Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FerDK']And how is that Amazon´s fault?[/QUOTE]

well they advertise a deal or price whatever it is to entice consumers to shop with them and yeah of course we are not entitled to that but the fact is they did advertise it

now i had a choice to shop here or another vendor with an equally good deal
i chose the amazon route because of the set deal that was advertised so yeah its not their fault i chose to do it that way because i was betting on a consistency that amazon obviously doesnt have
i was burned so now im choosing to go back to a vendor who has showed consistency in the deals they offer me without changing things at a whim

[quote name='sparkchronic']well they advertise a deal or price whatever it is to entice consumers to shop with them and yeah of course we are not entitled to that but the fact is they did advertise it

i chose the amazon route because of the set deal that was advertised so yeah its not their fault i chose to do it that way because i was betting on a consistency that amazon obviously doesnt have
i was burned so now im choosing to go back to a vendor who has showed consistency in the deals they offer me without changing things at a whim[/QUOTE]
Your reasoning makes no sense. You only burned yourself for not pre-ordering the game and they clearly advertised a deal for people who pre-ordered, which you did not, so be grateful that they are still offering some form of credit in the first place.

[quote name='sparkchronic']well they advertise a deal or price whatever it is to entice consumers to shop with them and yeah of course we are not entitled to that but the fact is they did advertise it

i was burned so now im choosing to go back to a vendor who has showed consistency in the deals they offer me without changing things at a whim[/QUOTE]

:roll:

some people shouldn't be allowed to shop.

Quit throwing the word consistency around. It's your fault you didn't check to see if the preorder credit was the same before you cancelled your preorder. Also all of this could have been avoided if you had simply called Amazon and asked to have the $20 promo credit applied to your existing preorder.

[quote name='LordVila']Quit throwing the word consistency around. It's your fault you didn't check to see if the preorder credit was the same before you cancelled your preorder. Also all of this could have been avoided if you had simply called Amazon and asked to have the $20 promo credit applied to your existing preorder.[/QUOTE]

That´s exactly right. Normally Amazon CS is very willing to help in adding earned credit or gift cards to existing pre-orders. They rock! :)

this is kind of old, but has anyone had a problem with a dlc code from amazon?

i have the madden dlc code from them and its 16 characters long....xbox 360 codes are usually 25 characters long, arent they? ive entered it numerous times, but it wont work

[quote name='blackwaltz34']this is kind of old, but has anyone had a problem with a dlc code from amazon?

i have the madden dlc code from them and its 16 characters long....xbox 360 codes are usually 25 characters long, arent they? ive entered it numerous times, but it wont work[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you got a PS3 code on mistake. Let them know.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']this is kind of old, but has anyone had a problem with a dlc code from amazon?

i have the madden dlc code from them and its 16 characters long....xbox 360 codes are usually 25 characters long, arent they? ive entered it numerous times, but it wont work[/QUOTE]

The madden dlc code is entered from within the in game code screen - same as your online Pass code to play on Xbox live.

[quote name='FerDK']That´s exactly right. Normally Amazon CS is very willing to help in adding earned credit or gift cards to existing pre-orders. They rock! :)[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 360 Gears or War edition thru them and got it on the 20th which was release day. One of the corners was pretty beat up on the 360 box which was int here shipping box. I contacted support just to let them know, since 400 bucks is alot of money to blow on a toy tht looked like it was dropped. The console worked fine, but they still gave me an additional $40 credit, on top of the $40 credit they offered with the console in the first place and assured me I will never get a dented package from them again.

tl:dr - Amazons customer service is top notch, they will take care of you. I will NEVER go back into a Gamestop again.

PS: I ended up getting the 360 for about 300 bucks, great deal.

Yes, they are 25 characters long:
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

And Ps3 codes are 12 characters long:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

If I order something before credit is offered, will I still get the credit. Or do I need to reorder it? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't want to sift through 389 pages.

