Amazon DOTD 11/12/09: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles $15.98

[quote name='Naterrs']bloody hell, and I just bought this for $20.[/QUOTE]

Paid $22 plus myself. Oh well it's Amazon. Sometimes you win and other times you lose!:lol:

Like my getting "The Conduit" for $17.99 today- it's back to $29.99 now. ;)

Very tempting with the sequel coming soon and all. I've been thinking about getting this for a while now. Going to think about it though.

I went ahead and grabbed it. I'd been going back and forth on it on whether I really wanted it... for this price I decided to go for it!

very disappointing game for me. a huge RE fan and i sold mine after 3rd chapter boss nemesis.

the checkpoint system was the killer. first time playing, if you screw up but managed to get to the stage boss, well then, you're focked with shit ammo and no health herb. and when you die, you start at the same checkpoint with the same items had.

it took me about 20 trys to beat the nemesis and never played the last chapter.

lucky for me, youtube provided me with everything i needed to see. i will do the same with the second one and save me the trouble and cash.

[quote name='MechaGojira']I went ahead and grabbed it. I'd been going back and forth on it on whether I really wanted it... for this price I decided to go for it![/QUOTE]

Yeah same. I needed to get a CD for someone's birthday anyway so I threw it in with that.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']very disappointing game for me. a huge RE fan and i sold mine after 3rd chapter boss nemesis.

the checkpoint system was the killer. first time playing, if you screw up but managed to get to the stage boss, well then, you're focked with shit ammo and no health herb. and when you die, you start at the same checkpoint with the same items had.

lucky for me, youtube provided me with everything i needed to see. i will do the same with the second one and save me the trouble and cash.[/QUOTE]

You must of really hated old school gaming lol.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']very disappointing game for me. a huge RE fan and i sold mine after 3rd chapter boss nemesis.

lucky for me, youtube provided me with everything i needed to see. i will do the same with the second one and save me the trouble and cash.[/QUOTE]
I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe you're a "huge RE fan" and you're unfamiliar with the concept of screwing yourself over by being low on ammo/herbs. >_>;

Anyway, I've been waiting to get this at the B2G1 at Gamestop on Black Friday (was planning to get this, Overkill, and something else for around $40), but with this and Overkill being ~$13 at Newegg (assuming it's still valid, which I'm really hoping), I think I may just jump on this. What do you guys think? Get the two games for ~$30 and no other game, or wait and get both used and another game for ~$40?

First HoTD goes really low, now this!! hope ya'll have your trigger fingers ready!! these are some of the best games on the Wii

Damn. Overkill's not on sale any more... Definitely something to take into consideration now... :/ Maybe I'll just go ahead and bite on this (especially since I can get the Perfect Shot for under $10 with it- I don't know what happened to my other one... o_O;) and RE: UC for ~$25, minus $10 gaming credit for pre-ordering MW2. :p Perfect Shot for free? Count me in. ^_^

Thats one of the issues I have had.. If youre not fully prepared when you get to the boss it could really hurt. You may never get past him.. :drool: At least on a good note it adds more of a challenge to the game so you have to up your strategy! :)

lucky for me, youtube provided me with everything i needed to see. i will do the same with the second one and save me the trouble and cash. [/QUOTE]

Good deal on a good complex rail shooter that redefines the genre. Took me 12 hours to beat this game!

Complaints:

You have to beat everything just to unlock 2-player mode. By that point, you're burned out on the game and don't want to play it anymore. Should have been accessible from the start.

The requirement for unlocking a particular scenario can be very arbitrary, like "Get at least an A rank on chapter 3-3".

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']You must of really hated old school gaming lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge (actual, numbered) RE fan too, and hated this. Not saying it's not fun for some people, but it's WAY too hard and was a complete rip off for me.

[quote name='Vegan']You have to beat everything just to unlock 2-player mode.[/QUOTE]

Is there a different two player mode besides co-op?

I paid $30 for this when it was a DotD closer to when it came out.. not a bad game at all. For $15.98, you should be jumping on it like a fly on shit.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Is there a different two player mode besides co-op?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... i am confused.

