Amazon: DS Lite Headsets for $4.95! DS Lite AC Adapter $5.09!

Even at that price I have to question if its even worth it. For one, I don't play my DS online that much, and two, how many games actually effectively utilize this (and by effectively, I mean it actually really enhances the game)?

Huh....interesting. If I can find some decent filler, this might just push me over the edge for Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (even though I probably wouldn't be able to use it for that, lol).

Not a bad filler at all. The should make semi-decent trade list material, and it's good for games like Brain Age and Nintendogs.

What's the difference between using this vs the built-in mic on the DS? Does this give better sound quality?

[quote name='V878']What's the difference between using this vs the built-in mic on the DS? Does this give better sound quality?[/quote]
Kind of. Its better because you don't have to find the perfect position on your DS to get a clear voice.

Doh, got this when it launched at Amazon for $10 months ago and still haven't opened it. I've never seen anyone use it either. Might be good for Warioware Touched or other blowing games, I guess, but its mainly for Nintendogs and Brain Age.

[quote name='Homerun17']Kind of. Its better because you don't have to find the perfect position on your DS to get a clear voice.[/quote]
Yeah that makes sense. I've had a Lite for almost 2 years but barely used the mic on it so I wasn't sure how the quality was on that.

[quote name='slidecage']last week it was 9.19 and been falling around 50 cents ever other day... will wait till it hits 3[/quote]

As long as the price goes down within 30 days you can contact Amazon and they'll credit you the difference, even if it's a couple of bucks. My lowest request so far was for $1.05, one day I'll break that dollar mark.

The A/C Adapter portion is a repost :lol:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178651

I noticed it, posted it, and purchased it on the 6th, but I put it in the GBA/DS forum since that seemed the most relevant place to post.

Fun Fact: I received my 2 A/C chargers yesterday in the same shipment. They were both in the same type of package, but one had a perma-sticker with all the info on it, the other had it imbedded/impressioned on the actual plastic (more similar to my OEM charger). I thought it strange. Two different manufacturers for an Official Nintendo Product making it two different ways at the same time...

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Is this really the front page of CAG worthy?

It's a pretty decent deal if you flat out NEED that stuff, but a lot of people don't.[/quote]

Cheap needs to get paid. :cool:

Nice. I have no actual use for that headset, but for that price, what the heck, maybe something will use it. And I can use a spare AC adapter or two. (Keep one at...uh...you know :D )

[quote name='bombboy']Anyone know if this will work on a Slim PSP? :eek:[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I'd assume both systems have proprietary connections, but I don't really know. I think there's a specific headset-thingee for the Playstation Portable too.

I can't actually remember using the microphone in my DS since Brain Age. Blue! Blue! ;)

I bought the the Gamestop/Pelican DS Lite AC adapter a few months back... Has anyone had any bad history with those? If they're known to break, I might as well get an official one now.

[quote name='Master Shake']Slight price drop on both the headset and charger.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DS Headset $5.40

Nintendo DS Lite AC Adapter $5.94

[quote name='Chronis']I bought the the Gamestop/Pelican DS Lite AC adapter a few months back... Has anyone had any bad history with those? If they're known to break, I might as well get an official one now.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything, but personally I'd never use anything but an official adapter.

How do I do a price adjust? I don't see anything about it specifically, but can get to an "Express-Customer Service" email form with both the headset and AC adapters checked. Do I just go "I noticed the prices on these items have fallen, and wondered if I could get them adjusted" or something like that?

[quote name='Wolfpup']How do I do a price adjust? I don't see anything about it specifically, but can get to an "Express-Customer Service" email form with both the headset and AC adapters checked. Do I just go "I noticed the prices on these items have fallen, and wondered if I could get them adjusted" or something like that?[/quote]
Yeah. Use that email form and say you want a price adjustment as long as it's within 30 days of shipment.

[quote name='eau']Yeah. Use that email form and say you want a price adjustment as long as it's within 30 days of shipment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just submitted mine. It's just $1.30 or something, but hey.

[quote name='tomwaits1']The DS headset is also on clearance at Target for $3.74, if you can find one locally.[/QUOTE]

Mine will never, ever, ever have any of these great deals I hear about on here. I used to rush over there, and I have literally not once seen any of them :whistle2:(

So what's the headset actually good for now that I own one? Does Pokemon 4 support voice chat?

pokemon, metroid, and one of the Yu-Gi-Oh games are the only ones that use voice chat. gauntlet DS when it's release will make 4..(5 if you count Pmon twice)

I just ordered myself the headsets. I can't wait to use these with Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Now I'll be able to hear my friend over wifi.

i really really don't need one. I have my original and a car charger(DS,DSL,GBM) but for that price i'm really tempted to get one to replace my back up wall (DS,DSL,GBM) charger

[quote name='Wolfkin']i really really don't need one. I have my original and a car charger(DS,DSL,GBM) but for that price i'm really tempted to get one to replace my back up wall (DS,DSL,GBM) charger[/QUOTE]

Note that the DS Lite charger isn't the same as the DS (fat) charger! It sounds like you are talking about a DS fat charger, and this isn't it.

yeah I'm aware.. and I'm referring to my lite. I have my DSL (DS Light) Charger. I also bought a set for $12 at the comp USA that was two tri-chargers. Two chargers that have three prongs to charge DS/GBA SP, DS Lite and GameBoy Micro. One for car and one for home. So of the three chargers I have my multi charger for home is dead.

bread's done
Back