Amazon matches Catherine, now $29.99 shipped( other matches listed in OP)

JP73

CAGiversary!
I know many Gamestops are out of stock and/or are gutted. Amazon has them in stock at $29.99. My friend ordered one less than 3 weeks ago and even got the artbook and CD

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Playstation-3/dp/B004P7VGF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333397541&sr=8-1

360 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Pla..._0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333398918&sr=1-1

Other games have also been matched and I will update the OP shortly when i get a more comprehensive list. I bid you toodles, for now

:360::ps3:Call od Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $34.99
:360::ps3:GTA 4 Complete $19.99
:360::ps3:Battlefield 3 $39.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99
:360::ps3:Batman Arkham City $29.99
:360::ps3:NFS: The Run $19.99
:360::ps3:SSX $29.99
:360::ps3:Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $39.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire $19.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire Complete $29.99
:360:Lord of the Rings War In The North $19.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition $29.99( PS3 version OOS as of now)
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY $19.99

As of now, no match on Assassins Creed Revelations for 20 and the new Final Fantasy for 30. There may be more, so if I missed something you can look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']How do you guys feel about la noire at $30?[/QUOTE]

I am still not done with this game.

It's definitely a fine game - it's just better in small doses.

Sweet, I picked up GTA IV complete after almost picking up regular edition for 20 the other day. Thanks OP :D

Man I love CAG

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I really regret not picking up that Love is Over edition for 35USD. The sale ended too fast.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that one. I wish that was the price for the PS3 copy. I'll eventually snag a copy from Gamefly. Come on $9.99!

The items from the collector's edition aren't really things I want to keep around the house...that's why I would never get it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's the thing, that's ALL they do anymore. They don't even have halfway decent sales of their own from what I've seen anymore. All they do is PM other stores/sites and their prices.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Who cares though? Most people don't get charged tax, you can buy it from your home, and there's little possibility of stock issues. For all of these reasons, even just a simple price match still makes it a better deal than Best Buy, GameStop, etc.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $39.99

Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

with all the dlc for htat it makes me want to see if they'll have a complete package. They already are working on a 2nd one.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Who cares though? Most people don't get charged tax, you can buy it from your home, and there's little possibility of stock issues. For all of these reasons, even just a simple price match still makes it a better deal than Best Buy, GameStop, etc.[/QUOTE]

This. ^

Playing it now from Gamefly and it's sooooo good. Love anything Persona team puts out, can't wait for whatever's next.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Who cares though? Most people don't get charged tax, you can buy it from your home, and there's little possibility of stock issues. For all of these reasons, even just a simple price match still makes it a better deal than Best Buy, GameStop, etc.[/QUOTE]
So then when is Amazon going to price match the @Gamer coupon games for $4.99-$14.99 each(Rage, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 2, Batman: Arkham City, Final Fantasy XIII-2) ? I'd like to see them match those games AND give free super saver shipping w/o requiring a $25 total to do so.

That's the other thing that's a deal breaker for me with Amazon anymore, the fact that you HAVE to spend $25 just to get free shipping. Not all of us wanna spend $80 a year on Prime shipping.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You're right about that one. I wish that was the price for the PS3 copy. I'll eventually snag a copy from Gamefly. Come on $9.99![/QUOTE]

yeah, I guess you're not the only one who care about that $9.99 from Gamefly ;)

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']How do you guys feel about la noire at $30?[/QUOTE]
I bought it when it was new. great new type of things, something new. Im trying to wait and not get things when they are new, but it depends on what you like. pretty good for what it tried to do

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So then when is Amazon going to price match the @Gamer coupon games for $4.99-$14.99 each(Rage, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 2, Batman: Arkham City, Final Fantasy XIII-2) ? I'd like to see them match those games AND give free super saver shipping w/o requiring a $25 total to do so.

That's the other thing that's a deal breaker for me with Amazon anymore, the fact that you HAVE to spend $25 just to get free shipping. Not all of us wanna spend $80 a year on Prime shipping.[/QUOTE]

What?

I'm simply saying that when Amazon PMs a B&M deal, it's a better deal in both money and convenience, so it's not like they're just meeting their competitor's prices. They're still offering the better value.

[quote name='MauraderShields']can someone confirm if we'll get the original box art or the alt art? I really hate the alternative cover[/QUOTE]

Mine is coming sometime tomorrow, I can let you know then for sure. It is supposed to be the regular one, but apparently some have ordered this from Amazon in past weeks and have gotten the edited version.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']What?

I'm simply saying that when Amazon PMs a B&M deal, it's a better deal in both money and convenience, so it's not like they're just meeting their competitor's prices. They're still offering the better value.[/QUOTE]
Except that not everybody is tax free with Amazon at this point. People in NY and some other states already have to fork out sales tax when ordering from there. Not to mention that you're supposed to remit the sales tax on online purchases to your state if there is a sales tax charged in your state anyway.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that not everybody is tax free with Amazon at this point. People in NY and some other states already have to fork out sales tax when ordering from there. Not to mention that you're supposed to remit the sales tax on online purchases to your state if there is a sales tax charged in your state anyway.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit.

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']yeah, I guess you're not the only one who care about that $9.99 from Gamefly ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm cheap, lol. I have it rented from Gamefly. Hopefully they'll have a sale so I can select the "Keep" game option. My girl and I want to play it. I also have Rayman Origins here as well. The cheapest price was $19.99. It'll be ten dollars soon hopefully.