I played 2 player coop from the jump.

My favorite light gun game on the Wii. Lots of replay value, solid graphics for the Wii and a blast to play two players! Wow Amazon, great deal.

Huge RE fan and I love the shite outta this game.

I really enjoyed this game--absolute blast with two players and a ton of replayability to find all the loot and upgrade your weapons and unlock more stages.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah... i am confused.

I played 2 player coop from the jump.[/QUOTE]

I was also under the impression that you had to unlock coop. Are you all telling me I was wrong? That's too bad. Because me and my friend tried to play it coop back when this was first released and we obviously did something wrong because we couldn't get it to work. As a result, its been sitting on my shelf unplayed ever since. Maybe I will dust it off and try again if you guys are sure you are correct.

I got it used at a GameStop B2G1... It's probably worth the $15-16. I think I paid $13ish.

The only annoying part is the waggle controls you have to do to dodge certain attacks, and the stabbing motions you have to make to get those leach things off you. A little too interactive for a rail shooter. But I probably just want to be lazy.

[quote name='Vegan']Good deal on a good complex rail shooter that redefines the genre. Took me 12 hours to beat this game!

Complaints:

You have to beat everything just to unlock 2-player mode. By that point, you're burned out on the game and don't want to play it anymore. Should have been accessible from the start.

The requirement for unlocking a particular scenario can be very arbitrary, like "Get at least an A rank on chapter 3-3".[/QUOTE]

My G/f amd I played 2 player co-op right from the start so not sure what you are talking about. The only thing I hated was the shared health but I guess that is normal for rail shooters. The only one that I believe that has seperate health was HODOK.

yeah, these games are always coop and I never play them alone. Brings back the feel of wasting a roll of quarters while waiting for your movie to start at the theater. I'd firebomb Capcom if they made me unlock something to play it coop.

You want too much interaction for a rail shooter? Try Dead Space Extraction. I just want to shoot shit, dammit!

You have to beat The 4th Survivor scenario to unlock 2-player co-op for the "secret missions". 4th Survivor is the last scenario you can unlock.

Played through most of it when a friend loaned it to me. Been waiting for it to drop. This price seems right. I'll bite.

[quote name='token2k6']First HoTD goes really low, now this!! hope ya'll have your trigger fingers ready!! these are some of the best games on the Wii[/QUOTE]

hah, that going on sale had me hoping I could find a deal on this, and quickly. I'm pleased :) Finally, my "mature" Wii collection is piecing itself together...

The Quick Time Events spoil this game for me. You can't tell who's doing the motion wrong, and getting them wrong results in instant death for both people, which quickly derails what would otherwise be a fine shooting experience.

WOW. I chose Free Super Saver Shipping this morning, with the projected shipping date being November 17th... But when I checked a few minutes ago, it had already been shipped, and the estimated delivery date is November 20th. o_O;

Went ahead and ordered it, along with The District 9 Blu Ray that was in my Gold Box. I forgot I had the $20 Modern Warfare 2 credit, so I got them both for $18.99, the cost of the District 9 Blu Ray.

Gonna order it. Figures there's a sale today when Goozex fines a match for me. Sent a cancel request so hopefully that goes through.

EDIT: I combined it with my New Super Mario Bros Wii order (since both were going to come around that same day. Why make the UPS guy carry 2 packages?) and my ECA discount got an extra $1.50 off! Hopefully Amazon doesn't see cancel my entire discount.

[quote name='icedrake523']Gonna order it. Figures there's a sale today when Goozex fines a match for me. Sent a cancel request so hopefully that goes through.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me all the time.

I didn't like the game. It felt like I was forcing my way through it. It really wasn't all that fun. It did have a few parts that were okay though. I traded it in during the RE3 part. My biggest complaint was having to move the camera. I think it would of been fine if the camera stayed still allowing everything to be on the same screen. I hated having to turn the camera to the left or down just to get an off screen enemy.

[quote name='XFLOP20']What happened to the ECA code?[/QUOTE]

ECA codes are down. After I ordered it, I combined it with an pre-order that I had used the ECA code on and it applied to RE:UC, too.

bread's done
Back