[quote name='mgford11']The madden dlc code is entered from within the in game code screen - same as your online Pass code to play on Xbox live.[/QUOTE]

ha, just figured that out. i sent an email to amazon and they said they sent the wrong instructions

[quote name='blackwaltz34']ha, just figured that out. i sent an email to amazon and they said they sent the wrong instructions[/QUOTE]

you know what? I think EA fucked up too.

on my card: "To active your Madden NFL 12 HoF edition.... press the xbox guide button and navigate to the marketplace tab..."

uhh... it's a 16 digit in game code.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Hey guys, so for the amazon credit, do you get like an email from them with a special code, or is the credit added to your account?[/QUOTE]

You should get an email confirming that it was added to your account. No code necessary.

I knew I shouldn't have waited for some reviews to come out before preordering FIFA 12. I'm probably gonna wait until it hits sub-$40 now.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']is lord of the rings: war of the north supposed to be a big game? i know it lotr and all, but i really havent heard/seen much about it. im just wondering why it has a $20 credit attached to it.

on another note, i got my kantus code yesterday but im still waiting for my gears 3 credit. and i shouldve jumped in on skyrim when the price was lower[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting to order Lord of the Rings for a while, now I'm not sure what to do since my PC can certainly handle it and using the new Green Man code would make it only $34.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Did you guys already get the Gears 3 $20 credit? I haven't, and the email that I used to register for amazon prime is f'd, so I don't know if I got an email. :/[/QUOTE]
You should have gotten the Gears 3 credit within 48 hours of your order shipping as long as you ordered when they had the deal.

Did you check properly? You need to add something in the video games category (sold by Amazon) to your cart and see if it shows.

If it's not there contact CS.

[quote name='Master Troll']Your reasoning makes no sense. You only burned yourself for not pre-ordering the game and they clearly advertised a deal for people who pre-ordered, which you did not, so be grateful that they are still offering some form of credit in the first place.[/QUOTE]

did preorder fifa had a 20 credit
preordered gears got a credit for that
in anticipation of getting this credit i canceled fifa (still had the 20 credit) so that i can reorder with now a 20 discount from gears to take the price down thinking that fifa would have a 20 credit as was advertised but all of a sudden its changed
whats not to get
they offered a deal then changed it so im going to use a diff vendor from now on who doesnt
simple as that :applause:

[quote name='sparkchronic']did preorder fifa had a 20 credit
in anticipation of getting this credit i canceled fifa (still had the 20 credit) so that i can reorder with now a 20 discount from gears to take the price down thinking that fifa would have a 20 credit as was advertised but all of a sudden its changed
whats not to get
they offered a deal then changed it so im going to use a diff vendor from now on who doesnt
simple as that :applause:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but no one cares. Amazon had a limited-time offer that expired before you got it. Please move along.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Did you guys already get the Gears 3 $20 credit? I haven't, and the email that I used to register for amazon prime is f'd, so I don't know if I got an email. :/[/QUOTE]

You can try adding a game to your cart and start the check out process. When you get to the confirm screen it will say on the right hand side whether any credit is applied.

ok so I ordered a copy from amazon for a friend (i have prime) and another buddy of mine wants gears from amazon too.

My question is this, it says there is a limit of 1 per household for the $20 promo credit but it still shows up at the top of the checkout page that my purchase qualifies for it. Will I still get it even though this would be my second gears purchase w/ them under the same account?

[quote name='aznhero913']ok so I ordered a copy from amazon for a friend (i have prime) and another buddy of mine wants gears from amazon too.

My question is this, it says there is a limit of 1 per household for the $20 promo credit but it still shows up at the top of the checkout page that my purchase qualifies for it. Will I still get it even though this would be my second gears purchase w/ them under the same account?[/QUOTE]

1 Per account.

[quote name='mgford11']1 Per account.[/QUOTE]

So even though it's showing up at the top of the page, I won't get it?

Has anyone done multiple orders to confirm any of this?

[quote name='aznhero913']So even though it's showing up at the top of the page, I won't get it?

Has anyone done multiple orders to confirm any of this?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's pretty dumb imo but they limit it to one. In the past though as long as you use a different account (even though it's for the same household) you would then be able to get the credit again. Of course the credit would go to the account you order it under and so you couldnt stack it with the previous credit.

Thanks for the quick answers guys.

I'll just tell him I can't order it for him.

