom of the product page it clearly says " seen this for a lower price ? " doesn't that indicate price matching ? Or am I missing something here[/QUOTE]
The not matching other retailers is their official line any time you bring up another retailer.

So why did they increase the la noire credit at the last minute ? First, it was 10, then then kmart was offering 20 during release week so amazon matched that and offered 20 as well. Oh and they gave people who got it on release day the extra 10 to compensate. That's matching right there. They also matched mortal kombat and portal 2 for 40 at the sametime other retailers did. Amazon really confuses me

[quote name='strait edge follower']So why did they increase the la noire credit at the last minute ? First, it was 10, then then kmart was offering 20 during release week so amazon matched that and offered 20 as well. Oh and they gave people who got it on release day the extra 10 to compensate. That's matching right there. They also matched mortal kombat and portal 2 for 40 at the sametime other retailers did. Amazon really confuses me[/QUOTE]
They do match...they just say they don't if you say anything about it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They do match...they just say they don't if you say anything about it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought. People who say they don't price match haven't payed attention to this site much. There have been numerous occasions where amazon have done so

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']That does not indicate price matching. Nowhere does it say on their site that they have a price matching policy. They do it only when they see fit, given their inventory, pre-orders at the time, etc... There's no obligation for them to do anything though.[/QUOTE]

And they generally do any matching the weekend before release to promote their "RDD". Now that it's passed, it's safe to say it is not going to happen pre-release on I2. They may think, accurately to me, any bonus is not needed as the game will sell anyway. Or seeing as it's only one retailer it's not worth worrying about. Or they have lower inventory than desired and do not want to cause unhappy customers. I see now that RDD isn't even available although I have a feeling that is going to change on Monday to avoid lost impulse sales with Prime users...

People are not comprehending Amazon's price match policy. As a straight up offer, no. However if the marketplace demands it, they will adjust their pricing with the market. It's a case-by-case basis not a one line rule.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That's exactly what I thought. People who say they don't price match haven't payed attention to this site much. There have been numerous occasions where amazon have done so[/QUOTE]
Well normally when someone asks if store X price matches and the answer is "yes", it would mean they have some sort of policy. As pointed out Amazon doesn't technically price match except on TVs. So even though they look around at everyones deals and do match them quite often it's just because they want to, not because it's a policy.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well normally when someone asks if store X price matches and the answer is "yes", it would mean they have some sort of policy. As pointed out Amazon doesn't technically price match except on TVs. So even though they look around at everyones deals and do match them quite often it's just because they want to, not because it's a policy.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know its not a policy. It's just that they have been price matching a ton this year on game deals you know. That's why I figure they would price match the kmart deal.

I still don't see why you had to call up customer service (and wanted to smack him) like they're obligated to do so. Don't expect anything or assume a credit, because they don't match.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I still don't see why you had to call up customer service (and wanted to smack him) like they're obligated to do so. Don't expect anything or assume a credit, because they don't match.[/QUOTE]

I was only using that as an expression lol. It's that I've seen them do it many times in the past. Plus I'm trying to get a good deal. I know they aren't obligated to do so but its worth a shot

On a side note though since I used my la noire credit towards infamous 2, would I get the 20 promo credit back or since its past the may 31 expiration date I would loose it if I canceled my pre order ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']On a side note though since I used my la noire credit towards infamous 2, would I get the 20 promo credit back or since its past the may 31 expiration date I would loose it if I canceled my pre order ?[/QUOTE]I don't know if you would "loose" it but you may want to check their policy or chat with a customer service rep. online. Good luck.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I don't know if you would "loose" it but you may want to check their policy or chat with a customer service rep. online. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Cause my plan is to cancel the infamous 2 order, use the infamous 2 money towards arkam city or gears 3, then trade in la noire at gamestop during this 50 percent extra trade in promotion and then use it towards infamous 2 and pay the difference in cash.

Promo credit is not refunded. You may be able to squabble it out with a rep, but given that it would be expired now anyway, you are more than likely completely SOL.

[quote name='abhinav']I canceled my preorder for inFamous 2, I'll buy it at Kmart where they are actually offering a deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm giving them until I work 1pm on Monday to offer a better deal before cancelling. They don't start to ship RDD games until 5PM in Cali anyway

[quote name='strait edge follower']On a side note though since I used my la noire credit towards infamous 2, would I get the 20 promo credit back or since its past the may 31 expiration date I would loose it if I canceled my pre order ?[/QUOTE]

doesn't the la noire credit expire may 2012? and if you cancel your preorder, you'll get the credit back as long as they don't ship it.

[quote name='Zaku77']Promo credit is not refunded. You may be able to squabble it out with a rep, but given that it would be expired now anyway, you are more than likely completely SOL.[/QUOTE]

His promo credit is actually good for a year though so he still will have it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Amazon doesn't price match other retailers, I don't understand why you think they would.

And infamous 2 HAD RDD, it doesn't now but it did earlier. That's why you pre-order early.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered MW2 on the Sunday before it came out and got RDD. I don't see why I can't get RDD two full days before the product comes out. I'm a Prime member, too.

[quote name='Donut2922']His promo credit is actually good for a year though so he still will have it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought he had said it had expired.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']I pre-ordered MW2 on the Sunday before it came out and got RDD. I don't see why I can't get RDD two full days before the product comes out. I'm a Prime member, too.[/QUOTE]

I ordered LBP2 the day before it came out which also happened to be a holiday & I still get RRD with it at my door on time the very next day!...note I am also a prime member not sure if that matters with RRD other then it being free of charge

It's weird that The Green Lantern game has 20 credit and a huge game like Infamous 2 doesn't, whatever I pre ordered from kmart.

You guys were right. I canceled my infamous 2 preorder and got my promo credit back. I put the infamous 2 money towards arkham city and ill trade in la noire tommorow at gamestop during this 50 % extra credit trade in deal. Then that will go towards infamous 2. The 50 % gamestop thing ends on Sunday right ?

[quote name='SHOaks']It's weird that The Green Lantern game has 20 credit and a huge game like Infamous 2 doesn't, whatever I pre ordered from kmart.[/QUOTE]

Yea I thought that made no since either. Even that cars game for the 3ds has credit. Oh well, mabye all these order cancelations will teach amazon a lession

[quote name='strait edge follower']You guys were right. I canceled my infamous 2 preorder and got my promo credit back. I put the infamous 2 money towards arkham city and ill trade in la noire tommorow at gamestop during this 50 % extra credit trade in deal. Then that will go towards infamous 2. The 50 % gamestop thing ends on Sunday right ?[/QUOTE]

It ends on 6/12

However, right now you can get $44.80 for LA Noire, so I would do it before they decide to change the base trade credit since the extra 50% is going on.

[quote name='farley91']It ends on 6/12

However, right now you can get $44.80 for LA Noire, so I would do it before they decide to change the base trade credit since the extra 50% is going on.[/QUOTE]

I plan to trade it in at eastford mall at massachusetts as soon as I touchdown there to see my girl tommorow, vacation baby ! The mall is right by the bus stop where she lives at so its convenient

Release-date delivery for Infamous 2 seems to be back on for the standard version, as of this posting anyway.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yea I thought that made no since either. Even that cars game for the 3ds has credit. Oh well, mabye all these order cancelations will teach amazon a lession[/QUOTE]

You do realize that putting credits on a non-blockbuster title is probably better for them then putting it on a game that will already sell regardless(InFamous 2, GoW 3, Halo, MW 3, etc.). Just saying it makes lots of sense if you think about it.

bread's done
Back