Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has a new look now, but I look into my orders and my order of gears of war 3 is gone... I got a shipping confirmation last night but now I am really confused. Last week I had no problems with NHL 12.
Edit: I checked on ups an it's in my area I guess amazon is just glitchy for the moment

Wow, Amazon on their game with this release. Shipped early, got my DLC and credit already, and it should be here today. Wish every release was this smooth.[quote name='ShockandAww']I keep hearing that but never see it myself. Can anyone post a pic?[/QUOTE]
I've only noticed it on my laptop; the desktop still has the old layout. I would see if a server refresh does the trick, but I hate the new look so I haven't tried it.

On Walmart.com Saints Row The Third got a $10 egift card. Only thing about that game is it comes out so close to Black Friday it may not be worth buying day one. Games going to be awesome though so I'm still getting it day one.

[quote name='$hady']I got my Amazon skin code for gears (Ebayed for $24 after fees!) no $20 credit yet. Game is on it's way for release day delivery as well. :D[/QUOTE]

thats good news. i just got my code and im putting it up on ebay as well

Question about Skyrim.

I ordered it when it was $55 and now the price is up to $60 along with the 10 dollar credit and map. For other games that have credit, I noticed the wording "This credit will be added to all existing preorders" while Skyrim doesn't say this anywhere. Does anyone know if I have to redo my preorder and accept the higher price to get the 10 dollar credit/map because of that?

As a last minute decision, I want to get Gears of War 3. I was curious though, can I still get the $20 game credit and the Savage Kantus preorder bonus if I ordered today, even though the game was released today? The $20 credit and character skin are still showing up on the page, although the game has been released. Do these bonuses still work the day of release? Thanks.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Video game credits don't show up in your balance, try putting a game in your cart and see if the discount shows up on the checkout page.[/QUOTE]

This issue always gets asked in the thread...
Any chance we could get the first post converted into a wiki and add a FAQ?

[quote name='sgodd23']As a last minute decision, I want to get Gears of War 3. I was curious though, can I still get the $20 game credit and the Savage Kantus preorder bonus if I ordered today, even though the game was released today? The $20 credit and character skin are still showing up on the page, although the game has been released. Do these bonuses still work the day of release? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I think Amazon still honors preorder offers on release day. But as soon as they remove the text for the promos, it's over.

Hey guys, I have a question about credit.

When I go to a streaming video and click show balance (so I can see all my promotional credits) and it says I have $66 in video game credit. When I try to place an order on Skyrim it only takes off $20. Can I not stack the credit?

Can't use Gears of War credit toward Fifa 12 if you already had it preordered. I preordered when fifa still had $20 credit. I emailed them and they dropped the price down to $40 on fifa so hopefully I still get the $20 credit.

[quote name='Woot1337']Hey guys, I have a question about credit.

When I go to a streaming video and click show balance (so I can see all my promotional credits) and it says I have $66 in video game credit. When I try to place an order on Skyrim it only takes off $20. Can I not stack the credit?[/QUOTE]
the rest of it is probably on digital games/subscription codes

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else still waiting on their $20 Gears credit?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on my motherf'ing Gears of War. Release date delivery and it's not here.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm still waiting on my motherf'ing Gears of War. Release date delivery and it's not here.[/QUOTE]

They tell you to allow until end of day to receive it....

[quote name='aircobra']They tell you to allow until end of day to receive it....[/QUOTE]

yeah, i chatted with them and they said wait till end of day.

UPS only shows up once a day here. THere's no way it's getting here but I'll contact them at midnight and tell them "it's end of day!" :)

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, i chatted with them and they said wait till end of day.

UPS only shows up once a day here. THere's no way it's getting here but I'll contact them at midnight and tell them "it's end of day!" :)[/QUOTE]

But Amazon is based in Seattle so you have to go by PST ;)

I wonder if there is going to be credit for Forza 4? Walmart has 10 dollars credit but I would rather order it from Amazon so I can use my Gears credit on the order.

[quote name='matto1233']I hope BF3 ends up with a credit.[/QUOTE]

keep hoping. i dont understand why they arent offering it. its the biggest release of the year. they have offers for everything else. its a joke. dog tags dont mean crap to people the $ is alot better

[quote name='iggypop123']keep hoping. i dont understand why they arent offering it. its the biggest release of the year. they have offers for everything else. its a joke. dog tags dont mean crap to people the $ is alot better[/QUOTE]

You can probably sell the dog tags code for 20 bucks. I'd rather have 5 dollar credit than the DLC code. But I just saw how people like these codes like Gears of War 3 since they would like to pay a lot for them on Ebay. that's crazy.

