Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silentragedy']i never got an email from amazon saying it shipped[/QUOTE]

Just chalk it up to time differences and a high volume. I haven't received a shipping notice either, but I've never had an issue with Amazon's release date delivery in the past.

[quote name='EmpireWF']Just chalk it up to time differences and a high volume. I haven't received a shipping notice either, but I've never had an issue with Amazon's release date delivery in the past.[/QUOTE]

even if it says on amazon.com it hasnt shipped. but ill take everyones word for it :)

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone get the Rookie/Sophmore code from Amazon? I got an e-mail on HOW to redeem it, but never the code.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it will be in the Madden 12 game case as an insert.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone get the Rookie/Sophmore code from Amazon? I got an e-mail on HOW to redeem it, but never the code.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version, but they sent me the PS3 rookie/sophmore code.

On top of that, they emailed me saying my shipment has been delayed. Woopie!

Well, I told them I wasn't satisfied with the delay on release-day delivery. I sent them an email and got this. I see your package for order may not arrive on release date, due to the severe weather conditions, because of Hurricane Irene. Shipping carriers in the area of your delivery address--or cities along the delivery route--are reporting delivery delays because of these conditions. So, we aren't able to ship the package in time for the release date delivery.

Though you may not be experiencing bad weather in your area, there are other weather systems around the country that are impacting cities along the delivery route between our fulfillment center and your address. We wanted to be sure you knew that these weather conditions might slow down the delivery of your package, even if the weather isn't directly impacting your city.

To compensate for the delay, I've issued you a $5.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

I received my rookie/sophomore team code by email this morning along with a separate email with my $20 promotional preorder credit. Anybody else notice they changed the promo credit to $10 for most games now?

WTF is up with Amazon. They screw up shipping and now they want to blame it on Irene? They have had madden for a week they should have shipped sooner. I am in MI and my Amazon stuff never goes thru NE area so that is know excuse.

Yeah, got the same delay notice. It's 'shipping soon' so I sent them an e-mail to see what's up. Couldn't they have sent notices out on Monday that for certain areas (I'm in NY), to expect no release date delivery?

[quote name='skubish']WTF is up with Amazon. They screw up shipping and now they want to blame it on Irene? They have had madden for a week they should have shipped sooner. I am in MI and my Amazon stuff never goes thru NE area so that is know excuse.[/QUOTE]

They have to have received the game themselves in order to ship it out to you. I don't think it's far of a stretch to say the hurricane fucked up their logistics. They'll make it up to you probably.

[quote name='mgford11']They have to have received the game themselves in order to ship it out to you. I don't think it's far of a stretch to say the hurricane fucked up their logistics. They'll make it up to you probably.[/QUOTE]
No kidding... talk about some people being impatient, whiny bitches. :p

I had a game miss the delivery date last year due to near blizzard conditions. UPS actually had the package, but didn't try to drive down my street. And since it was supposed to arrive on Friday, I had to wait the whole weekend.

I feel bad for those of you that didn't get it on time, but, seriously, weather happens and it's not Amazon's fault.

My copy has been listed as "Shipping soon" for the past day, but apparently UPS delivered my copy of Madden...3 hours ago. It'd been sitting at my front doorstep ever since ~10.

Im disappointed with Amazon about this release date delivery for madden. They still havent shipped out my copy and they say its because of the weather, but I ordered Zelda 3DS on saturday from them and I already have it...

[quote name='asdad']Im disappointed with Amazon about this release date delivery for madden. They still havent shipped out my copy and they say its because of the weather, but I ordered Zelda 3DS on saturday from them and I already have it...[/QUOTE]

theres this thing called hurricane irene that hit the east coast....and the shipping center may have been affected. i can't believe you're complaining about a legitimate delay out of anyone's control. these complaints are close to SD levels of complaining about there being tax so they can continue their tax evasion.

[quote name='yahoosale14']theres this thing called hurricane irene that hit the east coast....and the shipping center may have been affected. i can't believe you're complaining about a legitimate delay out of anyone's control. these complaints are close to SD levels of complaining about there being tax so they can continue their tax evasion.[/QUOTE]

Id understand if both packages were delayed and then I wouldnt complain, but the fact that one was delayed, and the other one came earlier than it was even expected to just irks me.

Hurricanes are not a surprise. Plan for it, ship games out earlier or if you don't want to break street day you should at least tell me so I can cancel my order and buy locally.

This seems to always happen to me with big releases: halo3, mw3, reach all did not arrive on release for some lame reason.

