Amazon DOTD: Way Of The Samurai 3 $29.98 PS3 & 360

Beat me to it... I've been waiting for a deal on this game but I just don't know if I can bite. I have way too many games and not enough time. Not to mention how much money I've spent in the last month.

I would think about it when it reaches $25 or lower. It's fun...But not $30 fun in my opinion.

If you want another way of the samurai game and really enjoyed the formula, it's more. They really didn't push the envelope for what these systems are capable of though.

I swear to God I'm never buying a game at launch again because it's gonna be "rare".

In any case if you have a standard tv, don't bother, your not reading anything.

Love this series and have been looking forward to it since it was first announced... But after checking out the reviews, I was waiting till it hit $20. Honestly though, it probably won't get lower than this for awhile...

Sheee-it. Kinda wish I held off until now, but it got me the $40 coupon from Amazon, so I'll live.

That said, the game is definitely not for everyone, but it is also definitely for a decent chunk of gamers. It's got a choose your own adventure vibe to the story, and you really have to be the kind of person who doesn't mind playing the game over and over again (A run on the game can be finished in an evening, in an hour or so if you don't do any side stuff.) to get better swords and do the tedious collect-a-thon, all while considering stuff like "Okay, what if I go down that plot route but instead I murder the guy before he meets me at plot point C?" or similar perversions of the game's sequence of events. If you're the sort who can love Dynasty Warriors games enough to dip into the series multiple times, then definitely consider this one.

You don't have much power over the game's story, usually limited to being able to choose which plot events happen once you get used to what event occurs when, but it is nice to see the amount of ways the game lets you be a complete dick. Good presentation. Decently fun combat. Graphics definitely beyond the PS2/Xbox1 but not really current gen. It's a surprisingly solid product.

Note that if you do get it, start on Easy. The game's difficulties are DW style, where it depends on how beefed up your stats are more than your leet button mashing skills, though both play a good part.

I'm happy that the price of this game finally went down, but I'm gonna have to wait for it to hit a store since I can't order online.(My mom won't let me use my credit card for online purchases)

I loved playing WOTS 1 over and over again on my old PS2, so I definitely want to pick this game up in the future, hopefully at $25 or $20, but I'm not shelling out $50+ for this.

nice...I was looking for this to drop to 30 again. During BF week I took to long to think about this. Also, LEGO Star Wars the complete saga is 12 for those who are interested. I cancelled Raging Bull on blu-ray and picked this one up. I had the old episodes of the LEGOs SW game and thought it was great simple fun.

I have heard bad things about WoTS and never played any of the others, but, who doesn't like the samurai?

If you loved WOTS 1 and 2, then you'll definitely love this one.
But like others said, it's not for everyone. Don't expect Uncharted quality. It's a nice little niche title. Think of it as a groundhog's day(movie) kinda game where you replay the story over and over again, changing the story with your choices every playthrough.

Yep, I agree with every RollingSkull and poop69 said. It's a great game for a certain type of gamer. If you played the previous version and loved those, you will love this too. It is kind of a choose your own adventure story, and you will have to play it over multiple times to get everything.

You can't compare this game to something like Uncharted 2, they are two different types of games, and this was released over a year ago in Japan so graphics are definitely not on par with that, or even what most people will consider good for this generation. This game does have limited appeal and buy it only if you want to play, not to collect or because it might be rare.

decent price for a decent game. however, im currently broke right now so i'll probably wait once the price drops another $10.

[quote name='poop69']If you loved WOTS 1 and 2, then you'll definitely love this one.
But like others said, it's not for everyone. Don't expect Uncharted quality. It's a nice little niche title. Think of it as a groundhog's day(movie) kinda game where you replay the story over and over again, changing the story with your choices every playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I loved the first one. It wasn't the most polished game ever, but it was really, really innovative. I'm surprised what this game does isn't done more.

[quote name='iRent']I would think about it when it reaches $25 or lower. It's fun...But not $30 fun in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Gurantee if this was $25, you'd say the same thing but with $19.99 or lower instead. "It's fun but not $25 fun". it's a 5 f'n dollar difference.

It's CAG, I'm convinced half the heads on this site don't actually play their games, just want to experience the thrill of the hunt and get a good deal.

Of course I have TRU receipt from 2004 plastered on my wall where I got a grand worth of stuff for $30, so I can't say I blame them.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's CAG, I'm convinced half the heads on this site don't actually play their games, just want to experience the thrill of the hunt and get a good deal.

Of course I have TRU receipt from 2004 plastered on my wall where I got a grand worth of stuff for $30, so I can't say I blame them.[/QUOTE]

It feels that way personally sometimes. I have probably spent more time hunting down deals than playing games in the past few months sadly. Time for me to turn that around.

As for the 2004 receipt, I would love to see what that score was. I thought I've had some pretty pretty good hauls but $1k for $30, that's something epic I'd like to know details on!

It was actually 2005 during the legendary 90% off green tag at Toys R Us. I found a store way out that was just completely stocked (they even had GENESIS and Saturn games for God's sakes) with games. Combine that with the $10 off 2 games coupon (90% off + 5 off each game) and it was madness. I only paid for green tagged toys and the games were basically free. I honestly only did just to see if it could be done,I've never come close to having a great score ever again. I went back a week later and found out some other guy cleaned house and their was still lots of pickings left.

But yeah, on topic: I really, really, really wanna play and love this game but the text is just simply too small if your using a SDTV, and this is coming from someone who played through Dead Rising several times.

It's CAG, I'm convinced half the heads on this site don't actually play their games, just want to experience the thrill of the hunt and get a good deal.

Well said...I mean we try to play our games, but we are more infatuated with our collections and "saving money" (even though we all know since joining CAG no once has actually saved money, instead, spend more)...thanks CAG for making me broke, in debt, and having a blast!!!

I look forward to many more years of our long relationship. I hope you all will continue to join me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Gurantee if this was $25, you'd say the same thing but with $19.99 or lower instead. "It's fun but not $25 fun". it's a 5 f'n dollar difference.[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably now that I think about it. It's an okay game with a good premise but leaves a bit to be desired. If only it were a little more fleshed out. Getting the right order for the inklings can be a bit annoying sometimes when the difference between the routes can be one tiny thing. The story line gets stale if that happens too much. I must say I definitely rented this and it is worth the rent.

I played the first one on PS2 many times trying to get all the different endings. It was a really good game. I think this could be a good, solid title. Unfortunately, having just bought the Wal-Mart PS3 bundle w/Infamous and Batman: AA, and having AC2 and COD:MW2 for 360, I just don't think I'm going to have the time over Christmas break. Also, spring semester is going to be hell as far as having any free time goes. I believe I'm going to wait b/c it will get cheaper and I don't have time to play it now anyway.

bread's done
Back