Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If you use the promo code on an order, then cancel the order can you re-use the promo code? I'd assume yes, but I don't want to risk canceling an order unless someone confirms just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

In the past, when I have canceled the order, the credit gets put back into my account to use with the next eligible purchase.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If you use the promo code on an order, then cancel the order can you re-use the promo code? I'd assume yes, but I don't want to risk canceling an order unless someone confirms just to be safe.[/QUOTE]
The codes, Amazon says, are like coupons. You need to be SURE you want what you use them on, as they don't reapply to other items (I did have like $2 left from BF3, and it applied to my RE:Rev 3ds order, so they probably just say that).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, these new $20 credits that come from a code rather than being automatically applied to your account-- can you apply them to an existing order?[/QUOTE]

You MUST enter the codes on the last page of the checkout page that says, "discounts or promotions," and they DO NOT work on existing orders (I've tried all this).

[quote name='KtMack23']I pre ordered MGS3D monday with FSSS and its still is in the "shipping soon" state, how long does amazon usually take to ship games from their release date?[/QUOTE]
My MGS3DS shipped on Monday & arrived on Wed with FSSS. I cancelled my RE:Rev order (which I put in on 1st day it was available to pre-order), as a CAG said he could get it cheaper. He backed out, so I reordered the day before release. I just recieved it yesterday :(. I assume it could be due to the misprinted packages, but idk.

[quote name='Lucian']My personal experience (before I got Prime) was that Amazon was amazingly fast during the holidays (generally like October-December) and then they really slowed down with the FSSS other months almost to convince you to get Prime. With FSSS you have to remember that you are basically the lowest priority; even then, you will get your item before the estimated delivery date they gave when you ordered.
random.gif

To be honest, even with Prime, my shipping is a little slower than it was during the holidays. (During the holidays, I would get my items the next day 90% of the time with the free 2-day shipping; now, it really takes 2 days most of the time.) It's probably related to staffing levels...[/QUOTE]

Ive had the same experience over the holidays myself. Yes they do seem to be alot more responsive and send their orders at a much quicker rate than the "off season" months

[quote name='dealquest']Ive had the same experience over the holidays myself. Yes they do seem to be alot more responsive and send their orders at a much quicker rate than the "off season" months[/QUOTE]

i think it really depends on how close you are to an in-stock shipping center. they (amz) have a shipping center 100 miles to the north of me, and i get my 2 day shipping orders overnight about half the time. when i go standard shipping, i usually get it in 2days. ymmv.

also, does anyone remember how close to launch the ME2 $20 credit popped up? im holding out for the same deal on me3, but time is running short!

I just ordered Mass Effect 3 and it didn't offer me release day shipping even though I know I saw the option this afternoon. I'm trying to live-chat with customer service but not getting anywhere. Am I too late or something? The guy I'm chatting with has no idea what he's talking about.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Has anyone actually recieved their credit code for ME3 yet? I got my Argus AR code but no credit email.[/QUOTE]

I received the credit on Tuesday.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Has anyone actually recieved their credit code for ME3 yet? I got my Argus AR code but no credit email.[/QUOTE]

i received it wednsday night. my brother who had also ordered it got it this afternoon

[quote name='sonicemerald']Did the ME3 CE have a credit deal? I pre-ordered it forever ago, and don't remember if it did or not.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so but I would like to know the answer to this as well.

[quote name='sonicemerald']Did the ME3 CE have a credit deal? I pre-ordered it forever ago, and don't remember if it did or not.[/QUOTE]

Never did. It was the main reason I went for Gamestop with my pre-order.

If you preorder a game within your prime trail period is it still considered a prime purchase when it ships after the trail has expired? Just out of curiosity.

[quote name='yesidoknow']If you preorder a game within your prime trail period is it still considered a prime purchase when it ships after the trail has expired? Just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Just sign up for Amazon mom.

3 free months of prime.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Yep.

Just sign up for Amazon mom.

3 free months of prime.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea it existed, To bad I used the free Prime membership already.

[quote name='yesidoknow']If you preorder a game within your prime trail period is it still considered a prime purchase when it ships after the trail has expired? Just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]
Yes, even if the game ships years later, lol (I know through experience, and more than a couple games. I went crazy the day before my trial ran out, and all shipped on RDD or 2 day. Of course, they added 99cent RDD in that time period, so it wasn't that big a deal after that). If the game adds RDD later, don't touch it in "shipping speed", but it will uprade to that automatically, too :D.

