Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grap3fruitman']Has anyone else tried getting Amazon to match Target's $20 promo on Soul Calibur 5?[/QUOTE]

I tried to get a price match for that and the $45 KoA: Reckoning over at TrU. I got their "we only price match TVs" song and dance both times. :cry:

Amazon just sent mt $10+$20 for ordering FF13-2 yesterday. Just used both now on Syndicate to keep the credit train rolling.

[quote name='Brenex']Amazon just sent mt $10+$20 for ordering FF13-2 yesterday. Just used both now on Syndicate to keep the credit train rolling.[/QUOTE]

Was it in the same e-mail? I ordered and took a screen shot with the FFIII-2 (360) was giving both the $10 and $20 credit but my e-mail that I just received only noted the $10 credit

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Aw, man. I missed the $10 credit on Soul Calibur V. I would've bit with that offer.[/QUOTE]
SCV comes with a $20 gift card at Target this week.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']SCV comes with a $20 gift card at Target this week.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice. I don't pay attention to the Target thread because we don't have a store here. My parents are heading out of town this week, though, so they'll probably be going by a few and wouldn't mind picking one up for me. Thanks for the heads-up! :D

[quote name='GBAstar']Was it in the same e-mail? I ordered and took a screen shot with the FFIII-2 (360) was giving both the $10 and $20 credit but my e-mail that I just received only noted the $10 credit[/QUOTE]

Two different emails

i tried to play the demo and it was "connecting" forever. my connection is fine, im playing online games now. ill have to try again soon i guess.

I can't believe Amazon is not match the Kingdoms of Amalur price. I'll need to order in the next day or so to get it on time. It sucks !!

Sorry if this has been asked before, just curious if you can use multiple promo codes on one order? I have the $20.00 from FFXIII-2 and was considering Syndicate for $20.00 bonus also. I then was going to try and use both for SSX, just not sure if it would even work. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='stoned99']I can't believe Amazon is not match the Kingdoms of Amalur price. I'll need to order in the next day or so to get it on time. It sucks !![/QUOTE]

They may do something near release date or on release date. This activity occurred with Final Fantasy 13-2.

bought final fantasy on saturday and amazon has not sent the credit yet. Got the strategy guide but no credit and upon questioning amazon getting some very funny answer

[quote name='bnl11311']bought final fantasy on saturday and amazon has not sent the credit yet. Got the strategy guide but no credit and upon questioning amazon getting some very funny answer[/QUOTE]

I ordered on Sat too. Got my guide this morning but no credit yet. I'm gonna give it a bit tho since my game just shipped last night.

Ordered mine on Friday and got the mini guide this morning but no credit. Talked with customer service and they said I'd get it later today.

amazon was sloppy with my order for the first time ever, theyre usually pretty quick about shipping orders and getting them to me well before the expected date.

ordered my ffxiii-2 for ps3 and 360 on tuesday morning at about 6AM est delivery date feb6-feb10 and it barely updated this morning feb 6th SHIPPING SOON, .....yay....

I had to contact Amazon 3 times to get the credit and Omega Boss Battle DLC. I do have a newbish question. Where do I use the DLC, is it something I use in game or over the PSN? I've never used a DLC code in my life, and I don't have an email that says where to go. Thanks.

[quote name='rawrker']I had to contact Amazon 3 times to get the credit and Omega Boss Battle DLC. I do have a newbish question. Where do I use the DLC, is it something I use in game or over the PSN? I've never used a DLC code in my life, and I don't have an email that says where to go. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=&quot]How to Use Your Codes:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or use an existing account).
Step 2: Select "Account Management" from the "PlayStation Network" icon on the XMB (XcrossMediaBar).
Step 3: Select "Redeem Codes."
Step 4: Enter the promotional code found above. Please note that the promotional code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly. Each claim code is unique and can't be shared.
Step 5: Once the promotional code has been entered correctly click "Continue." Once you accept the terms you will be taken to the download screen.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

[quote name='FerDK'][FONT=&quot]How to Use Your Codes:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or use an existing account).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 2: Select "Account Management" from the "PlayStation Network" icon on the XMB (XcrossMediaBar).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 3: Select "Redeem Codes."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 4: Enter the promotional code found above. Please note that the promotional code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly. Each claim code is unique and can't be shared.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 5: Once the promotional code has been entered correctly click "Continue." Once you accept the terms you will be taken to the download screen.[/FONT]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!!

