Amazon has Brave Story PSP for $19.99

Wow seriously? That game was a generic RPG with no soul. I played a little more than a dozen hours of that game and hated myself for buying it.

Perhaps one of the only psp game I truly enjoyed. It was straight up rpg fun all over again. I've beaten the game twice now.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Pre-ordered it a month before it came out at $40, and don't regret it. One of the best handheld RPGs ever made.[/quote]

Yup.

Was waiting to purchase this for $20 and found it online at Walmart a month ago. Excellent RPG. Exceeded my expectations and definitely worth $20, even $40.

[quote name='Hostile']Wow seriously? That game was a generic RPG with no soul. I played a little more than a dozen hours of that game and hated myself for buying it.[/quote]

What the hell? There are plenty of games like that. Save your ammo for them.

I liked this game so much, I bought the anime movie, novel, and want to read the manga as well.

[quote name='gb2003']the game that might go OOP soon.[/quote]
shhhhh :whistle2:#. don't say that, gamequestdirect might hear you :bomb:

So what's it play like? Why should I be interested? I didn't even know this existed, but you guys have intrigued me.

Okay, I'm reading reviews, and I can't decide. Sounds like a competent game, but I'm REALLY burnt out on Japanese RPGs unless they
-have good stories
-have non-frustrating gameplay (I want something of the complexity of the mainline Final Fantasy games or easier)

I've just gone through the whole "level up, fight the boss, etc." routine so many times that it takes a lot to interest me.

the story isn't really anything special, well there's a nice twist but they give it right at the start of the game and unfortunately it is never revisited until the end (could have been a lot cooler!)

It basically plays exactly like any old Dragon Quest game. There are a bunch of sidequests to blow time on.

Does the pace of this game speed up at all? I'm a couple hours in, and I'm enjoying the characters, combat, and general atmosphere of the game, but it's just so slow... I feel like every conversation is three times as long as it needs to be, and the unskippable tutorials drag on forever. Please tell me the pace picks up as you get further into the story.

Very fun short game (think 20 hours)

does this game have any replay vaule... I beat it off gamefly last year but picked it up here in a trade and never opened it

[quote name='Hostile']Wow seriously? That game was a generic RPG with no soul. I played a little more than a dozen hours of that game and hated myself for buying it.[/quote]

Seems like your alone on this one...I'd have to agree with the majority and say this game is worth $40 and a steal at $20.....

I kind of liked Polopocrios, so maybe that's sort of a simlar deal?

I really, REALLY think Japanese RPGs need better writing though. Like MUCH better writing (as a rule). Considering how popular the genre is, and how story driven it is, you'd think they'd invest in WAY better scripts by now.

bread's done
Back