I mainly just wanted borderlands 2, And I figured Amazon was better than gamestop to get the bonuses and they price match also unlike GS.

BTW, Anyone know why I have two extra pages at the end of this thread?

Sure did not, and that's why I'm done ordering CE's from Amazon.

[quote name='yesidoknow']I mainly just wanted borderlands 2, And I figured Amazon was better than gamestop to get the bonuses and they price match also unlike GS.

BTW, Anyone know why I have two extra pages at the end of this thread?[/QUOTE]
Cause the thread is huge.

[quote name='yesidoknow']I mainly just wanted borderlands 2, And I figured Amazon was better than gamestop to get the bonuses and they price match also unlike GS.

I'm holding off on Borderlands until more pre-order details come out.

Also, there's two extra pages because of witchcraft. Definitely witchcraft.

[quote name='FerDK']Has anyone received their Silent Hill in-game weapons code yet?[/QUOTE]

Yah got the weapons code last night it's not a downloadable or anything but here's the instructions

When a locker appears in the game, enter the following code to have your exclusive weapons (Pistol 45 and Baseball Bat) appear inside. These lockers are placed throughout the game and you can enter your code at any of them: 353479

When you come across a locker in the game, follow these steps:
Step 1: Press the Action button to interact with the locker
Step 2: The numpad will appear
Step 3: Enter 353479 as the combination code
Step 4: Press the Action button
Step 5: Now the locker will open with your weapons

Below are a few locations where you can find lockers in the game:
1. Entrance of Silent Hill (After exiting Devils Pit tourist area).
2. House with the basement entrance on Campbell St.
3. Pearl Creek Subway (Off Laymond Ave).

[quote name='FerDK']Got the same email, seems that the weapons code is not so ´exclusive´ after all... I hate when amazon does that.[/QUOTE]

Yah I hear ya. Amazon isn't the only place tho gamestop did the exact same thing.

[quote name='FerDK']Got the same email, seems that the weapons code is not so ´exclusive´ after all... I hate when amazon does that.
random.gif

[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean they did the exact same thing to me when I pre-ordered I think the 2nd Fallout but I cant really remember. I think they just say that so people will feel special and they become more likely to buy

Not sure on the pages thing. Mine sometimes shows one extra page that I can't get to (I have my views set to 100 posts per page). It seems fine now, though. Very odd.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']What happened to the $20 credits, Amazon?[/QUOTE]
I only shop at amazon for the good customer service and the no tax. Video game wise its pretty much paying retail price or save $10 . I remember they use to(4 years ago) have crazy good lightning deals, its basically a joke now. The only good deals you find amazon offering for video games(PC being an exception) now is something they are matching from another retailer.

Newegg, Best Buy, and Gamefly are stepping it up. Even gamestop is slowly offering pretty good deals on new games.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Remember the good old days when Amazon did $20 credits? Amazon sucks for buying new games[/QUOTE]
Heh, I look back at it as a good thing as it has completely weened me off buying every new game just because a $20 credit was attached. Went from spending hundreds a year at Amazon to practically nothing.

Maybe this has been mentioned before but what's up with Amazon putting expiration dates on the $10 or $20 credit you get with an order? My ME3 credit expires on 3/31 so I have to use it by then or it disappears. When did they start doing this?

[quote name='variablesunknown']Maybe this has been mentioned before but what's up with Amazon putting expiration dates on the $10 or $20 credit you get with an order? My ME3 credit expires on 3/31 so I have to use it by then or it disappears. When did they start doing this?[/QUOTE]

2013.....learn to read

[quote name='pedrobeara']2013.....learn to read[/QUOTE]

Great, I did miss that. Thanks for the help.

See, that's how you convey information to another CAG without being a dick! :)

where do you check these expirations? I can only find out if i have credit or not when I add something to the cart and go to checkout.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']where do you check these expirations? I can only find out if i have credit or not when I add something to the cart and go to checkout.[/QUOTE]

The only way I found was to look at the original email where Amazon gives you the credit code. In the past they would just tell you that you have earned credit and you would see it when you put something in your cart (it would factor into the price). I have only noticed the expiration notice on the new credit codes vs. the style where they added to your balance.

So put something in your cart, proceed to checkout and see how much credit is factoring in to your purchase to see how much you currently have. Maybe there is a better way, if so maybe one of our fellow CAGs could enlighten us?

[quote name='variablesunknown']Great, I did miss that. Thanks for the help.

See, that's how you convey information to another CAG without being a dick! :)[/QUOTE]

sorry I did not mean to come off as a dick

bread's done
Back