[quote name='edson13']anyone get their xbox 360 amulur codes yet? I got a a ps3 one yesterday, but still nothing on the 360 side.[/QUOTE]

I only ordered the PS3 one and I got my codes in the morning.

just tried the syndicate demo and liked it, but is it really worth a net price of $40? there is no online VS mode, i wonder how much replay there is, and how long the game is....

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']just tried the syndicate demo and liked it, but is it really worth a net price of $40? there is no online VS mode, i wonder how much replay there is, and how long the game is....[/QUOTE]

Starbreeze said it would take around 50 hours to unlock everything in the coop and beat the singleplayer.

[quote name='edson13']anyone get their xbox 360 amulur codes yet? I got a a ps3 one yesterday, but still nothing on the 360 side.[/QUOTE]

Yup got them this morning

[quote name='Ozonekill']Where are the Twisted Metal deals? Only newegg had anything?[/QUOTE]
Amazon rarely has preorder credit deals on PS3 exclusives. Not sure why.

Should I get in on this Mass Effect 3 preorder or wait to see if there are better deals release week? The eternal CAG question...

[quote name='Dr. Treye']Should I get in on this Mass Effect 3 preorder or wait to see if there are better deals release week? The eternal CAG question...[/QUOTE]

You realize they don't charge until it ships, right? You should have preordered when there was a $20 credit. If its beaten by a weekly b&m then you just cancel.

[quote name='keit2208']You realize they don't charge until it ships, right? You should have preordered when there was a $20 credit. If its beaten by a weekly b&m then you just cancel.[/QUOTE]

I preordered ME3 on Amazon months ago. I dont recall a $20 credit ever?

[quote name='Donut2922']I preordered ME3 on Amazon months ago. I dont recall a $20 credit ever?[/QUOTE]

Yeah me either. That is what I am hoping for. If they don't up it to $20, I'll cancel pre order and get it else where.

Pretty sure they waited until the last week or so before adding the extra $10 to ME2 so just have to wait it out I guess.

Amazon has the digital download for the PC version of Mass Effect 3 with both of their pre-order deals now. I didn't notice it before, so just a heads up if some else missed.

They'll allow you to pre-load starting on the 2nd of March so should be fast way to get the game on the 6th plus the $10 credit (hopefully $20 soon) and the dlc rifle.

I got an e-mail stating that the Silent Hill HD Collection has been delayed to the end of March, with an estimated ship time between the 27th and 31st, and the page for it says it releases on the 20th. Not quite sure how this will affect the pre-order bonus, I was planning on applying that credit towards Downpour.

So, these new $20 credits that come from a code rather than being automatically applied to your account-- can you apply them to an existing order?

MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack now has a $10 credit. I added this info to the initial thread I created about a MLB/NBA 2K12 combo pack here.
Order the "MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack," for Xbpx 360, and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your qualifying order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Forgot that MLB 2K12 alone also has the $10 credit.
http://www.amazon.com/Major-League-Baseball-2K12-Xbox-360/dp/B00647630Y/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, these new $20 credits that come from a code rather than being automatically applied to your account-- can you apply them to an existing order?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it works like a gift card code. Haven't had new code myself though. Seems you get code, activate it, and it goes into your account balance... Maybe CR could apply it after an order or you could reorder. if it works that way.

If you use the promo code on an order, then cancel the order can you re-use the promo code? I'd assume yes, but I don't want to risk canceling an order unless someone confirms just to be safe.

I pre ordered MGS3D monday with FSSS and its still is in the "shipping soon" state, how long does amazon usually take to ship games from their release date?

[quote name='KtMack23']I pre ordered MGS3D monday with FSSS and its still is in the "shipping soon" state, how long does amazon usually take to ship games from their release date?[/QUOTE]
My personal experience (before I got Prime) was that Amazon was amazingly fast during the holidays (generally like October-December) and then they really slowed down with the FSSS other months almost to convince you to get Prime. With FSSS you have to remember that you are basically the lowest priority; even then, you will get your item before the estimated delivery date they gave when you ordered.

To be honest, even with Prime, my shipping is a little slower than it was during the holidays. (During the holidays, I would get my items the next day 90% of the time with the free 2-day shipping; now, it really takes 2 days most of the time.) It's probably related to staffing levels...

bread's done
Back