If I buy Madden 12 tonight do I still get the $20 credit, even though it says it's for the pre-order? It still has the "$20 Credit" image on the page.

Anyone on here get the addition $10 credit for Deus Ex yet? I chatted with them on Sunday and they told me soon. Yet to see anything yet.

amazon hasnt sent me my preorder code for madden unless u count them telling me they sent me the wrong instructions to redeem it with no code :lol

well guess i'll email them on friday since i presume my $20 credit prolly wont be arriving on time either

On the pre-order bonuses (not the credits) from Amazon.

It says one per household, but I thought as long as you have two email accounts, even though it is the same address, you will get the bonus for each account.

Can anyone confirm and deny?

I just found out that resistance 3 will get 20 credit from kmart along with dead island. Starfox will get 15 credit also. Amazon will probibly match these and that will make me a happy camper !

Last edited by a moderator:
well i talk to an amazon rep just now and got my full 20$ credit.

also receive credit towards
Apps for Andriod - 10$
kindle editions - 10$
amazon instant videos - 10$
amazon mp3 - 10$

all in all :p yay!

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just found out that resistance 2 will get 20 credit from kmart along with dead island. Starfox will get 15 credit also. Amazon will probibly match these and that will make me a happy camper ![/QUOTE]

I sure hope this happens.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just found out that resistance 2 will get 20 credit from kmart along with dead island. Starfox will get 15 credit also. Amazon will probibly match these and that will make me a happy camper ![/QUOTE]

You keep saying Resistance 2. I'm assuming you mean Resistance 3? ;)

same here...I'll wait for the day to end and call tomorrow if I haven't received it.

[quote name='rbanke']You keep saying Resistance 2. I'm assuming you mean Resistance 3? ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was so tired from all the work I've done at my job this week I'm not surprised I did that lol ill edit that

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just found out that resistance 3 will get 20 credit from kmart along with dead island. Starfox will get 15 credit also. Amazon will probibly match these and that will make me a happy camper ![/QUOTE]

Man I hope so - but has Amazon been matching Kmart's credit deals? I thought they typically only matched wal-mart/bb/tru.

Sorry if this has already been answered but do you get the credit with only the 59.99 versions or can you also get it with collectors/epic editions such as GOW3 epic.

[quote name='argyle']Man I hope so - but has Amazon been matching Kmart's credit deals? I thought they typically only matched wal-mart/bb/tru.[/QUOTE]

I remember that they matched kmart for the 20$ credit for la noire (not the free 20$ game part though). And if they don't match kmart than another retailer will which will make amazon do it anyway

[quote name='Brad13186']Sorry if this has already been answered but do you get the credit with only the 59.99 versions or can you also get it with collectors/epic editions such as GOW3 epic.[/QUOTE]

It's usually the standard editions that gf credit

[quote name='NateWhs152']Anyone on here get the addition $10 credit for Deus Ex yet? I chatted with them on Sunday and they told me soon. Yet to see anything yet.[/QUOTE]
Nope, still waiting and it's growing tiresome. I don't want to be in a position of waiting on the $10 credit once the Dark Souls strategy guide goes up for sale, because it will sell out fast.

[quote name='Jodou']Nope, still waiting and it's growing tiresome. I don't want to be in a position of waiting on the $10 credit once the Dark Souls strategy guide goes up for sale, because it will sell out fast.[/QUOTE]

They added it directly to my promotion account after I first contacted them.

b7e012eb3a593de8a06640b7454cb96e.png

[quote name='Brenex']They added it directly to my promotion account after I first contacted them.

[/QUOTE]
We're not talking about the original $10 credit. There was a post by an Amazon rep saying pre-orders would be receiving an additional $10 credit due to them changing the promo to $20 for maybe 15-20 minutes. There has been no follow-up from them since, so we're just stuck waiting.

[quote name='Brenex']They added it directly to my promotion account after I first contacted them.

[/QUOTE]

Where do you get that view in your account? I always have to click on "check gift card balance" and everything else individually.

Go to Amazon MP3 and click on a song or album. On the top right it will say Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance

[quote name='Aerc']Go to Amazon MP3 and click on a song or album. On the top right it will say Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance[/QUOTE]

Cool Thanks! I have a $10 Video game credit!

Could also be the $10 credit for Xbox Live that they gave out either at the end of last year or the beginning of this year when you bought an Xbox game. It doesn't expire til the end of this year. I always get excited when I see it then remember I can't use it for anything but an XBL subscription.

bread's done
Back