I wonder if it's kind of a new promo though? Since I ordered before amazon yanked the $20 promo and now that the $20 promo is back, it's considered a different one.

whats not to get

How dare they change a deal without personally informing you. I suggest you never shop at Amazon again. And completely ignore this thread from here on out! You have been wronged, sir, and you shouldn't have to take it! I suggest a letter writing campaign. Please do not waste your time in here when you could be telling Amazon what for!

[quote name='aznhero913']So even though it's showing up at the top of the page, I won't get it?

Has anyone done multiple orders to confirm any of this?[/QUOTE]

They will 99% deny you. I've only been able to do it on different platforms. However, you could chat with customer service and ask them whether you'll get it. Cause if they say yes, then you have it on record and can always go back to it.

[quote name='aznhero913']Thanks for the quick answers guys.

I'll just tell him I can't order it for him.

I wonder if it's kind of a new promo though? Since I ordered before amazon yanked the $20 promo and now that the $20 promo is back, it's considered a different one.[/QUOTE]

You can share prime with your friend's account, so it gets shipped quickly for him. That way someone at least gets the credit.

whats not to get

For future reference don't cancel the order. Once you have the credit from the other game just go to your open orders and click "change payment method" and you will be able to apply the credit. Amazon is very generous with upgrading the promos if they improve after you pre-order, so the best bet is to pre-order as soon as they offer some kind of deal and then you can always cancel the week before release if the final deal just isn't good enough.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']if anyone preordered fifa for ps3 with the 20 dollar credit and doesn't want it anymore, pm plz. I will send you paypal for the 20 if you send to me.[/QUOTE]

Wat

[quote name='mgford11']Wat[/QUOTE]
What I'm saying is, If anyone has preordered fifa 12 for ps3 with the 20 credit, and is not interested in it anymore. I am asking them to keep the order. I will send them paypal for 20 and they could change the shipping to my address.

Edit: forgot the credit would stay in their account. Sigh, I really wanted fifa 12, played demo and really liked it. Guess I will have to wait.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']What I'm saying is, If anyone has preordered fifa 12 for ps3 with the 20 credit, and is not interested in it anymore. I am asking them to keep the order. I will send them paypal for 20 and they could change the shipping to my address.

Edit: forgot the credit would stay in their account. Sigh, I really wanted fifa 12, played demo and really liked it. Guess I will have to wait.[/QUOTE]

So they're going to pay $60 for it. Get $20 from u and $20 from amazon in credit....Leaving them $20 short and without a game?

What I meant was I would cover the cost of the game and receive the credit but I forgot that the credit stays in the account and is not a gift card code or something

[quote name='mgford11']So they're going to pay $60 for it. Get $20 from u and $20 from amazon in credit....Leaving them $20 short and without a game?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm in!

[quote name='mgford11']So they're going to pay $60 for it. Get $20 from u and $20 from amazon in credit....Leaving them $20 short and without a game?[/QUOTE]

Can Mods please let me handout a temp ban for stupidity?

[quote name='donkeydrop']For future reference don't cancel the order. Once you have the credit from the other game just go to your open orders and click "change payment method" and you will be able to apply the credit. Amazon is very generous with upgrading the promos if they improve after you pre-order, so the best bet is to pre-order as soon as they offer some kind of deal and then you can always cancel the week before release if the final deal just isn't good enough.[/QUOTE]

You cannot apply promotional credit to an existing order without contacting customer service.

man ppl are really getting on me. haha. its cool tho. didnt notice it til he mentioned the mistake. Everyone knows what I meant though.

Edit: Tried to get amazon to price match the tru deal. Got a call back from them and gave me instant 10 off so bought fifa for 49.95 with the bonuses as well. Really love giving my money to amazon. Great customer service nearly all the time.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Man is does this site have some real mental giants... I feel bad to think it is funny, but they're here, so...[/QUOTE]

:roll:

No credit so far for BF3, Uncharted 3, or MW3 .... :(

I'm probably getting MW3 Hardened at release either way though. BF3 is up in the air for me. Uncharted 3 I can wait for a price drop like I did for Uncharted 1/2.

bread's done
Back