Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the general processing time for an order? realized an order was due anywhere between the 4th and 10th of january and was hoping the item would be processed quick enough for my credit to arrive so i could jump in on the mw3 and live deals.

have they ever applied the promotional credit retroactively for anyone here?

[quote name='yahoosale14']whats the general processing time for an order? realized an order was due anywhere between the 4th and 10th of january and was hoping the item would be processed quick enough for my credit to arrive so i could jump in on the mw3 and live deals.

have they ever applied the promotional credit retroactively for anyone here?[/QUOTE]
I've gotten it 5 minutes after they shipped an order, but never before. I wouldn't count on them giving before they ship it, tbh.

[quote name='twztid13']I've gotten it 5 minutes after they shipped an order, but never before. I wouldn't count on them giving before they ship it, tbh.[/QUOTE]

oh. i saw somewhere that it could take up to 48 hours for them to email the code. at least my shipment will arrive in a total of 3 business days with super saver free shipping instead of the much later original estimate

most of the time i get them right after they ship but my 50 dollar credit from the 360 has been 30 hours so far and i got nothing

[quote name='pedrobeara']most of the time i get them right after they ship but my 50 dollar credit from the 360 has been 30 hours so far and i got nothing[/QUOTE]

waiting on the credit for an xbox too, mines only been a day though

[quote name='yahoosale14']oh. i saw somewhere that it could take up to 48 hours for them to email the code. at least my shipment will arrive in a total of 3 business days with super saver free shipping instead of the much later original estimate[/QUOTE]
I was just stating the earliest I had gotten them. They have most definitely taken 48+ hours, too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Title of this thread needs to be edited, right?[/QUOTE]
I pm'd Shrike4242 a long time ago, and he's the one that said we need to pm them instead of griping about it in the thread. Try pm'ing Pookymeister, CaseyRyback or Sp00ge about it.

I really want SSX. I love me some amazon, but a 10 dollar credit will not make me bite on anything.
I wonder what changed for amazon it used to have more than one title rocking a 20 dollar credit and/or extra content.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']They don't charge you until it ships right?

I just bought textbooks for this semester and it screwed me hard. I want lock in that credit though.[/QUOTE]
Correct (on games & music, at least. I only have personal experience with preordering games & music cd's).

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Standard for PS3/Xbox has a $10 credit.

If you're mixed on which version to get, get it for PS3. I read the OXM review which gave it a
but said it suffers from framerate drops and very bad compression during the fmv sequences. This could be the case on the PS3 version as well but the same thing happened with FF XIII and it was only the Xbox version that suffered.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']W/e happened to $20? Amazon sucks. kmart ftw[/QUOTE]
We suck too, I'd love to put the heat on everyone again but I don't see it happening at least in the near future.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We suck too, I'd love to put the heat on everyone again but I don't see it happening at least in the near future.[/QUOTE]
lol, I was going to comment on that but decided against it. I like how you did though :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We suck too, I'd love to put the heat on everyone again but I don't see it happening at least in the near future.[/QUOTE]
I almost fell out of my chair. You are too honest.

(lying on a hospital bed) The SHC-Gamer has to come back.

Amazon needs to get on it. Im addicted to not messing with the stores, and getting my games delivered on release day.

Amazon went from almost every title having RDD and most with a $10/$15/$20 credit to just a handful of games (ME3, FFXIII-2, Max Payne, all the Vita stuff) to having anything at all. I know RDD is sometimes late to the show, but it would be nice to see it on at least some of the titles coming out in the next 2-3 months. The lack of credit sucks, but the lack of RDD will just send my business straight to a B&M store.

C'mon Amazon, where's my Kingdom of Amalur RDD? SSX? RE: ORC? Syndicate? SFXTekken?

What bothers me more than RDD is when a regular edition of a game has credit, but not the collector's. Mass Effect 3, I'm looking at you

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks for posting. I see a few I am qualified for. CAG may get an additional amazon rep. ;)[/QUOTE]

Give credit to Cheapy. He tweeted that link sometime last week.

Added Tiger Woods & Darkness II to 1st post. If you guys see a game w/ a credit a week ago, why not take 10 seconds & add it to the 1st post so everyone can know about it? I've pm'd Shrike4242 about the title change, but he seems to be brushing it off. Anyone else want to pm a mod to change it (that's exactly what Shrike said to do instead of gripe about it here, lol. Oh, the irony).

does the 10 dollar credit apply to ME3 collectors edition? I dont see the page for it when i click that tab. I was considering getting that version and 10 bucks off would seal the deal. Anyone know if it does?

A lot of games FINALLY got upgraded to release date delivery at least such as Kingdoms of Amalur, Street Fighter X Tekken, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Asura's Wrath, SSX, and Syndicate, probably among other titles as well.

Now just need more credits! : )

[quote name='Kenshindono']does the 10 dollar credit apply to ME3 collectors edition? I dont see the page for it when i click that tab. I was considering getting that version and 10 bucks off would seal the deal. Anyone know if it does?[/QUOTE]
Most collector's edition do not get a credit to go along with them, even if the regular version has one. Occasionally it happens, but very rarely.

[quote name='Kenshindono']does the 10 dollar credit apply to ME3 collectors edition? I dont see the page for it when i click that tab. I was considering getting that version and 10 bucks off would seal the deal. Anyone know if it does?[/QUOTE]

Considering this notice on amazon, I don't think you're gonna the deal on the CE:

Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition for Xbox 360. We are looking to secure additional allocation from the publisher and will update this page if that occurs. Please note -- if you have already pre-ordered this edition -- do not cancel as you may not be able to re-order.

Just wondering how these promo credits work, I have never pre ordered from Amazon. If I get the credits from Darkness II and Syndicate, can I then use both codes for a total of $30.00 towards Max Payne 3 pre order? Or do I have to wait for it to be released and then order it?

[quote name='Xerofade']Just wondering how these promo credits work, I have never pre ordered from Amazon. If I get the credits from Darkness II and Syndicate, can I then use both codes for a total of $30.00 towards Max Payne 3 pre order? Or do I have to wait for it to be released and then order it?[/QUOTE]

most likely they're going be added to your account like a gift certificate. They're available to use after you get the email that they've been added; usually 48 hrs after the games that include the credit ships.

How quick is amazons shipping for newly released games?

Lets say I buy Syndicate. I can use the $20 credit on Mass Effect 3 collectors edition with no problem right?

sorry for the noobish questions

[quote name='ManuGinobili']How quick is amazons shipping for newly released games?

Lets say I buy Syndicate. I can use the $20 credit on Mass Effect 3 collectors edition with no problem right?

sorry for the noobish questions[/QUOTE]

release day delivery means exactly as its name.

they usually credit you as soon as your item ships.

bread's done
Back