Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']You had a $20 credit from a prior purchase[/QUOTE]

Yep, that could be it. I thought I already used my Gear of War 3 credit, maybe not.

[quote name='aircobra']You already got the map....look at the back of the box, it says the map is inside.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did a WTF for a moment and then I read that. So, yeah, it is kind of lame they even ever advertized that as a preorder bonus.

I got a promotional credit email on the 11th - must have been for Skyrim (which just came today).

Much to my surprise, they shipped Halo CE today for delivery tomorrow - that is the first time in 15+ preorders (with Prime) that I've actually gotten release-day delivery. Hopefully the other $10 for that shows up soon.

The less I have to bug CS about these promos the better ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, I did a WTF for a moment and then I read that. So, yeah, it is kind of lame they even ever advertized that as a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

Especially when Amazon stopped advertizing it for the PS3 version a couple days before release. And then come to find out that it was already packed in with every copy.

[quote name='Parkerktm']Assassins Creed Revelations has $10 promo credit up now.

you can thank me later[/QUOTE]
As does Rayman. No artbook for Rayman now though. At this point it's too little too late for either game. Much better deals to be had.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I preordered Rayman when it had the book, so I'll be getting that and the $10 credit, yippee![/QUOTE]

I preordered Rayman too, but I doubt I'll be getting the credit since it's supposed to arrive today? :roll:

[quote name='tecwrtr']I preordered Rayman too, but I doubt I'll be getting the credit since it's supposed to arrive today? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah you'll get the credit. Anyone who preordered either Rayman or AC:R should be getting a $10 credit.

[quote name='jughead']Anyone get their halo credit yet?[/QUOTE]
I got mine this morning and it was of the code variety. Does anyone know if I can stack a $10 credit that is already in my account with one of these codes?

[quote name='garrett007']Anyone get their master chief code yet? I didn't but got my promo credit[/QUOTE]
I believe it's packed inside the game case.

[quote name='Lucian']I got mine this morning and it was of the code variety. Does anyone know if I can stack a $10 credit that is already in my account with one of these codes?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they stack without issue.

Master Troll, I just finished a live chat with Amazon. They told me that the code was e-mailed this morning, and I told them I didn't received it, so they gave me the code again. Initiate a live chat at their support site if you're still without your code.

[quote name='dandylife']Master Troll, I just finished a live chat with Amazon. They told me that the code was e-mailed this morning, and I told them I didn't received it, so they gave me the code again. Initiate a live chat at their support site if you're still without your code.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip about the email. The first rep was no help but I brought up the emails being resent to those that asked to the 2nd rep and my code was sent.

Huh, I didn't get Halo today even though I'm Prime/have release date delivery. This is a first. My friend said Saint's Row didn't arrive for him either even though he also had release date delivery. This is...bizarre.

[quote name='Blackjack13']Huh, I didn't get Halo today even though I'm Prime/have release date delivery. This is a first. My friend said Saint's Row didn't arrive for him either even though he also had release date delivery. This is...bizarre.[/QUOTE]

What does your tracking info say?

[quote name='Blackjack13']Huh, I didn't get Halo today even though I'm Prime/have release date delivery. This is a first. My friend said Saint's Row didn't arrive for him either even though he also had release date delivery. This is...bizarre.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get Halo today either. I think they were late getting the games to UPS. I got an email saying it was shipped yesterday, but when I put the tracking number on UPS's site, it says they didn't receive it until today. This is the first time I haven't received a game on time with release date delivery and it's scheduled to get here tomorrow, so I'm not going to make a big deal about it to Amazon.

[quote name='aircobra']What does your tracking info say?[/QUOTE]
Amazon tells me it is in Whitestown, IN. UPS says it has even arrived at the shipping facility. I'm up in Minnesota. I'll talk to Amazon Reps and see what's up.

I haven't gotten either as of yet.

edit: Got the DLC, but still waiting on the credit. It's been taking quite a while lately, so that is to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately Amazon sends out credits through codes instead of direct deposit. Does it mean that the codes (from different game promos) won't stack?

[quote name='eau']Lately Amazon sends out credits through codes instead of direct deposit. Does it mean that the codes (from different game promos) won't stack?[/QUOTE]

Two weeks ago I got a code. More recently, for Skyrim, it was automatically applied to my account. I think it's premature to say they're moving to codes at the moment.

No credit for my Rayman Origins yet, either. :whistle2:(

I've spoken with 2 different reps now, and they both said they have to send an e-mail to a "special department" that handles promotions. They said I would receive an e-mail answer within 24 to 48 hours. NOT cool.

[quote name='Parkerktm']Assassins Creed Revelations has $10 promo credit up now.

you can thank me later[/QUOTE]
don't trade with this guy I sent him money with paypal and he loged out 10 minutes afterward. that was 2 hours ago now

A friend of mine called me earlier and even sent me a picture of his Email receipt. He ordered Halo Anniversary, Assassin's Creed, and Modern Warfare 3. He had a 20 promo credit from Gears of War 3, and it applied to his order. Then Amazon applied a $60+ credit, $40+ credit, and another $17 credit.... making the order free. Had to be a glitch in the system. He even received an Email for the $10 credit from Halo. Basically, he got all 3 games for $10 worth of credit.

Has Amazon extended credit offers to the Collectors editions of games lately? My specific example/concerns is on the Mass Effect 3 $10 credit. I want the Collectors edition, but only the regular version shows the credit as available. In past history with other CE or LEs, has Amazon extended their credit offer to all version of a game, or kept it just on the regular versions?

[quote name='nightmare452']Has Amazon extended credit offers to the Collectors editions of games lately? My specific example/concerns is on the Mass Effect 3 $10 credit. I want the Collectors edition, but only the regular version shows the credit as available. In past history with other CE or LEs, has Amazon extended their credit offer to all version of a game, or kept it just on the regular versions?[/QUOTE]I think the only ones I can think of off-hand that received pre-order credits were Halo Reach CE/LE and LOTR: War In The North.

[quote name='209chromatic']I got my Halo credit but notice it expires by the end of this month. Anyone else notice that[/QUOTE]

No, mine expires in 2012.

[quote name='209chromatic']I got my Halo credit but notice it expires by the end of this month. Anyone else notice that[/QUOTE]

Mine says 2012

Amazon Price matched Targets ad and still offers a $10 credit.

Fair warning; amazon was and still has issues with getting stock of the game, and the est delivery date is 11/29. But, for a net $37, can you wait a week?

bread's done
Back