Amazon DOTD (12/3) - Spectral Souls (PSP) @ 19.99

[quote name='AlphakirA']Meh, it's an Atlus game so I may bite by the end of the day, but the reviews don't look particularly sweet.[/QUOTE]
Actually Atlus has nothing to do with this game. Idea Factory made it and NISA published it.

EB/GS also has the same price for a while now

Yeah, I got it from EB for that much in the Summer.

It's not a bad game, but the loading times on the disc are almost unbearable. You have to be really patient to play it. Supposedly it's better on a slim, but I tried it on mine, and it still was pretty painful. (if you have custom firmware, it's fine from the memory stick)

(Sometimes it's listed as from Atlus, because they distributed it.)

[quote name='62t']Actually Atlus has nothing to do with this game. Idea Factory made it and NISA published it.

EB/GS also has the same price for a while now[/quote]

Ahhh, I didn't know that, I simply read off of Amazon:
"Spectral Souls
Other products by Atlus"

:) - thanks for the info

With so many Strategy/RPGs available on the Playstation Portable, getting one that caused IGN to go below a 7 doesn't sound like a good bet.

Apparently what should be a slightly above average rating for IGN equates with "more boring than watching paint dry". Hmm, shouldn't that be more like a 0 or a 1? Not for IGN...

[quote name='jacknicklson']Only worth the money if you run the iso.[/quote]

Agreed. Running from the disc is unbearable. I converted my disc to iso and have been playing it non-stop ever since about 3 or 4 months ago. I really love this game, and here is why:

:applause: Lots of control on how you develop your characters
:applause: Creating new armors, weapons and accessories is very entertaining IMO
:) Dialog is well written, although the storyline is difficult to follow
;) Ability to play as 3 totally different teams (there are negatives to this also though)
:) Graphics are more than passable
:applause: Ability to do combination attacks with other members of your team
:applause: New game+ system

Overall it is a very well made game that I have gotten and will continue to get alot of enjoyment from. I own but have not yet played Jean D'Arc, so I don't know how well this stacks up against that one.

bread's done
Back