Amazon Fast and The Furious BluRay Bundle

MrDubbs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Has anyone here ordered this bundle from them?

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Furious-Blu-ray-Digital-UltraViolet/dp/B00BFZBMDS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386178025&sr=8-3&keywords=Fast+and+The+Furious+bluray

I ordered this bundle as part of my black friday shopping and received it today.

Prior to ordering, I contacted Amazon, because I noticed that the product had some bad reviews on the packaging (which I assume was Amazon's doing)

Apparently, they were taping the movies together, and shrink wrapping them. I was assured by the CSR, that it shouldn't be that way anymore, but if for some reason it was I could return it or replace it.

Sure enough, when I got it today, they were taped together. I was extremely careful (or so I thought) and removed one side of the tape just fine. The other side I wasn't so lucky, and it took off some of the artwork on the sides and completly ripped number IV's slip cover on the side.

So I called Amazon, and the lady claims to have put in some sort of packaging feedback. I asked if I could find out the outcome of this feedback before replacing the order, which I was told I couldn't. I asked if there anyway to contact the warehouse, and again was told no. I find it extremely odd that they aren't allowed to contact the warehouse and find out any information

She went ahead and processed a replacement, but I'm worried it's going to be taped as well. Does anyone who has gotten this set have any advice for removing the tape and not damaging the movies?

honestly opened this and thought it would be related to Paul Walker's death....

anyway, sorry to hear that OP.  Its really unfortunate how Amazon packaging is most of the time.

I personally like the slip covers, and think it adds to the case; but can live with out them. It just really surprises me that they'd tape them. The new set showed up today, taped as well. Still had damage to the covers... oh well I guess

You didn't by chance take a picture of the packaging did you? This looks like a great deal and I'd like to order but I'm picky about my covers as well...

Yuck, hate slipcovers.

It makes sense what she said as Amazon has many distribution centers and they are operated as independent facilities. There's Amazon.com's web staff and support and then you have all the warehouses which are their own thing entirely.

You didn't by chance take a picture of the packaging did you? This looks like a great deal and I'd like to order but I'm picky about my covers as well...
I did not. Basically what they did , is stack the movies on top of each other and put a packaging like piece of tape on each side to "hold " them together and then shrink wrapped them together. No matter what you do, you'll be EXTREMELY lucky to get the tape off without any sort of damage to the covers. The covers have a metalic like shine on them, which comes off as well.

My order just arrived today. Sure enough they were taped together and then shrinkwrapped. I made a compromise and use an Exacto knife to cut between the slipcovers. The tape is still there but my covers technically aren't ruined haha. I contacted Amazon and got a partial refund on this =)

My order just arrived today. Sure enough they were taped together and then shrinkwrapped. I made a compromise and use an Exacto knife to cut between the slipcovers. The tape is still there but my covers technically aren't ruined haha. I contacted Amazon and got a partial refund on this =)
How much did they give you?

I got my bundle recently from Amazon. My set didn't come with any slip covers. I was happy with my purchase.

bread's done
Back