Got a brand new sealed copy of Catherine from GS because I had credit there. I'm thinking of doing a scumbag move and ordering from amazon and see if I get the CD/artbook. Will keep the artbook and return the game if that happens

nah too much of a scum thing to do

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that not everybody is tax free with Amazon at this point. People in NY and some other states already have to fork out sales tax when ordering from there. Not to mention that you're supposed to remit the sales tax on online purchases to your state if there is a sales tax charged in your state anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Obama!

Amazon didn't match White Knight Chronicles II but found a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon selling it for $22.69, so went ahead and bought it. Don't really wanna bother with finding it at Gamestop.

Thanks, OP! Finally picking this up.

[quote name='MauraderShields']Got a brand new sealed copy of Catherine from GS because I had credit there. I'm thinking of doing a scumbag move and ordering from amazon and see if I get the CD/artbook. Will keep the artbook and return the game if that happens

nah too much of a scum thing to do[/QUOTE]

Don't lie, you're still gonna do it.

Well I must be nuttier than a bowl of Grape Nuts but I got both this and KOF XIII. Now watch them both be readily available for $20 before I break the seal on either.

thanks op, I jumped in on this even though I dont know if ill ever play it, but original games must be made and supported... same reason I bought Shadows of the Damned.

Thanks, jumped on the deal. I enjoyed the demo, and if it's out of print like you guys are saying I don't want to wait. Also picked up El Shaddai for $15.

I imagine Jeff Bezos wakes up every Sunday morning. Pours his bowl of Kix, pets his cat, and logs onto CAG.

He checks the Target & BB weekly ad threads. Takes a deep breath, sips his coffee, then presses CTRL+ALT+PM.

And just like that all games are price matched -- and I love it.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i thought catherine would be under $10 by now, atlus dont like to make money i guess[/QUOTE]
How exactly does Atlus make money by selling the game at $10 or under again? You want it for cheap, go buy it on Gamefly. But it's a hell of a game with an interesting(if not just more than slightly weird) story to it and well worth the $60 or close that I paid at launch for it.

Woah. IATCG paid $60 for Catherine.

I bought it at Amazon, didn't want to give gamestop money. There is added value as I don't have to drive 15+ miles to gamestop and just spend a few minutes online and saved.

Strangely enough Washington state residents have to pay sales tax. Games aside I can get items at Amazon cheaper than at the stores. So it's win-win.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i thought catherine would be under $10 by now, atlus dont like to make money i guess[/QUOTE]

LOL. They have made bank on this game. It's sales were the highest ever at launch. Grossly exceeded their expectations. I'd say they love money that Catherine has brought in. I'm cheap too, and $10 would have been wonderful, but Atlus games rarely go under $20 new, outside of gamefly used.

[quote name='EvilIA']Woah. IATCG paid $60 for Catherine.

I bought it at Amazon, didn't want to give gamestop money. There is added value as I don't have to drive 15+ miles to gamestop and just spend a few minutes online and saved.

Strangely enough Washington state residents have to pay sales tax. Games aside I can get items at Amazon cheaper than at the stores. So it's win-win.[/QUOTE]
Actually I think it was one of the last games I bought with my $200-ish in Amazon credit I had at one point. If I remember correctly I used a $10 or $20 credit on it, so I likely only paid $40-50 for it and not full price. I also bought Uncharted 3, Lord Of The Rings War In The North and 2-3 other titles that had $10-20 credits at launch from Amazon.

Considering that the $30 level probably will clean out most of the remaining stock of the game, I think Atlus will be perfectly happy not getting your $10, when they can get $30 from someone else.

I got my Catherine today. It was the Original, Un-edited cover WITH Artbook and Sound Disc

How awesome is Prime, BTW? I ordered at 4 PM yesterday, got it at about 10 AM today with free two day shipping

Do the art book and cd come in the Catherine case or are they packaged separately? I bought a "sealed" PS3 copy at Gamestop and I'm trying to determine if I got the extra stuff without opening the game. Thanks!

[quote name='JP73']It's on the outside. It wouldn't fit inside the case[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Hmmmm. Now I need to decide if I want to return my purchase to Gamestop and buy from Amazon instead.

[quote name='JP73']I got my Catherine today. It was the Original, Un-edited cover WITH Artbook and Sound Disc

How awesome is Prime, BTW? I ordered at 4 PM yesterday, got it at about 10 AM today with free two day shipping[/QUOTE]

I guess this means I'll be returning my Best Buy copy and buying this.

*sigh* Is this what I get for buying Catherine from the Gamefly nightly sales? I still haven't even touched it yet...

Are the artbook and sound disc worth the extra $15?

After passing on this both during the SE sale and the used sale...I finally bit on Catherine. I've wanted to play this since it was released and I'm afraid it may actually go out of print. I'm sure that now I've ordered it will be $15 next month. So it goes.

How long is this game?

Its one of those titles I really want to play, but I find with my backlog, if I can't beat a game in about 15 hours, I never finish it. Even worse, is that unlike my unplayed/sealed backlog, I feel bad about selling it because its half complete...

Also +1 on the question of if the art book and CD are worth the extra $15. Id been thinking of just waiting until a copy went on sale in the trading forum.

[quote name='JP73']I got my Catherine today. It was the Original, Un-edited cover WITH Artbook and Sound Disc[/QUOTE]

Which version did you order, the 360 or PS3?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How long is this game?[/QUOTE]

According to a review on Amazon, about 10-20 hours, which is what I'd expect for a game like this.

bread's done
Back