[quote name='iggypop123']keep hoping. i dont understand why they arent offering it. its the biggest release of the year. they have offers for everything else. its a joke. dog tags dont mean crap to people the $ is alot better[/QUOTE]

maybe they don't need to offer one.

booooooooo
i canceled my fifa preorder so i can reorder with the gow3 credit went to reorder today and now its only a ten dollar credit wtf
im def sticking with kmart from now on

[quote name='wolve']This issue always gets asked in the thread...
Any chance we could get the first post converted into a wiki and add a FAQ?[/QUOTE]

I guess you are kidding?

Because the first post is a wiki & there are FAQs; it's just that no one actually refers to them.

[quote name='rey6eric']I received my promotional credit but no Kantus code. Are they both sent in seperate emails?[/QUOTE]

yep.

kantus is subjected: Your Bonus for Ordering "Gears of War 3"
----

Gotta love amazon for giving me $20 cause they didn't deliver on release date. Of course, 99% of the time, a game gets sent to me release day and doesn't get played for a week., but on the ONE game I've been looking forward to playing right away, it gets delayed. Go figure. Still can't complain about Amazon's customer service.

[quote name='rey6eric']I received my promotional credit but no Kantus code. Are they both sent in seperate emails?[/QUOTE]
Usually is a separate email.

Yes they are. I received the DLC code first and then the e-mail saying I received the promotional credit.

[quote name='sparkchronic']booooooooo
i canceled my fifa preorder so i can reorder with the gow3 credit went to reorder today and now its only a ten dollar credit wtf
im def sticking with kmart from now on[/QUOTE]

And how is that Amazon´s fault?

[quote name='iggypop123']no!!!! gears removed the 20 buck gift card. it was available yesterday. i wanted to order today and its gone. damn![/QUOTE]

i think they just put it back up.

on another note. can these amazon video game credits be applied to xbox live gold card purchases?

My $20 credit email says:

Thank you for purchasing "Gears of War 3" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 5/31/2011. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by October 31, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

WTH is wrong with the day? I take that the credit is good through 10/31/12.

This is a video game credit again. I though they've switched to general credits a while again. At least it's still good for 13 months.

Do the terms of the $20 credit limit me from using two twenty dollar credits on one game? My plan was to take the $20 from Gears and the $20 from Fifa to purchase NBA 2k12 for $20 while securing myself a $10 credit to put towards Skyrim.

[quote name='TheEvilMonkey']Do the terms of the $20 credit limit me from using two twenty dollar credits on one game? My plan was to take the $20 from Gears and the $20 from Fifa to purchase NBA 2k12 for $20 while securing myself a $10 credit to put towards Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, there is no limit.
I have used $40, $50, $62, etc in promo credit just to buy one single game with no problem at all.

[quote name='eau']My $20 credit email says:

WTH is wrong with the day? I take that the credit is good through 10/31/12.

This is a video game credit again. I though they've switched to general credits a while again. At least it's still good for 13 months.[/QUOTE]
Gears 3 is an older credit because it was put on there before they switched to general credits, they just never updated it.

[quote name='FerDK']From my experience, there is no limit.
I have used $40, $50, $62, etc in promo credit just to buy one single game with no problem at all.[/QUOTE]

im also think like you i already use $50 for buying one single game

is lord of the rings: war of the north supposed to be a big game? i know it lotr and all, but i really havent heard/seen much about it. im just wondering why it has a $20 credit attached to it.

on another note, i got my kantus code yesterday but im still waiting for my gears 3 credit. and i shouldve jumped in on skyrim when the price was lower

^ well if you ever played champions of norrath and baldur's gate on PS2 it's the same ppl (Snowblind studios), which I believe were devs from Blizzard North? Anyway hack n slash, I'm pumped for it.

Thanks OP, I think I'll go ahead and get this and hope my GF has some interest in playing with me =) as she played through CoN with me..

That Skyrim $10 promotional credit is mighty tempting. I was set on buying it at Gamestop. If they up it to $20, I will definitely get it on Amazon.

bread's done
Back